IGNORED

John Shrader unable to walk

Miggy

I've said it before, and I'll say it again-The sheer laziness of some of these Quiverfull men is mind boggling. Gil Bates, Shrader, Chris Jeubb...just those three men alone have managed to sire over three dozen children they can't be assed to support properly. Elevating their laziness with Bible quotes doesn't change the fact these so called patriarchs don't even do a halfway job of feeding, sheltering, and educating their "blessings". That used to be the minimum expectation in calling yourself a patriarch in most societies.

Seriously, able bodied men who prefer to live on church charity than get real jobs? It's shameful.

Totally agree. And what really gets me is that these guys, who are shielding their laziness in Bible quotes, know this prevents others from calling them out on their laziness. Because even by fundie standards, they all are failures. There has to be other fundie folks shaking their heads over seeing guys like this; it can't be just folks on the outside (like us). But because they are so "godly" no one probably dares to do it or, if they do, they risk criticism by those who buy into the "we are so godly" BS.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree. And what really gets me is that these guys, who are shielding their laziness in Bible quotes, know this prevents others from calling them out on their laziness. Because even by fundie standards, they all are failures. There has to be other fundie folks shaking their heads over seeing guys like this; it can't be just folks on the outside (like us). But because they are so "godly" no one probably dares to do it or, if they do, they risk criticism by those who buy into the "we are so godly" BS.

I am a firm believer that everyone is allowed to define success for themselves--... but being a sucess in the race for most fecund is not the same as being a success in life. Each one of these people would castigate the traditional and often imaginary "welfare queen" or the newer version of the deadbeat dad with many "baby mamas) who also relies on charity (government or not) to care for said children. By benefit of marriage, or attending the "right church" or just denial, they are able to differentiate themselves in their own minds.

I know a lot of Roman Catholic people my age who were in families of 8 kids or more, and none of them have more than a couple of kids. We'll know more in a couple more generations if the Quiverfull koolaid can maintain its strength to people who grew up with handme down clothes dropped off in trash sacks from a condescending church lady, sleeping on costco shelves or living in a popup trailer, and being physically abused in God's name.

I really don't understand how it is legal to have children living in these conditions by choice. The parents need to accept gov't aid or get a real job that pays a salary.

Eddited to change father to parents.

How have they gone unreported for so long? They document everything on their blog, even with pictures of the children's sleeping arrangement!!! I want those poor children to have a real home.

Eddited to add a word.

Where exactly do the kids sleep in that tiny space???

And where do they have the privacy to make more babies?

Do they have a bathroom or anything?

I hope to Czernobog they don't. If he can't get his ass up and get work he should not get up other body parts either.

Where exactly do the kids sleep in that tiny space???

Do they have a bathroom or anything?

As to the bathroom question: They probably set the camper up in either a campground, or some church's parking lot. Campgrounds frequently have bath houses, with facilities including showers.

Churches - Well, at least they have toilets and sinks. Probably not a shower.

As to the other questions - ???

Earlier in the thread, somebody wondered how this flies under the CPS radar. Probably because they are itinerant.

Earlier in the thread, somebody wondered how this flies under the CPS radar. Probably because they are itinerant.

Is anyone here an agent for CPS? Would the Shrader children met the definition of neglect ? I have little knowledge of the CPS system.

Well let's just put it this way. Animal activists do take away dogs from their owner for less.

Wonder how they would react when faced with anyone from CPS? Rather than being a wake up call, all it might do is fuel beliefs of persecution or something like that. Not saying that's a reason to not report them but given many fundies' distrust of the ebil guvmint, it might further a delusional belief that what they are doing is right. If John and Esther honestly can't see the reality of how their family is living, then I am not sure that a CPS visit will wake them up.

Wonder how they would react when faced with anyone from CPS? Rather than being a wake up call, all it might do is fuel beliefs of persecution or something like that. Not saying that's a reason to not report them but given many fundies' distrust of the ebil guvmint, it might further a delusional belief that what they are doing is right. If John and Esther honestly can't see the reality of how their family is living, then I am not sure that a CPS visit will wake them up.

I could definitly see a visit from CPS being potrayed as persecution.

I just can't get those sad images of the children living in tents out of my mind. It breaks my heart those children are not having their basic needs met(IMHO) and EVERYONE on the internet can see it. How can family members allow this to continue? How can Ma and Pa Keller allow their daughter and grandchildren to live in poverty?

Edited to add a word.

For CPS to get involved, first someone would have to report them. Despite what fundies say, there is no Big Brother system that monitors what every deadbeat posts on the internet. Then there is the fact that they move from state to state. CPS agencies are controlled on the state level. You would need for them to stay in one place for a few days, as well as someone who knew their location to tip off CPS.

Ma and Pa Keller are the reason their daughter has 8 children by a shiftless, lazy con man in the first place. Not to mention they don't appear to have the resources to support another 9 people even temporarily (Esther plus the children). I don't count Shrader in that because there is no way anyone should be expected to support his lazy ass for even a day.

What pisses me off--and it's the same thing that drove me nuts about Emily and Dna--is that this poverty is completely self-imposed. There is no reason for their poverty--no mental or physical impairments that keep them from holding down a job. Because he decided to go on this strange mission to spread Christianity to a predominately Christian nation, his children are forced to travel all over, living hand to mouth in a tiny camper. I just don't get it. How can you choose to treat your kids that way?

Quiverfull definitely seems full of narcissists. They want people to brag on them and their well-behaved kids for not being obsessed with materialism. In the end, it is the kids who sacrifice. The sheeple fail to realize the kids are forced to live this way for the benefit of the parents. Only a narcisstic person would continue bringing kids into self-impose dpoverty. I wish some tv station would do a documentary on how it really is in QF. I think the difference in Gil Bates, Chris Jeub and Jim Bob Duggar is they have charisma about them that John S is lacking. The former three actually make it look as though they work and earn enough money to suppprt their families when they realy live off church donations or a tv show.

Archived