IGNORED

John Shrader unable to walk

Miggy

Looks like a tent to me... Maybe with furniture in it? Those look like blue tarps serving as walls.

It's a popup camper. I had one so am certain.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like its all vitamins, nothing good like pain relief :) Btw vitamins and supplements are expensive!

That was my first thought when I saw the photo.

If I was living in a pop-up trailer with seven kids (and more to come) because my shiftless husband was too caught up in his fantasies about Zambia to ensure his submissive wife and dependent children had a stable home--

--Oh, fuck it. Who am I kidding? I wouldn't be in that position.

My thought exactly.

I was also thinking-- this set up looks like something off of a hoarders show--all the crap and tubs piled up throughout the living area and piled on every flat surface. What / where can the kids play? How can his wife do any of the advanced homemaking she no doubt trained for? Where does he "study the word".

These people are homeless and living in a popup trailer "down by the river".... and brag about it online. :auto-camptrailer: :wtf:

I think one reason the Shraders haven't sought out assistance from the Duggars is because there was some drama when Josh and Anna got married. From what I recall, TLC made Anna's father and/or some of other relatives from Anna's side, sign some kind of agreement and I remember her brother-in-law Josh McDonald was pissed about it and posted something on DWOP. Maybe the Shraders knew about this and also have issues with the Duggars.

I agree with others, the Duggars mainly Boob would be total assholes about helping them out. Like a previous poster said, Boob treated his dad like crap and he has talked crap about his deceased father a few times over the past few years. I think Boob is exaggerating things about his dad. He has claimed that his dad wasn't a good spiritual leader and made bad financial decisions. I don't think Boob's family were severely hurt by those decisions, it seems that Boob and his sister always had a place to live and food on the table. Also Boob attended a private Christian high school, the family had to be doing financially by the time Boob was in high school to afford tuition.

He has claimed that his dad wasn't a good spiritual leader and made bad financial decisions.

I know I read part of one of their books and in it Jim Bob does mention some bad financial decisions he made and I do not think he has been immune to bad decisions. Also this bad spiritual leader crap what a load. I'm sorry, but the man sacrificed to sent his children to a private Christian school. Obviously made sure to instill an important respect for religion and yet he was a bad leader. I think he is comparing his dad to the model Gothard sets and not realizing his father was what most people would call a good Christian guy who sometimes went through rough patches. So all in all your normal guy in the south.

Esther and a few of her kids have been on the show before - I believe they were at Anna's first baby shower.

I would think the Duggars would be open to supporting missionaries, but then again they discouraged JD from flying, which could be used in missionary work, so maybe they really don't like missionaries.

I agree, JB would be an ass about any help he'd give.

He has claimed that his dad wasn't a good spiritual leader and made bad financial decisions.

I know I read part of one of their books and in it Jim Bob does mention some bad financial decisions he made and I do not think he has been immune to bad decisions. Also this bad spiritual leader crap what a load. I'm sorry, but the man sacrificed to sent his children to a private Christian school. Obviously made sure to instill an important respect for religion and yet he was a bad leader.

Eh. JB was probably just irked because JL was against their having so many children, which in his mind made him a "bad spiritual leader." You know, because children are a blessing!

I doubt the Duggars would help this lot but then neither would I. Before I gave them one penny I would need BOTH parents to get a job. No more missionary trips anywhere. No planes. There is no way I would be willing to finance their continuing efforts to fill their quiver. IF and only IF they did all these things would I lend them money and I would need them to sign legal papers to clearly indicate it was a loan. Perhaps I am being mean but I have little time/patience for people who won't even try to help themselves first and I have absolutely no patience for people who have criticized me/my lifestyle/my choices but still want a handout. I would be willing to help them research educational opportunities/jobs and I would help them create a budget but even then I would need them to take responsibility for their choices.

So I guess JimBob and I will have to share the queen bitch crown on this front.

I just don't see the Duggars as all that altruistic--at least where money is concerned. We see them go on "missions" which really seem to be Christian tour groups, and we see them bake cookies for firefighters, police departments, etc...but do we ever see them do something for someone else that doesn't benefit them in some way?

Jim Bob & Michelle seem to place a HUGE value on money and financial stability--JB often brags about his real estate investments and plugs Jim Sammonds more than the Bible. I think that there is no way JB would let even a small amount of his money go to something that nets him nothing.

Plus, who would want to be associated with this guy? If they had him on the show, donations might go through the roof from the leghumpers, but it hardly shows the quiver full lifestyle to its best advantage when you have a guy with no job living with a his seven children and wife (that he cannot support) in a pop-up camper. That's not going to bring 'em in nor is it going to look good to the leghumpers who liken financial responsibility to Godliness when waxing poetic about the Duggars.

Boob has irked me quite a bit over the years with his bragging about being debt free. I applaud them for being debt free, but the constant reminders are annoying and Boob has the attitude that all people with debt are horrible people. Some people have debts to health issues and education. Boob forgets that not all people can easily buy real estate in some parts of the country.

I do think John Shrader is an asshole and irresponsible about finances and the well being of his family. I can see why some people here have a hard time sympathizing with him and Esther.

Just something that's bugging me: people keep saying that the Shraders have 7 kids. They actually have 8, though you'd never know, because all John talks about is himself. Also, the latest picture he posted only had 7, one of the boys was missing. Sadly, Esther is only in her early 30s and probably only halfway done :/

I just don't see the Duggars as all that altruistic--at least where money is concerned. We see them go on "missions" which really seem to be Christian tour groups, and we see them bake cookies for firefighters, police departments, etc...but do we ever see them do something for someone else that doesn't benefit them in some way?

Jim Bob & Michelle seem to place a HUGE value on money and financial stability--JB often brags about his real estate investments and plugs Jim Sammonds more than the Bible. I think that there is no way JB would let even a small amount of his money go to something that nets him nothing.

Plus, who would want to be associated with this guy? If they had him on the show, donations might go through the roof from the leghumpers, but it hardly shows the quiver full lifestyle to its best advantage when you have a guy with no job living with a his seven children and wife (that he cannot support) in a pop-up camper. That's not going to bring 'em in nor is it going to look good to the leghumpers who liken financial responsibility to Godliness when waxing poetic about the Duggars.[/quote]

You bring up an interesting point about the whole adherence to financial indepence and being debt free. Some people in these devout religious circles see themselves as independent when in reality they are trading govt handouts for church handouts which is socially sanctioned as okay in their circles. I have noticed a lot of religious people are pardon the term shitty with money.

Perfect example my husband has this co-worker who is trying to get people to sign up for this service PrimeAmerica. The service is "suppose" to help people get free and earn more money. Anyway he invited himself over to our house with his wife on Saturday and we had to sit through their crappy ass presentation. During the presentation the wife admits she only has $55 dolars in savings and I didn't want to embarass her and tell her um yeah I have considerably more and I know I'm still now safe. I then went on to tell the husband that I had recieved consumer education in hs and things we learned. I went over the whole we learned pay yourself first and your housing allowance should not be more than 25% of your budget and what not. He was shocked and then was all what kind of school did you go to. When I told him public you could tell he was in his head going what the heck. With this said this guy is Mormon and I know for a fact he has recieved financial aid from his church fairly recently.

What I thought of his presentation was it was a bad pyramid scheme and reminded me of peoples horror stories of Amway bombings. There is such this notion of the prosperity gospel in modern day churches and you will be rich, but let us fleece you to teach you about money. The whole thing is ridiculous. My husband and I did attend the Dave Ramsey one and I thought this is what I learned in hs once again, it is just getting my husband to realize one of us is better with money and should be setting up budgets. Once again though religious patriachy rears it's ugly head and he was taught men support their family and manage money. I on the other hand was raised in house where my dad said if your mom wants to do the budget I'm fine as long as I have coffee money in the morning. I am smart enough though to maintain my own seperate accounts. Sorry for the long post and thread jack guys. :)

How do they even have privacy to do baby makin??????!?!

Well, if his back is so bad he can't walk, then he probably can't do any baby making. So in a way, prayers HAVE been answered! :laughing-rofl:

Do these guys still homeschool? There is no mention of it in any of their posts. Where would they have the room to do it - do the kids sit in the car while they do their school work because there isnt room to swing a cat in that pop up camper? They all seem clean and well groomed, but where do they shower and stuff? I can't believe social services haven't been on to them yet. They are soooooooooooo iresponsible!

I do think John Shrader is an asshole and irresponsible about finances and the well being of his family. I can see why some people here have a hard time sympathizing with him and Esther

This. Frankly, he has no business spending his time getting his mission to Zambia funded plus trolling for financial help, donations, and planes while his family lives in a camper. I really have no sympathy for him or Esther though I guess we could give Esther a pass because she was raised to be a helpmeet and keeper at home (or camper) from day one and probably has no idea that she can do something else. John, OTOH, was raised to be the headship and provider, and in this way, I will argue he is a major failure even by fundie standards. Though I guess fundies will give him a pass because he's so godly anyway.

John is an irresponsible douche who needs to shelf the Zambia dream and get a job. It must suck to share a pop up camper with 9 other people.

Do these guys still homeschool? There is no mention of it in any of their posts. Where would they have the room to do it - do the kids sit in the car while they do their school work because there isnt room to swing a cat in that pop up camper? They all seem clean and well groomed, but where do they shower and stuff? I can't believe social services haven't been on to them yet. They are soooooooooooo iresponsible!

Oh you can guarantee they will homeschool. They are so immersed in the kookaid that they would never, ever dream of sending their children to a school.

Oh you can guarantee they will homeschool. They are so immersed in the kookaid that they would never, ever dream of sending their children to a school.

Their children would never go to a real school, but I wonder how much they are really being homeschooled...

That being said, John really only posts about himself. Esther could be homeschooling 20 hours a day and we wouldn't hear about it. Not even a post for Mother's Day

I'm curious how they think they are going to appeal to whoever they think it is in Zambia that they are ministering to. Follow our example and you, too, can have nothing even resembling a permanent home -- more and more blessings in the same cramped camper--and none of your children will ever go to school?

Bet the Zambians are chomping at the bit to learn their secrets.

BTW, some of those vitamins are Kirkland brand, which is the Costco brand. You have to pay for a Costco membership. I'm basically against big box, etc., but I'm allowing myself Costco (okay, at a moral-compromise price) because of their stance on labor. Somebody please tell me that Costco isn't subsidizing these jerks.

Thanks be to JEBUS! Not only is he able to walk, he can remove the vent in his trailer so he can have A/C! He was also kind enough to post a "tour" of the camper:

911631_4970895360390_2074247538_n.jpg?oh=60efc496ae5db2afbb462d271df55359&oe=5193F897&__gda__=1368667311_bd93f2170b83d084b49b7c9546b5a6c7

"Dresser"

913134_4970895640397_760968441_n.jpg?oh=99ede717c4418494ff7bb8572e05e69b&oe=5193DC2A&__gda__=1368688030_3b468386a54381b439768399f89afdd1

Deputation Delights - Life on the road:

The boys dorm, all snuggled up!

912233_4970895120384_471575153_n.jpg?oh=ff629df777c224c34d6a36d42532d70b&oe=5193D31E&__gda__=1368657701_73a0ec2671fee3878d2afd2ce5b227f9

Deputation Delights - Life on the road: Sleepy-head sisters!

962963_4970894760375_1940100427_n.jpg?oh=42068cb28596f30a2fceea688a6c1b0c&oe=51941894&__gda__=1368643715_bfd638a5af9b3fd8eb46dc47690358c7

Deputation Delights - Life on the road: The honeymoon suite... plus a couple of baby beds!

908269_4912814428403_412383551_n.jpg?oh=4b830f651778e8a91837c7a3e4c1c1b8&oe=519420E1&__gda__=1368688284_bf8da84109bfe4d1c6471cb8aa9b8b42

Deputation Delights - Life on the road: Anybody like to guess why this is such an exciting picture to Esther and I? Hint: I was removing the roof vent fan on our pop-up camper...

I did my share of tent camping growing up, and judging by those pictures, my accomodations were downright luxurious by comparison. Those poor kids. I hope they're at least in an area that doesn't have extremely hot/cold climates.

Oh wow... That's worse than I imagined... It all just looks so dirty and grimy. It might be fun for a weekend camping trip, but they've been on the road for over a year now... Just wow. Those "dorms" make the Duggars' sleeping quarters look like heaven.

It wouldn't seem so bad to me if they were traveling around actually DOING something, like running a mobile medical clinic in a developing country, or even traveling around the U.S. really learning about history and geography, or SOMETHING. But they are homeless and sleeping in a tent trailer because Mommy and Daddy can't get off their asses and get some paid employment but instead made a conscious choice to live off the charity of others (ahem, "allow others to bless them").

You know if this were in the UK those kids would have been taken into care. Only in America...

Archived