IGNORED

Maxwell 7: Still boring

Destiny

36 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I also like how Ryan managed to get a knock in on her own mom who was a single parent and worked many jobs.

Consequently, Ryan never learned the Mommy/Housewife thing.

Well, since she had a mom, who obviously worked hard for her family, I'd say Ryan had a very good role model for being a mom.

As for the housewife thing, I would hope Ryan did what most of us who grew up in a single parent household did; help out around the house!

Did she really never do any household chores while her poor mother worked many jobs?

If Ryan is gonna criticize her own parents, where is the hate for her missing dad?

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SPHASH said:

If you think the latest blog post is bad read Steve's latest seriously article.  Abortion ranting.

Ah, Steve.  Neither logic nor writing skills have ever been his strong points.

Three times God clearly told mankind to be fruitful and multiply. He has never taken that command back.   

Then he gives the texts.  Conclusion:

No wonder there is such an attack on the innocent, defenseless unborn.

Steve is apparently suggesting to God that He takes the command to be fruitful and multiply back so no-one would ever need nor ever have an abortion.

I don't know, I think the letter from "Ryan" is a fake. The spelling of the name is male, the mistake about Michelle Duggar's name, all the Maxwell talking points being hit, something just says fake to me. 

These letters of praise always sound fake. I'm sure not a single on of them has been legit. Steve sends them to Teri to give her something "positive" to post, I'm sure of it.

9 hours ago, kpmom said:

I also like how Ryan managed to get a knock in on her own mom who was a single parent and worked many jobs.

Consequently, Ryan never learned the Mommy/Housewife thing.

Well, since she had a mom, who obviously worked hard for her family, I'd say Ryan had a very good role model for being a mom.

As for the housewife thing, I would hope Ryan did what most of us who grew up in a single parent household did; help out around the house!

Did she really never do any household chores while her poor mother worked many jobs?

No shit. I grew up in a house of women, my mother & grandmother & sister. Mom & Grandma worked. My sister & I had chores around the house that involved cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing. Later, budgeting & shopping. We learned all this while mom & Grandma worked and raised us, and we went to school and held jobs once old enough. Plus, once we were working we had to budget our money and report on it - it was not spending money for us, it was life lessons. We had to save, certain expenses were turned over to us (we bought all our own personal products if we wanted something other than the Suave or Head & Shoulders shampoo, etc); we had to contribute to clothes expenses - - the whole damn shebang. By the time we were on our own we knew how to pay our bills, budget, cook our own food, do our own laundry, clean our own house. It was amazing how that happened with the heathen women who raised us. My sister later had and raised two daughters who also learned how to do things other than make babies. 

I find it terrifying that there are women in the world who think they were 'wronged' by being raised by working parents who didn't focus 100% of the raising of their daughters on housework and childbirth. 

7 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I don't know, I think the letter from "Ryan" is a fake. The spelling of the name is male, the mistake about Michelle Duggar's name, all the Maxwell talking points being hit, something just says fake to me. 

It wasn't one of their better efforts at a fake testimonial, to be sure.  They forgot to proof it.

We have much evidence of Steve editing posts to say what he thinks they should say.  And evidence of many "testimonials" that make no sense whatsoever when you parse them

Steve spins like a top and would never admit to massive surgery on a post - or lying by omission.

Steve is a player with no conscience when it comes to things like this.  

He does have a religious justification - he thinks that lies, lies by omission,  and spins in the name of Jebus and DEATH are totes OK.  To save souls.

I just can't get over how raising children is seen as a burden.

Being child-free is fine (I am) but if you do summon a new little soul into this world don't you have a duty to be happy about it, or at least pretend you are? Yes it's hard work, everyone who has children says so, but if you don't appreciate the element of reward there is in seeing an infant grow and learn new things and slowly turn into an adult.... why bother having children in the first place?

How does that make her brood feel, that their very existence was like a world war (this is what "in the trenches" means!) and that without tight scheduling of every breath no one would have made it?

Also, while having young children is harder than working full time in a job of some description (sleepless nights, being interrupted a lot, no down time etc) I do think that as they grow being a full-time mother isn't that much of a burden any more. Hard work, yes, of course, but then so is working in a hard-pressure, 12-hours a day job where you can and will get fired for a mistake and you can't afford not being in work. Not to say it's easy either, but I have a hard time buying that "motherhood-as-martyrdom" trope. If it really was that awful why not take turns doing it with your spouse, as in wife stays home for 5 or 10 years then husband stays home for 5 or 10 years, repeat until all children are grown up. Having it slightly better off as a stay at home parent to older children is probably payback for having it worse as the stay at home parent of younger children. So why not sit back and enjoy how the kids you raised from scratch are now having interesting conversations with you and slowly become your friends rather than your toddlers while your co-parent is shouldering the money-earning side of things.

I apologise If I've (unwittingly!) offended anyone. I just don't get why Teri-the-mother-of-eight makes it sounds like motherhood is an awful, awful position to be it.

35 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

I just can't get over how raising children is seen as a burden.

Being child-free is fine (I am) but if you do summon a new little soul into this world don't you have a duty to be happy about it, or at least pretend you are? Yes it's hard work, everyone who has children says so, but if you don't appreciate the element of reward there is in seeing an infant grow and learn new things and slowly turn into an adult.... why bother having children in the first place?

How does that make her brood feel, that their very existence was like a world war (this is what "in the trenches" means!) and that without tight scheduling of every breath no one would have made it?

Also, while having young children is harder than working full time in a job of some description (sleepless nights, being interrupted a lot, no down time etc) I do think that as they grow being a full-time mother isn't that much of a burden any more. Hard work, yes, of course, but then so is working in a hard-pressure, 12-hours a day job where you can and will get fired for a mistake and you can't afford not being in work. Not to say it's easy either, but I have a hard time buying that "motherhood-as-martyrdom" trope. If it really was that awful why not take turns doing it with your spouse, as in wife stays home for 5 or 10 years then husband stays home for 5 or 10 years, repeat until all children are grown up. Having it slightly better off as a stay at home parent to older children is probably payback for having it worse as the stay at home parent of younger children. So why not sit back and enjoy how the kids you raised from scratch are now having interesting conversations with you and slowly become your friends rather than your toddlers while your co-parent is shouldering the money-earning side of things.

I apologise If I've (unwittingly!) offended anyone. I just don't get why Teri-the-mother-of-eight makes it sounds like motherhood is an awful, awful position to be it.

I agree. She makes motherhood sound so unappealing. Literally their only reason for having kids is to produce more followers for Jesus. Hence the vasectomy reversal. She does not enjoy children at all. Of course we don't hear from Melanie, NR Anna or Elissa but they seem to enjoy motherhood more. Melanie probably because she's had such a difficult time with pregnancy, NR Anna because she is clearly happy as a fundie SAHM, and Elissa probably just likes kids. Plus Calia is currently an only. 

Went to Ash Wed services earlier this week.  Gospel lesson was Matthew 1-8.  Maxwells should read it again.

1 hour ago, Foudeb said:

I just don't get why Teri-the-mother-of-eight makes it sounds like motherhood is an awful, awful position to be it.

In my career, I've had a lot of dealings with depressed people.  With all the reading and observing that I've done about these people, and Teri in particular.  Especially regarding the severe post partum depression she has suffered and discussed in detail.    I have always wondered if she suffers from Dysthymia (persistent depressive disorder).  This can last for years, and these people tend to be gloomy in general  and rarely happy.  I highly doubt she ever got any treatment for her post partum other than some substandard religious based "treatment".  I remember her talking about some nonsense of admitting to PPD at some church and being prayed over? SCOFF.  So it would not surprise me in the least that she has lingering mental health issues.

9 hours ago, Foudeb said:

I just don't get why Teri-the-mother-of-eight makes it sounds like motherhood is an awful, awful position to be it.

Untreated postpartum/clinical depression. When existence itself is a burden to you and you live in a religious sect that tells you that your worth is entirely derived from your abilities as a broodmare (despite the fact that each pregnancy/birth fucks with your hormones and makes your depression worse), it's not that surprising if you regard motherhood as an endless drudgery that you'd give anything to be released from.

6 hours ago, vspielman said:

In my career, I've had a lot of dealings with depressed people.  With all the reading and observing that I've done about these people, and Teri in particular.  Especially regarding the severe post partum depression she has suffered and discussed in detail.    I have always wondered if she suffers from Dysthymia (persistent depressive disorder).  This can last for years, and these people tend to be gloomy in general  and rarely happy.  I highly doubt she ever got any treatment for her post partum other than some substandard religious based "treatment".  I remember her talking about some nonsense of admitting to PPD at some church and being prayed over? SCOFF.  So it would not surprise me in the least that she has lingering mental health issues.

I think post partum depression has been our assumption and opinion - albeit educated opinion.  We don't know for sure. 

All the Maxwells have said is - depression.  But, according to the Maxwells, Teri's depression was not a moral or religious failing, like lesser beings, because Teri's depression was caused by hormone imbalances.

From the horses' mouths, Teri's "treatment" consisted of:

• One counselling session with a Godly woman (pastor's wife) - and that didn't help so she never went back.
  • OTC topical progesterone cream.
  • Steve taking more and more responsibility off her shoulders, and literally comparing her to a sick and injured sheep.  He waxes eloquent with Biblical quotes about a husband's responsibility to be Shepherd taking care of his flock.
  • The almighty Schedule.
  • Prayer.
  • More babies.

i still tend to think post partum is the most likely but I don't know.  You may be right about Dysthymia, but Teri also always strikes me as an introvert who really, really, needs her private time, but that may be me projecting.  :)

Teri may love the idea of children but in practice finds small children a real strain to be around.   Some people do.   I'm always very glad to return small kids to their parents after a couple of hours enjoying their company.  I think Teri probably loves all her children and grandchildren but prefers adult company.  

I don't think she is necessarily depressed or particularly gloomy today, but the whole family is geared towards taking care of her and protecting her because of the past.  Her fragility must always be wrapped in cotton wool in case she ever becomes depressed again.

My theory is that describing motherhood as joyless, terribly difficult, and "being in the trenches" provides a Maxwellian rationale for Teri's years of depression and real struggle to cope.  She is a "wonderful mother" both because of and in spite of the serious, and untreated, depression.  

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

My theory is that describing motherhood as joyless, terribly difficult, and "being in the trenches" provides a Maxwellian rationale for Teri's years of depression and real struggle to cope.  She is a "wonderful mother" both because of and in spite of the serious, and untreated, depression.  

If that is indeed the case, Teri should never have been forced to bear five additional children.  Steve Maxwell is a very selfish man.

Of course, I'm not saying anything nobody else has.  While I feel bad for the Maxwell adult female children, I'm happy that the female grandkids seem happy.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I think postpartum depression has been our a s sumption and opinion - albeit educated opinion.  We don't know for sure. 

All the Maxwells have said is - depression.  But, according to the Maxwells, Teri's depression was not a moral or religious failing, like lesser beings, because Teri's depression was caused by hormone imbalances.

From the horses' mouths, Teri's "treatment" consisted of:

• One counselling session with a Godly woman (pastor's wife) - and that didn't help so she never went back.
  • OTC topical progesterone cream.
  • Steve taking more and more responsibility off her shoulders, and literally comparing her to a sick and injured sheep.  He waxes eloquent with Biblical quotes about a husband's responsibility to be Shepherd taking care of his flock.
  • The almighty Schedule.
  • Prayer.
  • More babies.

i still tend to think post partum is the most likely but I don't know.  You may be right about Dysthymia, but Teri also always strikes me as an introvert who really, really, needs her private time, but that may be me projecting.  :)

Teri may love the idea of children but in practice finds small children a real strain to be around.   Some people do.   I'm always very glad to return small kids to their parents after a couple of hours enjoying their company.  I think Teri probably loves all her children and grandchildren but prefers adult company.  

I don't think she is necessarily depressed or particularly gloomy today, but the whole family is geared towards taking care of her and protecting her because of the past.  Her fragility must always be wrapped in cotton wool in case she ever becomes depressed again.

Im the same way.  While I love my young nephewd I can only handle kids in small doses.  I wont teach Sunday school anymore cuz I cant several kids at once

New post up.  Pics of Benjamin with each member of the immediate FAM damily.  Uh Poor Sarah your married brothers are still part of the immediate family. If Coward Steve was POTUS you would all have SS protection just like the fuckin adult Trump brats. BTW Benjamin is called BJ.  Insert joke here.

The have the same baby swing I do. Weird.

I find it odd they used this post to mention Susannah. 

18 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  Pics of Benjamin with each member of the immediate FAM damily.  Uh Poor Sarah your married brothers are still part of the immediate family. If Coward Steve was POTUS you would all have SS protection just like the fuckin adult Trump brats. BTW Benjamin is called BJ.  Insert joke here.

Surely, SURELY they're not calling this baby B.J. Surely...:my_confused:

Those aren't even the kid's initials. Didn't they name this one after Steve-o-rino? Which would make his initials the even more ironic BS. 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Surely, SURELY they're not calling this baby B.J. Surely...:my_confused:

I'm just really glad they didn't caption the picture of Steve with the baby "Dad receives BJ".

5 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm just really glad they didn't caption the picture of Steve with the baby "Dad receives BJ".

I noticed in the pic with Coward Steve they had to bring up Ben's middle name is Steven.

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Those aren't even the kid's initials. Didn't they name this one after Steve-o-rino? Which would make his initials the even more ironic BS. 

I think they may have realized that the initials BS are not ideal.  Someone may clue them in about BJ (which is a ridiculous abbreviation for Benjamin anyway) and I expect they'll start referring to him as something else soon.  Like Ben.

Beautiful baby, such a shame that any potential will be wasted. When normal people look at their grandchild like Steve is, they think of all they may accomplish in life and none of these kids or kidults will ever be able to do anything fun or find their passion and pursue it. 

This post just makes me sad seeing everyone in the same place...

On 3/4/2017 at 6:26 AM, mango_fandango said:

I agree. She makes motherhood sound so unappealing. Literally their only reason for having kids is to produce more followers for Jesus. Hence the vasectomy reversal. She does not enjoy children at all. Of course we don't hear from Melanie, NR Anna or Elissa but they seem to enjoy motherhood more. Melanie probably because she's had such a difficult time with pregnancy, NR Anna because she is clearly happy as a fundie SAHM, and Elissa probably just likes kids. Plus Calia is currently an only. 

I was sure Melanie enjoyed motherhood until someone shared the post that contained her schedule for baby Abigail. Sorry; I can't remember who posted it but I will do some searching.  Teri actually wrote that Melanie cuddled the baby for ten minutes after her bottle. I was shocked and saddened that someone who had experienced such loss actually set a time limit on cuddling her new baby. This was when Abigail was her only child too. I can't imagine how strict the scheduling is now that number five has arrived. 

17 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I was sure Melanie enjoyed motherhood until someone shared the post that contained her schedule for baby Abigail. Sorry; I can't remember who posted it but I will do some searching.  Teri actually wrote that Melanie cuddled the baby for ten minutes after her bottle. I was shocked and saddened that someone who had experienced such loss actually set a time limit on cuddling her new baby. This was when Abigail was her only child too. I can't imagine how strict the scheduling is now that number five has arrived. 

That is incredibly sad and horrifying. :-( 

So all the grandkids have a nickname, except Joshua, who is ALWAYS Joshua and never Josh. Calia doesn't either, but then you can't shorten Calia much (except maybe Cal, and that'd probably be too cool a nickname for Maxhell) and she doesn't appear on the blog as much as her cousins.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived