IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - All Things Duggar Family - Part 5

happy atheist

I am pro-choice but could be persuaded regarding the 20 week limit. I'm on the fence about that one, though I would prefer the government not be involved in private medical decisions. What scares me is the absolutism of the pro-lifers. If they want a 20 week limit, leave it at that but they are disingenuous because they are attacking the facilities which perform legal abortions. That means they are in favor of a total ban on abortion. One only has to look to what is going on in Chile right now. An 11 year-old child was repeated raped by her mother's boyfriend and is pregnant. She is being denied an abortion. Moreover, if a woman seeks an abortion in Chile, she can go to prison for 5-10 years. This is the vision that I fear is coming to the US....total absolutism and it is wrong.

They won't leave it at that. As you imply, they are working to make it nearly impossible for women who need abortions to obtain them.

Further, a large number of lethal fetal anomalies aren't discovered until around 20 weeks. My sister didn't find out that her very-much-wanted fetus didn't have kidneys until just after 20 weeks. Fortunately she lived in a state where abortion is readily available. A woman in Texas finding about a fatal abnormality even at 17 or 18 weeks might not even be able to line up an abortion provider in time, and the authors of this bill are well aware of this. And they are diligently working to make it even more difficult. Carrying a child to full term knowing it has no chance to live is incredibly painful, both mentally and physically and no woman should be forced into such a situation when there is an alternative.

Those of us who are pro-choice cannot give into their tactics and accepting a ban at 20 weeks would be giving in.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gun fanatics often use the slippery slope argument against any kind of restrictions (a relatively small first step leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant effect, much like an object given a small push over the edge of a slope sliding all the way to the bottom.) It's more likely to be true in the instance of abortion IMO.

Ok, so I'm really tempted to join this Texas Pro-Life Facebook group and innocently (?) ask how soon they plan to repeal the death penalty.

Do it!!

Sorry if it has already been stated but does Jchelle look a little thick in the giant uterus area here? I don't know, maybe I'm gun shy or maybe she's on meds but she looks "bigger" to me.

Ps my autocorrect tried to change uterus to UNDERUSED....wow! That's one word that is mutually exclusive with her uterus! :penguin-no:

I think part of it is her posture.

Probably just weight fluctuations. I seriously doubt she will ever be pregnant again.

I know a good number of women who suddenly put weight on around their abdomen when they hit perimenopause.

She's definitely heavier than she has been in the last year, but it looks more like general body fat than pregnancy weight. She tends to gain in the stomach and face when pregnant, while hear she looks all over bigger. Reminds me of how my mom's, her sisters' and her mother's bodies changed and gained and carried weight when they went through menopause. Michelle is two months shy of 47, and menopause begins in the late 40s, early 50s. I'm guessing she's hit menopause.

That said, if it is a pregnancy, then I doubt they will say anything about it until at least the 20 week mark (when the anatomy scan usually is), or maybe not til the 3rd trimester.

If there's another pgcy (which is a very big' if' indeed), I'll bet a good sum she wont even get close to the third trimester.

Indeed. Especially if she keeps traveling. I'd think she wouldn't leave Arkansas (or even Tontitown) if she was pregnant. Too risky to do too much.

But really, she's unlikely at this point to be pregnant.

On a side, note, Happy Birthday to James - he's 12 today.

She's definitely heavier than she has been in the last year, but it looks more like general body fat than pregnancy weight. She tends to gain in the stomach and face when pregnant, while hear she looks all over bigger. Reminds me of how my mom's, her sisters' and her mother's bodies changed and gained and carried weight when they went through menopause. Michelle is two months shy of 47, and menopause begins in the late 40s, early 50s. I'm guessing she's hit menopause.

Menopause itself lasts only one day. It's the day it's been exactly 12 months since a woman's last normal period. The time before that is perimenopause. After that day, a woman is considered to be post-menopausal. Perimenopause can last for years. At Michelle's age, it's likely she's deep into it and it's highly unlikely now she can conceive with her own eggs. Not impossible; just very unlikely.

Assuming that is weight gain and not just a bad photo, it's probably related to her pre-menopausal state when it can be very hard to lose weight once it's gained.

If Michelle somehow does get pregnant again, I have no doubt that they will announce it to the world as soon as they can get on the Today Show.

Menopause itself lasts only one day. It's the day it's been exactly 12 months since a woman's last normal period. The time before that is perimenopause. After that day, a woman is considered to be post-menopausal. Perimenopause can last for years. At Michelle's age, it's likely she's deep into it and it's highly unlikely now she can conceive with her own eggs. Not impossible; just very unlikely.

Assuming that is weight gain and not just a bad photo, it's probably related to her pre-menopausal state when it can be very hard to lose weight once it's gained.

I think it is partially a bad photo with bad posture. She did not look that plump a month or two ago when they were with the Jeubs at some sort of conference.

She is definitely hunched over, but I think she does look rounder. Pregnancy round, maybe not. Though, I wouldn't put it past her to maybe stop Weight Watchers in the hopes of another J'baby.

Mm... I'd give her a pass. It's a cake. And it doesn't look like there was enough room for the "th"...

OT: ice cream and gummy bears is gross. I don't get the appeal.

OT: ice cream and gummy bears is gross. I don't get the appeal.

you never been a 12 year old boy I take it. whip/ice cream and candy is the height of haute cuisine to most of them :lol:

that was nice of joy though and she prolly had fun with it.

Easy enough to make a mistake like that but most of us would go back and fix it.

Easy enough to make a mistake like that but most of us would go back and fix it.

Or not post a picture of it. I think she does not have enough room to put the H in, plus what a pain with all those stupid gummies. Hope you have a special day, James, filled with whatever fun you're permitted to enjoy.

Those fireworks/pompoms glued to Anna's shirt make it hard for my brain to decide whether I should be looking at her countenance or her boobs. On the positive side, her skirt looks short enough that it might flash some knee when she sits. Good for her.

I wonder if they realized that 'Birthday' is misspelled.

Oooh.... I didn't even notice. I take back what I said before. :embarrassed:

Archived