IGNORED

John Shrader unable to walk

Miggy

You know if this were in the UK those kids would have been taken into care. Only in America...

Or Australia (the Sparkling Adventures, frex). Pioneer spirit, frontier, etc.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think one reason the Shraders haven't sought out assistance from the Duggars is because there was some drama when Josh and Anna got married. From what I recall, TLC made Anna's father and/or some of other relatives from Anna's side, sign some kind of agreement and I remember her brother-in-law Josh McDonald was pissed about it and posted something on DWOP. Maybe the Shraders knew about this and also have issues with the Duggars.

That was one of Anna's BIL's, and although he was raised ATI, he and his wife rubbed some brain cells together and decided to go consertive Christian. They also practice evil birth control and he works for a nice company in Texas with benefits and everything!

Anyway, he is not a fan of Shawn's, because he didn't want to give permission to be on TV. Shawn threw a fit and told this man that if he didn't sign, he'd be pulled from the wedding. Not wanting to cause more problems to an already tiring and stressful day, he complied. He was also forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement that lasted until the wedding special had been aired.

Through all that, he found that TLC was giving out orders, and the Duggar's were following them to the letter. Remember how Jim Boob gets all sanctimonous and drones on about a real man doesn't work for another man, and if he must work for someone else, it should be for someone "like-minded?" Well, it sounds to me like JB and his entire family are working for TLC. Either the Duggars are lying, or they and TLC are "like-minded."

duggarswithoutpity.blogspot.com/2009/01/insights-from-insider.html

Edited to add a link to the article. I hope I broke the link correctly.

In my neck of the woods, putting up.a fb post that you have that stuff would practically gurantee a robbery. Drug addicts here follow people fron outpatient surgery centers and steal Walgreens bags to steal the opiate painkillers.

Same here. NEVER, EVER post that you are taking controlled substances ANYWHERE on the net! Sometimes those thieves can end up being family members.

If I was living in a pop up camper with eleventy children and my husband wanted to take up any of my scarce counter space with his pharmacy of supplements I would not be amused.

Pack them away in a shoebox or something.

I'd tell him to stop spending money on all those damn supplements. That's money that can be better spent on other things...like food or finding better living conditions. Asshole!

OMG! Those poor kids! It breaks my heart to see them living like that. I pray CPS investigates them. Those kids deserve better!

The only positives I can see in those pics is that the daughters don't appear to be night parenting the babies (yet). Other than that, well, it's better than sleeping under a bridge or on a park bench I s'pose...

Is it because they move from state to state with such frequency that CPS isn't onto them? Or just because they homeschool?

My family member of mine is a single Dad of 3 under 8 years old, early 30s, very good but demanding job, and has quite severe but mainly well controlled Bipolar I. He recently went through a severe depression and had his medications changed and he requested some extra help from our extended family with the day to day running of things (taking the kids to extra-curriculars, picking up and dropping off from school/after school care, housework etc). The older two kids know about their Dad's condition in children's terms and we all tell them it isn't something they ever have to keep a secret- it is apart of their life and their childhood. When all this was happening, someone (not sure who) made a report to our version of CPS, saying the children were being neglected. My family member went through almost three months of investigations, follow up visits, having his every move scrutinised, his mental health records requested. It was an awful stress for him, the kids (who were interviewed by psychologists and social workers), and our family.

It disgusts me that the Shraders can be raising their kids in this way with no investigation. Our family's kids are doing well in school, confident, happy, kind, popular, clever, well dressed, well fed, live in a nice house, have never been spanked let alone physically abused, and are so very loved by so many people- the reason they were investigated was because a teacher or someone decided that their Dad outsourcing some of the above during hard times to FAMILY wasn't an acceptable way to parent. On the other hand, I would rather more families like mine be investigated and in doing so they catch out families like the Shraders than the other way around and not investigating anything but the super serious physical and sexual abuse cases.

My heart breaks for those kids.

We had a pop-up camper in our younger days (for, you know, CAMPING vacations... we LIVED in a house...)

I can say with certainty: That camper is a many times modified, many times mended, pop-up. It looks like original canvas has been mended/replaced/patched with blue tarps. The whole thing is much worse than it sounded.

I cannot believe these people (even with moving all over the country, and "homeschooling") aren't on someone's radar for the way the children have to live. Gah.

Is it because they move from state to state with such frequency that CPS isn't onto them? Or just because they homeschool?

My family member of mine is a single Dad of 3 under 8 years old, early 30s, very good but demanding job, and has quite severe but mainly well controlled Bipolar I. He recently went through a severe depression and had his medications changed and he requested some extra help from our extended family with the day to day running of things (taking the kids to extra-curriculars, picking up and dropping off from school/after school care, housework etc). The older two kids know about their Dad's condition in children's terms and we all tell them it isn't something they ever have to keep a secret- it is apart of their life and their childhood. When all this was happening, someone (not sure who) made a report to our version of CPS, saying the children were being neglected. My family member went through almost three months of investigations, follow up visits, having his every move scrutinised, his mental health records requested. It was an awful stress for him, the kids (who were interviewed by psychologists and social workers), and our family.

It disgusts me that the Shraders can be raising their kids in this way with no investigation. Our family's kids are doing well in school, confident, happy, kind, popular, clever, well dressed, well fed, live in a nice house, have never been spanked let alone physically abused, and are so very loved by so many people- the reason they were investigated was because a teacher or someone decided that their Dad outsourcing some of the above during hard times to FAMILY wasn't an acceptable way to parent. On the other hand, I would rather more families like mine be investigated and in doing so they catch out families like the Shraders than the other way around and not investigating anything but the super serious physical and sexual abuse cases.

My heart breaks for those kids.

CPS will not take a child simply because the parents are homeless.

I'm not saying that- but the combination of the children not attending school and living like that warrants some investigation. CPS here in Australia obviously is far from perfect but with my family member's children seemed to be aiming for a supportive role, parenting classes...mot to straight up take his kids. I just don't understand how this hasn't raised some red flags. I'm this close to attempting to report them myself.

That is not enough space for those kids. And what's going to happen when they're all grown up? they'll be too big for a pop up camper.

No offense but of all the married Keller children, Esther ended up with one shitty and selfish spouse. I get that he wants to be in Zambia but that doesn't mean he should mooch off of other church members instead of getting a job to SUPPORT his family until that mission trip happens. I'm starting to wonder if the older children are even getting homeschooled since there's clearly no income coming there way. This isn't "God's will" as John likes to say-this is ALL of his doing because he chooses to not work and put his family through crap. He's suppose to be the "provider" for his family yet he's failing at that.

Hey John, God has other things to worry about such as homeless children, diseases, hunger, etc to give a rat's ass about your poor back. Don't act like you're special because God supposedly comes to rescue you for every stupid shit that happens in your life. You're not special whatsoever. How about you man up and be a better husband and father, for once, instead of relying on every tiny decision on God. There's a reason why God gave us a brain-use it once in a while, you'd be amazed at how awesome this organ can come in handy.

By the way-brag about how lovely and patient your wife is but in reality, I'm sure deep down she's fed up with your views. Of course, she'll never say it since she's been trained to be a submissive wife.

I wish I could have sympathy for you, but honestly, I don't. You even make Smuggar seem like a better husband and that's saying something.

That's what I was just thinking, xReems, Josh may be smug, but I'm sure Anna is thanking her lucky stars that she has a house to come home to and knows where her next meal is coming from. He makes Josh look like super-husband.

The saddest thing is, things are only going to get worse for those children when they're in Zambia, and it will be too late for CPS to do anything.

That was one of Anna's BIL's, and although he was raised ATI, he and his wife rubbed some brain cells together and decided to go consertive Christian. They also practice evil birth control and he works for a nice company in Texas with benefits and everything!

Anyway, he is not a fan of Shawn's, because he didn't want to give permission to be on TV. Shawn threw a fit and told this man that if he didn't sign, he'd be pulled from the wedding. Not wanting to cause more problems to an already tiring and stressful day, he complied. He was also forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement that lasted until the wedding special had been aired.

Through all that, he found that TLC was giving out orders, and the Duggar's were following them to the letter. Remember how Jim Boob gets all sanctimonous and drones on about a real man doesn't work for another man, and if he must work for someone else, it should be for someone "like-minded?" Well, it sounds to me like JB and his entire family are working for TLC. Either the Duggars are lying, or they and TLC are "like-minded."

duggarswithoutpity.blogspot.com/2009/01/insights-from-insider.html

Edited to add a link to the article. I hope I broke the link correctly.

The Duggars are definitely working for TLC. A lot of the stuff they do like the excursions on trips are set up by TLC. On the show, you can sometimes tell that Boob and Mullet are spouting off things TLC tells them to say. Boob and Mullet know they have to do what TLC. TLC is the reason the TTH got finished and the show is the reason they are better off these days.

That's what I was just thinking, xReems, Josh may be smug, but I'm sure Anna is thanking her lucky stars that she has a house to come home to and knows where her next meal is coming from. He makes Josh look like super-husband.

Same here. Plus I also have to say that of Priscilla Waller as well. She has a decent home to live, regular decent meals, and David does have a job and brings in a regular paycheck. Lil' pecan doesn't have to deal with living in a tent.

Speaking of that tent, I am appalled by the pictures. It's worse than I thought, it's all grimy and looks like it's covered with tarps. The very basic Sears camper that I camped in as a kid was in better shape than that.

I can't believe that John allows his evergrowing family to live like that. Shame on him.

I was thinking its a bit of a slap in the face that a family from the USA who owned a house & has access to free education is choosing to live in a dirty camper so they can hand out bibles in a predominately christian country. How many Zambians would gladly swap with them?!

I'm so sure the back thing was a lie. I've only ever had mild sciatica/a strain & that was painful & took a couple of weeks to go away. It wasn't even bad enough for my doctor to give me a referral to get it scanned without waiting a month. You don't get over being unable to walk in a few days.

If Doug Phillips is a tool, this guy is the complete toolbox. At least Doug Phillips supports his family through his scams.

Poor Esther, her life must be so miserable. This is what is so wrong with the QF livestyle, she is so stuck in supporting her neer-do-well husband and has to stay sweet all the time. She is stuck with numerous toddlers, infants and children in a pop-up trailer, never knowing where her next meal is coming from.

I am with Miffy, the back injury is just another scam.

Is codeine prescription only in the US? You can get it over the counter in most of Europe.

Yes, and they make you feel like a drug addict for needing it regularly. The only pain med I can take is liquid Tylenol with codeine (can't have NSAIDs) and I have to continually ration it out so a tiny bottle lasts me two months. It pisses me off. Even if I could take it whenever I wanted or needed, I would only be taking half the recommended dose 4-5 times a week, maximum. I've been on low doses of it long enough that it should be obvious I'm not about to get addicted. I heartily resent having to be in severe pain just to keep some fucking beaurocrats happy. And if I go to pain magament doc I have to be drug tested each visit (I don't if I get my script from my primary care).

Even more fucked, I can have all the muscle relaxants that I want, and those make me woozy and sleep, so I'm not functional. But 1/4 tsp of codeine every 6 hours is enough to keep me going well enough without side effects when I have a flare up. Full dose is 1 tsp every 4-6 hrs.

Actually, I'd be alseep now if I weren't hurting and having to wait another 2 weeks for a refill. Had to call in sick to work on Monday because I had no pain management.

Then my mom went to the dentist and they gave her a massive bottle of Vicodin tablets that she didn't even need! The amount that they gave her for a few days is literally equivalent to my 2 month supply.

That man is a fucking pathetic loser. I'll be the asshole to say it, he's taking a break off from his pathetic, miserable life and shrugging off all responsibilities. He has just had enough and he does not even want to deal with the pile of shit for a life that he has composed so fare. "Look, I iz sickie, cannot support kiddies and wifey, I is one sick patriarch that must be supported along with my brood." He is such a failure. He should eat his own words since his whole life is one huge walk back on those words. He's neither smart, nor strong, his gawd is not providing for him miraculously contrary to what he preaches and marriage should have been an egalitarian relationship, at least he should say he now believes in egalitarian relationships and reciprocity since he's not putting anything on the table anymore, not one single thing. He totally is a toolbag, one broken toolbag. He's a toolshed or a tool factory or a tool outlet. And he hasn't grown up and learned anything.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again-The sheer laziness of some of these Quiverfull men is mind boggling. Gil Bates, Shrader, Chris Jeubb...just those three men alone have managed to sire over three dozen children they can't be assed to support properly. Elevating their laziness with Bible quotes doesn't change the fact these so called patriarchs don't even do a halfway job of feeding, sheltering, and educating their "blessings". That used to be the minimum expectation in calling yourself a patriarch in most societies.

Seriously, able bodied men who prefer to live on church charity than get real jobs? It's shameful.

I could not agree with you any more than I do now. A set of testicles and one penis won't make anyone a patriarch.

Archived