IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - All Things Duggar Family - Part 5

happy atheist

Does anyone know if/when the next season starts? I'm really curious how much of the show they are going to devote to J & A and even more curious how they are going to portray Smuggars job. I have a feeling they'll try and find a way to make it all candy and flowers... Glossing over what it really is and just showing the happy happy fun fun bits.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight at 9 is a special (ever-classy TLC, it's the "Man With the 132 lb. Scrotum" I kid you not), and Tuesday nights still have a few weeks of "Who Do You Think You Are" left to air: Chris O'Donnell this week, then they still have to air Jim Parsons and Trisha Yearwood.

Based on this, the earliest they'd be back would be in 2 weeks on Mondays, or 3 weeks on Tuesdays. Next Monday appears to be a Honey Boo Boo marathon. My guide doesn't go out two weeks, so I can't say what will air on Labor Day (9/2 for the non-Americans).

Can't wait to see them at the meat plant, with the midwives-in-training assisting at the birth of a pig. :roll:

This is the same network that shows Honey Boo Boo. Do you really think TLC is the arbiter of good taste and decorum? It's all about the noise baby.

Hell, as I write, TLC is showing a show called "The Man With the 132 lb. Scrotum". It's hard to beat that for bad taste.

I see that Marmalade posted the same thing.

Oh they're still going on and on about abortion?

What the hell do the Duggars have on TLC to STILL be on the air? There's no serious excuse especially since Josh works for a hate group.

Hell, as I write, TLC is showing a show called "The Man With the 132 lb. Scrotum". It's hard to beat that for bad taste.

I see that Marmalade posted the same thing.

Don't forget the specials like "The 900 pound man" and other super morbidly obese people ( a lot who ended up dying by the end of the special ).

Tonight at 9 is a special (ever-classy TLC, it's the "Man With the 132 lb. Scrotum" I kid you not), and Tuesday nights still have a few weeks of "Who Do You Think You Are" left to air: Chris O'Donnell this week, then they still have to air Jim Parsons and Trisha Yearwood.

Based on this, the earliest they'd be back would be in 2 weeks on Mondays, or 3 weeks on Tuesdays. Next Monday appears to be a Honey Boo Boo marathon. My guide doesn't go out two weeks, so I can't say what will air on Labor Day (9/2 for the non-Americans).

Can't wait to see them at the meat plant, with the midwives-in-training assisting at the birth of a pig. :roll:

Normally, I wouldn't quote myself, but I needed to amend this post because I forgot that there's also a bio of Cindy Crawford's family upcoming on Who Do You Think You Are, so the Duggars are at least 4 weeks out (maybe more if TLC has some more scintillating 800 lb. tumor specials to air in the meantime.

Re: the scrotum guy. Someone on TWOP said they had seen the special when it originally aired in England. The guy had his condition repaired, but was pissed to come out of it with an Angry Inch penis. Literally.

Oops! :o

Does anyone know if/when the next season starts? I'm really curious how much of the show they are going to devote to J & A and even more curious how they are going to portray Smuggars job. I have a feeling they'll try and find a way to make it all candy and flowers... Glossing over what it really is and just showing the happy happy fun fun bits.

I think I read somewhere that the show is coming back in mid September.

I wonder if TLC is going to film the Duggars when they perform in Iowa at the Bontrager's farm on Labor Day Weekend: bontragersingers.blogspot.com-- and of course Joshie will take another holiday from his new job to attend.

The oldest Bontrager girl, Chelsy, has recently posted several pics of herself in jeans on her blog: daughterwithavision.blogspot.com -- I hope the J'Slaves see the pics.

Will their television show ever get cancelled? Or will they continue on, perhaps as the Roloffs have, as a series of "specials"? I actually had to completely stop watching about a year ago since it got to the point that Jim Bob and Michelle were totally insufferable to watch. I couldn't bring myself to watch the VSE about the Jubilee miscarriage. Previously, I thought the worst episodes were when Jason fell off the stage and Michelle stood there FILMING it on her phone, and Grandpa being pushed around in an office chair when he was clearly dying. But the huge event they made out of the funeral for Jubilee (technically a miscarriage, right? not a stillbirth as it was not born alive), was totally tasteless and proved that the Duggars will literally do anything for money. Moral code, my ass. Please. I wouldn't put it

past Jim Bob to marry off one of his daughters to a man of a different religion if he thought the ratings for the show were in jeopardy and was about to get cancelled.

The difference between a miscarriage and a stillbirth is gestation. A miscarriage is before twenty weeks, a stillbirth is after. Both are born dead, though stillbirths generally involve a woman actually going into labor and delivering much like with a live baby. Assuming the first Jubilee link pulled up with Google is correct, Michelle miscarried at 18 weeks. I don't begrudge them grieving the baby, my own parents had a very small (read just them) memorial service and buried the baby that would have been my sister who was stillborn at about 30 weeks, but the televised funeral was completely without taste in my opinion as well. It totally should have been handled with a press release and a talking head on the show.

Boob and Michelle must be so proud to be on a network that features the likes of Honey Boo Boo's family and Giant Scrotal Sac man!

"The Learning Channel" :lol:

It should be renamed the freakshow channel. Its like a modern day circus freakshow-point and laugh at the weird people, like the Clown Car Uterus woman and the Man With The Giant Testicles.

The difference between a miscarriage and a stillbirth is gestation. A miscarriage is before twenty weeks, a stillbirth is after. Both are born dead, though stillbirths generally involve a woman actually going into labor and delivering much like with a live baby. Assuming the first Jubilee link pulled up with Google is correct, Michelle miscarried at 18 weeks. I don't begrudge them grieving the baby, my own parents had a very small (read just them) memorial service and buried the baby that would have been my sister who was stillborn at about 30 weeks, but the televised funeral was completely without taste in my opinion as well. It totally should have been handled with a press release and a talking head on the show.

I believe on the show they indicated the heartbeat was last heard about 16 weeks. The Duggars then kept pushing the date further along. We can only speculate as to why they felt compelled to do that, but the huge televised funeral, subsequent media attention, and constant references to the miscarriage on the show and on the speaking circuit nearly two years later leave little doubt in my mind that they enjoy exploiting both the miscarriage and Josie's unfortunate early delivery for political purposes. They seem completely oblivious to the fact that many people see this as them celebrating their own reckless behavior.

My first child was a stillbirth. He was a fine, healthy baby who was born a week after his due date and things went wrong during the delivery. He was the first grandchild on both sides and greatly anticipated so we had a very small memorial service just as a way to mark his passing.

I believe on the show they indicated the heartbeat was last heard about 16 weeks. The Duggars then kept pushing the date further along. We can only speculate as to why they felt compelled to do that, but the huge televised funeral, subsequent media attention, and constant references to the miscarriage on the show and on the speaking circuit nearly two years later leave little doubt in my mind that they enjoy exploiting both the miscarriage and Josie's unfortunate early delivery for political purposes. They seem completely oblivious to the fact that many people see this as them celebrating their own reckless behavior.

I don't think it's exploitive. I think it draws attention to the fact that a miscarriage is a loss. I had a second trimester miscarriage in my fourth month and many people seemed to be at a complete loss as to how to respond. I was grieving, I had felt the baby move, I was showing, I had begun to shop for baby clothes and pull out my older kids baby things to use. I was completely devastated when I lost the baby.

Many people would say things that were unwittingly dismissive or minimizing.....because they hadn't dealt with it before and would try to cheer me up by talking about how I could try again, etc.

I didn't have some big public memorial, but my life isn't public in any case. It was an unplanned pregnancy and I was young and able to have more children. If I was in my forties and knew it was my likely my last child, my grief would probably have been even more pronounced.

Miscarriage is still something people tip toe around, so awareness, IMHO, is a good thing.

I can't believe that they had a big funeral for Jubilee. They'll do anything to get their name in the spotlight. I remember seeing that episode, and hearing J'Chelle bawl over J'Caleb (The loss between Smugger and the twins). She had never mentioned that baby before. She was using the loss of Jubilee to get people to feel sorry for her. J'Chelle doesn't even mother or care for her children past the age of six months. I'll admit that this episode was the most real I've ever seen J'Chelle, but it shouldn't have been at the expense of her dead daughter. Some things shouldn't be shown on TV.

I'll grant Michelle and the family the right to grieve over the miscarriage. What I didn't like was Michelle kept aging the fetus to increase the drama and ended up calling it a stillbirth. They had a funeral that was bigger and splashier than grandpa's for a miscarriage that they then televised and made profit from in an episode. It just seems very wrong to me to do that.

The heartbeat was heard at 16 weeks. Then the baby died at 18 weeks. It doesn't make sense. J'Chelle should start telling the truth, because she's been caught in one too many lies. Hey, J'Chelle. Do you have 19 or 21 kids? Does that answer depend on if you remember to include J'Caleb in the line up that day?

I'll grant Michelle and the family the right to grieve over the miscarriage. What I didn't like was Michelle kept aging the fetus to increase the drama and ended up calling it a stillbirth. They had a funeral that was bigger and splashier than grandpa's for a miscarriage that they then televised and made profit from in an episode. It just seems very wrong to me to do that.

My grandmother died right before the miscarriage happened. When I found out that 200 people went to Jubilee's memorial, I was filled with RAGE that a funeral for an 18-week miscarriage had higher attendance than the funeral for my beloved 97-year-old Bubbe.

Archived