IGNORED

Maxwell family got a new toy! Playground!

YPestis

So if you pray, google something you want to buy, pray, find it, pray, ask your dad for the money*, pray, ask your brothers and father to transport it for you, pray, get your brothers and father to set it up, you have yourself a project. WOW.

* I have no clue who paid for the bargain playset from the lord, but sure as shit she didn't pop off to the bank all by her lonesome.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've thought that too!! Steve would love it if all the "non immediate" families hadmto link their backyards with his.

OMG Don't give him ideas! Although I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case... *shudder*

It's a Rainbow playset and NOT cheap. Looks in great condition, too. A set new like that costs $3 to $4,000 easy.

They bought it used, from a church daycare, before they left on their last horse & pony show. It's in one of their blogs. They didn't pay very much for it.

Guest Anonymous

I've thought that too!! Steve would love it if all the "non immediate" families hadmto link their backyards with his.

I think Christopher's and Teri's parent's houses do back on to it.

I thought the original blog post was that Christopher found the playset on Craig's List so I'm not sure why assembling it is Anna's project. It's a nice set, surely. I wonder since it was being used for non-Maxhell children to play if they had an exorcism for it before Abigail and Bethany were allowed to play on it?

Guest Anonymous

Anna's project because she wrote it in her prayer journal, researched it and spent her (and Sarah's) pin money buying it.

Their land is huge. There really is room to build a family compound. :shock:

Oh, that's right. The prayer journal. I'm sure she's not allowed to peruse Craig's List herself, so that's why I remember Christopher finding it.

I thought the 'Lord' provided it.

I must be really naive cos' when I think of the lord providing I kind of think of things dropping from a great height, or poof, just there.

The Maxwell version is 2nd hand and an afternoon of dismantling. OR some dead person's furniture. Requiring picking up.

That's not the 'Lord' providing that's called poncing 2nd hand stuff, and house clearance. They spend too much time putting little prayers in their bibles about the things that tend to just happen to people anyway.

If it's Anna's project what the heck are those other folks doing with the hammers and drivers?

she prayed! she's basically the heart of the project without whom nothing would have happened! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

she prayed! she's basically the heart of the project without whom nothing would have happened! :lol:

Amen! It proves she's a diligent godly young woman with a FULL LIFE and a happy servant's heart. SHELTERING WORKS, PEOPLE!111!1

Hmmm....The Lord told me to get my Christmas presents from eBay this year, because it's cheaper. And lo! after much prayer, I went on eBay, and behold, things were being offered for sale!

That is one big play set. Tunnel slide and everything. Bit jealous really, until I remember it's the biggest thing in their lives to date.

On a different note, I'm doing my dissertation on the whole Victorian concept of the ideal woman as 'the angel in the house', and seriously,when I was studying today all I could think of were the Maxwell women.... :lol:

edit for silly punctuation

I was really hoping that Anna was going to write some more atrocious Maxwell family based "literature". I feel like we've exhausted mocking the Moodys and was hoping for more... :-(

I think Christopher's and Teri's parent's houses do back on to it.

The elders' home may be contingent but IIRC Christopher's and Mrs. Christopher's* does not. It is on the street that intersects the mothership's street, and down a door or two.

However I"m not remembering where Nathan's is.

At first I thought, "This must mean that Anna really is on the market: not only can she cook but she can organize a small construction project. (Never mind that her brothers might have had to answer to her, a mere female.)"

Then the name of the Big Love park really took hold: The Aunties Park. As in, The Aunties will be living in the mothership house 'til they die, like proper sheltered SAHDs used to do. Poor Sarah, be nice to Reversal Anna and Mary the First: they'll be wiping the soup from your chin in a few decades. :(

*she only exists to give love to Chris, not to receive any herself, remember the T-giving blog?

I was really hoping that Anna was going to write some more atrocious Maxwell family based "literature". I feel like we've exhausted mocking the Moodys and was hoping for more... :-(

I was hoping she was compiling a database of available young fundie men for herself and her sisters.

It's probably the most constructive thing she could do with her ITonRamp experience

OMG Don't give him ideas! Although I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case... *shudder*

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lord puts it upon him to build underground tunnels between all the non-immediate family houses and the mother ship. Then they really wouldn't run the risk of being defrauded by their heathen neighbors!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lord puts it upon him to build underground tunnels between all the non-immediate family houses and the mother ship. Then they really wouldn't run the risk of being defrauded by their heathen neighbors!

LOL! He'd be following in the footsteps of the old organized crime families in nearby Kansas City, Missouri, where subeterranean tunnels connected house upon house so that watching feds couldn't see who came and went. This dates back to the 1950s and '60s.

Guest Anonymous

The elders' home may be contingent but IIRC Christopher's and Mrs. Christopher's* does not. It is on the street that intersects the mothership's street, and down a door or two.

However I"m not remembering where Nathan's is.

At first I thought, "This must mean that Anna really is on the market: not only can she cook but she can organize a small construction project. (Never mind that her brothers might have had to answer to her, a mere female.)"

Then the name of the Big Love park really took hold: The Aunties Park. As in, The Aunties will be living in the mothership house 'til they die, like proper sheltered SAHDs used to do. Poor Sarah, be nice to Reversal Anna and Mary the First: they'll be wiping the soup from your chin in a few decades. :(

*she only exists to give love to Chris, not to receive any herself, remember the T-giving blog?

I'm fairly sure Christopher's house (lived in but not owned by NRAnna :whistle: ) does back onto the right hand side of the compound because the naughtier among us looked it up on google earth once. About 4-5 houses back onto it. Nathan and family live further up and across the road, at least 100yards away- sinful heathens. :o

anniec, another of the naughtier FJians with another knack for maps.google, writes,

I'm fairly sure Christopher's house (lived in but not owned by NRAnna ) does back onto the right hand side of the compound because the naughtier among us looked it up on google earth once. About 4-5 houses back onto it. Nathan and family live further up and across the road, at least 100yards away- sinful heathens.

Map I've got shows a whole 400 feet from the mothership to Nathan's, then 148 feet from Nate's to Chris's. Nate and Chris are on the same street, around the corner from mothaw and papaww.

But that's not why I post this. I post this because in addition to showing 'MAXWELL AND SON CONSTRUCTION" at the intersection where one makes the turn to go to the boys' homes, it also shows KANSAS AIRCRAFT CORPORATION. Hmmm? Steve-o not being completely forthright and disclosing about his income streams?????

AlsoTheDriveTimeFromPointAtoPointBtoPointCis26Seconds. Not that I checked! :D Way to keep 'em close, Steve.

ETA: The grandparents live in a house inbetween Nate's and Chris's.

They may be next-door neighbors of one boy or the other.

When I was little, my grandfolks and two of my mom's siblings lived in houses on three of four lots on one side of the street. Another two married siblings lived in a 2-family apartment building 6/10th of a mile away. One sibling lived out of state, go figure. So I feel a little weird being interested in the Maxwells' situations - the difference being, my mom's generation CHOSE to live near the 'rents and the rest of their family (with one exception), and none of my ancestors were into world domination. IN fact, they encouraged our generation to go to school, get jobs and buy our own homes where our hearts and careers and preferences took us. So that's my interest in Maxhell ... it's so familiar, yet so exceedingly creepily foreign.

I remember the Maxwells when they went to that church that owned the play set. The boys spent an afternoon taking it apart and towing it home. It's a very nice playset and definitely perfect for large families with many young children. I guess planning its assembly was Anna's job. How nice.

I suspect Steve bought this set because he anticipates much more grandchildren. Melanie seem to finally have overcome her fertility issues. NR-Anna is pretty fertile too and have years of childbearing ahead. Plus, the younger children are approaching marriageable age.

Steve, in his zeal to create his own cult and protect kids from FUN, probably figured a nice play set is a good investment to prevent any accidental socializing on the playground. A play set is probably Steve's way of making sure his grandkids will all come to his house for any outdoors activity. I'm sure his fantasy is to create a Maxwell compound where the entire clan creates a mini-town within the town. Not really possible in reality but Steve seems to be trying hard to emulate that. I really hope one of his kids blows up in his face and walks away from all this craziness. Maybe a few grandkids out there watching SpongeBob and reading Harry Potter is what it takes to snap the rest of the Maxwells out of their crazy existence.

Well peeps, Anna's REAL project isn't the play set or a cookbook. It's...are you ready? Converting Homeschooling With a Meek and Quiet Spirit to an ebook! Woo! Could the Moody series be far behind?

Please someone, give these people a life.

I'm actually surprised he hasn't gone cray-cray enough to go to an underground to bunker to live, like that movie Brendan Fraser did "Blast from the Past"... :|

Again, I shouldn't give him ideas!!! :whistle:

*-Edited because its BrendaN not BrendA. lol.

Here is the comment I posted on their Kindle book post:

"I am very pleased about this! I am also glad that you decided to support a company (Amazon) which, like Apple is steadfast in its support of marriage equality and equal rights for all God's people!Actions indeed do speak louder than words! Best of luck with the book!"

It will never see the light of day but, at least I hope it annoys the crap out of Steve. What an asshole hypocrite he is!

Well peeps, Anna's REAL project isn't the play set or a cookbook. It's...are you ready? Converting Homeschooling With a Meek and Quiet Spirit to an ebook! Woo! Could the Moody series be far behind?

Please someone, give these people a life.

So she's doing some typing and formatting. And that was the big project, so big we got teaser posts? Those poor girls, they have nothing in their life at all.

So this project took her what? A few hours or a few days? I converted a document to e-book format and it took me about 20 minutes. I guess they might have to spend a few days proof-reading. If this is what accounts for excitement in the Maxwell household then these are the most easily excited people in the entire world.

Archived