IGNORED

Maxwell family got a new toy! Playground!

YPestis

Sounds like Christopher has veered from Steve's teachings. A playground for Baby Joshua and the cousins??? How is that boy going to learn how to work when there are swings in his backyard? Isn't he a month old now? He ought to be helping daddy with odd jobs around the house already! :P

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like Christopher has veered from Steve's teachings. A playground for Baby Joshua and the cousins??? How is that boy going to learn how to work when there are swings in his backyard? Isn't he a month old now? He ought to be helping daddy with odd jobs around the house already! :P

Ah, but that's the whole point -- it won't be in HIS back yard, it will be in Steve and Teri's back yard. So Joshua will have to complete his Chore Pak in order to go to his grandparents' house.

Do we take for granted having a home to live in, an awesome family, food, vehicles to transport us places, doctors to care for our health needs, police to protect us, soliders who are placing their lives on the line for our freedom, and the list goes on?

Serious riffles here...

That playground set is absolutely amazing, I could never have dreamed of having anything like that as a kid! In that regard, those little girls are very lucky.

I'm sure soldiers, doctors and police officers are glad to be put in the same category as a swing set for their nieces and nephew.

Ah, but that's the whole point -- it won't be in HIS back yard, it will be in Steve and Teri's back yard. So Joshua will have to complete his Chore Pak in order to go to his grandparents' house.

We all know that grandpa will supervise it in case there is a case of the FUNZ.

Let me guess that they got the playground equipment for the aunties' park so the kids don't have to go to an actual park and meet other kids or get defrauded by another kid in shorts. :roll:

That was my first thought too. Going to the park is one of their few chances to meet children of their own age and potentially socialize with them. Or at least it's a chance to get an idea that the way they live is not normal. They may allow their kids play time, but having friends is like the worst thing ever for them. Got to make sure the little Maxwells only interact with the "elderly"!

Another thought I had was that the auntie's park was to give the aunties something else to do, because they may have realized how empty of actual substance and activity their lives really are. Playing with their nieces and nephew are probably as close to fun as the aunties are allowed to have.

The compound "auntie's park" is definitely a way to keep the kids away from other kids. There's a great park near my house "blue slide park" is how its known. It's a Maxwell nightmare. Orthodox Jewish kids playing alongside the kids from the Catholic prep school. And then the public school kids. Oy vey.

Great park because they have stuff for very small kids and for larger kids....

I can just imagine how much less of the world those kids will know now. I cannot imagine how awful a life is when you are only allowed to socialize with your first cousins. There is so little for these kids to explore and discover. They'll live out their days constantly watched and supervised. THey won't have the chance to pick out a book or go to a cultural event. No playing with or talking to other kids from other families unless its at some cruddy homeschooling conference (will the kids even be allowed to go to these?) . Spinster aunts who will over mother you because their chance at children was taken away from them by an imperious father.

No education or way to really leave the compound when you're older, even if you get over the fear of the outside world that has been instilled in you. What a sh*tty life.

On the other hand I suspect that for them the public park was possibly never an option, so without this thing they would not have gone to the public park (at least when there might be other kids there) but rather not have played on swings and the like at all. So in that sense I suppose it's a good thing.

I will say personal backyard equipment sure seems to have improved from the hollow rusty metal tubes I recall from the 70's.

(Which I never had - I went to a municipal park with good high swings and played the heck out of it!!)

Hospitals full of sick people, famines, droughts, poverty, over population, wars, global warming and god has time to gift them a play structure. Such speshul snowflakes.

I can just imagine how much less of the world those kids will know now. I cannot imagine how awful a life is when you are only allowed to socialize with your first cousins. There is so little for these kids to explore and discover. They'll live out their days constantly watched and supervised. THey won't have the chance to pick out a book or go to a cultural event. No playing with or talking to other kids from other families unless its at some cruddy homeschooling conference (will the kids even be allowed to go to these?) . Spinster aunts who will over mother you because their chance at children was taken away from them by an imperious father.

But isn't this a step up from the current situation? It seems like the first generation Maxwell kids didn't have any "like-minded" cousins to socialize with on a regular basis, all they had were siblings. So while I agree with you that a life where you are only allowed to socialize with your first cousins is pretty bad, it does seem like a slight improvement.

How old is Steve? Isn't he in his 60s so maybe his tight control should slacken due to age and decreasing stamina and energy in the next five to ten years. I have great hopes that more and more freedom will be coming to the family. (I know I'm a glass half full kind of person.)

Lauffing

My

Popo

Off!!!! Which of us did this????

Ned & Maud on August 6, 2012 at 2:20 am said:

Buy used and save the difference!

Blessings

Ned & Maud

I know that the maxwell have a lot of snark worthy practices but I give them a pass on their self centered attitude about prayers. I guess that's because our family has a very close friend who is fundie lite and talks like that. She believe in a personal god and that He is involved in her day to day activity. Our friend has asked God for very mundane things. She is nothing like the maxwells or other fundies. She loves to socialize with people of different faiths and doesn't evangelize or stick her nose up at nonChristians. However, I think there are certain Christians who believe in praying for small things in their Iives and that god will even answer the most mundane request. I think it comes from the idea of a personal God, not so much that their life is so much more important than world peace. The maxwells are different than our fundie lite friend because they seem so self-centered, only focusing on themselves and ignoring the oer people's problems. When was the last time they prayed for those lives beyond their small, small world?

Lauffing

My

Popo

Off!!!! Which of us did this????

That could be serious. I think a FJer would have signed it "Harold and Maude." :lol:

Ah, but Ned and Maude are from the Simpsons.

I think the sisters posted over there before and perhaps Ned and Maude. FJ at it's best.

But isn't this a step up from the current situation? It seems like the first generation Maxwell kids didn't have any "like-minded" cousins to socialize with on a regular basis, all they had were siblings. So while I agree with you that a life where you are only allowed to socialize with your first cousins is pretty bad, it does seem like a slight improvement.

You totally have a point. I didn't think of it that way. And the cousins will have some variation in how they are raised so maybe they will mix and maybe over there at the playground they might discuss things and form some of their own opinions.

I also wondered after I wrote if having the spinster aunties and a variety of homeschooling moms might not mean some individual attention at the SOTDRT? Maybe instead of a 12 yr old being educated alongside a 5 yr old they might be split up in age appropriate groups. Then again their educators barely have any education themselves so it will still suck.

Toria, Mary, and Mrs. C were the compiling team. I ran the shrink-wrap machine. As we worked, we enjoyed sweet fellowship!

From their new post.

Can't help imagining a big lesbian frumper orgy.

FJ, you make me think bad things!

Ah, but Ned and Maude are from the Simpsons.

D'OH!!!!! :oops:

(but in my defense, Steve is a lot more like Ned Flanders than Harold - or the elderly Maude) :mrgreen:

Not every town has parks I grew up in a town with one park and it wasn't very well maintained so we never went. That is a kick ass playground. It looks like a Rainbow playset they are amazing and $$$ JEALOUS!

That could be serious. I think a FJer would have signed it "Harold and Maude." :lol:

I am sure someone else will catch this, but Ned and maud are the simpson's neighbors, the very religious Flanders. Who aren't big fans of fun....

Will not feel the need to be absolutely correct in this and spoil anyone :)

I think Steve and Teri are expecting a fast growing brood of grandchildren. Melanie and Nathan were married for six years with no kids and each successive pregnancy has been 'easier'. Christopher and Anna have fairly quickly produced a child. Now, their third son is getting married, and it's logical to assume the two won't have too much fertility problems. With other eligible children, I'm sure Steve and Teri are anticipating a barrage of grandkiddies. Plus, it appears their attitude is to have each child live close to home. This will mean Casa Maxwell will be the center for any family get-together. The playground is probably not a bad idea for such a large family if all the sons are planning on being within walking distance of each other and the daughters are still unmarried. I guess this is one more way for Steve to maintain his family togetherness.

Guest Anonymous

I am sure someone else will catch this, but Ned and maud are the simpson's neighbors, the very religious Flanders. Who aren't big fans of fun....

Will not feel the need to be absolutely correct in this and spoil anyone :)

It's gotta be johnhugh. I don't know how he hasn't been ip-banned yet. :lol:

Archived