IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - All Things Duggar Family - Part 5

happy atheist

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh please. Joy is a kid. We have a thread posted by an adult here at FJ referring to a "place crash". Hate on homeschooling all you want, but hold everyone to the same standards.

Really, it's not SOTDRT at its finest, it's SSDD at FJ and there's nothing better to do, so we'll have a go a kid, for being less than perfect.

Maybe they abbreviated due to lack of candy?

Or it's just a family joke. Lighten up.

Joy is 15 years old. She should know how to spell birthday.

I shall point you to Cake Wrecks, wherein the misspellings and sometimes downright idiocy of actual professional bakers are documented.

cakewrecks.com

edited for ~grammar~

Then again J'Chelle doesn't know how to spell Jordyn's name. And the person who made Mackynzie's shower cake screwed that up. Maybe that's a sign to the Duggars that putting Y's in names, where it's an odd place, should not happen. Jordyn isn't bad, but Mackynzie? Come on! It's Mackenzie. It's probably a good thing that Anna will home school her kids, because teachers will mispronounce her name. And she'll probably have a hard time learning to spell it. Good job with that one, Smugger and Anna. You should give your kid a name that's easy to spell.

Then again J'Chelle doesn't know how to spell Jordyn's name. And the person who made Mackynzie's shower cake screwed that up. Maybe that's a sign to the Duggars that putting Y's in names, where it's an odd place, should not happen. Jordyn isn't bad, but Mackynzie? Come on! It's Mackenzie. It's probably a good thing that Anna will home school her kids, because teachers will mispronounce her name. And she'll probably have a hard time learning to spell it. Good job with that one, Smugger and Anna. You should give your kid a name that's easy to spell.

I also get annoyed with names that are spelled oddly "just because" , but insisting on an easy to spell name seems kind of excessive. What about all the Xochi's and Javier's ?

real talk? if the placement of gummy candy on a 12 year olds birthday cake is of that much interest and snark potential it says more about the posters than it does the duggars.

Easy enough to make a mistake like that but most of us would go back and fix it.

As someone as pointed out, it probably to a lot of work to put those gummie bears on the cake. Maybe they found it funny and decided to keep it that way and enjoy the birthday party.

Mistake or not, intentional joke or not, I find it ironic and hilarious that a Duggar cannot spell "birth".

A birthday cake seems a bit excessive to snark over, especially when it is a kid. How many common words are accidentally spelled? Sometimes you think you put it in there only to realize you forgot. At that point it's like "Oh well, I goofed. It's only cake, let's eat!

As someone as pointed out, it probably to a lot of work to put those gummie bears on the cake. Maybe they found it funny and decided to keep it that way and enjoy the birthday party.

Maybe I should have said I'd go back and change it. I can't see that sticking lollies to an ice cream cake would take very long but I guess I can see that others might not want to redo it. I am just a bit obsessive on that sort of thing.

I also get annoyed with names that are spelled oddly "just because" , but insisting on an easy to spell name seems kind of excessive. What about all the Xochi's and Javier's ?

Javier is a legitimate variant of Xavier. The name is of Basque origin and was spelled Xabier. It continues to be a family name, but is more common as a given name due to the popularity of St Francis Xavier, one of the founders of the Jesuit order. Xavier itself is a variant of Etcheverria/ Etxeberry which means "new house" in Basque.

Penny "Xavier" Sycamore

edited to delete an unneeded word

Javier is a legitimate variant of Xavier. The name is originally of Basque origin and was spelled Xabier. It continues to be a family name, but is more common as a given name due to the popularity of St Francis Xavier, one of the founders of the Jesuit order. Xavier itself is a variant of Etcheverria/ Etxeberry which means "new house" in Basque.

Penny "Xavier" Sycamore

Interesting background. I know it's a legitimate name, and fairly common. So is Xochi in some areas. My point is that there are a large number of names that people might not know how to pronounce or spell just by looking at them, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be used.

Javier is a legitimate variant of Xavier. The name is originally of Basque origin and was spelled Xabier. It continues to be a family name, but is more common as a given name due to the popularity of St Francis Xavier, one of the founders of the Jesuit order. Xavier itself is a variant of Etcheverria/ Etxeberry which means "new house" in Basque.

Penny "Xavier" Sycamore

Very interesting. I live in an area with lots of Basque settler history, and Etcheverria is indeed a common name. Never knew what it meant though -- very cool, thanks for the info!

Very interesting. I live in an area with lots of Basque settler history, and Etcheverria is indeed a common name. Never knew what it meant though -- very cool, thanks for the info!

I would guess that you are probably from out West as lots of Basque people settled there. (You don't have to say where you live, of course.) From what I understand, most people with that last name have roots in Navarra. I know my family has roots in the Baztan Valley of Navarra before they moved just east of Pamplona.

It's weird how Basque things keep popping up. My father's family always had a cruet of pickled hot peppers on the table and the Basques were the first Europeans to really adopt hot peppers from the New World. One of my granddogs is part Great Pyrenees and those dogs were brought to the Americas by Basque shepherds. My grandson was just christened by a Jesuit priest. We are not descended directly from St Francis Xavier, but from one of his brothers.

Yes, I'm in the west. I can say that I've lived in southern Idaho, as well as multiple places along the eastern length of California over the years, and all of that is "Basque country." I'm in one of those eastern CA places now. There is still lots of sheep ranching here (the local history has it in sharp competition to the cattle ranchers), although these days most of the remote tending is done by young men from Central and South America. And of course there are still plenty of Great Pyrenees here too :D

I love the pepper story!

We also have at least two variations on the name Erquiaga/Erkiaga here -- does that name have a meaning you're aware of?

radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/michelle-duggar-abortion-baby-holocaust-texas/

"

The conservative Christian star of the hit TLC reality show 19 Kids and Counting told a pro-life crowd in Austin that she is against abortion and likened it to Hitler’s attempted eradication of the Jewish people during World War II

Jim Bob Duggar’s wife spoke while her oldest son Josh held her youngest daughter Josie in his arms.

She called abortion “baby holocaust†according to Jason Whitley, the Senior Reporter at WFAA-TV Channel 8 in Dallas/Fort Worth.

Michelle, a mother of 19 who is an outspoken advocate in the pro-life movement said that elected officials who are pro-choice need to be replaced.

“If those who are voted in do not support life, then they need to be replaces by those who do,†she said, the San Antonio Express reported.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

I can't even think coherently when people make that comparison. I stopped watching the show, even for snark, when they posted the 180 video on their site. For fucks sake, why can't they be called out on their bullshit?!?

I wonder if they realized that 'Birthday' is misspelled.

I didn't mean to come down on Joy for the mispelling, I just wondered if they'd noticed the mistake. It doesn't matter in the end, let's eat cake.

Reminds me of my wedding cake. With a very small wedding planned, I ordered a quarter sheetcake and gave written instructions on the decorations. Instead of a lavender heart in the center with with the names of me and my husband in the heart, and lavender piping on the edges, I got a totally white cake. I wasn't thrilled, but I was getting married in a few hours so I pointed out the mistakes (I wanted them to pay better attention to decorating instructions in the future), declined to wait while the bakery tried to fix the mistakes, and took my cake. I admit I kind of hoped they'd offer a partial refund, but they didn't, and I had a wedding and a honeymoon to get to. However, when I sent the pictures out to relatives later, I mentioned that the stark white cake was supposed to look different.

That's why I wondered if the mistake on the Duggar cake was noticed, because I'd expect a caption to say something like: "We were short on time and made a mistake, but didn't want to delay the party. We had a good laugh and enjoyed ourselves. The cake was pretty darned tasty, too!"

radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/michelle-duggar-abortion-baby-holocaust-texas/

"

The conservative Christian star of the hit TLC reality show 19 Kids and Counting told a pro-life crowd in Austin that she is against abortion and likened it to Hitler’s attempted eradication of the Jewish people during World War II

Jim Bob Duggar’s wife spoke while her oldest son Josh held her youngest daughter Josie in his arms.

She called abortion “baby holocaust†according to Jason Whitley, the Senior Reporter at WFAA-TV Channel 8 in Dallas/Fort Worth.

Michelle, a mother of 19 who is an outspoken advocate in the pro-life movement said that elected officials who are pro-choice need to be replaced.

“If those who are voted in do not support life, then they need to be replaces by those who do,†she said, the San Antonio Express reported.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Josie is more than just propaganda Michelle. She is a child, and you ignore her when you arent using her to show your pro life views.

Being a parent is more than just birthing them and then ignoring them until you need them for propaganda for ATI, or pro life, or pretending to be mother of the year.

Most abortions done are nothing like Josie was when she was born. You dont just wake up one morning when youre 6 months pregnant and decide "No, I dont want a baby, lets abort". Most abortions happen within the first few weeks when its an inch long vaguely human shaped thing or smaller, and more like killing a flower or squashing a bug than killing a human. If someone makes it to 25 weeks before having an abortion, it usually means that the fetus was very wanted, but theres something wrong with it that makes it incompatible with life, and its far nicer to abort while it barely knows what is going on than to carry it to term and let it die horribly within a few hours.

But then again, we all know that Michelle doesnt have a problem with forcing a baby on someone who does not want to be a mother. Its not like her daughters had a choice, but they were raising babies since they were babies themselves. I suppose if her nine year old can raise a child, she thinks some poor little girl who was raped by her uncle can do the same.

I am pro choice, but I support life more than Michelle does.

I value the life of the pregnant woman, more than the little blob inside her that isnt developed enough to be aware-she has a family, friends, maybe even other children of her own, but that little blob doesnt. If she dies, it dies too, and I would rather the fetus die than both of them.

I value the life of all babies born, even the ones born to poor people on welfare.

I support a womans right to use birth control, so every baby born is wanted and will be loved.

I am against beating children or using them as slaves.

Not to mention how I know her children more than she and Jimbob do, and probably care about their welfare more than they do.

Archived