IGNORED

Maxwell family got a new toy! Playground!

YPestis

I posted a friendly comment saying nice things about the play set and pointing out that it should be aunties' rather than auntie's. My comment didn't get approved, but the title has miraculously been fixed. :roll:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted a friendly comment saying nice things about the play set and pointing out that it should be aunties' rather than auntie's. My comment didn't get approved, but the title has miraculously been fixed. :roll:

:)

Here is the comment I posted on their Kindle book post:

"I am very pleased about this! I am also glad that you decided to support a company (Amazon) which, like Apple is steadfast in its support of marriage equality and equal rights for all God's people!Actions indeed do speak louder than words! Best of luck with the book!"

It will never see the light of day but, at least I hope it annoys the crap out of Steve. What an asshole hypocrite he is!

Great work! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I guess Steve thinks since the world is so corrupt, sometimes you have to tangle with the Devil to shine some light into such dark places. I'm sure Steve is aware that his values are so fringe that it's hard to do anything if he avoided anyone with differing values. Then again, given the family's isolation, it wouldn't be surprising if the family is just oblivious to the state of gay rights and other social issues. They know that abortion is still legal, but other than that, are they even aware of the increasing acceptance of gay marriage? Or females in the workplace? I often compare the Maxwells to the Amish in terms of their lack of awareness. They get their news through right wing pamphlets that concerns itself primarily with abortion and homeschooling. Aside from those items, I can't imagine they would stay informed of the rest of the going on's in the world. I bet any of their kids would be in for a shock if they actually ventured out to the world.

Somebody left ***** and that comment on amazon.com and it's hilarious. Must have been an FJer. :lol:

At last this novel has been made into kindle format as I find it such an idol to have hard books.

Just reading it made me want to reach for a fizzy drink as I realised we were not the only Mum's who faced up to sheltering our children from the world.

This book is a five animal cracker out of five.

Guest Anonymous

:lol: Fab! I think we should all give johnhugh our support to make that the 'most helpful' review: http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A3 ... _cr_pr_pdp

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Maxwell PR Campaign is at full strength in the blog comments:

Comment on Kindle eBook, Anna’s Project is Done! by Tewauna

How exciting! Any plans to convert any other books to ebooks?

>>>>>>>>>

We don’t know.

:whistle:

Somebody left ***** and that comment on amazon.com and it's hilarious. Must have been an FJer. :lol:

Also well done! I just went and marked it as "helpful". Bwah ha ha!

So, I guess going the Kindle route with their books will lower their income some, but also allow them to travel with less copies in paper format, right? I wonder how Uriah feels about this? Afterall, doesn't lowering their inventory of books diminish his importance as a transporter of wares?

Hmmm, so the Maxwells won't have anything to do with Yahoo because they so disagree with its' content, but Amazon's fine?

I C$n't im$gine why th$t i$, c$n you?

ETA: Oh yay! As an Amazon Prime member I can borrow it for free!

Hmmm, so the Maxwells won't have anything to do with Yahoo because they so disagree with its' content, but Amazon's fine?

I C$n't im$gine why th$t i$, c$n you?

ETA: Oh yay! As an Amazon Prime member I can borrow it for free!

OMG, I've got Prime, too. And certainly Stevie missed this loophole -- he's probably not making money off the free rentals!

OMG, I've got Prime, too. And certainly Stevie missed this loophole -- he's probably not making money off the free rentals!

That's what I'm thinking too.

Guest Anonymous

Please do, ;-) And looks like I had a comment slipped through the net too... Stevie... you are slipping :clap:

Are JAN your initials, by any chance? :lol:

Please do, ;-) And looks like I had a comment slipped through the net too... Stevie... you are slipping :clap:

I love the reference to the fizzy drink. LOL! And when I read that I understood it to mean The Idol (Pepsi), but I was also reminded that in the Gene Wilder version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and Grandpa got in trouble by imbibing the Fizzy Lifting Drinks (and boy didn't they learn to burp when they got close to that fan that would have chopped them to bits). Pretty sure Stevie has never seen the movie and certainly wouldn't allow his kids to either. Not sure why I'm even talking about this, but it gave me a good memory of a movie I adored.

Guest Anonymous

The commenters are such a bunch of numpties, it must be hard to tell who is spoofing:

Patti Jo on November 27, 2012 at 11:52 pm said:

YAY Anna!! How exciting to see your project completed! And how wonderful that this book will now reach even more readers (those needing or desiring the ebook format).

Esther on November 28, 2012 at 4:25 am said:

Wonderful!

I’ll spread the news at this site of the ocean.

Are JAN your initials, by any chance? :lol:

OMG, the Jan C. comment! LOLOLOLOL!

And, just in case it gets deleted before you get a chance to see it, here it is:

"What a blessing that it was laid onto your heart to write this for your Mummy.

It is a lesson and a blessing that that we should lie under him and serve him till he comes.

Jan C"

OMG, the Jan C. comment! LOLOLOLOL!

And, just in case it gets deleted before you get a chance to see it, here it is:

"What a blessing that it was laid onto your heart to write this for your Mummy.

It is a lesson and a blessing that that we should lie under him and serve him till he comes.

Jan C"

Give that girl a chocolate coin! :clap: :lol:

I have been learking here for some time. I had to post now because I am laughing so hard at this one.

When I read the post on the Maxwell blog I knew it was a Free Jinger member. Way to go!

Guest Anonymous

Welcome to the fold, kitandmike! :D

But... I hate to break it to you.... you do know where you'll go now, if you die tonight? :twisted:

Welcome to the fold, kitandmike! :D

But... I hate to break it to you.... you do know where you'll go now, if you die tonight? :twisted:

Welcome Kitandmike! And just in case you are confused by the question, the simple answer is we are all going straight to hell, but the handbasket we'll be riding in is a Longaberger and you really can't go wrong arriving in style. We'll be having a signup for the meet-n-greet in hell and we'll plan to see you on 12/21/12 when the world ends. Please bring an hors d'oeuvres to share. Maybe even cookie pizza.

Stevie :naughty: making all the children and the reversals leave 5/5 ratings on Amazon is not God's tue path....

Yes, perhaps we should leave some corrective yet accurate reviews.

I guess Steve thinks since the world is so corrupt, sometimes you have to tangle with the Devil to shine some light into such dark places. I'm sure Steve is aware that his values are so fringe that it's hard to do anything if he avoided anyone with differing values. Then again, given the family's isolation, it wouldn't be surprising if the family is just oblivious to the state of gay rights and other social issues. They know that abortion is still legal, but other than that, are they even aware of the increasing acceptance of gay marriage? Or females in the workplace? I often compare the Maxwells to the Amish in terms of their lack of awareness. They get their news through right wing pamphlets that concerns itself primarily with abortion and homeschooling. Aside from those items, I can't imagine they would stay informed of the rest of the going on's in the world. I bet any of their kids would be in for a shock if they actually ventured out to the world.

I totally agree that he probably sees supporting these companies as a compromise he has to make to more effectively get his message out. However, I think it is important to call him on his hypocrisy nonetheless!

Archived