IGNORED

Maxwell Conferences

Justme

Man that stuff is good though... my local coffeehouse has started selling it, I am happy...

Have you tried the veggie booty? It's really good, too! My kids as babies would gobble that stuff up like it was crack booty. And as far as snacks go, it's fairly healthy. It is hilarious to me that Stevie buys it -- Hey, Steve -- it's BOOTY IN A BAG!

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried the veggie booty? It's really good, too! My kids as babies would gobble that stuff up like it was crack booty. And as far as snacks go, it's fairly healthy. It is hilarious to me that Stevie buys it -- Hey, Steve -- it's BOOTY IN A BAG!

I haven't, but I will tomorrow, because they also sell that one too yeah! :D I'm happy they have such things in parallel to the cookies, just as a more savory snack fan.

But yeah totally BOOTY IN A BAG!!!!!! :D Granted I can't imagine Steve-O lasting more than a few moments at any proper coffeehouse, I mean, between the occasionally less-than-prudishly clothed patrons, the caffeine, and the whole "reading on the free and open an internet" thing... the ones by me often have study groups going on about various kinds of hard science and medicine, heaven forbid we find out where humans actually come from...

Yo Steve :greetings-wavingyellow:

That bag of BOOTY is prime munchie food here behind the green curtain :obscene-smokingweed:

I haven't, but I will tomorrow, because they also sell that one too yeah! :D I'm happy they have such things in parallel to the cookies, just as a more savory snack fan.

But yeah totally BOOTY IN A BAG!!!!!! :D Granted I can't imagine Steve-O lasting more than a few moments at any proper coffeehouse, I mean, between the occasionally less-than-prudishly clothed patrons, the caffeine, and the whole "reading on the free and open an internet" thing... the ones by me often have study groups going on about various kinds of hard science and medicine, heaven forbid we find out where humans actually come from...

I dare you to go post on the blog "Hey, Maxwells! We love that Booty in a Bag, too!". LOLOL! It will never get published, but it's fun to think about Sarah making a mistake and posting it before the iron hand of the headship gets his red editing pen out.

I dare you to go post on the blog "Hey, Maxwells! We love that Booty in a Bag, too!". LOLOL! It will never get published, but it's fun to think about Sarah making a mistake and posting it before the iron hand of the headship gets his red editing pen out.

Well this one is said now but yeah I think I need to make some posts. I mean, I'm a scheduler with extreme amounts of tasks to finish daily, happily putting them all in a schedule and using the egg timer and whatever else, honestly 100% no snark I do agree with some of the Maxwell scheduling tips IF it works for you.

The things ON my schedule, well... :D I maybe mentioned that Wednesdays for me involves beer.

But yeah, I should fire up some posts from my vpn. I used to do it more often, just your heathen but sincere reader...

I think we should now translate everything Steve says into pirate-speak!

J8fsd.jpg

I love you so much, thoughtful.

I don't see Aunt Tami (Terri's sister) commenting very much on the blog anymore. I wonder why.

What a pathetic existence they all endure. I saw the Costco post and could decide whether I should laugh or cry. I cannot imagine living a life where going shopping at Costco is picture worthy.

I love you so much, thoughtful.

I'm blushing.

And rewarding you with more from Pirate Steve.

Look in your chore pack, and make sure you get everything in there done:

- swab deck

- feed parrot

- polish cap'n Steve's spare wooden leg

- wash eyepatches and bandanas

- board merchant ship, pillage

- bury treasure

- clean ceiling fans

If you don't get it all done, you'll be keelhauled -- with the love of the LORD, of course.

8tdlk.jpg

Oh, and here's a paragraph from Steve's "Daddy Tapes" corner, run through the English to Pirate translator:

" There be an exceptional bondin' that goes on when a child hears his daddy's voice frequently. T' same be true for t' child o' God concernin' Jesus and His voice. We don't hear His voice directly, but our grog can be tuned t' it by readin' t' Word daily. In a similar fashion, our sprogs's hearts can be pulled t' us as they listen t' us sharin' words o' love and encouragement t' them everyday. "

If anyone else wants to play with the translator:

http://www.fissio.com/pirate.pl

:clap: Thanks for the English to pirate translator:

This is Steve from the blog on "Will Your Anchor Hold?" (particularly apropos!)

The pirate speaks,"He was happily married, attendin' church, successful in business, life was goin' well, and then his buxom beauty went t' Davy Jones' locker o' cancer. He like three others I’ve talked too, when tragedy happened, they turned t' grog and drugs instead o' t' Lord Jesus. Their lives then went from t' deep, dark waters o' a tragedy, t' t' depth o' despair and loss o' everythin' as Satan became their “master.†T' lives o' those men reflect how cruel o' a master he is."

Oh, and I'm scaring the headship with my guffaws while thinking about the contents of Pirate Steve's chore pack.

(edited to add a sentence)

:clap: Thanks for the English to pirate translator:

This is Steve from the blog on "Will Your Anchor Hold?" (particularly apropos!)

Oh, and I'm scaring the headship with my guffaws while thinking about the contents of Pirate Steve's chore pack.

Welcome, DrP! Excellent choice, and the translation sounds more natural than the original!

Why do they have to rehearse every day? Don't they play on Uriah? Don't they play every night or sometimes twice a day? I don't think they're learned any new material in years.

Why do they have to rehearse every day? Don't they play on Uriah? Don't they play every night or sometimes twice a day? I don't think they're learned any new material in years.

Remember, O Baconbra, the urgency of busywork for these folks. God forbid they try anything new and different--they might just get ideas. Ideas that have nothing to do with Jesus.

I'm blushing.

And rewarding you with more from Pirate Steve.

Look in your chore pack, and make sure you get everything in there done:

- swab deck

- feed parrot

- polish cap'n Steve's spare wooden leg

- wash eyepatches and bandanas

- board merchant ship, pillage

- bury treasure

- clean ceiling fans

If you don't get it all done, you'll be keelhauled -- with the love of the LORD, of course.

8tdlk.jpg

See... I imagine a parent who is big on chore lists, or chore packs (and I'd probably be one if I had kids - I am ALL about the schedule, and the To Do List) would have some FUN with the kids, maybe, on "Talk Like A Pirate Day" this way. Just make pirate versions of whatever chores they have to do (not "mop" anymore but "swab deck"!) with lots of YARRR, and put in fun tasks too (of course my lists always do already have fun tasks and hobby tasks because that's how our house runs and part of the reason for the list is to make sure the hobby isn't neglected!). Build some good vocabulary too. Maybe have theme days for various times even...

Everything is more fun if it's a game.

But yeah separately from that I'm kinda laughing at the idea of someone having "pillage neighboring village" on a To Do List... :D

I don't see Aunt Tami (Terri's sister) commenting very much on the blog anymore. I wonder why.

I've been wondering that too... Maybe she does comment but Steve-O wont publish her thoughts. Think about it - Steve M. as your in-law... :?

I've got to wonder, now that the kids are grown and only Mary remains in school, what's on the current schedule? Taking care of the the family biz certainly can't take up a lot of time so seriously, WTF do they DO all day--especially the wimmins and girls? At this point, it's got to be all busy work and bible study. No hobbies, no outside reading, no time alone, no entertainment, just a whole lotta of nuthin, dreaming about marriage that might never happen and planning your matching outfits for the week. What a stultifying existence.

I was feeling a bit down today, then I checked this thread and Pirate Steve cheered me right up -- thanks, you wonderful people! :)

Mississippi went awesome, as expected. No thesaurus in Maxwell land. TEverything and everyone is awesome! They are now on their way to my neck of the woods. Quad cities then Oshkosh (Berlin, actually...for those of us who live here and know the difference).

The Lord Jesus blessed the Maxwells, as always, and a hanke toss has been given up to all the idiots who pray for them. Because, of course, without the prayers, who the hell knows what would happen driving a tour bus across the country to sell yourselves?

I can't go on Thursday but I have a really AWESOME cousin in the 'Oshkosh area' who is considering going in my place; personal recorder in hand and all.

Mississippi went awesome, as expected. No thesaurus in Maxwell land. TEverything and everyone is awesome! They are now on their way to my neck of the woods. Quad cities then Oshkosh (Berlin, actually...for those of us who live here and know the difference).

The Lord Jesus blessed the Maxwells, as always, and a hanke toss has been given up to all the idiots who pray for them. Because, of course, without the prayers, who the hell knows what would happen driving a tour bus across the country to sell yourselves?

I can't go on Thursday but I have a really AWESOME cousin in the 'Oshkosh area' who is considering going in my place; personal recorder in hand and all.

You forgot to mention the fascinating photo of someone filling up a water bottle. Ooh, come to think of it, could that be because of comments about their purchase of a case of water bottles? "Look, we're reusing them!"

Archived