IGNORED

Little People, Big World

homeschoolmomma1

Wow. Just, wow. The people on there who are so distraught and dramatic...

"AnneAugust 3, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Laura, I totally agree. Jacob has definitely crossed a line with these anti Christian messages. I am ready to write the sponsors. Jacob needs a wake up call. He's not free to say any dangerous crap he wants trying to work against God's plan. As supporters of the tv show that this unbeliever benefits room, we do have the power if we unite to wipe Jacob off the internet so that he can't reach others who might be influenced."

Um, what? Just...what?

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is saying I don't personally believe anti-Christian?

I don't consider it to be.

Some of those so-called Christians in the comments are being more anti-christian than Jacob by viciously attacking a 17 year old kid just because he does not subscribe to the same belief system as they do.

• 1 month later...
Jeremy Rolfe is a married man.

http://m.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/ ... o--2014209

*stupid auto correct*

I saw that on Facebook this weekend, I guess People has an article on it. The FB comments were split - half leg-humpers congratulating the wonderful parents who raised such a gem of a boy, and half arguing over whether it's okay to take pictures standing on railroad tracks. :popcorn2:

This family really is the ultimate reality TV trainwreck to me. I think Amy is a go getter but she comes off as having a horrible personality like she is just always so annoyed with her family and with life in general. Also, their house is disgusting- it always looks like it has that trash-sweat-moldly mix of smells I call the fundie funk. Walk into any fundie house and you will know what I mean.

Matt is the martyr. I can't stand it that he is always so negative. He only sees the time people have slighted him and not all the times they accommodate him.

Jeremy is just okay- I think he had a lot of pressure put on him from an early age. He did come off like a little bit of a jerk during his teen years, but I think he will mature into a pretty nice guy the more time he spends away from his family. I am very glad he went away from school to see what life is like on the outside.

Poor Zach- I think he got a mix of the worst traits of Matt and Amy. He also plays the woe is me card and he doesn't come off as that nice. It will be interesting to see what kind of husband he is.

Molly and Jacob just always kind of seemed like little lost puppies until the last year or two.

I find it fascinating that the Roloff's sent their kids to a private Christian school but never seemed to do much to form their characters. I have never seen them tell the older boys to be nice to their younger siblings or to respect the other parent. Will be interesting to see if the show naturally fizzles out or if we see a Gosselin style implosion.

Can you imagine having this group as in laws?

congrats to Jeremy - his wife seemed like a lovely girl in the last couple episodes.

To above poster-- I actually thought the house looked a LOT LOT LOT better in last 2 eps since boys (and Matt) moved out. I can see how a home could get stinky and cluttered with 3 teen boys at home and empathize with her trouble keeping things up!

I think Jacob seems like he is going through a total teen shit attitude phase and Molly is becoming a beautiful young woman - who seems quite uncomfortable with filming. I think both Amy and Matt have fostered a peer-type of relationship with their children rather than a parent-child which is why we see them being somewhat disrespectful. It's clear that they love each other- I definitely felt that the older boys have a connection to the farm and want to see it successful for at least another generation.

I am not surprised, either. Neither Amy nor Matt treated Jacob like they treated the rest of their kids. Molly was usually given permission to do what she wanted because she was the family goody-goody. The twins were usually allowed to get away with things they should not have gotten away with for no particular reason that I could see. And then poor Jacob was usually punished for doing things the twins got away with, when he was only following his older brothers' examples. I also noticed that Amy would never make his siblings treat him equally (or make them include him in their activities). I am more surprised that he hasn't been involved in any criminal activity and gotten arrested. All of this reeks of Jacob trying to get his parents to actually pay attention to him for once. Who can blame him?

Any time I feel slightly inclined to think that at least Amy isn't half bad (cannot stand Matt, he's insufferable), I consider the craptastic way she has always treated Jacob. And then I realize both of the parents are insufferable. Amy said on the show that the reason they decided to get pregnant one more time (after Molly) was in the hope that they would have another little person, to be a companion for Zach. And when Jacob was born "normal," I think they were disappointed! what the fuckety fuck?

From that point on, he was shuffled to the side and treated as a second class citizen by both parents. So I cannot stand either Amy or Matt. The fact that none of Jacob's siblings even seem to realize that they've treated him like crap makes it hard for me to say anything nice about those three.

I feel sorry for their neighbors, having to deal with the noise, the pollution, the traffic. But hey, it's the Roloffs, so screw then neighbors.

• 8 months later...

Wait, weren't they already divorced or divorcing? I'm so confused...

I guess they had separated a year ago, where Matt moved into a different part of the house, but are now making it official.

I'm so NOT shocked. From all of the episodes I have watched, Amy seemed to be totally over it all. When I first started watching it, I kind of thought Amy was a hard-ass. The more i watched it, the more I understood WHY she was such a hard-ass.

This is not surprising since I thought they were already divorced. They seemed miserable together.

I was only surprised they weren't divorced yet.

I watched the show on and off and read some boards to read the "who is worst, Matt or Amy." It's like choosing between hemlock and cyanide. I tended to think Matt was worse. He came off as completely self absorbed, always chasing some new project and completely disconnected from the household and anyone in the family who was not named Jeremy. However it was hard to feel sorry for Amy, as she was so passive-aggressive.

At the end of the day I felt bad for Molly and Jacob. They seemed to be stuck in a mess on their parents making, particularly Jacob who just seemed to be ignored.

The Fail Twins, god, I don't think I have seen two lazier sacks of shit in my entire life.

I know a lot of people who live near the Roloffs, and lived really close for years myself before the show came to be (my family went to a different farm for our pumpkins though), and they said going to the farm for anything sucked because you could tell they didn't like each other, and that made things tense. It got to be mostly tourists and fans of the show who would go. That's not going to sustain a farm for the long-term. But it was just so palpable how much they didn't like each other. A friend of mine in that area, who is a little person but with a different condition, met them a couple times, and has said more than a few times he wishes their show would go off because he felt they made little people look like idiots. I haven't heard anything in a while about them though, but this news doesn't surprise me.

I hope the kids go with Amy though. As much as she's a passive-aggressive bitch, the non-golden-son is treated much worse by Matt. You'd think that asshole would want to make sure his little person son would feel special instead of like he's second class.

I'm sad, but so not surprised. They always seemed harsh with each other. My husband and I can be straightforward with each other, but rarely harsh, and they seemed like that was a common thing with them. Especially with their television show. We all know that shows are normally edited to make a family seem more normal or pleasant. How bad were they in reality to come across as that harsh after editing?

I like them both, but I don't think they were suited for marriage to each other.

*edited for punctuation

I thought they were already divorced, too. They did seem miserable. I'm sure Amy had spent YEARS trying to herd Matt into some semblance of organization.... he was flaky, for sure.

I'm not surprised. I live near their farm and I agree with the fact that it's obvious they don't like each other and haven't for years. I suspect that they were waiting for Jacob to graduate high school before calling it quits. I think Amy is just so over it all and tired of herding matt--it really is like herding a cat. I saw a couple episodes including last years starlight parade with the float. I'm was only watching the show and I got stressed out just watching it! Can't imagine living it!

I used to watch back in the day, and it was stressful watching their family struggle so much with organization and cleanliness. Amy and Matt and the twins were all annoying in their own ways. Molly and Jacob were just...there. Living in the mess.

I think everyone saw this coming. I do wonder if Matt and Amy were never a good match or if something changed over time that made them dislike each other so much.

I feel awful for Molly and Jacob- they were definitely the forgotten children. I also think that being on TV probably didn't help the family (except for the $$).

I'm also one who assumed they were already divorced, since it was obvious for a long time that they were miserable around each other.

Used to watch it. Then, just.....meh. If the kids have been stuck in the middle of all this, they may be quite relieved, who knows?

I just really want their property. Except here, where I live. :lol I just wouldn't do the whole pumpkin thing. Running it as a wedding site/photography site could be fun/interesting. The entire site/area seems beautiful.

I literally only ever watched their show because I loved their land and liked watching what they did with it (Weird playsets and stuff aside). It was a beautiful farm, beautiful house (that they trashed OMG) and DH and I would absolutely love living there. DH would have STUFF to do for decades and I would have a lovely house to clean obsessively (seriously I feel like I'm turning into Monica Geller more and more as I get older) and all that land to garden and make beautiful.

The people were just like, annoyingly in the way of the land during the show. :lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived