IGNORED

I love my large family facebook page

Witsec7

Of course. Convince her that the monsters she fears are forces of darkness out to get her soul and that only praying to Jesus will protect her, instead of calming her by showing her that monsters don't exist and that nothing wants to harm her.....

Eight is quite old for those sort of night terrors. Perhaps being raised in an environment of superstition and magical thinking are part of what is causing the issue to begin with.

I would suspect that the child has other stressors. If we were dealing with my own child, that is. My advice would be to find out what is stressing the kid out (or, alternately, perhaps she has an anxiety disorder. I still have terrible nightmares and get freaked out when alone at night). And then maybe make a talisman, a symbol of the child's strength. Something to bring them comfort and help them to quickly return to a normal state after the nightmare. The child could make it herself with color and symbols that make her feel strong and unafraid.

If monster spray works, though, I see no problem with it. The Jesus recommendations are ridiculous--anyone who has interacted with a snake or spider knows that Jesus is notably ineffective.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well today we have a woman with Gestational trophoblastic disease and the posters are telling her to stop chemo since she has been dreaming of having another child.

i have known people who have had cancer to the point of death who chose not do chemo and lived. they chose to follow other ways of health. and there ways to beat cancer and not go through chemo. depending on the cancer. do your research. dont put it off like the one lady said. Adoption maybe be it. But dont settle until you find the right answer for you AND your family.

I knew when I was about 5 years old I would have 6 children. I have my 6. your intuition is never wrong. good luck.

and one lone voice of sanity.

Sorry but placental tissue can be cancerous and can be deadly . I had gestational trophoblastic disease last year and had to have chemo. Please don't give medical opinions when you don't know about something as serious as cancer. It is rare but it does happen and praise the Lord I am a survivor. I would get a second opinion prior to having a hysterectomy. But do not follow the advice of people on facebook that do not know how serious this can be.

Archived