IGNORED

Blackjack Bateses! - Bates 21

choralcrusader8613

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

We know the "wedding" coming up next season is Tabby and The Rapists'.

Wait, really? Many of the Bates were too nervous about drawing criticism to mention the wedding on social media; why would they broadcast their attendance on TV?

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, marmalade said:

Go Alyssa! A private birth for these people for a change! No one in the birthing room other than the midwife and John. But they said that the midwife pretty much shoos them home four hours after the birth. I've never given birth, but I couldn't imagine being up and about four hours after hours of hard labor. 

This is pretty standard for birth centers. I believe they were also home within a few hours of having Allie Jane, and one of my good friends had a similar experience at a birth center. For an unmedicated birth with no complications, there isn't really a reason to stay at the center much longer than that, unless you really feel you need extra help.

I probably wouldn't mind going home after a few hours, if I had an unmedicated vaginal birth. I had a c-section, but my recovery was really good and my daughter was in perfect shape. I was up and walking (slowly) within hours, with very little pain. By the next day I was definitely itching to take my baby home.

I'm trying to formulate some thoughts on last night's episode.  It was interesting to see that Erin had set up Carlin and Evan.  We had been wondering how that came about.  I also applaud Alyssa for the private birth.  I wouldn't have wanted 15 members of my family coming over the next day but she didn't seem to mind.  As far as I Love You Day, I thought it was interesting that no one mentioned that last year Nate had most likely been in attendance with Ashley.  This year he got to chaperone his sister and her boyfriend to the party and then was made to leave.  Michael's gift to all of them was really sweet.  For half a second I wondered if the gift was going to be an announcement.  She was really thoughtful and that was a great memento for her family.  Carlin is annoying me more and more.  Bless Evan's heart for putting up with her.  I see them courting before the year is out.   Now that we know they only met last November I'd be surprised if they moved faster than that.  But I can see both her and Tori getting married next year.  By then Addallee is ready to help out at home.  

I feel bad for Katie. She's only a year younger than Josie but that girl is always left out. She wasn't at the sister pedicure time. Josie is in college so she's one of the big girls now. But Katie is probably still considered one of the little kids. She always seems left out to me.

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

Erin was married before she graduated. Hell, she might have already had a couple miscarriages by graduation, since she finally got diagnosed and was pregnant by September. 

I don't see why Tori couldn't have a nice winter wedding over the semester break. Then again, Erin seems to have more focus than Tori. 

Erin graduated a semester late, I believe. 

I also wonder if, since she was the first Bates wedding, they didn't realize just how much work it would be to plan such an event, and Tori has learned from it. I knew a woman who had her wedding a month after graduating college and she missed out on a lot of the fun senior year stuff because she was so busy with wedding planning. Life is long and full of stretches of monotony, I've never understood not wanting to spread the fun stuff out a bit.

And Tori may really hate the winter and want a wedding where it will be easier to have a lot of flowers and outdoor photos.

17 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I feel bad for Katie. She's only a year younger than Josie but that girl is always left out. She wasn't at the sister pedicure time. Josie is in college so she's one of the big girls now. But Katie is probably still considered one of the little kids. She always seems left out to me.

See. I don't think she is.  She was there for Erins births as recorder and spends a lot of time with her so I don't think she's left out so much as she prefers to be behind the scenes like Michaela was. I think it says that on a blog somewhere too. Plus she isn't college age yet. 

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

This is pretty standard for birth centers. I believe they were also home within a few hours of having Allie Jane, and one of my good friends had a similar experience at a birth center. For an unmedicated birth with no complications, there isn't really a reason to stay at the center much longer than that, unless you really feel you need extra help.

I probably wouldn't mind going home after a few hours, if I had an unmedicated vaginal birth. I had a c-section, but my recovery was really good and my daughter was in perfect shape. I was up and walking (slowly) within hours, with very little pain. By the next day I was definitely itching to take my baby home.

My last c-section I went home after 36 hours. I absolutely hate being in the hospital, so I was thrilled to get the heck out of there. 

My sister had a quick unmedicated delivery in the evening.  She asked to leave the next day as my nephew was 15 months old.  She was released about 20 hours after the birth. She did need to take the baby to the Pediatrician the next day though. 

Katie does seem to be left behind to care for the kids a lot.  Kelly mentioned that she always volunteers.  Did she get to ski when they all went?  I don't remember.  

Trace and Carlin had a big graduation party last year but nothing was mentioned about Josie who'll be 18 this summer.  Interesting that she's attending Crown already.

They really made Nathan leave the couples dinner since he didn't have a date. They could've at least gave him a steak to go since he had a failed courtship and seemed heartbroken. Mad petty of them.

Also I feel like chad for some reason isn't a fan of Bobby. He seemed very serious and stern. Bobby seems opposite of chad. IMO he's seems to be a bit of a show off and very touchy feely, which is normal for the real world, but not for a man who went to 3 journey of the hearts. 

Two comments on the birthing/going home thing, and the married in college thing (then onto the show) :

One - both times that I gave birth I chose an epidural, and I swear both times they didn't work (ring of fire is real y'all).  I could feel my legs/thighs/stomach and of course, the baby.  Anyways, so I don't know if that's why or not, but about an hour or two after birth (after stitching and bleeding, etc.), I mean, I felt good to go.  I was walking just fine, was able to use the bathroom, etc.  I was literally walking around the halls, with the baby in the rolling bassinet.  First time, I stayed two and half days, and the second time, a day and a half (and that was more to be with my babies because they both had bad jaundice and needed the lights).  *believe me, I know how lucky I am to have recovered so well, because my pregnancies were miserable, and I was grateful to be able to finally feel better!

Two - I got married in college.  December in SC is actually pretty nice :)  Between my husband, Mom, and FIL, they pretty much planned 90% of the wedding, while I focused on college (they wanted to, it wasn't a scenario of me demanding it or anything).  But honestly, if I had to do it again, I would probably have taken a semester off.  The whole family seemed super stressed, and my hubby became a mini bridezilla :P  And then I got bronchitis right after the wedding :/  Between everything, I still ended up taking a the next semester off (because of the bronchitis, I also ended up with whopping cough, and then pneumonia! - worst six months ever), and then never went back @___@  So if Tori is actually waiting till she's done, good for her.  I'm sure there's plenty of women who can handle getting married in college, and I'm sure other factors didn't help in my case, but yeah I'm obviously not a success story for it lol.

ONTO THE SHOW . . .
(bullet pointed for brevity)

- Carlin and Evan seem really paired well (I actually like how Erin's personality is being shown - i.e. the introduction story for him, and she's no longer put on the pedestal of "Gothard princess").  Actually all the of the couples seem to have been paired well off imo.
- I am 100% Tori when she says other people can handle the details ~ not because she doesn't want to handle them, but because she knows everybody else cares more about them than she does (at least that's my projection lol)
- the whole egg out of the kleenex box- shaking game was a bit NIKE! with all that hip thrusting.  I mean, I could care less, but I think I spotted Carlin going red ;)
- Michael is still the sweetest (at least on the show)

- Mama Jane segment was actually pretty adorable
- I think Alyssa would have been a-okay with only a handful of people visiting (but did seem to light up when Kelly said they'd have some one on one shopping time)

- The whole Nathan at the I love you dinner debacle has already been covered, but yeah, I was mortified for the guy when he was told to come back when he's got a girl.  I agree it was probably in jest, but I felt the guy deserved a steak dinner for FLYING in people and chaperoning :/
- The going round the room and praising things about each couple was really sweet and I kinda want to use it the next time we got family gathered :)
- Another way the Bates are more dangerous than the Duggars: during the whole Nerf gun segement (can we imagine the Duggar's doing this??), Lawson was caught lying about being hit by a bullet, and people were joking about it.  It seemed almost normal - now of course things might have been different behind the scenes.  But I feel like IF a Duggar child/kidult had been caught lying, it one would never have aired on tv, OR a huge big deal would been made out of it and how non-Christlike they're being. 

Anyways, that's all I got :P

@Fun UndiesWith the epidural, they usually have it taper off (at least a little) when you start pushing. That way you can feel the contraction and know when to push better. My epidural worked really well - too well - but I still felt it when her head and shoulders came out. It's possible that's what happened with you too (or the medicine just decided it was going to be lazy and didn't want to work. Lol!)

@VelociRapture I've heard of "walking epidurals" for some, so I'm wondering if they gave me an epidural light ;)

I have read that there's a small percentage of women who have no reaction to an epidural . . . But who knows for sure.

I do remember literally showing my husband the clip of Erin giving birth to Brooklyn with her epidural and being all like, "that was not my experience.  Look at her, all chill, smiling and relaxed!"  And he's like, "whoa, that was how it was supposed* to go?"

*I am aware that even with a working epidural every woman's experience varies bases on multiple factors.  But darnit I was frustrated watching that segment :S and so was my husband lol.

On 4/14/2017 at 10:13 AM, nausicaa said:

Erin graduated a semester late, I believe. 

I also wonder if, since she was the first Bates wedding, they didn't realize just how much work it would be to plan such an event, and Tori has learned from it. I knew a woman who had her wedding a month after graduating college and she missed out on a lot of the fun senior year stuff because she was so busy with wedding planning. Life is long and full of stretches of monotony, I've never understood not wanting to spread the fun stuff out a bit.

And Tori may really hate the winter and want a wedding where it will be easier to have a lot of flowers and outdoor photos.

Erin graduated in May with her class. 

Someone asked about the wedding that previews of BuB promised. We know that Tabby Paine's wedding was filmed. So there you have it. The Bateses don't have anything coming up on the horizon until possibly later this year with Carlin. They could easily be courting by now; didn't the previews also promise a courtship? I can't remember, and I delete episodes from my DVR as soon as I get around to watching them. 

The courtship is probably Carlin and Evan. Are they really going to show that rapist on tv? I think it's time to complain to Up.

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

We know that Tabby Paine's wedding was filmed. So there you have it.

I think I missed this - when did we find that out? Jeez, terrible life choices all around. D:

I'm pretty sure that Pickles reported it. I didn't read her post, though; I think I read about it here. Although she normally just focuses on the Duggars, she latched on to the Rapist pretty closely. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I'm pretty sure that Pickles reported it. I didn't read her post, though; I think I read about it here. Although she normally just focuses on the Duggars, she latched on to the Rapist pretty closely. 

Here you go:

IMG_4609.thumb.PNG.fcbdc0b5def4fba6ef055dbe50cf167f.PNG

Thats pretty much the only recent mention of the wedding I saw on Pickles. I didn't scroll back too far, so I might have missed the post you think you remember.

The wedding is probably going to be to someone completely off of our radar.  I don't think they'll show Tabitha's wedding either.  They might film the Bates getting ready for the wedding or something if there is a a dramatic moment (We forgot the shirts for the little boys!  Gil left his socks at home and has to borrow Trace's colorful ones!)

I wouldn't put it past UP to broadcast Tabitha's wedding.

yeah, if I remember correctly they still broadcast 7th heaven even though the guy who played eric is a molester.

7 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

yeah, if I remember correctly they still broadcast 7th heaven even though the guy who played eric is a molester.

HE IS???? I loved that show as a kid and we often watched it together with my siblings and my mother. Although our family was never like the Camdens (my mother drinks and smokes and is a HUGE supporter of a free feminine sexuality and trying out a LOT) it somehow helped us to get over my mothers divorce from my little siblings father. 

Wow. Another asshole. 

36 minutes ago, ophelia said:

HE IS???? I loved that show as a kid and we often watched it together with my siblings and my mother. Although our family was never like the Camdens (my mother drinks and smokes and is a HUGE supporter of a free feminine sexuality and trying out a LOT) it somehow helped us to get over my mothers divorce from my little siblings father. 

Wow. Another asshole. 

https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/crime/stephen-collins-confesses-sexual-abuse-of-underage-girls-to-people/amp/

There you go. Sorry if this ruins your day. Or your childhood. :(

13 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I wouldn't put it past UP to broadcast Tabitha's wedding.

I'm still not sold on them showcasing her wedding. I mean, has Tabitha even appeared on the show? Or been mentioned in anyway? I just don't see why they would take a risk by showing the wedding of a non-"cast" member to a convicted rapist. I mean, I know leghumpers are good at ignoring inconvenient facts about their idols... but I don't think UP would want that kind of attention focused on the Bateses. It could lead to the media looking further into other allegations and lawsuits.

I don't know what other wedding they'd be referring to though. It's not like they're going to show a Duggar wedding when TLC is already filming those.

It could just be a completely random wedding, like Kelly's sister's. I highly doubt they'll show Tabitha being sold married to the rapist.

So maybe I'm going to hell for this but...

IMG_9779.PNG

I'm guessing they are either unaware or blissfully ignorant that Heads Up was created at least in part by Ellen Degeneres. THEY BE SUPPORTING AN EBIL LESBIAN! 

I seriously love Ellen so much. I'm not much of a crier, but I often cry at her (de)generosity #badpun

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived