IGNORED

Jana's future part 2

samurai_sarah

On 12/7/2016 at 5:45 PM, Avalondaughter said:

There are quite a few of us saying Jana is deliberately not marrying so she will be too old to have a dozen kids when she finally does marry. 

If that's the case, isn't she really lessening her prospects?  In Fundieland, a woman's value is tied to her ability to have a dozen kids.  The older she gets, the fewer kids she will add to some Godly man's quiver.  That means the older she gets, the fewer fundie men out there who will want to marry her.  If any man speculates as we do that avoiding marriage is a calculated effort to reduce the number of arrows in the quiver, he will definitely see no value in her.  How dare she avoid marriage and children? 

What if she finds a Fundy lite like Jeremy? One who isn't so hard into the coolaide and is a mechanic or something?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if she finds a Fundy lite like Jeremy? One who isn't so hard into the coolaide and is a mechanic or something?

Pretty sure Jeremy is in the kook aid. To what extent? Who knows.

Jeremy, who sought out a connection with the Duggars is not fundie light.  Just because he dresses more fashionably, wears shorts and is better educated, means nothing. 

He may end up fundie light, but he came into this freak show willingly.  And he chose a sweet, meek and easily impressionable young girl.  They seem to have a nice chemistry and easy affection between each other which I hope is a sign of true love on both parts, but make no mistake,  Jeremy didn't just see Jinger across a crowded room and fall madly in love with her.  He put himself in the path of the family so he would be noticed.  Why he did that remains to be seen, but he did it

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

Jeremy, who sought out a connection with the Duggars is not fundie light.  Just because he dresses more fashionably, wears shorts and is better educated, means nothing.

See, I disagree slightly. I think he is more fundie-light than the Duggars, which is at least a step in a better direction for Jinger. The sheer fact that he has actual friends that are not fundie says a lot. Those soccer players that he had in his wedding were not fundie. And his sister dresses like a normal person. Those things tells me that he is at least fundie-relaxed. 

4 hours ago, buggers said:

See, I disagree slightly. I think he is more fundie-light than the Duggars, which is at least a step in a better direction for Jinger. The sheer fact that he has actual friends that are not fundie says a lot. Those soccer players that he had in his wedding were not fundie. And his sister dresses like a normal person. Those things tells me that he is at least fundie-relaxed. 

You could say the same about Ben and Derick though. They both have non Fundie friends who were in their weddings.

You could say the same about Ben and Derick though. They both have non Fundie friends who were in their weddings.

Ben and Derick are both considered fundie light as well. Derick's mom only has two kids and wears pants, Derick attended a secular collage. Ben's family had more children but they also wore pants and were more a part of the world than the Duggars.
They can appear quite normal and have a normal life, doesn't mean that they aren't completely submerged in the koolaid!

fundie light is still fundie, just outwardly appearing more mainstream. they may watch tv/movies, listen to music with a back beat, they may wear pants or regular swimsuits or have friends not in a cult... but their beliefs are still the same, or very close to regular fundamentalists.

with this definition i don't understand why some people get to pissed when it's mentioned that someone appears to be fundie light.

until anyone comes out and says that their opinions have changed from the way they were raised, we can only assume they're the same. but, if they start to change outwardly we can question whether or not maybe they're questioning the way they were raised if they're making superficial changes.

24 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Ben and Derick are both considered fundie light as well. Derick's mom only has two kids and wears pants, Derick attended a secular collage. Ben's family had more children but they also wore pants and were more a part of the world than the Duggars.
They can appear quite normal and have a normal life, doesn't mean that they aren't completely submerged in the koolaid!

I know.  I was just pointing out that Jinger wasn't necessarily better off than her sisters. I wish she were, but for now there's no indication that she is.

Jeremy's church site had testimony from a man who'd been de-gay-ed by his church.  Even if the fact he purposefully sought out the Duggars, and didn't just casually meet Jinger and fall in love with her, that should be a pretty big clue that he's not Fundy-light...

40 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:
I know.  I was just pointing out that Jinger wasn't necessarily better off than her sisters. I wish she were, but for now there's no indication that she is.

I quoted the wrong poster! I know what you were saying! JB wouldn't let his daughter marry someone who wasn't going to bed with a stiff drink of koolaid!

11 hours ago, Lurky said:

Jeremy's church site had testimony from a man who'd been de-gay-ed by his church.

It's nearly 2017 and this crap is still happening. 

Even though it's already obvious, a statement like this confirms Jeremy is just as bad as the rest of them.

On 12/10/2016 at 6:31 PM, Carm_88 said:

Pretty sure Jeremy is in the kook aid. To what extent? Who knows.

He has to have--he got to marry into the family. Just because his family hasn't doesn't matter. He has.

I just hope Jana doesn't get stuck with a huge brood of step-kids--I always think of Gone With the Wind when they talk about Ashely's sister and how she could catch some old widower with a big family if she tried hard.

On 11.12.2016 at 3:57 PM, justmy2cents said:

she is better off financially in the sense that Jeremy is from a middle class family where money didn't seem to be tight and he is financially independent from JB Duggar, which is a huge plus. If he saved some money from his professional soccer years than Jinger really is better off than her sisters.

On 11.12.2016 at 4:11 PM, Lurky said:

Jeremy's church site had testimony from a man who'd been de-gay-ed by his church.  Even if the fact he purposefully sought out the Duggars, and didn't just casually meet Jinger and fall in love with her, that should be a pretty big clue that he's not Fundy-light...

could you copy the link in here? that would be great. I couldn't find it online and I cannot open the church site in my browser.

Just wait until Jinger and Jeremy start filling their quiver. Then we will see just financially stable they are. Same goes for Jill and Jessa.

I highly doubt Jeremy is making much money as a preacher at that small church. My guess is that money would be tight without TLC. I can't see the church paying enough so that he could support Jinger and any offspring without TLC. Jeremy was not a soccer star, so it isn't as though he would have a lot in savings from playing. They need TLC or Jinger would likely have to go get a job like non-reality tv people. Many preachers have spouses that work. Isn't that the case with Jeremy's own parents? 

On 12/6/2016 at 3:16 AM, PainfullyAware said:

Jana will hopefully find a companion who isn't famous, and who also doesn't like being in the public eye. 

Considering her age, I imagine a courtship and engagement could be quite short. Maybe she could even insist on a small wedding? Of course it would have to be televised. But maybe with a minimum of fuss? One can hope she would have that much control, esp if her fiance was on the same page. 

Let's face it, Jana's going to get married (probably within the next 1.5 years more or less) and I personally hope that it's all going to pan out this exact way. She obviously is shy and quiet so I hope she finds a boyfriend that is the same way and that is just as private as she is. They say opposites attract, but in Jana's case, I really think she'd do best with someone who is similar in personality with her for the reasons I mentioned. Many have gotten the vibe that she doesn't want anything to do with fame or the limelight. She even said it herself.

I've  always thought that when she does court, because she would potentially be 27-28, it would be super short, possibly the shortest Duggar courtship (don't know about JD). Same with her engagement. Jana seems like the Duggar girl who would want a small and intimate ceremony and who would not want her wedding to be televised to the world. I personally hope is happens this way for her. 

Duggars don't do small weddings. Jana's will be another tacky ass shindig with:

* A nobody fundie groom who will be JB's bitch.
* 1,000 guests.
* A tacky ass dress altered for modesty.
* Tacky ass bridesmaids dresses altered for modesty.
* Tacky ass suits for the groomsmen with bowties and suspenders.
* Tacky reception with cake (or maybe some other option).
* No dancing.
* No alcohol.
* Some shenanigans from the kids.

And we will snark on each point ad nauseam. That seems to be the formula for a Duggar lady's wedding. It will be hysterical to see.

On 13.12.2016 at 2:57 AM, socalrules said:

I highly doubt Jeremy is making much money as a preacher at that small church. My guess is that money would be tight without TLC. I can't see the church paying enough so that he could support Jinger and any offspring without TLC. Jeremy was not a soccer star, so it isn't as though he would have a lot in savings from playing. They need TLC or Jinger would likely have to go get a job like non-reality tv people. Many preachers have spouses that work. Isn't that the case with Jeremy's own parents? 

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I don't know how it is with soccer in the U.S. , but here, where soccer is THE sport and almost every kid (boys and girls) do soccer at some point in their lives, even the non-stars earn a lot alot alot, I'm talking, e.g., if you "only" play second league you still can afford to quit your daytime job because your annual salary will be well into the 6 figures.

29 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I don't know how it is with soccer in the U.S. , but here, where soccer is THE sport and almost every kid (boys and girls) do soccer at some point in their lives, even the non-stars earn a lot alot alot, I'm talking, e.g., if you "only" play second league you still can afford to quit your daytime job because your annual salary will be well into the 6 figures.

Considering I wouldn't even know how to go about watching soccer here in the States... If they play internationally it might pay, otherwise, I doubt it.

I follow soccer and players here (non international players) make so little compared to all other sports. I would be shocked if Jeremy ever made a 6 figure salary. He didn't ever start and had no endorsements.

ETA: looked it up- Jeremy never actually played a game for the Red Bulls, which is the first league here. Zero appearances for them.

12 hours ago, DaisyD said:

Considering I wouldn't even know how to go about watching soccer here in the States... If they play internationally it might pay, otherwise, I doubt it.

Yep, agreed. Sorry, US professional soccer players are not a big deal, alas.

On 2016-12-14 at 1:29 PM, RosyDaisy said:

Duggars don't do small weddings. Jana's will be another tacky ass shindig with:

* A nobody fundie groom who will be JB's bitch.
* 1,000 guests.
* A tacky ass dress altered for modesty.
* Tacky ass bridesmaids dresses altered for modesty.
* Tacky ass suits for the groomsmen with bowties and suspenders.
* Tacky reception with cake (or maybe some other option).
* No dancing.
* No alcohol.
* Some shenanigans from the kids.

And we will snark on each point ad nauseam. That seems to be the formula for a Duggar lady's wedding. It will be hysterical to see.

If we keep writing about it a lot maybe tlc will encourage them to have a smaller wedding to prove us wrong?

Did I ruin it now?

I"m really not sure how much control the Duggarlings have over the size of their wedding. I have a feeling that Ma and Pa Duggar insist on many guests who the kids wouldn't invite on their own. With their ATI/Gothard Circle, I'm guessing that a wedding is a social event for the whole community, not just the uniting of families. It's a place for those of marriageable age to meet/see each other. I know this happens to others as well. I've heard of weddings larger than the bride/groom intended because parents' business associates and friends will be offended if not invited. I also know that, in some areas, it is expected that people have an open church wedding (all from the church are automatically invited- it was that way at the country church I grew up in ) and feelings would be hurt, some for years, if they were excluded. I also think Jim Bob may say, "I am/TLC is paying for the wedding, so you need to do it this way."

On 12/14/2016 at 9:24 AM, eveandadam said:

From the MLSPlayers.org website  - Jeremy made $44,000 in 2012. 

It also annoyed me when they kept saying he was a soccer star, like you haven't played, just sat on the sidelines.

Very few American Professional soccer players get paid 6 figures which is why they mainly play outside of the US , specifically if they're on the US national team (more men than women). Sigh maybe eventually they'll be up with European playing. Women's soccer is a million time worst salary wise which they're trying to fight to get an equal salary compared to their men counterparts. (Super avid fan of US WNT/MNT)

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived