IGNORED

Maxwell 7: Still boring

Destiny

Tagalogs and Do Si dos all the way. Now those evil Girl Scouts are pushing smores cookies and I may or may not have been randomly driving to grocery stores looking for their cookie stands. I am not ashamed as this addiction only last a few months of the year before the Girl Scouts cut me off. 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have eaten almost a whole box of the new Smores cookies today after my granddaughter made her cookie delivery.   I have two granddaughter in Girl Scouts -one a Daisy and one a Brownie- and the daughter who is the Brownie's mom is the Troop Leader.  My daughter posted a photo of her Brownie daughter at her Troop's cookie booth at Bi-Lo this afternoon. My Daisy granddaughter was at her Troop's booth at War-Mart.

If you want something like the Smores cookies and can't find them or don't live where you can get them, they are a lot like fudge covered graham crackers.  They're good!

Keebler makes a cookie that tastes a lot like a Samoa.  They also make one that's quite like Thin Mints.

As for freezing GS cookies, they just don't last long enough to make it to the freezer, lol.

11 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I just remembered Ruthie turned three yesterday (Feb 18)

I hope she had a great birthday with a cake, ice cream and everything and didn't just get three animal crackers as her birthday treat.  That would seriously suck!

Happy Birthday, little Ruthie! I hope you were gushed over and given tons of attention!

I've always wondered why they don't do birthday posts for the grandkids. Seems like it would be simple enough, especially since there really aren't that many of them. 

On 2/17/2017 at 8:32 PM, Bethella said:

Hi my name is Bethella and on Valentine's Day I discovered Pillsbury's Thin Mint Brownies and baked three pans of them, admittedly one was for work and one was for a meeting but the third one...:character-cookiemonster:

edited to add: they also had a chocolate coconut blondie/samoas mix

B is for Brownie and that's good enough for me

On 2/18/2017 at 11:25 PM, Granwych said:

Keebler makes a cookie that tastes a lot like a Samoa.  They also make one that's quite like Thin Mints.

As for freezing GS cookies, they just don't last long enough to make it to the freezer, lol.

Freezer?  I'm lucky if they make it home from the cookie stand.

I would love to see pictures of Ruthie's birthday party if she had one. She is such a darling little girl, I always enjoy her photos. I hope she had a special day that was all about her!! 

Does this mean Lydia will be two soon? April? 

29 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Does this mean Lydia will be two soon? April? 

March 23

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Happy Birthday, little Ruthie! I hope you were gushed over and given tons of attention!

I've always wondered why they don't do birthday posts for the grandkids. Seems like it would be simple enough, especially since there really aren't that many of them. 

Don't typical Maxwell birthday posts include references to some personal preferences and characteristics?  Are Maxwell children allowed to have those?

Ruthie's birthday post would have been as follows:

"Happy Birthday, Ruthie! We are so blessed to have you in our family. Your love for the Lord Jesus grows every day, and you are already showing us you have a servant's heart. You are always cheerfully helping around the house and watching the little ones."

1 hour ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Ruthie's birthday post would have been as follows:

"Happy Birthday, Ruthie! We are so blessed to have you in our family. Your love for the Lord Jesus grows every day, and you are already showing us you have a servant's heart. You are always cheerfully helping around the house and watching the little ones."

But how does she like her coffee?

6 hours ago, uber frau said:

Nathan and Melanie's seem to but Chris and NR Anna's don't.

Nathan and Melanie seem to have distinct personalities.  Chris is just a stodgy thing, and NR Anna, bless her heart, is a frumper-wearing, babymaking "High-beamer."  (Always smiling, even with varicose veins and sweet fellowshipping with her headship.)  Nathan and Melanie's kids seem to be happy little things, but I really don't see too much of Chris and NR Anna's to know what to make of them.

Add:  "Bless her heart," in describing NR Anna, means that she has one of the toughest jobs on the planet, cohabiting with Chris, IMHO.

20 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I hope she had a great birthday with a cake, ice cream and everything and didn't just get three animal crackers as her birthday treat.  That would seriously suck!

And I hope no one watched her like a hawk leading up to her birthday looking for signs of selfishness and actual excitement over her birthday.

No birthday for her next year if she can't control herself.

Sheesh these people are nuts

Ya wanna know what makes me mad?  We know Steve reads here so he KNOWS we are interested in Ruthie's Birthday. Yet he STILL -*stomps foot*- does not authorize the release of a Birthday post for today. I mean, I specifically wrote that I'd like to see photos of her party and...nothing. 

I expected more from you, Steve!  You are not meeting the needs of the majority of your readers. It's almost like you don't care what we want. 

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Ya wanna know what makes me mad?  We know Steve reads here so he KNOWS we are interested in Ruthie's Birthday. Yet he STILL -*stomps foot*- does not authorize the release of a Birthday post for today. I mean, I specifically wrote that I'd like to see photos of her party and...nothing. 

I expected more from you, Steve!  You are not meeting the needs of the majority of your readers. It's almost like you don't care what we want. 

Ohhhhh on a day of bad news, I needed a laugh! You brought it & then some, @usmcmom! Semper Fi!!!!

8 hours ago, usmcmom said:

What it really is about is that he can't charge anything for the info.  Maybe he can start a pay-per-view of Maxwellland.  Nah, there would have to be something to show, and how many times can the ladies demonstrate how to clean a ceiling fan?  The lettuce trick still has to be shown, though.

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Ohhhhh on a day of bad news, I needed a laugh! You brought it & then some, @usmcmom! Semper Fi!!!!

Oh. I am sorry you have had a bad day but happy I could make you smile for a minute. 

Also, Steve could be doing his part by posting pictures of Ruthie. But NOOOOOO-uh!!! Calia is cute, of course, but you just know he posted those photos because we were talking about Ruthie. He's so spiteful. 

The people want Ruthie, Steve. RUTHIE. RUTHIE. RUTHIE. 

If we specifically request enough topics, Steve will have nothing left to allow to be posted and the whole blog will have to shut down!

So... I really hope Steve posts anything about money or work!!

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

If we specifically request enough topics, Steve will have nothing left to allow to be posted and the whole blog will have to shut down!

And when, or if, the girls will ever get married...

11 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Specifically owning a home debt-free and anything in the category of construction and technology. I also want to see more Ellie pictures, and more aunties and uncles have fun with the littles posts. Anything related to leading a family as a man or stepping back and letting the husband lead the family is great, too. Steve, get on it!

On 2/17/2017 at 6:17 PM, danvillebelle said:

OMG thank you for mentioning the seven farmgirl sisters, I haven't checked them out in ages and I love them.  Truly, I do.  They seem genuinely happy - a rarity with the folks we talk about around here.

ETA: they are freaking EMT's and piloting planes.  Compared to the Maxwells, they're like a heavy metal band in jumpers.  They ROCK.  If I were Sarah, Anna or Mary and read that blog, I'd have one of two reactions:  sink into a suicidal depression; or pack a bag and walk out the door that minute.

I am just now discovering the seven farmgirl sisters, and they don't live very far from me- how have I never heard of them? They do look so happy and seem like nice people, such a contrast to the Maxwell family. (Not that the Maxwells aren't nice people, but they're just so boring and they don't seem very happy)

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived