IGNORED

Chad and Erin's engagement story, part deux, is up

missbrooklyn

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and still no picture of the bling! Come on, show us the ring already!

Yeah there is, just over half way through the entry. Its a really nice ring with what looks like 3 diamonds. Erin won't be scrubbing floors by hand with that thing on ;)

These are awesome photos! She looks so happy & relaxed around him. Hopefully it all works out for these two!

You're right! I found it! Do you think they discussed what kind of ring she'd like beforehand, or did he just exercise his headship rights and pick one?

You're right! I found it! Do you think they discussed what kind of ring she'd like beforehand, or did he just exercise his headship rights and pick one?

Hopefully he asked her, or knows her well enough that he could pick out something that she would like.

Personally I think its a really nice ring, very classic.

There are pictures on the blog of them looking at rings together on Erin's birthday date.

The canoe picture made me smile: Erin's face is happy and somehow relaxed, yet her hands are firmly gripping the sides of the small boat!

I do agree with everybody else's comments: they do look genuinely happy and I wish them the best.

I think this is one time courtship has actually worked out right-they dont have the awkwardness about them that normal fundies who are courting have. I bet the first kiss on the wedding wont be completely awkward either, I bet they cant wait. You can tell they love eachother very much, and are happy together.

Awww, they are so in love! Chad looks like he absolutely worships Erin and I think he will treat her well. I wish them the best :)

Why is it all soooooo staged? It's like watching a fundie rendition of the musical montage bit of 'Love Story.'

Sorry I don't find it romantic at all. I find it forced and contrived. Imagine when they are sitting in hopefully 30 years time and say remember when we got engaged? Not exactly a private, romantic, intimate, lovely moment, with all the cameras and accountability family members watching like feckin' sex pervs.

Oh well I'm a cynic :lol:

MR OK asked me to marry him having dinner on a beach in The Maldives. The waiter took a picture, the rest of my memory is all mine not some snap show to show to the masses. 18 years later still not got round to the wedding bit :lol:

MR OK asked me to marry him having dinner on a beach in The Maldives. The waiter took a picture, the rest of my memory is all mine not some snap show to show to the masses. 18 years later still not got round to the wedding bit :lol:

Oh honey, you might as well just get married already. By this point, you should realize TLC isn't going to come film it and pay for your t-shirt wedding gown and chicken salad sandwiches. I'm sure the local church ladies will help you put together the wedding of your dreams, as long as there is no dancing or booze. You've saved your first kiss for the wedding, right?

I do agree the engagement itself is staged & that does take away some of the romance but you can definitely see the love between Erin & Chad in the photos where they are looking at each other. I've seen other non-fundie couples have these picture perfect engagements so I can't criticize Erin & Chad for that one. It's not my cup of tea (my own engagement story probably wouldn't seem romantic to a lot of people) but I do think behind the fluff they are a happy couple.

Oh honey, you might as well just get married already. By this point, you should realize TLC isn't going to come film it and pay for your t-shirt wedding gown and chicken salad sandwiches. I'm sure the local church ladies will help you put together the wedding of your dreams, as long as there is no dancing or booze. You've saved your first kiss for the wedding, right?

Errr........ of course. Went straight to shagging. None of that defrauding kissing stuff.

Glad I'm not the only one not falling for the slushy crap :lol:

They look so in love!! It's so sweet. Best of luck to them...I bet after that hug they can't wait to start kissing :D :D

This is being filmed for TLC isn't it and what is with your intimate moments on camera all the time. A few fine but not what is there and i have to agree with Ok it looks so stage and is he crying or going to. Oh for the surprised look naw to me it looks fake as if she knew all along.

I'm a cynic too.

While looking through the pictures, I kept thinking KISS ALREADY!!!! JUST FREAKIN' KISS ALREADY!!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!! :mrgreen:

It's all over their faces and so obvious that they are happy. I think fundie men are just raised to think that a proposal like that is what every girl fantasizes about. Hell, all I got was "do you wanna set a date?" My actual proposal was the two of us waiting in our driveway for the UPS truck to deliver my ring that had been lost in transit during Hurricane Katrina. He was so relieved that the box actually showed up that he just ripped open the packaging, inspected it, then handed it to me without saying anything.

Some comments are disgusting. We have staged photos too taken at romantic spots: it's called cherished memories. Thank fuck only our friends see them and we get no hateful shit for daring to be romantic.

Some comments are disgusting. We have staged photos too taken at romantic spots: it's called cherished memories. Thank fuck only our friends see them and we get no hateful shit for daring to be romantic.

walnut, I don't think anyone's being hateful here, they're just expressing their personal tastes and opinions. Sometimes people on this board say things that are so truly hateful or just downright idiotic or ignorant that it blows my mind... but that's basically a given. This is a snark board devoted to criticizing fundamentalists, with hundreds of active members. People are going to say things that you find rude. This is never going to be a 'nice' place. If I get fed up, I stop reading.

I am really worried for Erin. What happens in 5 years and 3 kids and she realizes those butterflies are gone and she's stuck with a husband she hates? In the real world it happens, people get divorced but that isn't an option for her. I hope she can make the love and butterflies last even through endless pregnancies, since that is her future for the next 20-25 years!

I don't see anything wrong with how romantic Chad went to make that day special. One of my old elementary school friend's fiancee went all out when he proposed to her. He took her on a scavenger hunt all over Miami, with her family, which ended at a really nice hotel in South Beach. The hunt led to a suite where he laid out 3 dresses for her to choose from and a note that told her to head to the beach. When she got to the beach, blinded folded by her sisters, she was led up to a huge box, which she opened immediately and found him in it. He closed her eyes and walked her up to to a sand castle (which he hired professionals to build) that said "**** Will you marry me?" and got down on one knee. After she said "yes", it was followed by a 3-minute fireworks presentation. Mind you, all of this was professionally recorded and photographed. Some might find this "over the top" but it worked for them because they're both super romantic with each other, so it fit the occasion. It doesn't make them immature for doing something super romantic. One of my good friends proposed to his now wife last year by taking her to the spot where they first said "I love you" and made it very intimate and special that way. Every couple has their own way of celebrating the "big day" but it doesn't mean one is less special than the other.

I will say that having it filmed for 19KC was pretty stupid but it does not surprise me that it ended up on film. Remember they showed the video of Zach asking Sarah to court, so it does not surprise me. However, I will say that I do see the love Chad and Erin have for each other. It's refreshing to see a fundie couple just be a couple and not look awkward in their courtship and engagement pictures (Chris Maxhell, Muellers, Wallers, etc). The picture of Chad with his arms around Erin's waist is beautiful and so sweet-something that would have been a big "no no" for the Duggars. Anyone remember the awkward engagement shots of Anna and Smuggar? Blah.

By the way, it's not surprising that they're having a short engagement. It's pretty typical in fundies to have a quick engagement.

Josh and Anna-Engaged: June, Married: September

Adam and Valerie (Mueller): Engaged: November, Married: March

Pris and Pecan Thief: Engaged: November, Married: February

Plus if they're getting plenty of help, it's pretty easy to plan a wedding in a short amount of time. My dad thinks 6 months is good for an engagement but my mom and I feel that we need at least 1 year to plan.

I think they look so cute together. Honestly, they have people following them around all the time (especially with cameras), so they probably barely even noticed during their special moments. If Erin doesn't look genuinely surprised, it's probably because they had been talking about it and was hoping it was coming soon. I'm sure she loved all the planning he put into it though.

Personally I think it was romantic, even with the by-standers. I hope they have a happy life with less than 10 blessing for Erin to take care of so she can enjoy her life.

All I'm going to say is that is one attractive couple, and you can tell they're ready to jump each other's bones - no wonder it's such a short engagement! And these are the first times we're seeing them hold hands and do frontal hugs, right? Let the raunchy, blessed hand sex begin!

All I'm going to say is that is one attractive couple, and you can tell they're ready to jump each other's bones - no wonder it's such a short engagement! And these are the first times we're seeing them hold hands and do frontal hugs, right? Let the raunchy, blessed hand sex begin!

Agree!

Archived