IGNORED

Maxwell 7: Still boring

Destiny

That picture of Melanie makes me think this pregnancy has been really hard on her. Hopefully the birth will be easier and she won't need a hospital stay and baby won't need a NICU stay. 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/02/2017 at 11:20 AM, Trynn said:

It's taken me a long time to get out of "video games are evil" mindset. It took someone giving me a Nintendo DS3, with the intent that I would use it to get my drinking under control (I can't drink and play games at the same time.) and it helps not just with that but with anxiety.

But even as something you just do for fun, they're not a moral issue.

It's a moral issue for my parents, because it's categorised as a complete waste of time.

(also I missed a verb in my previous post.  I meant 'you should see Kevin Swanson' :P)  

On 14/02/2017 at 10:09 AM, Fluffles said:

The desert cookie post was definitely on Feb 6

Oh, I thought they were dessert cookies! ;) 

So did Sarah drive Melanie to the doctor's appointment? If so, was it because Melanie's husband was at a real job no one admits he has? (I can never remember which brother is married to Melanie or Anna.) I am convinced the older sons have real jobs outside of the Maxwell world because no way is there enough money to support everyone. If John is selling homes, there is no reason to believe he others aren't working as well. 

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

That picture of Melanie makes me think this pregnancy has been really hard on her. Hopefully the birth will be easier and she won't need a hospital stay and baby won't need a NICU stay. 

Yes, I hope everything goes well. And I also hope this is her last baby. 

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

Yes, I hope everything goes well. And I also hope this is her last baby. 

She's 41. She might have one more but given her history it's unlikely.

4 hours ago, socalrules said:

So did Sarah drive Melanie to the doctor's appointment? If so, was it because Melanie's husband was at a real job no one admits he has? (I can never remember which brother is married to Melanie or Anna.) I am convinced the older sons have real jobs outside of the Maxwell world because no way is there enough money to support everyone. If John is selling homes, there is no reason to believe he others aren't working as well. 

Didn't one of the older Maxwell brothers do IT work at a real company? Or he did at one time?

12 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Didn't one of the older Maxwell brothers do IT work at a real company? Or he did at one time?

One of the younger ones did that top secret international trip for irrigation equipment training--he works with a "real" company.  The Gothard ideal is a family business--preferably one that lets Dad be around all the time. Since that's pretty unlikely (unless Dad just barricades himself in a soundproof office at home) I'm guessing they do have real jobs, but maybe not tied to an office? Also, when you have NO DEBT, no mortgage payment, no car payment, no credit card or loan debt....he could work at 7-11 and do ok.

What will baby E's name be. Abigal, Bethany, [Chris] Tina, [An]Drew?

Do fundies other than the Maxwells say "I covet your prayers"???

That sounds so odd to me. I just can't think of the verb "to covet" in anything but a negative connotation.

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Do fundies other than the Maxwells say "I covet your prayers"???

That sounds so odd to me. I just can't think of the verb "to covet" in anything but a negative connotation.

I see it all the time among fundies. It's used in the 'I desire' or 'I earnestly crave' sense, but it never sounds quite right to me, either. 

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 6:34 PM, anjulibai said:

She looks awfully tired

Totally off topic of what you all were talking about but the Ardnt single men made me think of the single Maxwell girls and then 7farmgirlsisters. I had to go check out their blog because we don't talk much about them. 

Anna could take notes about how to write a blog that mentions dusting and how to write about graduations. 

http://sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/jessica-leahs-christmas-room-reveal/ 

On 2/11/2017 at 8:17 AM, Cassia said:

Well, she sure as hell can't have anyone thinking that the grandchildren get cookies at any time other than dessert. Talk about ludicrous - a child enjoying a cookie just for the sake of it? Gimme a break! Nope, no way... must justify it by calling it a dessert cookie. If she didn't, next thing you know is people might just start eating cookies all willy-nilly! Heaven forbid!

So...you're telling me that Teri probably has NEVER eaten a whole tube of Girl Scout Thin Mints (and maybe Caramel Delights too) in one sitting just because - you know - she could?  She's never found herself saying "Oh dear! I need to lie down after all that sugar," while she has a small glob of chocolate stuck to the corner of her mouth?

Asking for a friend. 

19 hours ago, Loveday said:

I see it all the time among fundies. It's used in the 'I desire' or 'I earnestly crave' sense, but it never sounds quite right to me, either. 

It seems strange to me too, because the only place I've heard the word "covet" is when people are told not to "covet your neighbour" I'm pretty sure it's even a commandment (Google search says yup. It's the 10th Commandment)

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

So...you're telling me that Teri probably has NEVER eaten a whole tube of Girl Scout Thin Mints (and maybe Caramel Delights too) in one sitting just because - you know - she could?  She's never found herself saying "Oh dear! I need to lie down after all that sugar," while she has a small glob of chocolate stuck to the corner of her mouth?

Asking for a friend. 

Hi my name is One Kid and Done, and I've eaten an entire box of Thin Mints in one sitting. 

OMG thank you for mentioning the seven farmgirl sisters, I haven't checked them out in ages and I love them.  Truly, I do.  They seem genuinely happy - a rarity with the folks we talk about around here.

ETA: they are freaking EMT's and piloting planes.  Compared to the Maxwells, they're like a heavy metal band in jumpers.  They ROCK.  If I were Sarah, Anna or Mary and read that blog, I'd have one of two reactions:  sink into a suicidal depression; or pack a bag and walk out the door that minute.

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Hi my name is One Kid and Done, and I've eaten an entire box of Thin Mints in one sitting. 

Hi my name is QuiversR4hunting and I am addicted to Thin Mints and I have eaten an entire box in one day. 

Thankfully, there is not a girl scout cookie anonymous!

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Hi my name is QuiversR4hunting and I am addicted to Thin Mints and I have eaten an entire box in one day. 

Hi my name is Bethella and on Valentine's Day I discovered Pillsbury's Thin Mint Brownies and baked three pans of them, admittedly one was for work and one was for a meeting but the third one...:character-cookiemonster:

edited to add: they also had a chocolate coconut blondie/samoas mix

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I may or may not be able to confirm that consumption of an entire box is no record. LOL

On 2/16/2017 at 7:47 PM, SPHASH said:

She looks awfully tired

On 2/15/2017 at 7:34 PM, anjulibai said:

I hope so too. She's had a rough go of having babies. Anna seems to not have any issue getting pregnant or giving birth, but Melanie has had it hard. As said above I do hope it's the last one for her. She may end up with one more, but I don't imagine more than that given her history and age. Poor Melanie suffered 4 years of infertility and gave birth to Susannah who sadly lived just 3 days. I was fundie when they had her and it followed them some back then and was heartbroken for them. As an atheist now, my heart still breaks for them losing their baby daughter. Then they had Abby, but she was a preemie and an emergency c-section if I recall with a NICU stay and I seem to recall Melanie needing to be on bed rest for a time also. Betsy, I think the pregnancy was tough, but she didn't need the NICU thankfully. Tina was an emergency c-section. Drew was in the NICU for a bit. I am hoping this delivery goes well and her child-bearing comes to an end for her own health.

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Look, I don't like to brag but I don't have to wait for Girl Scout cookie time to eat my weight in treats. I can put away a package of Oreos in a day - any time of the year.  I try to find a single lunch box pack (six cookies) if I MUST HAVE Oreos. Sometimes, though; I just have to pick up a whole package. You know, the size meant for a family.  Heh. 

There was that one time I found a box of two-packs - again, the lunch box size treat. Those would be fantastic because I could eat two cookies and walk away. January was a month full of health crises in our family. One evening, my husband came home and found me sitting in a puddle of blue wrappers, each having contained just two Oreos. 

"It's been a bad day," I said as I used my tongue to scrub black goo from my teeth. 

Note to self: look for those Girl Scout cookie brownie mixes. Because, why not? 

5 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

My name is SPHASH and Im addicted to Peanut Butter patties.

10 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Been there, done that, got the (larger) T shirt and more cookies...

12 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I can put away a package of Oreos in a day - any time of the year.  I try to find a single lunch box pack (six cookies) if I MUST HAVE Oreos. Sometimes, though; I just have to pick up a whole package. You know, the size meant for a family.  Heh. 

For me it's double stuff Oreo's. Yeah, there is a good reason I only buy them a few times a year!

And this is my living room right now (delivery this weekend) and that is just one kid's sales. (2 in GS)

Spoiler

1487433524830661277706.jpg

For me, I can't say how many boxes of Thin Mints I've consumed, but there are never enough. And those new THIN Oreos? Sign me up.

I'm mango_fandango and sometimes I get sad that I don't live in America with access to Girl Scout cookies. But then I remember I have a Tesco right next door and biscuits are easy access. 

Oh, and for the poster who was asking:

Nathan is married to Melanie.

Chris is married to NR Anna.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived