IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

I honestly love the way Alyssa dresses. I wanted to order the top that matched the dress - but no more left :(

How she dresses her daughters is a little over the top.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhmmmmm I gotta say I'm kinda mesmerized by Carlin yodelling. I watched it like 7 times before I slapped myself hard to remind myself that I can't be mesmerized by anything they do. But still... cool skills girlfriend 

I'm not really into yodeling, but it's nice to see how much she enjoys herself. And without coming across like a brat.

On 5/22/2017 at 4:50 AM, ophelia said:

I'm not really into yodeling, but it's nice to see how much she enjoys herself. And without coming across like a brat.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone yodel save for that scene in Sound of Music so I'm impressed by that tongue work needed lmao

I know nothing about yodeling, but I found Carlin more enjoyable to listen to than Lawson. I doubt Gil and Kelly would let her travel around pursuing a music career like they do Lawson, though. 

On 5/14/2017 at 0:17 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Also many people (not me) being poor or falling on hard times is due to some kind of sin or moral failing. 

What amazes me is that, even after the Great Recession, the number of people who still believe falling on hard times is a failing on part of the person.  If there was one thing that should have shown people, even people like the Bateseseses in their own little bubble, that hard times can befall anyone, if it didn't happen to you it was happening to people around you, it was that big.  Even they had to have known people who were affected.  It's all so much rubbish.

Makes me totally stabby to hear this stuff.  Mr. No. was out of work for two years and he had to hear from his own mother how she didn't believe that unemployed people should get unemployment and that unemployed people had to have done something to lose their jobs.  And heathcare?  Don't get me started.  

Sorry to rant, but this stuff really gets me especially watching people vote against their own interests.  

she doesn't sound off-key to me (though granted, it's been a few years since i legit listened to tuning particulars of a group of musicians....). actually I was impressed because *a certain sibling of hers* ALWAYS SOUNDS FLAT *gahhhhhhh* haha.

Looks like Carlin may be officially courting now, according to her Instagram. 

For people wondering about the post from @lumpentheologie-

Fans are speculating in the comments that they're engaged (unlikely) or officially courting (very likely) now.

Here's Evan's post.  The timing would be right for a courtship since they've been together for about half a year.  Usually the Bates do over the top courtship proposals.

6 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Here's Evan's post.  The timing would be right for a courtship since they've been together for about half a year.  Usually the Bates do over the top courtship proposals.

I'm not sure if they do. I know Nathan went over the top for Ashley - to the point where she thought he was about to propose. I think that was the only courting proposal that was really over the top. Unless Tori's was. I didn't watch that one.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that they'll be engaged by end of summer and married by January. I don't think Carlin has said anything about moving forward more slowly due to school the way Tori has.

It looks like she's got a ring on her left ring finger.  Is that a purity ring, or an engagement ring?

Also, he looks like he belongs in a boy band.  He's, uhm, rather well-groomed and slick looking.

And LOL at that Becky stalker/fangirl who is telling people in the comments to chill out about whether or not they're engaged.  

8 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

It looks like she's got a ring on her left ring finger.  Is that a purity ring, or an engagement ring?

Purity ring from daddy.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm not sure if they do. I know Nathan went over the top for Ashley - to the point where she thought he was about to propose. I think that was the only courting proposal that was really over the top. Unless Tori's was. I didn't watch that one.

I haven't seen Tori's but I believe from reading here that it was majorly over the top! Of course that might be because it's for the show. 

Also, he looks like he belongs in a boy band.  He's, uhm, rather well-groomed and slick looking.
And LOL at that Becky stalker/fangirl who is telling people in the comments to chill out about whether or not they're engaged.  

Probably the purity ring. Something about Carlins guy rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's because he's still super young and immature, but I just get this weird vibe about him. I have this feeling that the only reason he likes Carlin is because she's on TV.

How old is Evan and what does he do for a living? Gil said in the video sneak peak, whether he was joking around or not, that Carlin is too young. Yes she's older than alysssa was when she got married, but John was older (and was a congressman son) and had a stable job. I wonder if Evan does. And how old is Evan anyways? He looks 13.

The bates since, with the exception of Alyssa and Zach, waited way longer than the duggars and other fundie royalty. Only Jessa really was with ben for at least a year before they got married. 

1 hour ago, Exjw2015deed said:

And how old is Evan anyways? He looks 13.

According to Evan's Instagram bio, he's 21 years old, and he enjoys sports and "workin out." Based on the number of model-esque posed and pouty pictures he's posted of himself, I'd say his maturity levels appears to be closer to that of a high schooler. 

Here's what his Instagram bio looks like for those who haven't seen it:

Spoiler

IMG_7302.thumb.PNG.6e1b1af1d5dccd45bac97f757f1682a0.PNG

For reference, here are a few of those pouty/posed pictures I talked about:

Spoiler

IMG_7297.thumb.PNG.00cc6846c2fdac71130b97addb749c16.PNG

IMG_7300.thumb.PNG.a92027aeb12ef63a75e35c76f5801cb9.PNG

IMG_7298.thumb.PNG.ef0eb4b76037eb54de4f97230b9801e4.PNG

IMG_7301.thumb.PNG.e98bf5221ae63109879dcf9b62a74747.PNG

According to Evan's Instagram bio, he's 21 years old, and he enjoys sports and "workin out." Based on the number of model-esque posed and pouty pictures he's posted of himself, I'd say his maturity levels appears to be closer to that of a high schooler.

Those are funny pics. I say that in a gentle way, knowing more than my fair share of folks who post stuff just like that. I usually just smile and shake my head. Hopefully it's a phase.

Now, the pants-at-the-waist thing: Hubs often tells me that since he has no waist and has no butt (both true), he's not sure how his pants actually stay on his body.

I honestly would say more late middle school, early high school with his maturity. So sad and annoying they don't let their children actually mature.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived