IGNORED

Lori Alexander 19: Hating Birth Control, Consistency, and Logic

On that pink dress: I almost bought it. I think that she is wearing a couple sizes too big, or she needs to eat more , because that dress shouldn't hang like that.  LOL  The dress is made of stretchy material.

But really, Lori should never give advice on anything. She's too ignorant and judgmental.  

Where are Lorken genital wars?  Is it on her FB or blog? 

My apologies for asking but I've not had much time to be on FJ, because I've been busy at work being a whore of Babylon and mother the past three weeks.    

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When my daughter was growing up, I remember her coming home from school and telling me about this or that mean kid and what they would say or do. My answer was always to tell her that we never know why someone behaves that way. Maybe they had a bad morning or something happened to them, maybe their parents aren't nice. We can't ever know why people are the way that they are so always be kind because sometimes it's the only kindness they may have in their day and everyone deserves kindness. Lori makes it so hard to follow my own advice.

I was a sixteen year old mother. It was an incredible struggle to raise her but I did it through love and kindness. She's an amazing woman with compassion and love for those around her. She records books for the blind, volunteers at a thrift store that supports a woman's shelter, goes to college, and works full time. She made friends with a homeless man and will sometimes sing with him while he plays the guitar. She probably has sex with her boyfriend. How does that fit in with everything else I just typed? It doesn't. It has nothing to do with how I see her. When she was still at home, I taught body positivity, self respect, and birth control because I'm realistic. Slut shaming was never part of the dialogue unless we spoke against it. 

This woman is so deeply entrenched in the patriarchal value of women that she tears them down with no sympathy. A man doing this to a woman is horrible but another woman doing this to women is unconscionable. I could not imagine the moment when my daughter came to me for guidance about sex and instead of helping, I called her a slut or a pig, I couldn't imagine teaching her to be shameful of her body, of the natural urges that come with puberty. Sexuality is at the core of every person and it greatly shapes who we all become. Not only does Lori's teachings promote fear, it also teaches these young girls to judge other girls by their standards. It teaches them that their bodies are bargaining chips. How is this Christianity? 

7 hours ago, Koala said:

He also said, "He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her".   I am 100% certain that calling her a "pig" or a "slut" is not what Jesus had in mind.

Love and humility aren't at the core of Lori's teachings.  Self-righteousness, pride and judgment are.  

As a former teenage girl whose mom listened to Dr. Laura (thankfully she has long since given up on that), I'm not buying that a teenage girl whose mom listens to Dr. Laura told her mom that she was thinking about having sex.

Talk to your teenager like that one time and you'll never again have to worry about what to say when they confide in you, because they won't. If that's the kind of (non-)relationship you want to have with your child then knock yourself out I guess, but some of us actually love and like our children.

8 hours ago, slp said:

About the Dr. Laura thing:  The Bible says "Speak the truth in LOVE."  not one thing in that speech was loving.  Jesus was forgiving, loving, and kind to the woman at the well, to Mary Magdalene, and numerous other 'sinners'.  We, as Christians, are to be Christlike. Nothing about that was Christlike.

And that comment about Mary living in his house since age 12?  WHERE is that in the Bible? 

It certainly isn't in mine. 

Stupid Lori wants an echo chamber for all her stupid non-biblical, hateful crap. I really can't with her, what a piece of work. Lori actually hates women, and there is not a kind bone in her body. She enjoys encouraging women to suffer, everybody should suffer but her. Grrrrr.....

Oh,  but in her own mind, she's a regular martyr!  She's sick!  She needs her rest!  She has gut issues!

POTATOOOOO!

Well, this is...disgusting.  

Someone replied to Stephen's comment about Mary, but when you click to read it, it's gone.  So Lori let his vulgar comment stand, but deleted someone who disagreed with him.

That says a lot about Lori and where she stands.

Today, she's moved on to taking swipes against people suffering depression. She quotes:

There is no stigma against sadness. There is no embarrassment, no alarm, no rushing to the Lord to eliminate it.

You watch an individual Christian who’s sad: She’s necessarily self-centered. As long as she’s sad she makes a poor marriage partner.

Being happy is a choice and if you are a believer in Jesus Christ, you have all the reason in the world to choose to be happy

I guess Lori would feel better if she could round up her fellow Godly Mentors and shame them.  That'd show them the love of Jesus. :roll:

11 hours ago, slp said:

About the Dr. Laura thing:  The Bible says "Speak the truth in LOVE."  not one thing in that speech was loving.  Jesus was forgiving, loving, and kind to the woman at the well, to Mary Magdalene, and numerous other 'sinners'.  We, as Christians, are to be Christlike. Nothing about that was Christlike.

And that comment about Mary living in his house since age 12?  WHERE is that in the Bible? 

A bit OT: Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute, and was not the woman who bathed Jesus' feet with her hair (that woman is not named in the Bible). Mary Magdalene was one of his disciples, functioning much as a deacon might today.

I know Lorken read here so I'm thinking of starting a thread for Feminists/Atheists Doing Good Deeds.  We can post all of the good stuff we do and Lori can read it and maybe start to realize that she does nothing but cherry-pick verses and put people down.  In fact, I'll use the word "mitzvah."  Maybe she'll learn something new since she's "Always Learning."

15 minutes ago, Hane said:

A bit OT: Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute, and was not the woman who bathed Jesus' feet with her hair (that woman is not named in the Bible). Mary Magdalene was one of his disciples, functioning much as a deacon might today.

YES! I hate that this esteemed woman is slandered by men who were jealous of her favor with Jesus. The omission of her commentary about Jesus in the canon is a sin, pun intended.

14 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Lori said that condoms don't protect against diseases. 

Lori is a damn fool.

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I could not imagine the moment when my daughter came to me for guidance about sex and instead of helping, I called her a slut or a pig, I couldn't imagine teaching her to be shameful of her body, of the natural urges that come with puberty.

I'm so glad you gave your daughter positive things. She who birthed me seemed to enjoy calling me a slut, a pig (because I'm rather messy most of the time), a whore, a lesbian (because of how I dressed) and other things. MY daughter only heard that she was so smart, beautiful, loved and wanted....

2 hours ago, Koala said:
  Quote from Lori

Being happy is a choice and if you are a believer in Jesus Christ, you have all the reason in the world to choose to be happy

Acting cheerful is a choice. Being happy, not so much. I come from a long line of depressives, and that's what I've learned. For me anyway, acting cheerful is a good thing. It helps me notice kindness around me and it keeps my innate sadness in perspective. Often I can fake it till I make it, and when that's not enough, I can go back on meds. I used to require my kids to tell me one good thing that happened in their day before they launched into their litany of teenage complaints. Sometimes I would also tell them that my energy for bummers was limited that day and they would have to prioritize if they wanted me to listen sincerely. Boy did my one daughter hate that, but as an adult she uses those techniques on herself and appreciates them. There is a difference between being honest about how you feel and being entitled to dump your unhappiness onto a captive audience.

Re Dr. Laura: She is a single adoptive parent of three, and I have some free advice for her. Besides being a terrible strategy for any child, shaming young women for having sex (and babies) is a truly lousy way to portray your kids' likely origins. I predict rough sailing when her children hit puberty.

Re Lori whining about not being raised like the Duggars: She would have hated being raised like the Duggars. All those tatertot casseroles and expectations that she look after her siblings? I don't think so. What she means is, I think, that she wishes she grew up with a pre-made brand, like the married Duggar girls, so that she could have her own reality show without having to huff and puff all over social media to build a following.

I posted this this morning under her Dr Laura post:

true, sin is ugly. Pride is ugly, lying is ugly, judging is ugly... in the event of the woman caught in adultery, Jesus told the crowd that "he who is without sin should cast the first stone". Is that mother without sin? Because she's casting stones at her daughter and every other teenager who is having sex before marriage.

I have no problem whatsoever telling my children that sin is ugly and that it separates us from God, but I also tell them that Jesus loves them and that he died for our sin so we can have a relationship with God. My question to you and Dr. Laura would be, do you want a relationship with your daughter? Because if you do, calling her a pig and a slut and threatening eviction is not the way to build a relationship. Do you want your daughter to run to you when she's in trouble or do you want her to run elsewhere? My husband and I want our kids to know what we stand for, but we also want them to come to us when they're in trouble. Because we love them.

It's gone.  Lori is not interested in truth. 

3 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Maybe she'll learn something new since she's "Always Learning."

Not any more. She's "Transformed" now. 

2 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Re Lori whining about not being raised like the Duggars: She would have hated being raised like the Duggars. All those tatertot casseroles and expectations that she look after her siblings? I don't think so. What she means is, I think, that she wishes she grew up with a pre-made brand, like the married Duggar girls, so that she could have her own reality show without having to huff and puff all over social media to build a following.

I think you might be right about that. 

In response to her post today.  

God comforted the weeping Hannah who came to him and begged him for a son.  He didn't tell her off for being "self-centered" and not rejoicing in the greater love of her husband or the many children of her sister wife, instead, He gave her a son. Samuel.

The Psalms, written by David, who is referred to as a man after God's heart, are full of both sadness and joy. He cried out such things as "how long will you forget me?" 

There is a whole book in the Bible called "Lamentations".  It seems to me that the prophet Jeremiah spent some time wondering what was up, and probably not smiling joyfully, when he was thrown into that pit. He even said "cursed is the day I was born!"

Job also cursed the day he was born, and spent a lot of time wondering why he had to suffer and lose everything the way he did. Some may say he was a bit self-centered there for a little while. 

Jesus is described as "a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief" (by the prophet Isaiah). We find him sad, crying, mourning, his heart being moved with compassion for those who grieved and mourned. He didn't tell them to slap on a smile, or else. 

Jesus himself asked for his disciples to come and pray with him when he was facing his darkest hours. Was he self-centered when he asked them to please, just be there while he poured out his anguish to The Father?  In the end, he cried out, "Father, why do you forsake me?" 

Paul told the Romans to "rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep", not tell those who weep to get over it already. 

Jesus himself said "blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted". 

If Lori wants to see more happiness around her, perhaps she should stop all that judging on her blog and start posting more joyful and happy material.  Rejoice in the good, stop focusing on the bad. Quit judging and start blessing. Comfort those around her who are grieving or hurting, perhaps find out why they are sad instead of berating them for being sad and telling them what "poor marriage partners" they are and how "self-centered" their attitude is.  Do something to ease their pain.

Coming from the queen of self-centeredness and fixation on everything that's WRONG about those blasted WOMEN TODAY,  I really don't get her post. 

2 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Re Dr. Laura: She is a single adoptive parent of three, and I have some free advice for her. Besides being a terrible strategy for any child, shaming young women for having sex (and babies) is a truly lousy way to portray your kids' likely origins. I predict rough sailing when her children hit puberty.

I think you must be mixing her up with someone else, unless there's more than one horrible Dr. Laura? Because I always knew of her to be married with one biological son. According to Wikipedia, that's still the case. She has been divorced and had at least one affair with a married man though so I guess she's a slut too.

On 5/27/2017 at 1:11 PM, kpmom said:

It's funny that she quotes "Dr." Laura as they always remind me of each other.

I used to hate listen to Laura on the radio, but got to the point where I couldn't stand to do even that.  Similar to a lot of us here at FJ not being able to read Lori's tripe.

I cannot stand "Dr" Laura.  She's nothing but hatefilled trash.  She's called gay people "biological errors" and she spews nothing but hate and ignorance and misogyny.  Much like Lori.  Also, she used the n-word 11 times during a broadcast, and rightfully lost her job over it. 

Some of "Dr" Laura's greatest hits:

http://www.independent.com/news/2007/may/22/emnews-pressem-columnist-dr-lauras-soldier-son-und/ 

http://www.lamag.com/longform/the-doctor-is-out-for-revenge/  

Oh, and in addition to that, she's a big hypocrite.  She posed nude for photos that were released (12 of them) by a guy she was sleeping with before she'd divorced her husband. https://books.google.com/books?id=42nJLWB0ztYC&pg=PA183#v=onepage&q&f=false   Someone want to tell this to Lori and watch her head explode?   After all, Dr. Laura was being a "slut" and "a pig" (to use her own words). 

20 hours ago, polecat said:

You're a special kind of dickweasel, aren't you?

Polecat. this is so perfect for Lori.  I'm going to add this to my arsenal of insults if you don't mind. I can think of 1 or 2 people i"d like to use it on.

6 hours ago, Koala said:

You watch an individual Christian who’s sad: She’s necessarily self-centered. As long as she’s sad she makes a poor marriage partner.

Does Lori even remember that her mother is dying? Does she realize the crushing burden of grief that is about to knock her flat? Or is she even capable of feeling sadness? 

How dare she judge people like this.

5 hours ago, EowynW said:

Lori said that condoms don't protect against diseases. 

*head desk*

This is the kind of nonsense that has led to the increase of STIs and STDs -- because people don't bother using something that "isn't effective anyway." 

48 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

I think you must be mixing her up with someone else, unless there's more than one horrible Dr. Laura? Because I always knew of her to be married with one biological son. According to Wikipedia, that's still the case. She has been divorced and had at least one affair with a married man though so I guess she's a slut too.

Crap, you're right. Laura Ingraham, also a blonde conservative with a radio show, is an adoptive mother of three. She and Lori could bond over their distaste for tattoos, piercings, and willful children, but I don't know her position on teenage sex. She did make a splash recently by defending Greg Gianforte, the slammin' Montanan. 

14 minutes ago, polecat said:

're "condoms not working":

*head desk*

This is the kind of nonsense that has led to the increase of STIs and STDs -- because people don't bother using something that "isn't effective anyway." 

Yeah--so ineffective that my dad and his fellow sailors weren't allowed off base without them during WWII.

Wow. Now I'm an idiot--I thought Dr. Laura and Laura Ingraham were the same person.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Does Lori even remember that her mother is dying? Does she realize the crushing burden of grief that is about to knock her flat? Or is she even capable of feeling sadness? 

At the risk of sounding as cruel as Lori and Ken, I personally don't believe Lori will grieve her mother. She's already thinking of the material things she will receive upon her mother's death (I shared a YouTube comment where Lori gloated she will get her mom's KJV Bible when she passes.) 

I really don't believe Lori is capable of feeling the sadness most of us feel when a loved one dies. I don't believe Lori has the emotional capacity to connect with anybody on that level - to feel love or grief, to miss someone when they are away, to rejoice with someone when they are happy, to feel sad for someone who suffers. 

I feel especially sad for Lori's sisters who will not only be in deep grief at their mother's passing, but will be faced with the bizarre emotional cruelty that someone like Lori exhibits during such a sad time. I think her sisters will one day get a completely new look at Lori and I think it could alter their relationship forever. 

*takes off amateur psychiatrist hat* 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived