IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

8 hours ago, Florita said:

I'm not a trained professional, but my youngest has a lateral lisp. I don't hear it Lori's videos - but I rarely listen to Lori's videos. She's too annoying. Do you have a specific example? Is there a video where she says "church" or "jewelry"? Those are wretched for my daughter to pronounce.

I just listened to her video about turmeric. I think I'm hearing some rhotacism (w for r - like Kripke in Big Bang).

I was just watching the video in which she was showing what she eats in a day.  I was focused on her tongue and it didn't seem to match some of the sounds.  However her sounds were clear.  Maybe her tongue placement is just weird but she's learned how to produce the sounds correctly anyway.  I know this is silly but it really jumped out at me.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ChickenettiLuvr, Gilead is the fictional dystopian society represented in The Handmaid's Tale, a series on Hulu starring Elizabeth Moss. It is an awful place, run by religious zealots who have overthrown the government and put a totaltarian theocracy in it's place. Women can't even read and fertile women (the Handmaid's) are raped and forced to bear children they then must turn over to the rapist and his wife. Women like Lori are the "Aunts" who cruelly train the women to be breeders, using cattle prods and disfigurement as disciplinary tools. As you can imagine, its a glum, heartless place where Lori would fit right in. There's a thread on it in Quiverfull of TV.

3 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

the problem is some schools are so strict about not letting sick kids go to school. They go overboard. Like you cannot go to school unless it's been 24 hours or more SINCE your last fever, vomit, etc. Sometimes they want a doctor's note to go back to class. They consider a fever a temp of 99 or 100. Our MD says a fever is 101. A kid could throw up & then be fine, but still have to stay home for another day.

After having norovirus sweep through my household one year, I can't say that I blame schools that do this. It's highly, highly contagious, and children can have projectile fluids from both ends every half hour (or more often) for days. It can be bad enough to require hospitalization just to rehydrate them.

But I do understand where you're coming from. I have a kid who's a stress puker, and I wouldn't want to have him stay home every time he threw up because he'd be home a lot even though he wasn't in the least bit sick -- just anxious.

14 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Gilead is the fictional dystopian society represented in The Handmaid's Tale, a series on Hulu starring Elizabeth Moss.

I've had this book on my to-read pile for months.  I keep thinking I'll read it next then something else pops up.  It was a gift from someone who knows about my interest in fundie / cult craziness.  

Regarding Lori's speech pattern. It seeems to me she might have a very dry mouth. She seems to need to stop talking a lot because of that. I wonder if that has anything to do with her pituitary issue. She has said she has to limit her fluid intake so she might be somewhat dehydrated on a regular basis.  

I've had temporary problems with excessively dry mouth while on certain medications and it can be hard to say more than a few words at a time. 

Thank you so much, @SilverBeach.

For what it's worth, I think I read The Handmaids Tale awhile back. Obviously not closely enough as I missed entirely the Gilead reference. And now I understand why Aunt Lori. (Always thought it was an inside joke I'd missed.)

Will put it on the library list.

Hey - thread drift warning:

I've lost more than 70% of my hair in the last four years. It started with a dose of oral chemo after surgery... and has continued. Thyroid meds did nothing. I'm probably post menopausal now but don't know for sure because hormone tests are inconclusive. 

I'm cruising Amazon tonight for a little retail therapy. Might as well purchase something beneficial. 

Question:  can anyone recommend a vitamin product to help with hair regrowth? Would rather spend my $$ on a product that works.

I'm also considering the Sugar Bear Hair gummies and Purador shampoo. Your thoughts, please?

1 hour ago, polecat said:

After having norovirus sweep through my household one year, I can't say that I blame schools that do this. It's highly, highly contagious, and children can have projectile fluids from both ends every half hour (or more often) for days. It can be bad enough to require hospitalization just to rehydrate them.

But I do understand where you're coming from. I have a kid who's a stress puker, and I wouldn't want to have him stay home every time he threw up because he'd be home a lot even though he wasn't in the least bit sick -- just anxious.

This is very true and why schools have the 24-48 hour rule with vomit and/or diarrhea. Sometimes a child seems better for a few hours and then gets sick again in that time. Schools have literally had to shut down as a result of noro outbreak. It's the one thing schools dread about winter, the norovirus that may arrive. Because schools and daycares are like incubators with sicknesses and once in it fast spreads like wildfire and can easily wipe out half of the kids in a couple weeks so the fever free, no vomit or diarrhea for 24-48 hours or infectious spots not crusted over or have a doctor's excuse to return is there to try and curb that. When I worked in a daycare, hand foot and mouth went through the young children like mad. 3/4s of the children caught it and all our cleaning efforts didn't help because it was too late. A child came in sick and that was all it took. Within a month about 75% of the little ones had come down with it. The bad of HFM is that you are contagious before you show symptoms unlike a stomach flu where you are only contagious in your vomit and feces, which is why good hand washing it vital with norovirus. 

Yep, it's 48 hours over here in Britain. If you saw any of the IAAF World Athletics Championships, one of the athletes was denied a place in a 200 metres heat because he'd been ill and officials were worried about norovirus. I don't know if it was that bad, but there was some controversy because things weren't properly explained to the Botswana team. He was eventually allowed a solo "time trial" and even ended up in the final, but didn't win. The whole thing was a bit odd. The IAAF/organisers probably didn't want to risk anything. 

Thankfully I've never had norovirus. It sounds utterly utterly hideous.

@ChickenettiLuvr  I've heard good things about the Purador line. Lots of women swear by OTC Biotin, get the max dose you can buy.  An added bonus is your nails and eyelashes may also grow. A friend used Keranique when her hair was growing back in after chemo. You can buy the whole line of products on line from Ulta.  Is woman's Rogaine an option for you? 

Thank You! @Red Hair, Black Dress.

No, I've heard/seen the Rogaine horror stories. Prefer something that (a) doesn't grow hair wherever it drips & I don't want it, and (b) hair doesn't fall out if I quit the method.

It's frustrating because for 15-20 years, my hair was so ridiculously full that all stylists insisted they had to thin it. (Won't make that mistake again!)

@ChickenettiLuvr, it's not a miracle cure, but a hairdresser told me that some of her customers had some success with Centrum Silver vitamins.

Lori gets schooled: (sorry I didn't get it all in one picture)

Spoiler

LApain.thumb.png.678f200b8f051dec46fadb1e1e274733.png

Spoiler

5993b8c778c12_Screenshot(22).thumb.png.6449edd455e7a4bff85c8fff011852c0.png

Is Ken going to ride in on the horse of truth and set this guy straight?

And yet ...... She didn't. (Suffer in silence without making her family pay.)

Very. Most. Certainly. Did. Not.

Potato, anyone???:evil-laugh:

1 hour ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I've lost more than 70% of my hair in the last four years. It started with a dose of oral chemo after surgery... and has continued. Thyroid meds did nothing. I'm probably post menopausal now but don't know for sure because hormone tests are inconclusive. 

I'm cruising Amazon tonight for a little retail therapy. Might as well purchase something beneficial. 

Question:  can anyone recommend a vitamin product to help with hair regrowth? Would rather spend my $$ on a product that works.

I'm also considering the Sugar Bear Hair gummies and Purador shampoo. Your thoughts, please?

I'm not sure about specific vitamins, there are plenty.  I know that getting the cheapest is not a good idea.  They use a lot of fillers.  I'm really anal about buying quality supplements.   

That being said, I hope you make friends with some wigs!  There is fun to be had there while waiting for real hair to hopefully grow back. :D

Thank you, @Beermeet.

Honestly, this is hard on my pride and who, tbh. I don't feel very feminine, though. 

Maybe I'll start looking for beautiful scarves instead. My friends who tried wigs said they were hot and itchy.

@ChickenettiLuvr. Yeah, I feel ya.  It would bother me too.  The good is that these days, a pretty headscarf is totally acceptable!  Maybe try on some wigs and see for yourself.  You never know plus you don't have to wear it daily, maybe just an option for an ego boost/ mental health/ special occasion  thing.  Whatever makes You feel happy and comfortable!   

2 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I feel your pain. While Lupus seemed to jumpstart my hair loss ten years ago, menopause didn't help and breast cancer treatment, though I didn't have chemo, seems to be accelerating it further. I take huge doses of biotin.  I use Rogaine (my docs said the men's Rogaine in the lower dose is fine for women and I can also find it more cheaply). I take a drug for an underactive thyroid and eat healthily. I just finished radiation yesterday but am now starting on an aromatase inhibitor with still more hair loss as a side effect. I'm tempted to just cut mine an inch long and earlier tonight was checking out the American Cancer Society TLCdirect website for scarves and hats. The hair loss simply causes me too much stress everyday and I think it would be easier to succumb.

You are not alone, and now I know I'm not either. 

2 hours ago, Florita said:

Hide contents

LApain.thumb.png.678f200b8f051dec46fadb1e1e274733.png

Hide contents

5993b8c778c12_Screenshot(22).thumb.png.6449edd455e7a4bff85c8fff011852c0.png

Is Ken going to ride in on the horse of truth and set this guy straight?

Maybe she also just doesn't understand half of the words/keywords that are in that text. I think her vocabulary is not very extensive, and critical thinking certainly isn't one of her strengths.

If suffering in silence was a Biblical command, what the heck is the book of Psalms doing in the Bible? And yes we even have the book 'lamentations'. 

How can we 'weep with those who weep' if we don't know the weepers are weeping because they do so in silence? 

Lori sounds so much like Mrs Bennet in Pride and Prejudice:

"People who suffer as I do from nervous complaints can have no great inclination for talking.  Nobody can tell what I suffer!  But it is always so.  Those who do not complain are never pitied…"

Lori is having quite the debate with Vic in FB comments.  He's trying to explain to her that "in my experience" and "so says Lori" does not = Biblical proof.  Lori's response?  But I've SUFFERED!  Do you hear me?  I SUFFERED sooooo!!!

:pb_rollseyes:

Lori:

I have spent the last 25 years very ill with parasites, brain tumors, and neck fusion. I have had a lot of pain and suffering but I decided very early on that just because I was suffering and in pain didn't mean I was going to make my children or husband's life miserable with my pain. They very much appreciated it so I do know what I'm talking about.

Vic:

That's an experience, not a Biblical justification.

to properly understand a truth, and to apply it as a dogma, it requires Scripture, not experience.

I would ask you to consider that perhaps your response is a counter-culture pendulum swing, and not a Biblical position. On this side of glory, all of us have a deficient theology. We are all going to be wrong on things as it relates to Christ and his truth. When we are humility is the only proper response. I think when you reconsider the proof text you are using and read it in it's proper context, you will see that you are not applying it correctly. I believe for the benefit of your followers you should recant your position, unless and until you can provide a good Biblical foundation for this argument.

Lori:

*crickets*

Yet, more proof that Lori is making up The Law of Lori, and applying it to her readers.

9 hours ago, Florita said:

And she's correcting a man, telling him that he's wrong. I thought she didn't do that?  Aren't penis-bearers above lowly women, and we women are never, NEVER to talk back to them? 

I genuinely hope that someone asks about Lori's nanny today.

Lori:

Ken and I were watching a television show recently and two young daughters just found out that their beloved nanny had quit and their mom was going to have to find another one for them since their mother had a high-powered and stressful career that kept her away from her children most of the time. The daughters cried, “Whose going to take care of us?” That question should never have to be asked by children. Their mothers are the ones responsible to care for them!

Lori:

Lucy was a Nanny sent from heaven who never wanted to let Cassi cry, so she held her hours a day.

Who took care of Cassi, Lori?  You left her to cry for hours a day.  She relied on her NANNY for comfort.

At least the working mom had a valid reason to leave her children with a nanny.  What was your excuse? You sat at home and left your baby to cry, because you were too lazy to care for her yourself.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived