IGNORED

Jana's future part 2

samurai_sarah

On 11/29/2016 at 8:40 AM, nst said:

Tim Tebow is on Live with Kelly - he should marry Jana 

I would weep for her.

Random OT thought: Back when Tebow played for the Broncos, we had the DEN vs NE game on at work, the Patriots were killing them and I remarked "aww it's so cute how Tom Brady is teaching Tebow how to throw a football" and my colleague bitched me out so bad for speaking lowly of Tebow. It was hilarious. I'm smug AF about it to this  day.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I would weep for her.

Random OT thought: Back when Tebow played for the Broncos, we had the DEN vs NE game on at work, the Patriots were killing them and I remarked "aww it's so cute how Tom Brady is teaching Tebow how to throw a football" and my colleague bitched me out so bad for speaking lowly of Tebow. It was hilarious. I'm smug AF about it to this  day.

I just find it weird that Tim Tebow was Aaron Hernandez's roommate in college and basically babysat him to make sure he didn't murder anyone.

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I just find it weird that Tim Tebow was Aaron Hernandez's roommate in college and basically babysat him to make sure he didn't murder anyone.

He was doing God's work, as usual. :)

I find Tebow smug but what's new. He is almost 30 so maybe he will finally decide to get hitched, I do wonder what has kept him single for so long. I think he and Jana would be look cute together totally superficially but I don't see it happening.

3 hours ago, jqlgoblue said:

He was doing God's work, as usual. :)

I find Tebow smug but what's new. He is almost 30 so maybe he will finally decide to get hitched, I do wonder what has kept him single for so long. I think he and Jana would be look cute together totally superficially but I don't see it happening.

I think he's cute, but he's in that category of You're Cute But Never Speak along with Ryan Lochte and Scott Eastwood.

That's odd.  Somewhere I thought I heard that Tim Tebow is gay.  I was looking forward to the NFL's first gay wedding.  Oh well.  

Anyway, I'm not sure that being a football wife would suit Jana, but it'd sure knock Jessa down a few pegs!

2 hours ago, Flossie said:

Anyway, I'm not sure that being a football wife would suit Jana, but it'd sure knock Jessa down a few pegs!

I wonder how Queen Jessa will feel when Jinger or Joy become pregnant. A lot of people have mentioned on this site that no one really cares because it's Jessa's 2nd pregnancy. If Jinger announces around when Seewald #2 is born, no ones really gonna carw about the baby. Jessa's spotlight will be stolen once again

I wonder how Queen Jessa will feel when Jinger or Joy become pregnant. A lot of people have mentioned on this site that no one really cares because it's Jessa's 2nd pregnancy. If Jinger announces around when Seewald #2 is born, no ones really gonna carw about the baby. Jessa's spotlight will be stolen once again

When was it stolen the first time around?

50 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

When was it stolen the first time around?

Wasn't Jill's wedding aired like right before Jessa's irl? And Jessa started courting Ben before Jill courted Derick, yet Jill had the wedding and baby first

6 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Wasn't Jill's wedding aired like right before Jessa's irl? And Jessa started courting Ben before Jill courted Derick, yet Jill had the wedding and baby first

And Jill seemed to want the focus on the fact that she was pregnant at Jessa's wedding. 

19 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Jill announced her pregnancy right after Jessa announced her engagement and Jill ended up with the People cover.

This doesn't surprise me. Jilly muffin must always be the centre of attention and the child who does the most...

17 hours ago, Flossie said:

That's odd.  Somewhere I thought I heard that Tim Tebow is gay.  I was looking forward to the NFL's first gay wedding.  Oh well.  

No worries about Jana being a football wife as Tim's not a pro football player anymore (much like Jeremy isn't a pro soccer player anymore.)  He signed a minor league baseball contract, don't know if he's washed out at that by now too.

When Tebow described his perfect wife to Ellen Degeneris a couple of years ago he talked about a woman with a giving/good heart or some such. Of course the fact that he'd even speak w/ Ellen might make him unacceptable as a spouse for Jana to homophobic Michelle.

It's interesting to me that 2 of the 3 married Duggettes managed to land a guy with a college degree, and even Ben snagged a junior college degree, but Jana's description of her dream guy sounded very much like she wanted a blue collar Prince charming.

I recently saw Tim Tebow speak for the first time, so I stopped channel surfing to listen. I was only interested because of the speculation around him and Jana. He basically did a lot of humblebragging and seemed pretty arrogant. I have to agree with the cute-but-dont-talk conclusion. Jana will hopefully find a companion who isn't famous, and who also doesn't like being in the public eye. 

Considering her age, I imagine a courtship and engagement could be quite short. Maybe she could even insist on a small wedding? Of course it would have to be televised. But maybe with a minimum of fuss? One can hope she would have that much control, esp if her fiance was on the same page. (Assuming she found someone who she wanted to marry of course).

This doesn't surprise me. Jilly muffin must always be the centre of attention and the child who does the most...

Which is why I am sure that it bothered her that Jessa is having her second child before Jill.

Plus when the "And Counting" series started, Family Seewald was more prominently displayed. For Jill, it seems that Dangerous America was a bust all around.

Has anyone seen the weird new clickbaity posts on Facebook with headlines like " Josh accuses Jana of losing weight because she's a lesbian." They're ads for Garcinia weight loss if you read them through and totally fake.  

Today Bodacious Beauty seems to be the ad runner.  I haven't seen this mentioned on FJ. The ads use screen gifs of Josh and Jana with captions. I wish I could attach them but I'm 52 and not as tech savvy as some.:my_blush:

1 hour ago, Exposedknees said:

Has anyone seen the weird new clickbaity posts on Facebook with headlines like " Josh accuses Jana of losing weight because she's a lesbian." They're ads for Garcinia weight loss if you read them through and totally fake.  

Today Bodacious Beauty seems to be the ad runner.  I haven't seen this mentioned on FJ. The ads use screen gifs of Josh and Jana with captions. I wish I could attach them but I'm 52 and not as tech savvy as some.:my_blush:

Could you post a link?

There are quite a few of us saying Jana is deliberately not marrying so she will be too old to have a dozen kids when she finally does marry. 

If that's the case, isn't she really lessening her prospects?  In Fundieland, a woman's value is tied to her ability to have a dozen kids.  The older she gets, the fewer kids she will add to some Godly man's quiver.  That means the older she gets, the fewer fundie men out there who will want to marry her.  If any man speculates as we do that avoiding marriage is a calculated effort to reduce the number of arrows in the quiver, he will definitely see no value in her.  How dare she avoid marriage and children? 

@Avalondaughter I don't think she is lessening her prospects at all, if she is delaying by waiting.  Fundy men are not allowed to admit to wanting few children, but I bet some are looking at the older women and thinking - yes, less potential children to provide for and feed and clothe.

They aren't allowed to admit to these things, but it must be a huge pressure on them to provide for a bazillion kids without a second income.  A lot of the families who we don't talk about are in poverty - no running water, going hungry (we don't talk about them because they're too busy surviving to blog on instragram), they're worse than the Bates were when the Duggars first visited.  I think either a Pearl/Nancy Campell daughter is like this.

Plus, regardless of her real motives for waiting, officially she's waiting for the right godly man, not to reduce fertility.

20 hours ago, Avalondaughter said:

There are quite a few of us saying Jana is deliberately not marrying so she will be too old to have a dozen kids when she finally does marry. 

If that's the case, isn't she really lessening her prospects?  In Fundieland, a woman's value is tied to her ability to have a dozen kids.  The older she gets, the fewer kids she will add to some Godly man's quiver.  That means the older she gets, the fewer fundie men out there who will want to marry her.  If any man speculates as we do that avoiding marriage is a calculated effort to reduce the number of arrows in the quiver, he will definitely see no value in her.  How dare she avoid marriage and children? 

I don't think all these guys want a dozen kids.  

I don't understand the assumption that Jana is actively trying to limit the potential babies she could have by not marrying or that she is sticking around to raise her siblings. It seems more what we want it to be at FJ. Maybe Jana just hasn't found Mr. Right. Maybe she is courting but not close to engagement because he has to finish Bible school so it has to be kept quiet. Maybe there has been a broken courtship. None of the girls have done anything to lead me that they aren't 100% behind the way they have been raised or are going to deviate from their belief system. Even Jana "buying" the tattoo parlor is not likely because of her growing independence but that it is a good hook for filming next season. Hell, Jana might just be picky like a lot of us are.  As it stands, I don't think any of her sisters chose well. 

On 11/18/2016 at 5:21 PM, AnnaRuk09 said:

She looks slightly different than the girl in the other photo but it might be her. I think it's still one of the Caldwell sisters.  Here is a pic of the two Caldwell sisters at Joy's HS graduation earlier this year. The one holding a baby is the one in your picture I think:

IMG_1522.PNG

That baby has the Duggar hairline already! If he's her little brother and she marries Joe, there will be no hope for their sons' hair.

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

That baby has the Duggar hairline already! If he's her little brother and she marries Joe, there will be no hope for their sons' hair.

Oh jeez, it's just a baby! :)

On 12/6/2016 at 0:50 AM, sndral said:

No worries about Jana being a football wife as Tim's not a pro football player anymore (much like Jeremy isn't a pro soccer player anymore.)  He signed a minor league baseball contract, don't know if he's washed out at that by now too.

When Tebow described his perfect wife to Ellen Degeneris a couple of years ago he talked about a woman with a giving/good heart or some such. Of course the fact that he'd even speak w/ Ellen might make him unacceptable as a spouse for Jana to homophobic Michelle.

It's interesting to me that 2 of the 3 married Duggettes managed to land a guy with a college degree, and even Ben snagged a junior college degree, but Jana's description of her dream guy sounded very much like she wanted a blue collar Prince charming.

Maybe she wanted Chad Paine......

Maybe guys have asked to court, but I'm guessing they were portrayed to her as less than perfect so she'd "agree" they were not the 'one' so she would want to continue to 'serve' her family. Because they're all so pro-choice of course. The choose the life of service that Daddy wants for them. I CAN see Jana preferring to NOT deal with more babies tho. At least with the siblings the ages they are now, she's done with diapers except when someone visits.

I don't Jana has it all that bad.  The youngest kids are getting old enough to not need much from her.  They hire in the homeschooling teacher, so she doesn't have to do that.  She might be roped to babysit her sister's kids, but I bet most of the time, Jessa and Jill drop  off their offspring at the main house, so Jana has lots of younger girls to help her out.  She has probably earned JB and M's trust well enough that she might have access to some of her own money.  She seems to get to do some projects and things that she enjoys. 

I know she has missed out on a lot,  but based on the world as she experiences it,  she probably is not in a bad way.  My main concern for her, is that with Jinger and Joy soon leaving,  she has a gap in terms of other young adults her own age in the home.    But if the Paine girl still lives there and if Josh and Anna are living there or nearby,  she has Tabitha and Anna for company. 

I think that Jana's early years were rough.  We have heard that she was high spirited, and based on what we have witnessed since the shows started, it is clear that her spirit was broken or at least bent to the will of her mom and dad.  We also know that she is highly responsible and likely bore more burden than any other of the girls early on with helping her mom raise the kids, clean and cook.  I think up until the last 3-4 years, her life has probably been a drudgery day in a day out.  But she seems to be exploring new hobbies and interests now.  So she must have some more time now that the littles are able to dress and feed themselves.    To Jana,  this might be a really happy time in her life. 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived