IGNORED

I love my large family facebook page

Witsec7

I believe there is some science to back the watermelon claim. So long as you are still seeing a perinatalogist, it's at least one of those can't hurt things, imo.

My perinatalogist used to tell me that her philosophy was that no woman should have to choose to not have a baby because of the risk factors. It was her job to get the women safely to birth. However, this same perinatalogist hugged me as she sent me to the hospital with pre-e for an induction (ended up in c-section) and informed me that for most of my last pregnancy she really wasn't sure she was going to get both baby and I to delivery alive, so she was VERY grateful that at 35 weeks she was sending me to delivery and we both survived.

If I hadn't already come to the conclusion that my body was giving up the good fight and could NEVER be taxed that way again, her words would have done it for me. But then, I had made that decision when the baby before that one had battled IUGR and had done everything humanly possible to prevent that last pregnancy in the first place.

I have a similar story as you, but one less child. When my doctors say "Of course you could get pregnant again!", all I can think is about how I would leave a child motherless most likely. Pre-e doesn't get better unless your risk factors change immensely. Luckily I'm in my mid-20s and have time to think about doing it again.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my defense, the last baby was that 2% fair rate that IUDs espouse. I guess everyone has to know *someone* but I never thought it would actually be ME. :lol:

Then again, this last adoption was just as accidental as the last pregnancy.

I am NOT against large families. I have nine children and am actually still homeschooling one of them. Not only do I qualify for that group on FB, I have friends who are on it.

I AM against having more kids than you can support, and I don't just mean financially though that is part of it. I know exactly what it takes to properly mother a large family since I do it every day of my life. I also know every mother has a point where she can handle things and a point where she is overwhelmed, and it's not the same for every woman. That ought to mean that you stop when you are getting stretched thin. Far too often, it means you just keep going and not pay attention to the fact that you're running out of resources and out of mom's coping skills.

In my defense, the last baby was that 2% fair rate that IUDs espouse. I guess everyone has to know *someone* but I never thought it would actually be ME. :lol:

Then again, this last adoption was just as accidental as the last pregnancy.

I am NOT against large families. I have nine children and am actually still homeschooling one of them. Not only do I qualify for that group on FB, I have friends who are on it.

I AM against having more kids than you can support, and I don't just mean financially though that is part of it. I know exactly what it takes to properly mother a large family since I do it every day of my life. I also know every mother has a point where she can handle things and a point where she is overwhelmed, and it's not the same for every woman. That ought to mean that you stop when you are getting stretched thin. Far too often, it means you just keep going and not pay attention to the fact that you're running out of resources and out of mom's coping skills.

Lol I should have paid more attention to your name - whoops, I have 8 less kids than you ;) My first pregnancy was a doozy.

Seriously, though, some of the things they have gone through are the things that left me sitting in the hospital, wondering if I would make it safe without having a brain aneurysm or stroke or death. I don't understand how they can be so cavalier with their lives. I completely agree with supporting kids being emotional, too.

Jackie hon, since you know where we are come on in and read a bit. You'll find that there are quite a few folks here at FJ that have large families, and home school as well. :greetings-wavingyellow:

Really.

How can one be "spying" on a public Facebook page? :?

:greetings-wavingyellow: Hi Jackie!

Jackie Jerrolds Agnew true, but I always like to know WHAT is being said. I actually go there sometimes to find new blogs to read. If they don't like it....most likely I will :)

T

• 2 weeks later...

experiencedd, I didn't know that FJ had a secret group of spies! :o Why was I not invited to join? :cry:

experiencedd, I didn't know that FJ had a secret group of spies! :o Why was I not invited to join? :cry:

Hell yea. It's really funny how the folks from this site and the 19K&C site all lurk here.

I don't think most ppl are against large families. It is just when you add Quiverful or other religious excuse and attacking anyone who makes a different choice.

The Ezzo stuff really makes me angry. Animals treat their babies better than that. I picked up one of my kitty's new 'blessings'. As soon as it made a noise she came running.

• 1 month later...

Here is a brilliant comment from todays page. Apparently someone opened a thread about making house rules for a family that has a large age span and multiple kids.

Everyone needs to be in the same room as you.

Ok this mother is ensuring her kids have no privacy. SMH

Does this include sitting on the toilet or having a bath? I dont think I would like pooping with the entire family in the room.

Hope you find enough cash on you. I love to buy dangerous books at used book sales and thrift store, and happily tear them up to go in the recycling. It feels so good, even to a book-loving person like me.

I keep one copy, so I can be accurate about how bad they are when discussing them.

On Thursday I was at the Children's Museum in Boston and what was on the shelves but a parenting book by Dr. James Dobson. I was flabbergasted. I told the manger, who said that a company did the ordering for the store. She really had no idea who he was, but said she would pull the books. I went back on Friday and the books were back on the shelf. I bought them and ripped them up. I told the manager if they reordered anything by him, I would cancel my membership.

The page is actually on my "like" list - my family may not be big (yet), but some people are sane and have really good ideas on managing things. I had no idea that I was actually a spy - so we can't be from FJ AND be pro-family? That's news to me...

That's because even if you have sufficient income to care for a large family, those are the issues that have the highest priority.

My grocery bill is higher than my rent each month, literally. I buy $600 in groceries and by the time I get them loaded and put away, half of that has been eaten. I have to HIDE ingredients for meals because otherwise they tend to be consumed before I can make the meal.

I accidentally drank some of the QF/Fundie kool-aid because I wanted a large family but I NEEDED practical help for how to care for that large family. I have always been able to care for my family, despite it's abnormal size. It was the clothes needing organized that brought me into reading QF stuff. Took me years to realize that practical advice was laced with arsenic, but I cannot find practical support for my family size elsewhere now, except sometimes other xQF families.

The page is actually on my "like" list - my family may not be big (yet), but some people are sane and have really good ideas on managing things. I had no idea that I was actually a spy - so we can't be from FJ AND be pro-family? That's news to me...

How is that page pro-family? That page is often about "how do we stuff them all in" such as the person who kept their disabled daughter in a closet, or was it a pantry?

It certainly sounds unhealthy, disgusting, and possibly dangerous to me. The very thought makes me shudder, and I love butter.

As I said, snarkable and memorable. I think it's one of the more bizarre quotes ever brought up on FJ, and that's saying a lot!

edited for riffle

If any of you have seen Precious, where poor "Precious" is the recipient of some of the most horrific abuse imaginable, it kind of reminds me of how her mother would force-feed her. And then berate her for being morbidly obese.

I can only hope these mothers never stoop to the level of throwing a tv at their children :shock:

ETA: Hello, Freudian slip! Yeah, I meant morbidy obese there.

Yeah, because the vile shit some of those women do to their children is totally pro-family, and daring to point it out is anti-family. :roll: I'm sorry, but where did anyone here say anything about checking your family at the FJ door?

Stuffing a disabled daughter in a pantry is an example of insane - I was referring to ideas for organization, grocery budgets, etc. - some advice is just fucked up, but there are good ideas in there. FWIW, I only knew about it because I saw a couple of friends had liked and posted there, prior to reading about it here. It'd be nice to see the large families who are actually sane, outnumber and flush out the assholes who abuse their kids (yes, I totally consider putting your kids on shelves or in pantries as abuse, along with some of the other more "interesting" space and money saving ideas. I figure in cases like this, it's an exercise in futility to make those people stop trying to spread their drivel, and the best counter-measure is to give as many examples of living safely and happily on stretched budgets etc. as possible. JMO.

Is that not outright dangerous? What is eating that much butter, especially if it's regular ,going to do to a child's body?

The butter thing disturbed me the most, oddly. I know some people enjoy eating it whole, but that is SO SO BAD for a child, let alone an adult. That will seriously fuck up a child's digestive system. That's not discipline, that's abuse.

Stuffing a disabled daughter in a pantry is an example of insane - I was referring to ideas for organization, grocery budgets, etc. - some advice is just fucked up, but there are good ideas in there. FWIW, I only knew about it because I saw a couple of friends had liked and posted there, prior to reading about it here. It'd be nice to see the large families who are actually sane, outnumber and flush out the assholes who abuse their kids (yes, I totally consider putting your kids on shelves or in pantries as abuse, along with some of the other more "interesting" space and money saving ideas. I figure in cases like this, it's an exercise in futility to make those people stop trying to spread their drivel, and the best counter-measure is to give as many examples of living safely and happily on stretched budgets etc. as possible. JMO.

Well that's great, but no one here was snarking on their organizational tricks or mad budgets skills. We were discussing the ones that grossly mistreat their children. So again, how does that make FJ anti-family?

If you want to post there go right ahead, but personally I wouldn't cast my lot with a group that receives child abusers so well.

I've been looking around the site Emmiedahl linked - it's filled with stories of families that tried Babywise and it failed them. ezzo-info is not an Ezzo site.

In the stories of parents that tried Ezzo methods, one theme keeps coming up: in a preemptive strike, Babywise type books mention that people will try and advise you against Babywise, but those people are secular/humanist/not Christians and therefore should be ignored. It's one thing to give parenting advice, it's a whole different matter to give parenting advice based on "if you don't follow our baby instructions, you're a bad Christian".

Well today's news flash from these folks is all chemical and mechanical BC is abortion and barriers are going against god's will.

On the medical front, you can lower blood pressure and eliminate preeclampsia by eating a special brewers yeast diet.

Archived