IGNORED

Maxwell Conferences

Justme

The pirate talk is fantastic! Why does some of the greatest snark come from talking about the Maxwells? I guess because they make it too easy. I still laugh when I think about the lyric trolling that went down a few months ago. :dance:

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But wait....Mom made a list before they went to Costco! I bet none of us have ever thought of doing that before! A list...how smart is that!

We are in love with our Camelbak water bottles in our house. Seriously I love mine so much! Does the Klean kanteen change the taste of the water at all? I always wondered with the aluminum?

How many more times are they going to post about how "awesome" the guys are at working together to unload the books? Honestly, that's about as difficult as going to Costco.

The water bottle refilling pic HAD to be in response to the posts here. Why else would someone take a pic of that??? (Hi Steve!)

As others have said, they really just make me sad. These grown ass "children" should have exciting lives of their own. Going to Costco and washing the vehicle shouldn't be all they have to talk about in life.

But wait....Mom made a list before they went to Costco! I bet none of us have ever thought of doing that before! A list...how smart is that!

We are in love with our Camelbak water bottles in our house. Seriously I love mine so much! Does the Klean kanteen change the taste of the water at all? I always wondered with the aluminum?

How many more times are they going to post about how "awesome" the guys are at working together to unload the books? Honestly, that's about as difficult as going to Costco.

The water bottle refilling pic HAD to be in response to the posts here. Why else would someone take a pic of that??? (Hi Steve!)

As others have said, they really just make me sad. These grown ass "children" should have exciting lives of their own. Going to Costco and washing the vehicle shouldn't be all they have to talk about in life.

A list -- for Costco!!! Holy crap -- I keep running lists at my house for Costco, Home Depot, and the grocery store. It's not rocket science.

I have had my Kleen Kanteen for about 5 years. My experience is that it doesn't alter the taste of the water, but obviously, like any refillable bottle, you would refresh it often and also run it through the dishwasher from time to time. When you order KK, you can choose from several different bottle tops. And I ended up buying a bottle brush because I don't think the tops get clean enough in the dishwasher (and that's really what will change the flavor of your water, right? Which is gross!).

I think these trips are exciting to the Maxwell children because it does get them out of their humdrum lives of cleaning, bible time, more cleaning, more bible time and Uriah work. Heck, prison is probably more exciting. Looking at the recent pics of their "fellowshipping", it's probably the few times the kids get to eat and talk with people outside the family. The saddest part is the NR kids don't realize their lives are not normal, that most kids have real fun and socialize with peers. I love their recent post with the quote mention that with eight people on the bus, there's so much to talk about! I had to laugh at that. Keep believing it, crazy Maxwells!

Anyone else think it's creepy that one of the kids is giving Steve a neck rub while he drives? I assume it's Steve driving... we KNOW it's not a girl.

I was hoping that was barbecue sauce or some other sauce running off the chicken breast and not grease. Oh, well.

I see they have Scottsdale, AZ, lined up for 2013. Perhaps, just maybe, they'll get closer so I'll stand a chance of getting to visit with them. :)

OMG! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I am so on this!

Well I'll be a ferret's uncle! That's incredible. Thith thith thitch about wasting plastic water bottles and next thing you know they're showing us how the Maxwells reduce, reuse and recycle. Well, just reuse, once or twice for show.

Come on, Stevie, get the family fancy water bottles from that outdoor store you like so much. I want pics.

Klean Kanteens are actually stainless steel not aluminum so no taste change. At least that I can tell and water is all I drink (I'm a freaking water connoisseur, I am).

That was NON-MAXWELL filling up the water bottle. Can you imagine the excitement? I'm sure they're still talking about it, especially how blessed she was and how Jesus laid it on her heart to refresh herself and what an AWESOME job she did.

I really don't see very many photos of women around Sarah's age and if there are, it must hurt like hell to see her contemporaries where she wants to be--married and with children. So yet again, she's stuck making meaningless small talk with people half her age.

And when you think about it, her constant companions are her two (much) younger sisters, one of whom is actually young enough to be Sarah's child.

Klean Kanteens are actually stainless steel not aluminum so no taste change. At least that I can tell and water is all I drink (I'm a freaking water connoisseur, I am).

That was NON-MAXWELL filling up the water bottle. Can you imagine the excitement? I'm sure they're still talking about it, especially how blessed she was and how Jesus laid it on her heart to refresh herself and what an AWESOME job she did.

I really don't see very many photos of women around Sarah's age and if there are, it must hurt like hell to see her contemporaries where she wants to be--married and with children. So yet again, she's stuck making meaningless small talk with people half her age.

And when you think about it, her constant companions are her two (much) younger sisters, one of whom is actually young enough to be Sarah's child.

We use stainless steel bottles that we purchased at Costco - three for $6.97 on clearance and they come with foam sleeves. They always get rid of the current year's model at the end of the summer. I think we might have a dozen, total, that we've collected over the years.

The Louisiana post is the second one in recent weeks that shows a customer with several books in their hand. Do people really buy loads of books from them? I can see where someone might buy one or two, but half a dozen at a time (or nine like the guy in the pic) seems excessive. How much are these things?

Ahh this is my hometown and current place of residence. Actually the conference is only about 10 minutes from my house. Thankfully, my dh and I have a fundraiser dinner tomorrow night. Its kind of interesting that the Maxwells are in GR as it is the conservative capital of the world contrary to the fact that the state goes blue every election.

Would be interesting to see however.

Ferchrissakes, it's not like Mick, Keith and the boys adding another appearance to a world tour Sarah. It's just another friggin church basement and bad parking lot. Count your blessing you guys need to beg some gas money so you can drive home.

Oh, those freewheeling Maxwells! So spontaneous! Such hijinks, hitting the open road with nary a plan!

You just never know where they'll go next!

Ferchrissakes, it's not like Mick, Keith and the boys adding another appearance to a world tour Sarah. It's just another friggin church basement and bad parking lot. Count your blessing you guys need to beg some gas money so you can drive home.

But...but...it was last minute! And...things. Ooooo...road pictures! :)

Oh, those freewheeling Maxwells! So spontaneous! Such hijinks, hitting the open road with nary a plan!

You just never know where they'll go next!

Soon they'll be blogging "Where in the world are the Maxwells?", giving us clues and seeing if we can guess. You know how much Steve loves fun and games!

I'm an ebil working woman, so I can't make it there during the week.

Maybe when they try for a weekend date. :lol:

(I'm fairly sure I know/knew people who go to that church. Maybe time to call my sibling in the city and have her put out her fundie feelers)

so...call me crazy, but why can I find ZERO mention of this event on the church's website?

Am I missing it?

OMG, I live in western MI too. I have a niece who goes to the other Vineyard church, the one out on the Beltline. I knew the Vineyard churches were the spawn of evil, because my own cult group was involved with John Wimber back in the day. But I have now lost any shred of respect for them. Maxwells! Gahhh, ackkk!

I just looked at the Southside Vineyard website and saw this slogan: "Radically Up, Regularly In, Relentlessly Out." I nearly choked on my bratwurst. Really . . . need I explicate further? I think that says it all. Thrusting . . . repeatedly . . . for Jesus!

so...call me crazy, but why can I find ZERO mention of this event on the church's website?

Am I missing it?

It sounds like it was a seriously last minute invite, so perhaps the person in charge of the website didn't even get to updating it.

...which makes me wonder just how many attendees they'll get, but hey.

Archived