IGNORED

Lori Alexander 19: Hating Birth Control, Consistency, and Logic

3 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

wait a moment while I puke at that visual.

@usmcmom that salad looked awesome! And your hubs cafeteria sounds great and now I want cod for dinner.

To be fair, according to a lot of people I know it does work amazingly well as lube but still... Lori loves it. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Facebook Lori says:

. I wish all of the leaders of the churches would oversee the women who are teaching in the women ministries as well.

Really, Lori? What happened when the leaders of your church didn't like what you were teaching? 

Oh now I get it.  She is an example of the 'nasty women' mentioned during last year's campaign. 

8 hours ago, Koala said:

Right?  I thought these women claimed to be helpmeets or helpmates...whatever...

The response definitely seems to read like the man's feelings ultimately outweigh everything else for the family. It's the contradiction that none of these beliefs can get away from: men are strong and wise and therefore need their wives to follow and obey, except when they're fallible or misguided and need their wives to help bring them back onto the right path. Which seems pretty insulting to both genders, not to mention kinda leaving women damned if they do and damned if they don't. 

These women are seeking Lori's "blessing" as good Christians because it's a quick, earthly fix for God's eventual heavenly blessing. But while we're here on earth, God's not going to appear in front of us and say, "Good job! Keep trucking! You're checking off all the boxes on the list!" so they're turning to Lori to do it for them.

That's a bad circle to be in. Plus, I'm fairly certain (read: very) Lori falls under the category of the "false prophets" St. Paul referred to in the Pauline letters- the kind that Christians should stay far, far away from. She lures in those who need support in their faith with morsels of truth (the Bible) and then obliterates what little good there was with her horrible teachings. They don't need Lori- these women need supportive families, husbands, and churches. But I fear if they're coming to Lori, they don't have that either.

It's a terribly sad circle.

6 hours ago, Koala said:

Why wait until he is at work, unless she is going against his wishes?  

What Lori essentially advised, is for this woman to pretend to raise her daughter one way when her husband is home, and then immediately switch gears as soon as he's safely out of sight.  

And don't forget, consistency is key when sneakily disciplining your child when your husband isn't around.

I can't imagine what that would be like for the kid.  Mom pretends to parent one way when Dad is home, and then immediately goes all Mike and Debbi Pearl the minute he walks out the door?  That's a recipe for all kinds of problems for that poor child.

It stuns me that Lori isn't smart enough to realize that she's going against the very thing she harps on day, after day, after day.

One must not confront The Godly Mentor about modesty.  

She posted an Instagram of herself in a new dress the other day, and I guess it didn't get enough attention, so she posted it on her FB today.

She makes a point to tell her readers it's above the knee (something they can clearly see in the picture).

First response:

when one sits in above knee vs. just below knee (an even more flattering lenghth), the thigh is greatly exposed

Lori responds:

No, it's not. Just pull the dress down as you sit and it comes to the knee because it's very stretchy material!

Does she seriously want her readers to believe that she stretches her dress when she sits down?  

Just accept the rebuke Lori!  Remember, it's good to call people out!  Only mean women are immodest women!

9 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Today's post is entirely based on the creation account in Genesis 2. In order to believe all of that, you have to ignore that there is a slightly different account of creation in Genesis 1. In that version, man and woman are created at the same time. 

I was taught in evil Catholic school that the creation stories are based in myth but are there to teach us a few basic truths. Number one being that God ordered creation (not that he did it in the way it is related in the stories). Number two being that humans (all of us, not just the male ones) are created in the image of God. 

@louisa05, thank you for this. You beat me to it. That portion is always ignored my Lori and her ilk.

That dress looks like an oversized tshirt. At least it was only $10 , for once a reasonable if not frugal price.

And there we go.  She's going dresses only for the summer.  

Lori:

I have decided to only wear dresses in the summer.

We'll see if this last longer than her last journey to dresses only.  

*Spoiler Alert* It only lasted one day.

2014:

So my journey into wearing dresses "only" lasted one day. 

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/06/my-journey-to-only-wearing-dresses.html

I am beginning to think that Lori does this when she needs a good excuse to buy new clothes.  

Oh please Lori. A dress above the knees does ride up when you sit unless you constantly wrestle with it. 

What the hell. She is saying on her Facebook page women can't prophesy but Paul gives instructions on how they were to prophesy!!! What is wrong surf her?!?!

2 hours ago, Koala said:

And there we go.  She's going dresses only for the summer.  

Lori:

We'll see if this last longer than her last journey to dresses only.  

*Spoiler Alert* It only lasted one day.

2014:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/06/my-journey-to-only-wearing-dresses.html

I am beginning to think that Lori does this when she needs a good excuse to buy new clothes.  

Quote from that link:

What is your journey with dresses? Have you been convicted about only wearing them? To me, this isn't a sin issue, but an issue of conviction.

That was a short-lived conviction.

To me, a woman working or pointing out a problem to her husband - neither is a sin issue, but an issue of conviction. Which, by Lori's rule, makes it okay.

Her blog makes it so obvious that she and/or Ken read here. Maybe we'll see a blog post soon about sin issues vs. conviction issues.

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

That dress looks like an oversized tshirt. At least it was only $10 , for once a reasonable if not frugal price.

Ten dollars is pretty frugal for a dress in my book.

Does anybody really believe she bought those dresses BEFORE she made a promise to buy NO new clothes for a year?!? Funny, she didn't mention that part on Facebook. 

IMG_6757.PNG

I think Lori's been feeling a bit dwarfed in her efforts at being mentor and holier-than-thou, so she's decided to try the skirts-only thing again.  Submissive's been a bit too loud with all her submission, her calling her husband "lord" and her wearing only dresses. 

geez...not this shit again! Why advertise? Its not like she's asking anyone to keep her accountable for anything. Going skirts/dresses only is SO not a big deal! I wear skirts/dresses most of the time, yes, long, "fundie length" ones. Why? They're comfortable and cooler than pants in the desert heat. There's only one day a week I HAVE to wear a dress/skirt and that's on Sundays when I'm singing with the choir...Since we're up front, we're sort of representing the church and there's certain expectations for conduct and dress. Beyond that, it's my choice. 

All her bullshit is just that...there's not an ounce of conviction behind it...it's part of her "holier than thou" shtick. It makes me sick! 

9 hours ago, Koala said:

I can't imagine what that would be like for the kid.  Mom pretends to parent one way when Dad is home, and then immediately goes all Mike and Debbi Pearl the minute he walks out the door?  That's a recipe for all kinds of problems for that poor child.

It stuns me that Lori isn't smart enough to realize that she's going against the very thing she harps on day, after day, after day.

However, this is very consistent with her ideas of how submission works. Submission is all about making men feel great about themselves. Their frail egos need constant compliance and even a reminder along the lines of 'don't forget your umbrella' could be disrespectful as it implies he is deficient somehow. However, women can do what they want behind their husband's backs, and manipulate their circumstances, as long as they are not in open rebellion. Poking holes in BC, or going pearl on the kids when husband is gone, that is a 'godly' way of getting what you want. After all it is for his own good although he doesn't know it. 

To me it shows people like Lori think men are not only unable to control their urges, they also cannot handle disagreement, don't know what is best for them or for the family, or their health. They are essentially big toddlers with a credit card and a you-know-what.

Women have to use supernatural patience and wits to work around them and keep them happy, so they can get financial security and/ or their heavenly reward for putting up with him in a godly way. 

Reminds me too much of Charlotte Lucas and Mr Collins.

It also makes me wonder if this is her view of men, what is her view of God, in whose image they believe men were created? 

Thanks @Koala for that gem.

an issue of conviction

Lori's "conviction" went from

I had read one woman's blog who decided to do this and it made a lot of sense.

to half a day:

I wore it around the house [...] and [...] for a [...] party [...] I did go on a walk before [...] and I quickly changed into shorts for the walk.

So she hang around the house in a dress :pearlclutching: - where no no-one cared.
And she went to a party wearing a dress:pearlclutching: - where obviously no one cared as she would have mentioned it.

I get more reaction if I let down my hair for an evening out. Probably because this happens on less days than Lori wears dresses or skirts. Although I have to confess my conviction "at home I dress as I like" has also never been commented (I have been holding this conviction for more than 24hrs).

The general logic of the post is above my reading skills:
She regularly wears shorts, whatever the length "not short" is. My conviction is that "shorts" show some parts of your lower to upper leg. She always wears knee-length skirts/dresses to church. There is no difference in skin showing yet the only reason for skirts is how she thinks about her skin. So It is o.k. to show your "bad skin" at church but at home (that's where you need to wear shorts which according to her logic don't show "bad skin"  :my_confused:

But don't worry. Dresses/skirts/shorts are not about modesty as we can make up the rules as we go:

Usually, women will quote me a verse from Deuteronomy about a woman never wearing something pertaining to a man. This is from the Law which we are no longer under! We have freedom in Christ to decide what is modest and what is not.

(my bolding) from as a reaction to her dresses-only-conviction.

(I agree that modesty is defined by ourselves. However I also think it depends on society surrounding us and has nothing to to with "the freedom in Christ". But Christ does not talk to me about dresses and that i need to buy more clothes. Probably because as an ebil catholic I don't have this kind of relationship with Christ.)

Let's compare:

Lori April 15,2016:

Most women in America dress to draw attention to themselves. [...] They wear [...] shorts.

this from August 4, 2016:

Just asked my husband what his definition of modesty is and he answered, "Someone who is not self-centered." [...] My husband made me giggle when he answered "How the Bates and Duggars dress and act [...]

or back June 24, 2014

Ken doesn't care if I wear dresses, pants, or shorts. He thinks that I am always modest.

to June 12, 2014

Besides, the Duggars only wear skirts and they seem happy in them! I mentioned it to Ken and he said it was fine with him but he didn't want me wearing skirts to the floor, just to my knees.

from June 12, 2014

2 hours ago, Red Jumper said:

Just asked my husband what his definition of modesty is and he answered, "Someone who is not self-centered." [...] My husband made me giggle when he answered "How the Bates and Duggars dress and act [...]

Ok, so not-self-centered = have a tv show all about you and your life. Good to know. 

From her facebook picture in that orange dress:

A fan says:

Oh to be this tiny!!

Lori responds:

Portion control! ;)  

What was that thing about modesty? About not drawing attention to herself?  This post is all about showing off her find and her figure  -which she's obsessed about-. 

Does she give a fig about the many followers who have to do with cheap -and not so healthy - food?  The ones who struggle with health issues that make them gain weight? The ones who struggle with food issues? No. St. Lori, The Transformed Wife (R) can do it, so can you!  

Along with that comment about being "lovelier" if you wear makeup, do your hair and wear colorful clothes.  The one in another post where she talks about girls "doing something" to lose extra weight to get a man's attention, this lady is horrible.  I can't stand her smugness.  

By the way, she looks like an old clothes peg. Dry, like a prune. 

Well, if Lori is going to post pics of dresses she purchased, at least they only cost ten bucks. I'd say that would be doable for most people.

Oh, my, her post today. 

She links to this audio by Dr. Laura. 3.30 minutes of ... I don't know. Horrible.  http://drlauradl.noxsolutions.com/audio/calls/2017-05-26_c_Brenda.mp3

Does your 16-year-old daughter want to start having sex because all her peers are having sex?  Tell her: 

“I want you to be the only non-slut in the group. I want you to be the only girl who can get to 25, meet a nice man and not say she’s had 15 humps with 82 guys so that he’s disgusted with you.

I’d like you to be the only one in your group who doesn’t get an STD and genital wars on your vagina and can give you cancer later on or HIV and can kill you.

I’d like you to be the only one in your group who thinks that sex and love should be holding each other with tenderness.

I’d like you to be the only one in your group who isn’t a pig.

I want you to be the only one who hasn’t killed a baby by having it sucked into a sink in a million pieces.

I want you to be the only one in your group not to think you can be a mother without an intact family around a child.

I want you to be the only one who doesn’t screw up a kid.”

Dr Laura adds the threat that "if you don't comply, it's a countdown from here until you turn eighten, when you'll be booted out of our home".  And "no cake for your 18th, just a kick in the backside, straight out the door". 

Is this love? 

There has to be a better way. 

How about asking your daughter "why?"  Really, the truth: "why?"  And sitting down for a proper mother to daughter conversation.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived