IGNORED

Maxwell Conferences

Justme

The trip starts just after Labor Day, which isn't that far away. Compared to season's past, this one is sparse. They have a 2 week gap in the middle with nothing happening.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the conference circuit is drying up. They used to do two big roadshows a year, now they appear to be down to only one (and a sparse one at that) and a couple of scattered one weekend trips. I think we will be starting to see the Maxwells venture more into the 1 Ton Ramp type stuff in the future.

I want to know why the weekend of wedding is still listed as available for a conference. I know the family is attending since Teri already her dress, so why would they still be able to do a conference?

Maybe they forgot to block out that weekend on their website?

If their stuff is drying up, it may also indicate their business is drying up so they need to push extra hard for whomever is still interested. I do wonder what happens if their stuff stops selling. The ITOnRamp thing may be pushed harder, although I'm not sure there's a market for even that. They could always write more books, but the market is pretty competitive and there are bigger and more professional books out there writing the same stuff.

I anticipate Steve and family will push into unknown territory in order to make money. They don't need "a lot" of money to support themselves as the house is paid off and at least some of the other kids probably earn side money (construction, photography etc). Maybe a cookbook with pictures? They've done a bit of that with their blog. Sarah will probably continue to write her books. There appears to be a market for bland, Christian children's books. Maybe the girls will start selling crafts online. The guys may start making handcrafted furniture like the Amish but that requires a certain amount of training beyond what they have. It will be interesting to see what the Maxwells will do next as their ministry appears to diminish.

maybe that could be a reason for steve to start marrying off his kids - less mouths to feed.

I think that is part of the reason. I predict that John will be married off in a couple of years.

I've been impressed with how quickly they've flipped Joseph's house. And it looks like quality work. They could earn livings as house flippers. The housing market is slowly picking up.

One of their stops is very, very close to where I live. If I can get somebody to do with me, I may drop in. But I don't own a frumper or a skirt.

One of their stops is very, very close to where I live. If I can get somebody to do with me, I may drop in. But I don't own a frumper or a skirt.

I think you should go in shorts and a bikini top! :lol: :o

I want to know why the weekend of wedding is still listed as available for a conference. I know the family is attending since Teri already her dress, so why would they still be able to do a conference?

Since they changed the wedding date in the last day or two, that's a non-issue now. What IS an issue is that Joe is the tech guy; he'll be dragged around with his bride and probably won't even get to sleep in Steve-o's bed. Yeah, they have plenty of time to make babies, but I guess they need a chance to actually get to know one another a bit. Because now I don't think those kids know each other at all.

I really think Steve is going to marry off the boys to young girls to get as many grandkids as possible. Sarah's getting pretty close to her expiration date (not to mention a money-maker) and Anna? She has SAHD written all over her. The only one I can see marrying is Mary, and I think she'll go young since by then Abby will be old enough to come over and help Mary cook and clean.

• 1 month later...

The Maxwells have posted their itinerary for their fall trip (several dates still open!).

I clicked on one of the flyers one of the churches put out advertising the Maxwells and discovered this;

About the Maxwell Family

Steve and Teri Maxwell are the parents of eight, three married. The Maxwells’

desire is to encourage, exhort, and equip Christian families.

Guess the flyer was printed before Elizabeth's last minute escape.

Also, would the FJers who are more knowledgeable than I am about grammar comment on the title of this session given by Joseph;

Who Really Is Jesus to You?

for young people by Joseph

It sounds awkward to me, and I'm wondering if it's grammatically correct.

They are going to be busy preparing for their next horse & pony show. They have *9* openings! But, it's still not to late to book them! Look at their crazy map! Penn to Louisana to Wisconsin.

Look at their crazy map!

Purely because of my own curiosity, I went to the google map route linked, switched around the order, and shaved off 1400 miles. If I'm charitable, I could guess that they were booked for some places much earlier than others, and ended up penning in dates to suit the hosts which were later found to be inconvenient for other seminars. But, Steve's an idiot who needlessly complicates everything with his totalitarian micromanaging, so I'm perfectly prepared to believe that he literally just slapped down the locales and picked the weird order himself.

OMG, I just checked their schedule and they have a 2 day conference an hour from me! I really want to go to the "How to love your husband" by Teri. I will try to talk my daughter into the "Young ladies" talk with Sarah, but I don;t think she would do it unless I paid her.

I do wonder what "The Key to Unlocking Your Future" for the young ladies could be. Sarah is 30 and she hasn;t found it yet.

OMG, I just checked their schedule and they have a 2 day conference an hour from me! I really want to go to the "How to love your husband" by Teri. I will try to talk my daughter into the "Young ladies" talk with Sarah, but I don;t think she would do it unless I paid her.

I do wonder what "The Key to Unlocking Your Future" for the young ladies could be. Sarah is 30 and she hasn;t found it yet.

Oh, I hope you can go, clibbyjo! It's been a little while since we've had a Maxwell report.

Maybe Sarah is hoping one of the young ladies can tell her how to unlock her future, 'cause she sure doesn't know.

It seems to be one of the one-page templates that reads "three married". It's in the Simpsonville, Beth Haven Church and Pacific, Mission Community Church pdfs atm.

Also, minor quibble that doesn't matter at all but I'll point it out anyway:

When registering, please specify if both husband and wife will be coming and how many children will be attending the children/young people’s sessions (i.e. 2 girls, 1 boy).
i.e. and e.g. are different things

I thought Steve would be wise enough not to do his courtship session this time around. But it looks like the poor saps

good people of Hammond, La. will be able to hear how much better courtship is than dating, and how no one ever, ever, ever gets a broken heart when they court.

Just looked at one of their seminar's PDF flyers (Homecoming Sunday?)- it states that they are the parents of 8 including THREE married children. Oops! First, who the hell highlights their number of married children? Second, who lists an anticipated number, and not an actual number?

They are a couple of hours north of me next weekend, and my husband will be out of town. I would LOVE to go (wearing weather-appropriate shorts, of course). But I'd have to miss the kids' football game. Just can't bring myself to do that. Maybe just the Friday night talks and "concert"...nope, just can't bring myself to do that either.

Oh, it looks like Uriah is going to be puttering right through my city on his way to Chicago! Unfortunately, they're not stopping anywhere downstate, so no infiltrating for me.

You go clibbyjo! Be sure to get in a few good inquiries if they have Q&A sessions. ("I greatly admire the godliness of a certain family known for managing their homes, and I just can't put their books down. Am I making an idol of this cult? Is God leading me to sell their books and ignore their blog forever?")

Oh no. They are stopping the Pittsburgh area. Only 30 minutes away. Depending on how bored I am. I might go one of the Friday night talks. Maybe Building a Vision with the parents, although, it may make want to kick Steve in the balls. I would like to ask if food control, like only allowing your adult children one sandwich each after a serious endurance hike, is part of forcing your family to follow your vision for them. I am sorry. God's vision. What other cult like methods do you employee?

They are planning a west coast tour in 2013. Could I be so lucky as to have Garlow invite them?

The Maxwells have posted their itinerary for their fall trip (several dates still open!).

I clicked on one of the flyers one of the churches put out advertising the Maxwells and discovered this;

About the Maxwell Family

Steve and Teri Maxwell are the parents of eight, three married. The Maxwells’

desire is to encourage, exhort, and equip Christian families.

Guess the flyer was printed before Elizabeth's last minute escape.

Also, would the FJers who are more knowledgeable than I am about grammar comment on the title of this session given by Joseph;

Who Really Is Jesus to You?

for young people by Joseph

It sounds awkward to me, and I'm wondering if it's grammatically correct.

Me too. Let's try commas and changing the order of words.

Who, really, is Jesus to you?

Who is Jesus, really, to you?

Really, who is Jesus to you? (Sounds snarky.)

Who is Jesus, really? (Even snarkier.)

Perhaps he means: "Who is the real Jesus, to you?

I thought Steve would be wise enough not to do his courtship session this time around. But it looks like the poor saps

good people of Hammond, La. will be able to hear how much better courtship is than dating, and how no one ever, ever, ever gets a broken heart when they court.

Oh to be a fly on the wall for that! Gah!

I wonder whether they will get difficult questions, or even heckled a bit.

riffle

Oh to be a fly on the wall for that! Gah!

I wonder whether they will get difficult questions, or even heckled a bit.

riffle

I thought someone who attended their "show" posted that they don't do a q&a. After all, they tell you everything you need in a clear and concise manner. No need to think, just follow. :pray:

Archived