IGNORED

Maxwell Conferences

Justme

Guest Anonymous

Has anyone found any interesting third-party accounts of this year's tour?

I notice that this year they have re-structured their conference offerings, taking 'homeschooling' out of the title for some groups.

Last weekend's venue, the Hazelgreen Baptist Church in Illinois has adverts for their AWANA youth groups, and the Maxwell's "Encouragement to shelter your children" conference running side by side on the home page. http://www.hazelgreenbaptist.com/ Would love to know what the attendees made of the visit, and whether it will impact numbers at the youth club. :mrgreen:

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you scroll down to the pictures from the WI conference you will see something VERY disturbing. There is a picture of Terry and another lady. The lady was a former Maxwell conference organizer, apparently. And she is dressed extremely inappropriately... pink shirt with CONTRASTING black buttons!!1!!!!!111! If this is the kind of evil behavior we see from their conference organizers, then I think poor Stevie is failing to make a difference in the world!

I do wish they would come to my neck of the woods so I could crash their little party!

Have to admit though Terri's had a breakthrough with the frumpers. In this picture she's wearing a sweater that actually shows she has breasts! She looks like a Vogue cover compared to daughter in law, Anna who's never seen either out of a frumper or with her hair down.

If you scroll down to the pictures from the WI conference you will see something VERY disturbing. There is a picture of Terry and another lady. The lady was a former Maxwell conference organizer, apparently. And she is dressed extremely inappropriately... pink shirt with CONTRASTING black buttons!!1!!!!!111! If this is the kind of evil behavior we see from their conference organizers, then I think poor Stevie is failing to make a difference in the world!

I do wish they would come to my neck of the woods so I could crash their little party!

Where are you seeing pictures? As of this writing there's nothing on the Maxwell blog and I'm not seeing anything on the church site.

OMG! Have the Maxwells looked at the Southside Vineyard Church website? There's specific mention of "No perfect people are expected here" The entire Maxwell family will have to stay outside! You're right, from the pictures it appears there's not a frumper to be found in this congregation. 'Twill be an eye opener (and a good one) for the "sheltered".

And they had (she quit to become a SAHM) a PAID, FEMALE worship and youth PASTOR! That alone must send Steve's head spinning.

Where are you seeing pictures? As of this writing there's nothing on the Maxwell blog and I'm not seeing anything on the church site.

The picture is from the entry three posts down, just before the DESSERT SMOOTHIES!!! post - scroll to near the end. The conference details are linked in the most recent post - click the link (that says the link - honestly, Sarah, you can do better, sweetie), which takes you to a page asking you to distribute publicity. If you click the PDF link, it takes you to the conference handout: tonight, Southside Vineyard Church, Wyoming, MI.

Also, there's a phone number listed, with Sarah as the contact person. I wish it weren't in any way creepy to consider calling her and saying Sarah, it's ok. Listen to that little voice inside you that tells you that there has to be something more to life than this. Look at how happy and glowing your youngest sister is and then look at how sad you look in pictures these days. Your smile doesn't reach your eyes any more.

They finally come to Michigan and they go to the opposite side of the state from me! Damn. Maybe someday they'll make their way over to the southeast portion.

I read about it too late. If I had more advance notice, I could have at least considered going. The fact that they are doing last minute stealth seminars may be a result of FJ paranoia!

The 'Autumn Colors' entry (a title shared with a bazillion fifth-grade essays, but never mind) begins:

This morning, I took a little walk down to a stream. I wish one could fully capture what I saw and felt.

'One'? Who was it who wrote an incisive response to the Maxwellian penchant for passive voice? I think Sarah's erasure of an autonomous subject deserves to be put in the same category.

I, too, wish YOU, SARAH MAXWELL, A HUMAN BEING WITH HER OWN MIND could capture what YOU, SARAH MAXWELL ETC. saw and felt. It ain't gonna happen till you get your own life.

The 'Autumn Colors' entry (a title shared with a bazillion fifth-grade essays, but never mind) begins:

'One'? Who was it who wrote an incisive response to the Maxwellian penchant for passive voice? I think Sarah's erasure of an autonomous subject deserves to be put in the same category.

I, too, wish YOU, SARAH MAXWELL, A HUMAN BEING WITH HER OWN MIND could capture what YOU, SARAH MAXWELL ETC. saw and felt. It ain't gonna happen till you get your own life.

I also think that Sarah thinks by using adjectives like "stately" she becomes a good writer. It kills me because she is trying so hard but is not being given any tools to become a better writer.

Okay, who had "alternator" in the Uriah Pool?

Collect your prizes at the virtual door. :mrgreen:

Heh. Came in here to ask this very question myself, you beat me to it :D

I had alternator in the pool, but I thought that was a false alarm. *hightails over to Titus2 for an update*

ETA-Dammit marmalade, it's cruel to get a woman's hopes up that she is about to meet the toaster of her dreams. It would have been so meaningful to hook up with an appliance I won from FJ. :P

There's a pic of Steve-o doing his manly duty and "fixing" it. They head a noise, dx'ed, and had to stop to fix it. I think that qualifies as a win. Bitsy Hasselbeck will personally deliver your toaster. :dance:

Guest Anonymous

I'm suspicious of the alternator issue. It got diagnosed and fixed far too quickly. I think Steve loosened the connection himself because he wanted to give Sarah something else to post on the blog besides all those defrauding self-portraits.

If the Maxwells are going to be so freewheeling, they could keep driving north. I know of a great stop for them. It might actually loosen them up a bit. Do you think that Steve-o would light some free samples? Of Whiskey, gin or liquer? It might loosen his tight, anal retentive ass up. He just needs to drive to Lake Leelanau.

Won't work? Didn't think so.

Oh wow, their fangirlz are really piling the praise high and deep regarding their almost alternate problem;

Jill S. on October 18, 2012 at 6:50 pm said:

I am continually amazed how you are able to troubleshoot automotive issues. I am curious how you learned to do all these skills particularly applying to the bus. I am guessing you taught yourselves but how?

>>>>>>>>>>

I suppose Preparing Sons is the best explanation. The short one is “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.â€

(Nice way to get a plug in for one of your books, Steve.)

and;

Johnna on October 18, 2012 at 6:58 pm said:

Mr. Maxwell has a smile on his face even during a troubled time. That is nice to see.

and;

TMichelle on October 18, 2012 at 7:15 pm said:

Thank you for sharing your days with us. I read all your posts and I very much enjoy “watching†the wonderful example of a Godly family you all provide.

You'd think it was a major tragedy the way these commentors carry on.

I had alternator in the pool,

AreteJo, you didn't loosen that connection just so you could win that toaster, did you? Shame. :naughty:

I'm suspicious of the alternator issue. It got diagnosed and fixed far too quickly. I think Steve loosened the connection himself because he wanted to give Sarah something else to post on the blog besides all those defrauding self-portraits.

I hate to defend the Maxwell's, but that is the first thing that you would (or even can) check on an alternator. I don't know about buses like Uriah, but on a car or truck, there is a clip that holds it together, and it can wiggle free if the clip is damaged (I know this from experience, LOL, my Jeep is really old and I just went through this). I do predict a 2nd alternator issue on this trip, because if the clip is damaged it will wiggle free again and the same will happen. Eventually the clip will break and it will no longer hold together.

I hate to defend the Maxwell's, but that is the first thing that you would (or even can) check on an alternator. I don't know about buses like Uriah, but on a car or truck, there is a clip that holds it together, and it can wiggle free if the clip is damaged (I know this from experience, LOL, my Jeep is really old and I just went through this). I do predict a 2nd alternator issue on this trip, because if the clip is damaged it will wiggle free again and the same will happen. Eventually the clip will break and it will no longer hold together.

Me, I'd bet on some duct tape rather than prayer...

Is anyone else excited to see what the Lord will do this weekend?

I'm thinking a few beers with his mates on Friday night, maybe a round of golf on Saturday and then I'm sure Mrs. Lord will have him out in the garden on Sunday.

This is what I replied to Sarah's question about what the Lord would do this weekend:

The Lord is going to play a couple of rounds of golf with the patriarchs, go home and enjoy a roast beef dinner afterwards with the missus.

Sunday he's going to go to early mass and then sit down and watch football. He'll have a couple of cold glasses of the best wine (not the crappy stuff the guests got early in the day) with Jesus and discuss all this stuff that people have thrown into religion that doesn't have anything to do with the Bible, chat with the Cherubim, Seraphim and have the Angel Choir sing him some new hymn tunes.

That my dear is what the Lord is going to do this weekend. And just for the heck of it, he's going to decide whether or not southern CA is going to get some measurable rain.

Peace.

Steve will delete it as soon as he reads the first sentence. Baaaaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaa

This is what I replied to Sarah's question about what the Lord would do this weekend:

The Lord is going to play a couple of rounds of golf with the patriarchs, go home and enjoy a roast beef dinner afterwards with the missus.

Sunday he's going to go to early mass and then sit down and watch football. He'll have a couple of cold glasses of the best wine (not the crappy stuff the guests got early in the day) with Jesus and discuss all this stuff that people have thrown into religion that doesn't have anything to do with the Bible, chat with the Cherubim, Seraphim and have the Angel Choir sing him some new hymn tunes.

That my dear is what the Lord is going to do this weekend. And just for the heck of it, he's going to decide whether or not southern CA is going to get some measurable rain.

Peace.

Steve will delete it as soon as he reads the first sentence. Baaaaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaa

:dance: :clap:

Archived