IGNORED

John Shrader unable to walk

Miggy

Dearly beloved prayer partners. I humbly ask you to lift up my back. I am almost unable to walk currently, and covet your prayers for God's healing touch or His grace that is sufficient, whatever He wills. I am excited about learning some stretches and exercises that will strengthen and help, but due the immediate need I humbly ask your petitions. We must get back on the road Fri. morning, with a lengthy drive, so precious prayer partners, PLEASE pray! Love you all.

Sarah Shrader Waller Praying for you... If you need some morphine, let me know... Have the extended release & immediate release....

John Shrader This is nothing compared to your pain sis... helps me be a little more emphatic though! Love ya Sarah

No idea how this happened but I'm wondering how it will affect his fundraising and mission work.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um is it even legal to give presciption drugs to someone else? Especially a controlled substance like MS Contin!

Um is it even legal to give presciption drugs to someone else? Especially a controlled substance like MS Contin!

No....no it is not legal to give prescription drugs to anyone except the person they are prescribed for. It is also extremely stupid to offer to do this on a public Facebook page. :pink-shock:

Wait, so sister Sarah is married to a Waller? And Esther's sister is married to another Waller? My head is exploding.

There's only a limited number of families who are good enough and in close enough proximity (since Fundy teenagers don't leave the best to do the normal things teenagers and younger adults do, they're not going to meet many people outside of their fairly close community), there's a limited pool to chose from.

I grew up where it was absolutely unacceptable to marry outside the denomination so family connections like that were the norm. It meant you had to be careful who you gossiped about, since everyone was related. It got to the point where second or third cousins (with the same surname) were marrying.

Just reading that stuff combined with the Shraders' past history makes me thinks the Shraders are really off.

Sarah Shrader Waller is married to a different Waller family, not the same family as David (Priscilla's husband).

I can't help but wonder if these setbacks are all signs from God they shouldn't be doing this missionary work...

Wait, so sister Sarah is married to a Waller? And Esther's sister is married to another Waller? My head is exploding.

From what I've been able to glean, they're different Wallers. Sarah and John's other siblings on Facebook aren't fundie anymore.

My mum always has Valium, Panadine Forte (codine+paracetamol) & prescription strength Imodium :shit-fan: . If I need any of them, but have no other reason to go to the doctor then I get them from her, instead of bothering my doctor. However i've had a prescription for all of these things at some point.

Giving morphine out, wow, just wow! Thats a real narcotic that you can get addicted to.

I think he's probably got a herniated disc. He won't be able to sit down for long. I predict the misson trip will be off & they will be asking for donations to feed the starving family with the invalided workshy father.

Um...if he needs morphine, he needs to see an actual doctor, and no that is not something you should be offering on a public FB page. I realize people DO share their prescription meds even though they should not. However it is brazen and stupid to make it clear in a public FB page that you are offering someone morphine like that.

I would not wish pain on anyone. However, if he truly is in that level of pain, he needs to see a doctor. First, he needs to have his OWN LEGAL prescription for pain meds. Second, he needs to determine what is causing the pain. Pain is the body's warning signal that something is wrong. Ignoring pain can cause significant damage that can be irreversible. I suspect thatt level of disability would not allow the Shraders to rely upon SSI and would leave them in even worse shape than they are currently in.

Some of us have jobs with paychecks, are not opposed to relying upon the SSDI we pay into, and pay for private disability insurance on top of the government insurance just so that we can still provide should something happen. John Shrader has none of that. He should consider his health and ability even more precious without those securities because disability will be so much worse for his family if it comes.

Sarah Shrader Waller is married to a different Waller family, not the same family as David (Priscilla's husband).

I can't help but wonder if these setbacks are all signs from God they shouldn't be doing this missionary work...

Blasphemy! It can only be the devil keeping him from his work, dontcha know? :dancing-demon:

And WHAT is with the 500 word essay* asking for prayers? Why wouldn't a simple, "Please pray for me" suffice?

* Hyperbole, I know.

Blasphemy! It can only be the devil keeping him from his work, dontcha know? :dancing-demon:

And WHAT is with the 500 word essay* asking for prayers? Why wouldn't a simple, "Please pray for me" suffice?

* Hyperbole, I know.

I've heard before, "God always answers prayers... it just may not be the answer you want to hear."

Perhaps God has decided that John can no longer do missionary work, and took his walking ability away so that he feels compelled to get a new, JOB TYPE, 9-5 job.

My mum always has Valium, Panadine Forte (codine+paracetamol) & prescription strength Imodium :shit-fan: . If I need any of them, but have no other reason to go to the doctor then I get them from her, instead of bothering my doctor. However i've had a prescription for all of these things at some point.

Giving morphine out, wow, just wow! Thats a real narcotic that you can get addicted to.

I think he's probably got a herniated disc. He won't be able to sit down for long. I predict the misson trip will be off & they will be asking for donations to feed the starving family with the invalided workshy father.

You should not be taking your mom's pills, ever. First of all, it's illegal. Secondly, just because you had a prescription for a drug in the past, doesn't mean you should be taking it today. Especially when you're talking about drugs like valium and codeine (which is a narcotic, btw. It's not as strong as morphine, but it's the same class of drugs.) Thirdly, if you're having issues that require such medications, you need the help of a doctor.

"My mum always has Valium, Panadine Forte (codine+paracetamol) & prescription strength Imodium :shit-fan: . If I need any of them, but have no other reason to go to the doctor then I get them from her"

Giving morphine out, wow, just wow! Thats a real narcotic that you can get addicted to. "

I mean this in the best possible way - please do not be angry or offended. You should NOT be sharing valium or codeine or prescription strength imodium. Valium and codeine are both addictive. Taking a drug like imodium for certain bowel disorders can be a big mistake. If you need any of these medications please see your doctor and get your own prescription. Your doctor will not find it bothersome if you come in only for one issue - in fact he/she will appreciate it.

Reading this I just thought doesn't Florida have a big oxycotin problem? I only bring it up since that is where Esther is from and wonder if John would ever go to one of those pop up clinics, which are less the reputable for handing out pain meds. Having the headship get addicted to pain killers is the last thing they need.

There's only a limited number of families who are good enough and in close enough proximity (since Fundy teenagers don't leave the best to do the normal things teenagers and younger adults do, they're not going to meet many people outside of their fairly close community), there's a limited pool to chose from.

I grew up where it was absolutely unacceptable to marry outside the denomination so family connections like that were the norm. It meant you had to be careful who you gossiped about, since everyone was related. It got to the point where second or third cousins (with the same surname) were marrying.

Interesting. I am interested in very small denominations. Any chance you might tell us what denomination you were a member of? I understand if you don't want to "out" yourself though.

Um...if he needs morphine, he needs to see an actual doctor, and no that is not something you should be offering on a public FB page. I realize people DO share their prescription meds even though they should not. However it is brazen and stupid to make it clear in a public FB page that you are offering someone morphine like that.

I would not wish pain on anyone. However, if he truly is in that level of pain, he needs to see a doctor. First, he needs to have his OWN LEGAL prescription for pain meds. Second, he needs to determine what is causing the pain. Pain is the body's warning signal that something is wrong. Ignoring pain can cause significant damage that can be irreversible. I suspect thatt level of disability would not allow the Shraders to rely upon SSI and would leave them in even worse shape than they are currently in.

Some of us have jobs with paychecks, are not opposed to relying upon the SSDI we pay into, and pay for private disability insurance on top of the government insurance just so that we can still provide should something happen. John Shrader has none of that. He should consider his health and ability even more precious without those securities because disability will be so much worse for his family if it comes.

It's taken me years to get over my guilt of taking SSDI while in my early 20's because I had no other choice. And years later I'm not any better and have tried working, but I only lasted three days before I had to quit, and this was with me working very part time.

I can't remember who this guy is, but he needs to see a doc. I have degenerative disc disease, and when I have a flare-up (my L5 is protruding and squished nicely into my spinal cord), I'm almost entirely unable to walk. It can cause permanent damage- nerve damage (including loss of sensation), loss of bladder and bowel control, etc.- and his condition needs to be looked at and managed in order to not progress to that point. There can be swelling during a flare-up like that that makes it hard for your stuff to get back into place. A round of steroids like Prednisone might be in order (they don't like to give me that because I have pretty much every risk factor for osteoporosis, and steroids can lead to bone demineralization), along with pain meds. Definitely physical therapy, with exercises he'll have to keep up with if this ends up being chronic. Back injuries are nothing to mess around with, says the woman who is probably going to be sitting on some ice packs later on today because she's been busting her back cleaning the house.

I agree that he needs to see a doctor. Anytime you have significant unexplained pain you need to see a REAL doctor, especially if it is bad enough to render you unable to stand or move.

So, whats his angle this time? First he wanted a place for the baby to be born, then his weird juice fast experiment, then the baby was born, he got his plane, the van broke down (and mechanics made money appear)... now what?

Hey JOHN! God is telling you something! It isnt "satan" putting roadblocks to prevent you from spreading the WORD all over an already christian country! Its god telling you to TAKE CARE OF YOUR FUCKING FAMILY! Get a job, quit dragging them all over the place, and take care of your responsibilities!

This is interesting. I took a sociology class about the Amish in college 30+ years ago and one of the points made was how many health issues were rampant in their communities because of the genetics of inbreeding (for lack of a better word). Vision problems and diabetes were among them. I can only imagine that it has gotten worse since then.

John Shrader

These responses are so encouraging... especially thinking about when we're in Africa and will have urgent prayer needs!

What will it take for John to finally realize that he is not going to Africa? I'm picturing him walking to a tiny plane, getting his limbs hacked off like the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, insisting, "It's just a flesh wound!"

Who's so naive or disinhibited that they offer controlled substances to others on FB? :lol:

Is codeine prescription only in the US? You can get it over the counter in most of Europe.

Archived