IGNORED

Maxwell Bedroom

deborahlynn1979

There is a picture of Mary in the latest blog, standing in what I assume to be the girls' room. It looks like two of them (I'm figuring it's Anna and Mary) sleep on bunk beds. Can you imagine? At least poor Sarah gets her own bed. What must it be like to be a 30 year old woman sharing a room with your sisters? Ack!

Edit to add: Is this the first time we've seen a bedroom on the blog? The boys have hideous quilts on at least one bed.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, bunk beds at, what? 16 and 19? Sheesh. And the bed in the "boy's" room looks pretty small for a grown man.

No wonder poor Christopher looks so much happier now that he's out of there. And I can't blame Joseph for rushing things.

Is the girls' walls green or tan? I really can't tell. I hope it's green, cause I'm so tired of their bland all beige house.

The question that came to my mind is why the boys' jeans are laid out like that on the bed. They look like they are in a "drying position" but who dries clothes on a made bed? They also look a bit defrauding with the crotch so prominently displayed. Hello, Joe! :)

The whole switch gears into travel prep is humorous. Why the heck are they renting a trailer? Don't they have a utility trailer for the construction business they can use? And what the hell is up with wrapping each individual portion of food??? Gah these folks are so cray cray.

There is a picture of Mary in the latest blog, standing in what I assume to be the girls' room. It looks like two of them (I'm figuring it's Anna and Mary) sleep on bunk beds. Can you imagine? At least poor Sarah gets her own bed. What must it be like to be a 30 year old woman sharing a room with your sisters? Ack!

Edit to add: Is this the first time we've seen a bedroom on the blog? The boys have hideous quilts on at least one bed.

No, it isn't. They've previously shown the edges of those same bunks with Xmas decorations on them, which is the first time we deduced the girls must share a room. This was years ago, too, so the room hasn't changed.

I wonder what Nathan is carrying there? The rectangular blue thing with the handle?

No, it isn't. They've previously shown the edges of those same bunks with Xmas decorations on them, which is the first time we deduced the girls must share a room. This was years ago, too, so the room hasn't changed.

I wonder what Nathan is carrying there? The rectangular blue thing with the handle?

I thought Nathan was carrying a portacot, or one of those basinets you can use to co-sleep.

I think the room sharing is to stop the children ever ever being alone. It could lead to masturbation and other dirty things. Had to imagine a house with 6 adult children and no self pleasuring. Ever.

I think the room sharing is to stop the children ever ever being alone. It could lead to masturbation and other dirty things. Had to imagine a house with 6 adult children and no self pleasuring. Ever.

On the other hand, if they've always been together they might just do it anyway, either silently/secretly OR just aware of each other doing it. Regular people sharing a room due to economic circumstances can manage.

...though I'm sure they've been brainwashed to consider such "hobbies" sinful and evil and goodness knows what else, so maybe not.

ETA: Makes me wonder if they have time in the bathroom alone. That is enough, after all.

Mary really is very pretty. Cute apron too. I nearly bought a spotty apron recently, but then I thought it might be too fundie.

Mary really is very pretty. Cute apron too. I nearly bought a spotty apron recently, but then I thought it might be too fundie.

I love love LOVE polka dots and always have, but I'm very secular and from the other side of the world from the Maxwells, if it helps. Those aprons are great I agree too!

I love love LOVE polka dots and always have, but I'm very secular and from the other side of the world from the Maxwells, if it helps. Those aprons are great I agree too!

Oh, me too! Maybe I should get one then :mrgreen:

How big is their house? They had a chance to build a house to their specifications and they should have built one that gave each older child their own bedroom instead of having them share one like young children. I feel Sarah should at least have her own bedroom given her age. It looks like she shares the room with her younger sisters. The boys' room also seems geared for someone much younger. I know plenty of people share a bed/bedroom with siblings the world over but most people do it out of economic necessity. I just find what the fundies do sometimes verging on the ridiculous. I think it's pretty clear the Maxwell kids, deprived of outside activities, friends and hobbies live in this weird existence where they show adult-like maturity in their work but otherwise live and think like small children. I guess that makes them easy prey for Steve.

I really hope they are atleast allowed to go to the toilet on their own. And I hope they make the most of their private time in there ;)

How big is their house? They had a chance to build a house to their specifications and they should have built one that gave each older child their own bedroom instead of having them share one like young children. I feel Sarah should at least have her own bedroom given her age. It looks like she shares the room with her younger sisters. The boys' room also seems geared for someone much younger. I know plenty of people share a bed/bedroom with siblings the world over but most people do it out of economic necessity. I just find what the fundies do sometimes verging on the ridiculous. I think it's pretty clear the Maxwell kids, deprived of outside activities, friends and hobbies live in this weird existence where they show adult-like maturity in their work but otherwise live and think like small children. I guess that makes them easy prey for Steve.

This! I've been following the whole Liz/Joe courtship debacle on the other threads. After seeing the toddler size beds Steve makes his adult offspring sleep in, I am convince poor Joe wanted to rush into marriage just so he could have a normal sized bed. I really do hope that they make the most of their private time in the bathroom! :lol:

Surely they have more than a 3 bedroom house?! Basing that thought on the girls and boys each sharing a room. We all know LORD Stevie made a ton off Boeing.

Also, the pack n play is the worst 80 bucks I ever spent. That thing didn't fold correctly after maybe the 3rd time we used it, and the boys never liked it. Then again, I didn't blanket train them.

Sarah once shared an anecdote about talking with Mary and Anna, then making to leave the room, and new conversation topics kept coming up so she couldn't leave the room! HAHAHA, how they laughed, oh you crazy Maxwells. Based on that, I thought Mary and Anna shared a room and Sarah had her own :( ugh, poor them.

The thought of being a 30-year-old woman who still lives at home with mommy and daddy is unsettling enough. The thought of being a 30-year-old woman who still lives at home with mommy and daddy and has to share a room with two (considerably) younger sisters is just freaking creepy. Granted, living at home is often a matter of necessity in this economic climate, but anyone I know who's forced into that position has full autonomy and privacy, and is treated like the ADULT she/he is. Why does this family insist on infantilizing its adult children under the guise of sheltering and protecting? And what kind of psychological warfare would one have to wage on a child to make him or her accept this treatment as the norm?

The whole switch gears into travel prep is humorous. Why the heck are they renting a trailer? Don't they have a utility trailer for the construction business they can use? And what the hell is up with wrapping each individual portion of food??? Gah these folks are so cray cray.

that way Steve can see how much each person eats. Remember some of his kids have the same sin of glutony that he has. They think food is necessary for survival.

I'm mostly struck by how boring their room is. When I was a teenager, I had posters covering the walls, books everywhere. Anyone who stuck their heads in the room would have known immediately that a teenager lived there. There is absolutely nothing that we can see in that room that would give anyone even a remote clue as to what kind of person lives there.

AH YOU GUYS. My parents have the same bedding in their log cabin (in one of the guest rooms) as the Maxwell boys!! Granted, I think it fits in as part of a New England log cabin in the woods better than a suburban KS house, but still! We think like the Maxwells. I'm going to need some brain bleach.

NR Anna looks so happy! Christopher did a good job picking a girl that would be satisfied with that kind of lifestyle. Unlinke Elizabeth Munck.

Archived