IGNORED

Maxwell 7: Still boring

Destiny

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/11/2017 at 9:17 AM, Cassia said:

Well, she sure as hell can't have anyone thinking that the grandchildren get cookies at any time other than dessert. Talk about ludicrous - a child enjoying a cookie just for the sake of it? Gimme a break! Nope, no way... must justify it by calling it a dessert cookie. If she didn't, next thing you know is people might just start eating cookies all willy-nilly! Heaven forbid!

I mean, to be fair, my mom was pretty strict about when I could eat sweets. Never in a repressive sort of way, but just that healthy snacks are better, and sweets are OK on special occasions or for dessert, not all the time. She also never allowed soda in the house (and even now I pretty much only like seltzer and ginger ale, and only drink Coke when there's rum involved) and sugary cereals were out of the question. Corn Flakes and Cheerios only. To this day, as much as I love me some Double Stuf Oreos and baking cookies, I pretty much only snack on cherry tomatoes and fruit unless I've specifically decided that it's a "fuck it" day or a special occasion. I'm not going to get too mad about the Maxwells limiting sweets for young kids (though it seems like all they do is bake cookies); there are so many other things they do that are far more damaging.

1 hour ago, freejugar said:

None of his kids are vocationally successful, so stfu

30 years of homeschooling  and all are employed by daddy witg the possible exception of Stud John.

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Conversely, they are also known as angel eggs. 

The image of angels laying eggs ...just, no.  Not unless said angels have beaks, scaly feet, and feathered faces.

Oh he drives me crazy. If people didn't go to college and take on debt who would have saved his daughter in law and granddaughters life? No nurses, doctors, surgeons. 

Who would protect their rights? No lawyers, judges etc

if we all did what he says is the right thing their would be chaos as people flee the city and degrees. 

But he can't accept his way doesn't suit everyone, or even most people. 

On 2/11/2017 at 3:46 PM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Cookies clearly are a new idol in the Maxwell household. The constant talk about baking cookies with "little ones" is making me feel diabetic.

On 2/11/2017 at 6:42 PM, johnhugh said:

What will they do when it's Stevie's birthday and the highlight of the day is two animal crackers? 

I think all of our talk about the Two Animal Cracker birthday what-some-may-call-a-party is making Steve create posts about F*n with baking cookies. To make them seem normal. Because they totally are. Yeah.

4 hours ago, Granwych said:

The image of angels laying eggs ...just, no.  Not unless said angels have beaks, scaly feet, and feathered faces.

Between the books of Ezekiel and The Revelation, you'll find that cherubim are pretty scary creatures.  Angels with talons and beaks would probably be far less frightening.

RE: the Orlando trip

When I went to search for "Orlando" it said there were no results. Searching for "Florida" brought up a bunch, including posts with them going to Orlando. One of the titles included the word "Orlando's" but when I searched for that, no results came up.

I think Steve disabled the search for anything involving the word Orlando. HI STEVE!

Do the Maxwells get "baby watch" threads?  I think Melanie's around 37 weeks now, and she's had a few preemies.  I don't wish an early baby on her (37 is still early), but I keep coming here thinking there will be baby news.

12 hours ago, SPHASH said:

30 years of homeschooling  and all are employed by daddy witg the possible exception of Stud John.

Yes, I rather eagerly read every Dud's Cornered that's reposted here in hopes of  discovering what it actually is that Nate, Chris and Joey do to support their wives and children!

If the Lord called Steve and Teri home and the family business--whatever it is--ceased to be, approximately *what* would N, C and J list as their occupations or their skill sets in looking for fresh employment?

And I'm not at all interested in knowing that they have no mortgages nor car payments--there are still utility bills, taxes, groceries, Scamaritan premi--- uh, love offerings--and shoes for growing feet. They would *have* to go to work somewhere. 

Put it another way: say that N went to work for his chiropractor FIL; C and J found comparable family-sanctioned employment. What about Buddy, Danny and the Other One, the grandsons?  Would NCJ deny their sons real training for the work world?

I'm not mentioning the granddaughters because we all know that they will be provided with successful yet humble, faithful husbands just like the Aunties were....

Well. So goes my weekly (MOL) peek in at Maxhell--I'm as annoyed and dismayed and outright revolted at what's going on and I need to leave or my teeth will disappear from the grinding thereof.

Continued gratitude to those of you who keep up daily with that sad mess so I don't have to. 

23 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Okay, Steve is either lazy or thinks his readers are stupid. Maybe both. 

His new Content in Christ post is the same as his most recent Seriously Dad column. 

He's also backdated the post so it looks like he posted it earlier than he did (I only saw it this evening - it wasn't there when I checked this morning). I also think he changed the date on the previous post about the cookie hunt, but I'm not sure. 

You are a doofus, Steve. 

The desert cookie post was definitely on Feb 6 - I remember the date because its a family birthday in my home. However, he did backdate his recent piece of rubbish. I did wonder why it was so long between posts - thought there might be another secret wedding. The latest post wasn't posted till Feb 12, not Feb 7. Why backdate it?

26 minutes ago, Fluffles said:

The desert cookie post was definitely on Feb 6 - I remember.  Why backdate it?

Because Coward Steve is an ass

14 hours ago, nomoxian said:

RE: the Orlando trip

When I went to search for "Orlando" it said there were no results. Searching for "Florida" brought up a bunch, including posts with them going to Orlando. One of the titles included the word "Orlando's" but when I searched for that, no results came up.

I think Steve disabled the search for anything involving the word Orlando. HI STEVE!

Here are all the results for"Orlando" on their blog via google site search :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=bunc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=site:blog.titus2.com+%2B+orlando

I seem to remember the Orlando trip as one where the Munck older girls helped pack up Maxwell stuff.  Maybe that's where Joseph first met Elizabeth Munck.

Mercifully, she got away!!

Steve's latest word salad really spoke to me. How foolish I was to get an education! And then a Master's Degree! 

I should have given up on education as soon as I learned to read and write (poorly) and dedicate my life to living with my parents, reading the Bible, and serving my father. 

It's all so clear now 

28 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

Steve's latest word salad really spoke to me. How foolish I was to get an education! And then a Master's Degree! 

I should have given up on education as soon as I learned to read and write (poorly) and dedicate my life to living with my parents, reading the Bible, and serving my father. 

It's all so clear now 

Sigh..., yeah, me too. I read Steve's words, and immediately felt such guilt and chagrin over having earned a Master's degree. Then there's having a 40-year career in a non-profit, public service profession dedicated to free and open access to information for all.

Earning an honest living, serving my community, paying my own way...what on earth was I thinking??? I should have been "seek(ing) the endorphins adult-type achievement brings" by not marrying, living with my parents forever, fasting, serving as on-call babysitter for my married brothers, and writing enlightening blog posts about how smart we were to choose stainless steel appliances.

Clearly, I have wasted my life.

6 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

It's all so clear now 

I got it all wrong too.  And I am glad I did.  Education was the key to getting away from my own Maxwellian parents, no wonder Steveovah is so scared of education.  I don't think it's the debt that he's really against, it's only to help make the argument that you don't need to educate your kids, especially if you plan to keep them forever at home anyway.   

To the bolded: if this was my life I would have probably jumped over the nearest cliff by now.  I can't think of a more boring, soul sucking (Bible reading notwithstanding) and joyless life.  

Makes sense though - education leads to independence and he can't have that, can he. It would only lead to his precious blessings leaving him!

9 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

It's all so clear now 

Not me. My parents didn't want me living with, and off, of them. I've been supporting myself since I was 16, living on my own since I was 17. Clearly, my parents had different plans for me. What was I supposed to do? Force them to take care of me my whole life? 

I wanted out as much as they wanted me out. My mom was married to a violent alcoholic, living outside that house was the only way I would make it to 18. 

Steve has zero concept of real life, real families, real situations. Not everyone grew up with controlling jesus freaks scared of their own shadow. For as fucked up as my life was as a teen, I'm grateful for it more and more each time I read Steve go on and on about how he fucked up his kid's lives. At least when I was on my own, making my own way, I was making a life of my own. None of his kids will ever do that. And that is a waste of their lives. 

I tried to explain the SAHD thing to my Dad once. He got a look of horror on his face and said "yeah don't try that I'm not supporting you." 

ETA: It was the same look he got on his face when he accidentally watched part of an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras. 

13 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Sigh..., yeah, me too. I read Steve's words, and immediately felt such guilt and chagrin over having earned a Master's degree. Then there's having a 40-year career in a non-profit, public service profession dedicated to free and open access to information for all.

Earning an honest living, serving my community, paying my own way...what on earth was I thinking??? I should have been "seek(ing) the endorphins adult-type achievement brings" by not marrying, living with my parents forever, fasting, serving as on-call babysitter for my married brothers, and writing enlightening blog posts about how smart we were to choose stainless steel appliances.

Clearly, I have wasted my life.

You can begin your redemption by taking initiative to clean the house.  Then, you can go clean your brothers' houses.  We'll let you know if you missed a spot on the ceiling fan.

Just remember to take photos of these events, by which you are certain to be blessed, so you can brag about it all online.  :kitty-wink:

For the love of smeg Steve. 'Thrive on the enjoyment that comes from learning.' Really? Really? Words have meaning dude. When did your kids ever thrive on the enjoyment that came from learning?

Oi, Steve, you know what happens at kindy and primary school and high school and university and college and in the workplace, do ya? Do ya? People freakin' well learn also thrive. 

To misquote Rocky Horror, your lifestyle's too extreme. I am not interested in any god who thinks you've got it right!

I couldn't remember the web address of their site, so I started typing Maxwell family blog into Chrome. The second autofill option (after wedding) was.... animal crackers:laughing-rollingyellow:

I wonder if FJ had anything to do with the popularity of that search!

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived