IGNORED

Maxwell family got a new toy! Playground!

YPestis

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Review for Managers of their Homes: Amazon is still approving it. I really should go back to writing my paper instead :-)

My homeschool mom friends and I love to chip in with our thrifty book budgets and share books. We don't take our kids to the library because of the heathen novels from godless authors like Charles Dickens that populate the shelves.

Instead we have set up our own! And Managers of their homes is on those shelves! Us Moms photocopy the chore charts that the Maxwell family publishes and use them to organize our blessings into an efficient house keeping team! 3 of the 4 hours of our school day is devoted to teaching our lovely girls to keep house. We find that Managers of their homes really helps the girls schedule their day so that their focus is on learning to be great housekeepers as well as Bible educated young women who will pass on the gospel to their children. Math, Science and that other garbage is scheduled in too. We have used the scheduling tips in order to efficiently squeeze in this nonsense so that the kids pass the state exams and the authorities stay out of our hair.

Haha! What is the bet that all those 'despite reading negative reviews here, I bought it anyway and it is AMAZING' are err Steve?

This is brilliant as Steve can't control Amazon! And the kind of folks who buy these books probably are not well versed at detecting satire.

They're all brilliant but this one is my favourite:

I was a bit skeptical of this book at first, as our family are Satanists and the title implys it's strictly for Christians. However, I'm happy to say that this is not the case at all! I simply blacked out all referrences to Jesus or The LORD with a sharpie, changed the name to Lucifer, and "whalla", problem solved.

Thank you, Maxwells, for helping me combine my love of homeschooling with my worship of the Dark Lord. Hail Satan!

:lol:

"I borrowed this book from my local library, along with a few other books on scheduling, in an attempt to bring order to my large family's life!

With 13 children, my household takes a lot of organising and I was hoping this book would be the help I needed. However, after praying with my husband, I feel I must "speak the truth in love" and confess that this particular schedule is not the Lord's leading for our quiver in this season of our lives.

Although we liked the overall idea of scheduling each hour of each child's day into 15-minute increments of godly activity, my husband was particularly concerned by the brightly coloured papers that are recommended for creating the planner, as seen on the cover of the book.

We are committed to raising godly, diligent children whose lives are caught between the Rock of fruitful labour and the Hard Place of meaningful activity. We do not allow our children to flirt with colour in their clothing choices and my husband is unwilling to have a multi-coloured swap shop of a planner attached to our kitchen wall, lest it become an eye-trap, causing our children to confuse work with play, and stumble and stray from the plans we have for them.

Instead of following Mrs Maxwell's schedule, we are continuing with our tried and tested method of having each child write out their daily schedule with chalk on slate at the start of the school year, and having each one recite their expected daily tasks to us after morning bible time, before they are allowed to eat breakfast."

Okay, who was the brilliant one of us behind this one? LOLOLOLOL!

These reviews are hilarious! At last, posts that the Maxwells can't edit out! I always hated how they refused to entertain disagreements (however ridiculous or slight) because it was "their" website. Yet, I wonder if they realize by having such a heavy hand in suppressing constructive criticisms, they shoot themselves in the foot. You can't get what your clients want unless you hear their honest feedbacks. And people won't feel like giving you feedback if you insist on editing or deleting negative posts.

Steve is gonna have steam blowing out his ears.

Let's all wait for Steve's next blog post where we can read a 'secret' message to the FJians who reviewed the book. :lol:

Steve is gonna have steam blowing out his ears.

Let's all wait for Steve's next blog post where we can read a 'secret' message to the FJians who reviewed the book. :lol:

Honestly, I'm not all that confident that he's got the writing skills to write a "secret" message. I'd like to see him just a full-out "You people who don't believe in me are going straight to hell" kind of message. Because then he'll finally be outed that he reads here and we'll just all get it on the table. He chose to be a public figure by dragging his dog and pony show all over the country in that big-assed bus and peddling his wares and now he really needs to start humbling himself publicly that he's got some detractors and that even just ONCE he's thought about that he might just not be right afterall.

:lol: Word must be getting round as there are now a half dozen or so 'unhelpful' ratings on each of our reviews. :lol:

It's a game! Woot! Bring it on, Steve! :)

I was hoping that they got a sex toy. Just a swing set what a let down.

Archived