IGNORED

Chad and Erin's engagement story, part deux, is up

missbrooklyn

I loved looking at Erin's face when Chad was on one knee. Her surprise is so real and sweet, you can tell that their love for eachother is so genuine. I never really got that from Anna and Joshua.

I think Erin and Chad are going to go fundie lite. They'll stop after about 6 or 7 kids, make sure their kids get a good education, etc.

Is it Chad or Alyssa's beau the one that is going into politics?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_5683.jpg

This photo is my favorite..she looks so in love.

I do think that they will be fundy lite. I think that they will have something that looks more like an "equal partnership" than any of their fundy counterparts.

Some comments are disgusting. We have staged photos too taken at romantic spots: it's called cherished memories. Thank fuck only our friends see them and we get no hateful shit for daring to be romantic.

Wind it in pet.

For some a cherished memory requires no photos. You do, no biggie. I'm not talking about you. I am talking about two perfect strangers who follow a religious belief I do not agree with, who by 'staging' all this crap are basically trying to say 'lookie lookie' this is the way the good Christians do it and look how terrible all those who do it differently are.

I am pretty sure Chad and Erin and their ilk won't be fawning over a same-sex romantic engagement shoot the way some are fawning over theirs any time soon. Until they and their kind do I feel perfectly fine with my disgusting comments. Thanks :)

I don't have any problem with big public romantic displays for an engagement. If that's what makes something extra special for the couple then that's great for them. I am more private and would feel really awkward if placed in that situation. But it does make for a good story.

When my someday kids ask me how Mr. FreedomJesusFootball proposed, I may have to make something up... the real story is that we were both naked in bed and it was about 2 weeks after our first date (faster than the fundies, and much more fun!) We also didn't take any pictures of the occasion to save for posterity....

Basically, I think that whatever makes one couple the happiest is their right way to do it. There is no one size fits all for relationships.

That being said, the circumstances of EB/CP proposal would have broken me out in hives.

I don't think anyone here is being mean or intolerant. Many of us just refuse to worship the Bates. They haven't done anything differently than the Duggars, except marrying off a daughter.

I would love to be hopeful about Chad and Erin's marriage, but I don't have any reasons to be.

They're not the first fundie couple to seem in love. I don't know how many kids they'll have, but the idea that because they won't have 19 means they'll be fundie lite is ridiculous. Most fundies have between 6-12 kids and everyone's fertility is different. Their families are deeply involved in ATI so I doubt they'll stray. As I pointed out yesterday, fundies who married mainstream Christians have an easier time breaking away.

Lastly, the term fundie lite is problematic. It is fundamentalism that appears normal to the public. That is much more dangerous than hardcore fundamentalism. Someone here once described Rick Santorum as fundie lite

While looking through the pictures, I kept thinking KISS ALREADY!!!! JUST FREAKIN' KISS ALREADY!!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!! :mrgreen: "

Can you imagine the collective gasp from the who knows how many people that were there watching their romantic moment. That would be hilarious. I know they love their parents but just think if they had shared a big kiss, jumped in the car and took off to elope!

I wonder who gave Chad his 'hide the hard on' lessons? He's workin' the hand hiding, especially in the blue jeans shots.

Maybe Dr. Paine adapted Jim Bob's Lego talk for dates with a purpose and engagements?

It honestly would not surprise me in the least if they paid a sibling off to go away or managed to sneak away long enough to kiss.

I don't have any problem with big public romantic displays for an engagement. If that's what makes something extra special for the couple then that's great for them. I am more private and would feel really awkward if placed in that situation. But it does make for a good story.

When my someday kids ask me how Mr. FreedomJesusFootball proposed, I may have to make something up... the real story is that we were both naked in bed and it was about 2 weeks after our first date (faster than the fundies, and much more fun!) We also didn't take any pictures of the occasion to save for posterity....

Basically, I think that whatever makes one couple the happiest is their right way to do it. There is no one size fits all for relationships.

That being said, the circumstances of EB/CP proposal would have broken me out in hives.

Haha I love that :-)!!! and ITA about there is not one size that fits all :)

I wonder who gave Chad his 'hide the hard on' lessons? He's workin' the hand hiding, especially in the blue jeans shots.

That made my inner child laugh SO loud. I almost choked on my coffee! Lol

:D

*goes back to lurking*

Mr. Long Island woke me up out of astound sleep at 5 am and said, let's get married! I said, not on Tuesday, that's my bowling night, and I went back to sleep. We just celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary. The point being, no matter how you propose, you still end up married. Mazes tov to them on their shidduch!

That made my inner child laugh SO loud. I almost choked on my coffee! Lol

:D

*goes back to lurking*

:dance:

I guess I was right about Chad not being able to touch it...til he put a ring on it! :dance:

Didn't read any of the engagement story. Thought the pictures said enough. SO GLAD to see them touching. Still can't believe Chad is pushing 30 and has never kissed a lady.

I guess I was right about Chad not being able to touch it...til he put a ring on it! :dance:

LOL

And TangyBee got me wondering a serious question: does anyone know when, in the courtship, engagement, marriage 'process,' fundies who wear purity rings remove them? My recall is that Chad and Erin wear, or wore, purity rings. And who removes them?

I know I'm setting us up for some snarky funny comebacks but the question is a real one, a serious one, for me.

Some comments are disgusting. We have staged photos too taken at romantic spots: it's called cherished memories. Thank fuck only our friends see them and we get no hateful shit for daring to be romantic.

post-4530-14451998177693_thumb.jpg

I really liked the pictures. But aren't they getting married a little too fast? Or is that typical for Fundies.

Once you hug someone it is a near certainty that you will turn into a sex monster so it's best to marry quick.

I will say that they look truly and genuinely happy together. Take a note, fundies.

Mr. Long Island woke me up out of astound sleep at 5 am and said, let's get married! I said, not on Tuesday, that's my bowling night, and I went back to sleep. We just celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary. The point being, no matter how you propose, you still end up married. Mazes tov to them on their shidduch!

Mr. Fox and I had been living in sin for about three months. One morning he came out of the bathroom and said to me, "We should get married!" I agreed and we went and told his mom. We just had our 23rd anniversary, so I guess his lack of a "real" proposal didn't matter. I can see that more romantic people would like more of a special proposal, but we're both extremely practical and non-romantic so it wasn't important to us.

Once you hug someone it is a near certainty that you will turn into a sex monster so it's best to marry quick.

I will say that they look truly and genuinely happy together. Take a note, fundies.

I didn't turn into a sex monster until our 4th date. :dance:

Mr. Hisey and I were driving along the highway one day, and he said, "Why don't we get married?" We are about to celebrate our 22th anniversary.

I felt a bit wistful about all of Chad's preparations, so it's nice to hear that there are other practical, no-nonsense, no fuss no muss engagements stories out there.

BTW, I know a couple with a wonderfully romantic engagement story who are now very unhappily married. I'm not wishing this on Erin and Chad, and I"m not saying there's a cause and effect, I'm just saying romance at the beginning is no guarantee of anything.

And I"m not sure how romantic it all was, anyway, with a film crew and mom and dad spying on a very personal moment.

Ugh, I really should have learned my lesson about coming to these threads. Everyone is fawning over twue wuv and how cute they are. Why do we all suddenly forget about the horrific child abuse as soon as shiny rings and romance are involved? First of all, I can just barely consider either of them consenting when they've grown up in this lifestyle, and though they're adults and they may even genuinely feel happy right now, I don't believe either of them have any idea of what they are getting into. But even worse than that, they will almost certainly have children and they will almost certainly both abuse and neglect those children. I guess I just sound cranky but I don't understand how anyone can be thrilled about this simply because there's a shiny ring and some smiles.

"She had asked him to tell her the day so she could rearrange her schedule, but she had no idea what all that this special day would include!"

How does that conversation go? " I'm thinking of proposing to you on Friday. Does that work for you?" After dealing with that, I would want some fake romance, too.

Ugh, I really should have learned my lesson about coming to these threads. Everyone is fawning over twue wuv and how cute they are. Why do we all suddenly forget about the horrific child abuse as soon as shiny rings and romance are involved? First of all, I can just barely consider either of them consenting when they've grown up in this lifestyle, and though they're adults and they may even genuinely feel happy right now, I don't believe either of them have any idea of what they are getting into. But even worse than that, they will almost certainly have children and they will almost certainly both abuse and neglect those children. I guess I just sound cranky but I don't understand how anyone can be thrilled about this simply because there's a shiny ring and some smiles.

Yeah...I'm on the same page as you. Erin hates on people with GREEN HAIR, for fuck's sake. These are fundies. Any union of two fundies will usually end in excessive procreation and indoctrination, which is never a good thing for this planet.

Back when - Mr. apple asked, "What do you think about getting married?" (not the most romantic proposal ever...)

We have been married for 36 years.

My husband and i had our engagement pics at that Calhouns!!

ETA: I live like 20 minutes from that Whitestone Inn. He's definitely not a cheapskate if he's taking her to dinner there!

"She had asked him to tell her the day so she could rearrange her schedule, but she had no idea what all that this special day would include!"

How does that conversation go? " I'm thinking of proposing to you on Friday. Does that work for you?" After dealing with that, I would want some fake romance, too.

Wow, a fortune teller! Do you have this week's lottery numbers? When will there be piece in the middle east?

Tell me more about the horrific child abuse that former fundie children practice. Until you see a shred of evidence of child abuse, will you kindly stop spitting hatred. I bet your own life must be really collected and together, so it's just your spare time that you spend hating other people and accusing them of things they haven't done yet. :nenner: :cray-cray:

*** ETA I messed up, my comment was directed at bananacat's predictions. Still, any predictions for the middle east crisis? Use your gift for more useful things. Hehehe...

Archived