IGNORED

I love my large family facebook page

Witsec7

The advice some give on that page is scary:

My husband and I have 5 children ranging from 15 to 18 month old twins. I got my back broken at work when I was 5 months pregnant with my twins and was told after back surgery that it is advised we didn't have anymore children because of the possibility that it would cause more damage to my back. We really want more children and to me it is worth the risk but my husband is worried. What do all of you think?

Like · · 12 hours ago

The Lord knows what you can handle, if he opens your womb to give you more blessings then I'd have to say that He is in control and will give you strength to get through it :0)

12 hours ago via Mobile · Like · 2

Thank you

11 hours ago via Mobile · Like

l Get a second opinion! I'd do it.....but every one thinks I'm nuts anyway lol

9 hours ago via Mobile · Like · 1

I agree with you Beth! I figured it this way; I had my back broken while carrying twins having just 1 should be fine. I just need to convince the hubby that I will be fine. It's just worth it to me to try.

:shock:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh and a recipe! Hold onto your stomachs, kids.

THis isn't the "healthiest" recipe out there, but I found it in a rachel ray magazine on Saturday and made it for lunch for my kids and they loved it, and frankly- I did too. You take 3 cans of beeferoni (yes chef boyardee kind!) 1 can of corn 1 can of black beans and break up a half a bag of yellow tortilla chips and sprinkle it all over the top and then a couple dashes of cumin. I put mine in the oven until I noticed it bubbling (about 10 minutes) then pulled it out. The chips had slightly softened. It was a fun little recipe we hadn't done before and the flavors played nicely together. I'll probably make it again sometime next month to break up the mundane.

The advice some give on that page is scary:

Yeah, what do Doctors know anyway.

This conversation from an Ezzo forum is just killing me. I am almost to ugly crying. wtf is wrong with people? http://ezzo.info/resources/timeline/81- ... n-michigan

I know what you mean. The entire time I was reading that my mind was screaming, 'just pick your baby up!'

I know what you mean. The entire time I was reading that my mind was screaming, 'just pick your baby up!'

Growing Kids God's way. Let me translate that. Child Abuse.

*looks at week old Tchotchke baby, BAWLS*

My little girl is NOT manipulating me, she does not have a sinful nature. FUCK YOU Ezzo. I hope you step on a shit ton of legos. And barbie shoes.

How can they treat their children like this? If they love their kids even HALF as much as I love mine, how could they treat them like this? HOW could you do that to a little person who can't talk, or run away from you? And whose ONLY communication is crying!?!?!?

(Incidentally, Tchotchke baby doesn't cry unless she's in her car seat. She mewls like a kitten when she's hungry... She rocks my world!!!)

:shock: That is the grossest thing I have ever heard of.

Why, it makes TTC sound positively edible...

My little girl is NOT manipulating me, she does not have a sinful nature. FUCK YOU Ezzo. I hope you step on a shit ton of legos. And barbie shoes.

How can they treat their children like this? If they love their kids even HALF as much as I love mine, how could they treat them like this? HOW could you do that to a little person who can't talk, or run away from you? And whose ONLY communication is crying!?!?!?

(Incidentally, Tchotchke baby doesn't cry unless she's in her car seat. She mewls like a kitten when she's hungry... She rocks my world!!!)

No she isn't, what she's telling you is she still trusts you to respond to her needs as they arise!

Every time I read this crap (Ezzo, Pearls et al)& look at my sweet little baby, I want to shake those parents. And sob for those poor babies. I do the nearly start crying in stores when I see/hear wailing babies being totally ignored. Especially newborns.

You're little one sounds adorable. I miss the cute sounds newborns make.

Ok I dont have any other place to aay this and I am very excited but after 6 months of waiting for my body to start ovulating again I finally have my period. Most dont share my excitement but others will understand. We are desperately wanting to get pregnant and now it could finally be possible.

There was a Mom on a Parenting board I was on, that was insane about getting knocked up as fast as possible after each child. She quit Breastfeeding (like some one we all know), to get pregnant and when she wasn't pregnant 6 months Postpartum with her 4th kid, she actually started to see a fertility doctor who actually gave her drugs, to get pregnant. She wanted them as close as possible in age. It was frightening really. It's about collecting those blessings like Pokemon, not actually loving and raising them isn't it?

Did anyone read the C-section thread over there? Some of these women have 9 sections :shock:

That is just scary.

I've had three (two emergency, third voluntary when they told me that I would likely end up with one anyway if anything at all went wrong in labor), and am considering getting pregnant next year.

My doctor has told me that just being pregnant is a risk, as my uterus could rupture, and that I would have to deliver by scheduled c section at 37 weeks, be monitored all through pregnancy, and that this will absolutely have to be my last pregnancy, tubes will be tied.

Just choosing to conceive will be a very serious decision, one that we haven't made yet.

What woman in her right mind is getting pregnant after 8 c sections? Their doctors must be furious, having to deal with these self inflicted insanely high risk pregnancies.

The preeclamsia thread is scary too.

Yep--I had it for the last four of the five complete births--but not nearly as bad with the 5th even though my morning sickness was still happening the day I had her. Talked to the "Toxemia Doctor" for 2 hours by phone (he wrote that book...I forget the title!) after my fourth child was born. He called it a disease of malnutrition--because I was violently ill (especially with the girls! Hospital visits, etc.!). He said it is actually far more prevalent than we think around here--because our food isn't as pure as in some underdeveloped countries, and with more people developing issues against certain foods, we aren't getting the nutrients we need.

So really, eat like you're in a third world country- I do think that while there may be people here eating too much processed food, that even those people have more nutrients than people in most third world countries.

And just the repeated pre-eclampsia, why keep putting your life at risk?

If it is due to emesis, soak in a tub with a box of ginger sprinkled in...STOPS emesis!

and

Recent study showed that eating watermelon daily can reduce your risk by 50%...

I have no words for these.

There was one that said to use castor oil compresses on your C-section scar, 'it will pull the scar right out' :shock:

The stupid over there just burns.

There was one that said to use castor oil compresses on your C-section scar, 'it will pull the scar right out' :shock:

that sounds horrific. Imagining my scar being pulled out like a drawstring and my womb falling out.

:lol:

Awesome! Who knew it was so easy? I have a hell of a c-section scar and in conjunction with my muffin top my underpants are always getting caught between the two. It sounds like all I have to do is insert a compress there and wa-la! Thanks for the tip!

I believe there is some science to back the watermelon claim. So long as you are still seeing a perinatalogist, it's at least one of those can't hurt things, imo.

My perinatalogist used to tell me that her philosophy was that no woman should have to choose to not have a baby because of the risk factors. It was her job to get the women safely to birth. However, this same perinatalogist hugged me as she sent me to the hospital with pre-e for an induction (ended up in c-section) and informed me that for most of my last pregnancy she really wasn't sure she was going to get both baby and I to delivery alive, so she was VERY grateful that at 35 weeks she was sending me to delivery and we both survived.

If I hadn't already come to the conclusion that my body was giving up the good fight and could NEVER be taxed that way again, her words would have done it for me. But then, I had made that decision when the baby before that one had battled IUGR and had done everything humanly possible to prevent that last pregnancy in the first place.

That is just scary.

I've had three (two emergency, third voluntary when they told me that I would likely end up with one anyway if anything at all went wrong in labor), and am considering getting pregnant next year.

My doctor has told me that just being pregnant is a risk, as my uterus could rupture, and that I would have to deliver by scheduled c section at 37 weeks, be monitored all through pregnancy, and that this will absolutely have to be my last pregnancy, tubes will be tied.

Just choosing to conceive will be a very serious decision, one that we haven't made yet.

What woman in her right mind is getting pregnant after 8 c sections? Their doctors must be furious, having to deal with these self inflicted insanely high risk pregnancies.

These women really could care less if they leave their children motherless, could they? I have had 4 pregnancies. Numbers 1 and 2 were normal, healthy pregnancies (even though they they were close together). Pregnancy nunber 3 was twin boys that passed away when they were born at only 21 weeks. 3 months later I found out I was pregnant with my last child. She was born 2 months premature. All but my twins were c-sections. With my last I realized that my uterus just couldn't handle any more strain so I had my tubes tied. I wanted to be able to be there for my kids. I would have loved at least one more but I feel it is more important to be here for the children I already have. If one of these women dies in their relentless pursuit of more babies how are their remaining children going to feel? Are they going to spend their lives wondering why they weren't enough?

My friend had 3 c-sections and for the last, her doc told her that she could come back to her until no6 or 7 (she is not planning to have that many) because her uterus heals very well. Apparently it all depends on each individual woman as some women have one c-section and heal badly and should not even have a second Csec.

So , Im at the library, and what do I see for sale in the used book sale but "baby wise".

And having come straight from a la leche league meeting, I'm struck with his epic ignorance about breastfeeding. Holy shit. Apparently, if you feed your child less, the milk has more calories! Bullshit. I am tempted to purchase it so that it doesn't get in the hands of anyone who doesn't know any better, but I left my purse at home and I'm pretty sure the headship doesnt have any cash. (we worshiped the idol of the green mermaid this morning)

So , Im at the library, and what do I see for sale in the used book sale but "baby wise".

And having come straight from a la leche league meeting, I'm struck with his epic ignorance about breastfeeding. Holy shit. Apparently, if you feed your child less, the milk has more calories! Bullshit. I am tempted to purchase it so that it doesn't get in the hands of anyone who doesn't know any better, but I left my purse at home and I'm pretty sure the headship doesnt have any cash. (we worshiped the idol of the green mermaid this morning)

Hope you find enough cash on you. I love to buy dangerous books at used book sales and thrift store, and happily tear them up to go in the recycling. It feels so good, even to a book-loving person like me.

I keep one copy, so I can be accurate about how bad they are when discussing them.

Jackie Jerrolds Agnew

Just so you know, Freejinger has some spies on here. They love attacking and making fun of anyone who is pro large family.

Jackie hon, since you know where we are come on in and read a bit. You'll find that there are quite a few folks here at FJ that have large families, and home school as well. :greetings-wavingyellow:

You can barely see my scar 7 years later. Know why? I didn't have 9 more c-sections!

Jackie Jerrolds Agnew

Just so you know, Freejinger has some spies on here. They love attacking and making fun of anyone who is pro large family.

So on top of everything else, these people have completely failed at reading comprehension. It obviously has nothing to do with dangerous, maybe life-threatening pregnancies, neglecting helpless babies Ezzo-style, and not being able to financially/emotionally support a large brood. It's only about numbers to the hive. Yep.

Archived