IGNORED

Maxwell 7: Still boring

Destiny

They don't work. They don't go to school. They don't care for children. What on earth do they do that needs scheduling? I mean, was Mary like "mom can I rearrange my time slot for vacuuming the living room so I can polish cabinets instead?"

its all so very sad 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They polished the fucking cabinets again. They are punking themselves. Their existance and wasted lives cannot be real.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:42 PM, Elegant Mess said:

Hey, folks, guess what?  I recently conducted two interviews with male job candidates over long lunches - just the candidate and me were present on both occasions!  (I'm female)

Did any flirting happen?  NOPE!

Did we exchange gazes over appetizers?  NOPE!

Did anything of a sinful nature get discussed, or any innuendo get exchanged?  NOPE!

Did any cleavage or leg get flashed?  NOPE!

So, what did happen over both lunches?  Eating and talking about work-related matters.  That's it.  No muss, no fuss.   In both cases, the candidate was completely at-ease throughout the whole encounter.

I'll also report that both interviews went very well, so we're in a position where we have a good problem to have - multiple highly-qualified candidates to choose from!

See, Steve?  Working with women who are in a position of authority is possible!

What about buttons???  Were there any "sinfully placed, distracting" buttons??

Teri's post seems almost like trolling to me. Could the Maxwell's actually have a sense or humor?

I'm really curious what their schedules are like. I so wish they would post them. What the hell do they do all day?

48 minutes ago, Granwych said:

What about buttons???  Were there any "sinfully placed, distracting" buttons??

Buttonless tops worn on both occasions. :-)

Just now, Elegant Mess said:

Buttonless tops worn on both occasions. :-)

Very clever of you!  Congrats on all the well-qualified applicants.

23 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I'm really curious what their schedules are like. I so wish they would post them. What the hell do they do all day?

I think they prepare schedules, obtain approval, print and distribute them, monitor the optimal level of detail on the schedules and the time it actually takes to do each task, record performance data, hold meetings, make projections regarding future task requirements and the availability/ability of family members to accomplish them (e.g., current babies), list resource requirements for each task including costs and any anticipated delays, obtain resources, edit schedules as required, and try to thoroughly and efficiently perform the tasks that have been scheduled.

Immense overhead, IMO.

Gee, my DH and I do spring cleaning every year. Top to bottom. I've never thought of taking pictures. Have to do that. I'm sure you'll all find it enlightening! :my_rolleyes:

Teri's articles have gone beyond boring. Talk about repetitive! I'm certain even her die-hard followers must have gotten the point by now. Children are a burden and organize , organize, organize...

7 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

How in the world could the Maxwells not manage a once-per-year chore? 

Teri passive aggressively forgot to put it on the annual schedule?

One of the things I notice about Maxhell is how inefficient they are.  If it is not on the schedule they don't do it.  If it is not on last year's master shopping list they don't buy it.  

So if they forget to add stuff to the master schedule or the master shopping list chaos ensues.

They make an idol of the schedule.

I cannot believe that I read a whole post about cabinet polishing. I must admit that I did ponder going into the kitchen to polish a cabinet but my roommate would think I had lost my mind so I won't. Maybe next year. 

23 minutes ago, Snarfblatt said:

I must admit that I did ponder going into the kitchen to polish a cabinet but my roommate would think I had lost my mind so I won't. Maybe next year. 

I can rearrange my busy schedule of Bible reading and judging people to help you because I'm a good Christian who hasn't had the seeds of entertainment planted in me.

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Teri's post seems almost like trolling to me. Could the Maxwell's actually have a sense or humor?

No, but you do.

2 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Gee, my DH and I do spring cleaning every year. Top to bottom. I've never thought of taking pictures. Have to do that. I'm sure you'll all find it enlightening! :my_rolleyes:

Promise to grin manic-widely at the camera as though you were about to partake in the coolest thing ever (other than sweet fellowship of course)?

I could imagine if Teri was still homeschooling a bunch of kids, that something like cleaning cabinets may get pushed to the bottom of a cleaning list, but with 4 adult kids at home, no homeschooling and no conferences to go to anymore, they could clean the damned things every week if they wanted to.

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think they prepare schedules, obtain approval, print and distribute them, monitor the optimal level of detail on the schedules and the time it actually takes to do each task, record performance data, hold meetings, make projections regarding future task requirements and the availability/ability of family members to accomplish them (e.g., current babies), list resource requirements for each task including costs and any anticipated delays, obtain resources, edit schedules as required, and try to thoroughly and efficiently perform the tasks that have been scheduled.

Immense overhead, IMO.

Now I'm picturing  their lives as an Office Space type situation. Milton + Stapler = Sarah + Husband. My mind is running with this now!! Vacuum cleaner destruction to Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangster!! 

5 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I know right, it reads like a parody!

Gee, doesn't anyone ever say,  "To heck with the cabinets, it's a beautiful day outside, let's go out and enjoy the weather."  Better yet, tell Steve to polish them himself while everyone else goes out to Dairy Queen for a HUGE concrete mixer :P 

oh yeah, musn't have any fun..

3 hours ago, Divemaster01 said:

Gee, doesn't anyinclusiveer say,  "To heck with the cabinets, it's a beautiful day outside, let's go out and enjoy the weather."  Better yet, tell Steve to polish them himself while everyone else goes out to Dairy Queen for a HUGE concrete mixer :P 

oh yeah, musn't have any fun..

Well in nine days Im gonna have a lot of fun...beach and drinks at an all inclusive in the Caruibbean

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Well in nine days Im gonna have a lot of fun...beach and drinks at an all inclusive in the Caruibbean

Well, gee thanks while I sit here in a New England snowstorm!  (Nah, who am I kidding?  I haven't got a spare dollar and I'm certainly not going to wear a swimsuit in public---have a great time!!)

7 hours ago, Divemaster01 said:

Gee, doesn't anyone ever say,  "To heck with the cabinets, it's a beautiful day outside, let's go out and enjoy the weather."  

Clearly you missed the previous blog post recounting every detail of their walk around the block last week, 

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

Well, gee thanks while I sit here in a New England snowstorm! 

This.  It's freaking snowing again.  And it's going to be frigid tomorrow, as Sarah would say.

I'm now bracing for the inevitable photos of a mummified Baby BJ posed uncomfortably in Daddy's hands.  They seem a bit slow about doing the baby photo shoot this time.

32 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

Clearly you missed the previous blog post recounting every detail of their walk around the block last week, 

I did see that, riveting to be sure!  Need to get out of the neighborhood once in awhile for more variety.  I went to their city's website and saw lots of fun things to do.  I found some amazing trails to walk on too, including the Oregon Trail.

What terrifying things do they think would happen if they give up their Holy Schedule for a day?

Sleep in til 9? Drive to Chipotle for lunch? Watch 5 Gilmore Girls episodes in a row? Let the dishes stack up in the sink until dinner time? Take a nap that turns into afternoon sex? Go to a friend's house just to return something, and end up spending the afternoon laughing and chatting? Tell Christopher to clean his own damn ceiling fans if Anna Marie needs help? 

Maxhell shudders at the thought...

*New post* I don't think Steve knows what a cliffhanger truly is (probably due to a lack of entertainment).  What he gave us was too short and too boring to entice anyone to tune in another time for the rest of the story. I must admit, though, that I'm not sure if the "note" is real or not. I'll leave that decision to the more dialed-into-the-Maxwells FJers.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived