IGNORED

Jim Bob's bike analogy

merrily

Read Jim Boobs analogy, out loud, to my husband. He had a look of horror on his face. His comment "This is how he sees his wife and daughters".

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree that riding a bike is the same every time, but I agree with the overall point you were making.

Yeah, I didn't say that very well. I just meant that virginal sex most likely isn't all that great for both men and women. What about vaginismus women who need a freaking dildo set just to prepare for penetration? You can 'ride' them (like a bike) all you want w/o 'wearing them out'.

Oh Jim Bob, you're such a moron. ITA with everyone who says he sees women as objects who he's owed. Everything short of himself, and maybe Michelle, is an object in his world. Say the right magic words and they do whatever you want. God, righteous, holy, defrauding, encourage, bless, ministry, no debt, God, Jesus, God, Bible, ATI. Just combine those the right way for the given situation and you're good to go!

The horrible thing about abstinence-only education is that it completely ignores the fact that teenagers grow up to be adults who have sex. Almost 100% of them will have sex, inside or outside marriage, and most will be safer and happier if they are somewhat informed. They will need to know their anatomy, their contraceptive options, and the range of sexual behavior in the near future, whether they abstain until marriage or not.

My teenager is learning physics and calculus even though no one in their right mind would let him build a bridge right now. He is learning history and political science to become an informed member of a democracy even though he is not old enough to vote. He learned how to write a research paper years ago even though he was nowhere near ready to be involved in research. He learned scientific method in grammar school, long before he was allowed to perform an experiment.

We teach children things that they will need to know as adults because the best time to learn is *before* you encounter an issue for the first time. And while we know for a fact that only a minority of students in any given class will go into STEM fields and that nowhere near 100% will vote, we *do* know that most of them will be having sex. Hopefully safe, enjoyable, and informed sex. Safe and enjoyable sex is a life skill that American teens should learn.

-This fun little phrase: "Girls give sex to get love, boys give love to get sex."

I was taught that along with "girls can't orgasm unless they're in love" back in 1993. And people wonder why my state is up there in teen pregnancy rates.

I was taught that along with "girls can't orgasm unless they're in love" back in 1993. And people wonder why my state is up there in teen pregnancy rates.

Somebody should have told me that when I was a little kid and used to masturbate to relieve stress. You can rest assured that adult-style sexual/romantic thoughts had NOTHING to do with it.

Somebody should have told me that when I was a little kid and used to masturbate to relieve stress. You can rest assured that adult-style sexual/romantic thoughts had NOTHING to do with it.

QFT! It's a comfort mechanism which is built in. All I would say to a small kid is "We do that in private, go to your room or to the loo to do that". Not it is wrong to do it, because it isn't.

Did anyone else have Queen's "I want to ride my Bicycle" song playing in their heads while reading this thread?

I do now.

Safe and enjoyable sex is a life skill that American teens should learn.

Booyah! You win the interwebz for this. :clap:

Booyah! You win the interwebz for this. :clap:

To this day, I am pissed off at Bill Clinton for caving in to the shocked, shocked folks who demanded Joycelyn Elders's firing from her post as surgeon general. She had actually suggested that masturbation be mentioned in public school sex ed classes.

OT: Does anyone else remember the scene in "There's Something About Mary" in which Ben Stiller's bud recommends masturbation before a big date, so that a guy has his emotions and sex drive somewhat under control? Am I alone in kind of thinking this might not be a bad idea?

To this day, I am pissed off at Bill Clinton for caving in to the shocked, shocked folks who demanded Joycelyn Elders's firing from her post as surgeon general. She had actually suggested that masturbation be mentioned in public school sex ed classes.

Yep...that was definitely not one of his finer moments. I think discussing masturbation and "outercourse" as low-risk, healthy sexual outlets should definitely be included in comprehensive sex ed programs.

Abstinence-only should be relegated to the dust bin of educational failures.

What if that boy maintained and blinged out that bike and was better then new. ? Better then the cheapass parents that bought it in the first place.

But then again there could now be two bikes in that shed too.

My bike is one like that- started out a bit on the cheap side, but people who really knew what they were doing turned it into a great bike. Best used bike evah! New doesn't always equal good. A lot of people put a lot of loving work into that bike, before it came to me. And if one really wants to go with the bike = person imagery, then hey, a lot of people taught my SO and I stuff about love, sex and relationships before we found one another. Neither of us is all shiny and new, but we're better because of that. Don't knock "gently used items"! :D

OT: Does anyone else remember the scene in "There's Something About Mary" in which Ben Stiller's bud recommends masturbation before a big date, so that a guy has his emotions and sex drive somewhat under control? Am I alone in kind of thinking this might not be a bad idea?

I was in public high school during Elders's confirmation hearing and remember biting my tongue a lot when people said, "Nobody needs to learn how to masturbate!" Because I remember swiping a book from my parents' shelf (on the Hite report, IIRC) that was very helpful to me. Also, I didn't lose my virginity until I was 25-- from about 20 on, I occasionally played with partners in various stages of undress, but had no narrowly defined sex. Learning to masturbate meant that when my off-again, on-again boyfriend (who was also a then-virgin) asked me, when we were both 20, if I wanted to have sex, that I was able to honestly say, "I feel conflicted about having sex with you, and sex is not something I want to feel conflicted about." It was the right decision for me at that moment, and it was possible because I was not beside myself with lust that there was no decision to be made.

Right now I'm watching American Greed...and when they said the word "defrauded", I was thinking of the other meaning for the word. I blame this board. :lol:

Anyways, I agree that the abstinence-only sex-ed should be a thing of relic. If parents don't feel comfortable about it, have them sign a waifer or a form saying whether or not they want their kid to take the class.

After my nice bike I purchased years ago with the last of my student loan money (cheaper than paying for transit and gym pass for a term, and a better long term investment) was stolen :angry-cussingblack: I ended up getting my moms old bike... Wonder what Mr Duggar would think of a situation like that? Lol

And I always thought a bike was something you had to ride more than once to be good at. Kinda like, well.... ;)

Archived