IGNORED

Jana's future part 2

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, Kira said:

I know her sisters found suitors  but my  question is  are  guys  asking about Jana.  It's possible that  Jana  has had a  broken  courtship(or whatever)  or  has turned  down suitors(and vice versa) . Who knows.      

Also,  is Jeremy  wealthy? I don't think so.

I  definitely  think  Jana has a choice about  courting.

Jana has never been in a courtship. Family friends have confirmed this. I recall from a couple 19kac episodes of JB saying how many have been interested in his daughters. Whenever he's asked about a specific daughter, like he's been with Jinger and Jana, he's always said "many have asked/been interested." And I think with a Counting On all about Joy episode a similar "many have been interested" line was used. I think all the daughters in the past/current have been/are frequently asked. With Jana, it's been repeatedly said that she's extremely cautious and picky. I personally don't give in to all the stupid rumors about her, or JD for that matter. I really think the answer is the boring "God's hand-picked one has not come along."

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, immodest_countenance said:

I think Jana keeps very busy. She's the one always behind the scenes and looking for things to do and problems to solve. Looking at the other girls I can only really think of one or two things they seem to be interested as individuals. Jill: midwifery, jessa: organizing?, jinger: photography, coffee, joy: tomboy-ing (is that even a hobby). Jana on the other hand, seems to have several projects and interests, drawing, DIYing, interior decorating, gardening, music, etc. In photos with friends she actually seems really relaxed and fun. 

While I think she would like to get married, i don't think she's in such as rush as her sisters, who seem to just sit around the TTH except waiting for prince charming. I think Jana wants a "dirt under his fingernails" type of guy, because she doesn't want to be bored with sitting around the house doing nothing. She said as much season 1. 

She might get just that since Jinger got the type of man she would be happy with.

20 hours ago, Percy said:

I just want to know what she is doing with her shop!

Could she do a Jessica Willis and sell her crafts?

That would be amazing. I would love for her to own a little boutique or craft shop. I think she would be happy in that.

I really only see two factors as to why Jana has not been married off. She is presumably in charge of running the household, raising her siblings and basically doing majority of the things parents do. She already has the emotional satisfaction of parenthood and being a stay at home mother, so why would she want to leave everyone she loves and a job she excels at? She is an essential part of her parents household, to the point where it would feel selfish to abandon her role for marriage and to start all over from scratch. Jana is comfortable and Jana likes it there.

As the first born daughter and basically head of household, Jim Bob has unachievable and ridiculously high standards for her potential suitors. The best is still not good enough, and he probably has a different dating questionnaire specifically for her. His arrogance and ego is the reason she is still at home.

Nah, Jill is JB's golden child. I doubt he's concerned about the best for Jana.

I feel like Jana must have had a secret failed  courtship or something.  there's no reason fundie dudes shouldn't be submitting applications for her left and right.

Something came to my mind last night that's taken me a while to process. Jana's tattoo parlor may very well be someone that I know old shop. The timeline fits perfectly as to when he left that area. Poor Jana having to clean that place up. I hope for her sake he didn't forget a stash. 

I kind of wonder about this Laura girl that seems to be Jana's "best friend" (if she is allowed to have a best friend outside of the family or other than Michael Bates Keilen).

There are new photos of them on the pickles facebook page. They seem very close.

Is this Laura girl courting anyone? How old is she?

@eveandadam I found the Laura girl on Facebook and most of the info is hidden from public viewing, but it seems to me that she doesn't live in Arkansas, so I don't know why/how she has so much time and money to spend in Arkansas away from home. 

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

I kind of wonder about this Laura girl that seems to be Jana's "best friend" (if she is allowed to have a best friend outside of the family or other than Michael Bates Keilen).

There are new photos of them on the pickles facebook page. They seem very close.

Is this Laura girl courting anyone? How old is she?

Laura is 31, lives in Illinois and works at IBLP. She's been Jana's/the Duggar's friend for quite some time now. For about 2 months straight now she's been closely hanging out with the Duggars and I believe she's heading home soon. It's not impossible that this is the girl Jinger had in mind concerning John's relationship status last season although she is a bit older. Cause it's quite odd she's spent so much time with them, including thanksgiving, a time she ought to spend with her own family. The family themselves did hint at a JD courtship. Perhaps something is up? Only time will tell. 

8 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Something came to my mind last night that's taken me a while to process. Jana's tattoo parlor may very well be someone that I know old shop. The timeline fits perfectly as to when he left that area. Poor Jana having to clean that place up. I hope for her sake he didn't forget a stash. 

I kinda hope for her sake he did. :) And that she finds it and tucks it away before anyone else notices.

Jana not courting to me seems simple, it's what I've seen in some of my hometown friends who are still religious. They are picky. I'm not saying they or anyone should lower their standards, definitely not, but I think that her standards are a LOT higher than her sisters. She isn't willing to settle on any of her standards whatever they may be, and I say that's awesome. The less babies the  better in the lifestyle! For me, Jill and Derrick do seem like a pretty good match, goofy, missionary lifestyle. Ben and Jessa are similar because they both seem quite passionate about things they are passionate about and I think on paper Ben doesn't seem like a great catch but I have this funny feeling that Jim Bob saw himself in Ben, and that's why he agreed to the match. 

10 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Laura is 31, lives in Illinois and works at IBLP. She's been Jana's/the Duggar's friend for quite some time now. For about 2 months straight now she's been closely hanging out with the Duggars and I believe she's heading home soon. It's not impossible that this is the girl Jinger had in mind concerning John's relationship status last season although she is a bit older. Cause it's quite odd she's spent so much time with them, including thanksgiving, a time she ought to spend with her own family. The family themselves did hint at a JD courtship. Perhaps something is up? Only time will tell. 

hm...could be a courtship with JD but she is 5 years older than him and a "career woman", sort of, if you consider that she is working with Gothard, away from home.

Ha, I know why she spends so much time with the Duggars. Not a JD courtship. She is recruiting Jana to work with Gothard as well. Isn't he into pretty women and girls? They both are stunning. Could be a secret plot by them. Jana is taken to the headquarters, they work side by side and when Gothard dies (isn't he over 80 years old?) they take control and make a feminist christian cult out of the whole thing. woohoooo

8 hours ago, Justmurrayed said:

For me, Jill and Derrick do seem like a pretty good match, goofy, missionary lifestyle. Ben and Jessa are similar because they both seem quite passionate about things they are passionate about and I think on paper Ben doesn't seem like a great catch but I have this funny feeling that Jim Bob saw himself in Ben, and that's why he agreed to the match. 

Agreed on Jill and Derick. But I have the impression that JB sold Jessa underpriced (it's a German saying). I think he first agreed to the courtship for ratings but then hoped that Jessa would break it off later because he saw that he was too young and inexperienced, but at that point Jessa wanted to get away as quickly as possible and she saw her  chance. I get the feeling that she now knows that they ran into marriage too quickly.

Jana wants a man with dirt under his nails and to live near her family in small town Arkansas. How many fundies over the age of 25 fit the bill? Probably not many. Next, how many local fundie men and their families would want their son marrying into the Duggar Family? Aren't most of the locals over the Duggars?

Jana might be picky, but so are other people.

Not wanting to move away severely limits her options.

Josh, Jessa and Jinger did not marry locals.

Jill married outside the known fundie circle. So did Jinger. Ben was not a Gothardite.

Jana's parameters are very restrictive, maybe that is by choice.

On 11/26/2016 at 9:16 PM, barbecutie said:

I really only see two factors as to why Jana has not been married off. She is presumably in charge of running the household, raising her siblings and basically doing majority of the things parents do. She already has the emotional satisfaction of parenthood and being a stay at home mother, so why would she want to leave everyone she loves and a job she excels at? She is an essential part of her parents household, to the point where it would feel selfish to abandon her role for marriage and to start all over from scratch. Jana is comfortable and Jana likes it there.

As the first born daughter and basically head of household, Jim Bob has unachievable and ridiculously high standards for her potential suitors. The best is still not good enough, and he probably has a different dating questionnaire specifically for her. His arrogance and ego is the reason she is still at home.

I remember from one of the early episodes (I think they were still in frumpers so it must be one of the specials) J'chelle saying something to the effect of Jana running circles around her keeping the house together. I wouldn't be surprised if she's so far wrapped up in caring for the house and kids that she struggles to leave. I would imagine a lot of those little kids seem more like her children than siblings. 

I know this seems unlikely from our perspective, but maybe there really is no story here. Maybe Jana actually likes her life. I mean, she doesn't know any different, it's comfortable, and she really does seem to love her siblings. She never struck me as a Jinger or Joy who might wanna get out one day. 

I've said this before, but I think that Jana being single could be a Botkin-style combination of nobody being good enough for her Boob, and she being comfortable in her current life and perceiving getting married as a "downgrade". She basically runs her own show already, minus popping out eleventy kids (which is a good thing). 

I think that, unless she meets the guy who literally sweeps her off her feet, she might as well be better off to keep doing her own thing. Maybe in public she says she is waiting for God's timing and so forth, but in her own mind she is like "Submitting to a dumb headship? Oh he** no!!!". 

2 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

I think that, unless she meets the guy who literally sweeps her off her feet, she might as well be better off to keep doing her own thing.

Yep. And also her getting engaged/married doesn't mean what it means for the rest of us. In her world it means being slapped all over the tabloids and being forced to air intimate moments (being asked out when you've never been with a guy, wedding vows, first kiss, spread eagle crapping out a baby) by JB/TLC. For someone that may not like the limelight (pure speculation, but I think most here have sensed that from her), this literally sounds like a nightmare.

15 hours ago, eveandadam said:

hm...could be a courtship with JD but she is 5 years older than him and a "career woman", sort of, if you consider that she is working with Gothard, away from home.

Ha, I know why she spends so much time with the Duggars. Not a JD courtship. She is recruiting Jana to work with Gothard as well. Isn't he into pretty women and girls? They both are stunning. Could be a secret plot by them. Jana is taken to the headquarters, they work side by side and when Gothard dies (isn't he over 80 years old?) they take control and make a feminist christian cult out of the whole thing. woohoooo

i dunno, i think if any of the boys would go for a woman like laura, it could be JD. i just have a feeling he wouldn't find her position in life, or experiences, threatening.

On 27/11/2016 at 4:46 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Nah, Jill is JB's golden child. I doubt he's concerned about the best for Jana.

I feel like Jana must have had a secret failed  courtship or something.  there's no reason fundie dudes shouldn't be submitting applications for her left and right.

exactly. she is the embodiment of what they preach. she's quiet (meek and great at keeping sweet), skillful, classically beautiful, can raise umpteen kids and above all, is godly.

Don't we speculate on her sexuality every time we talk about her marrying a man? I understand not talking about minors but not being able to list sexual attraction as a reason to not be married makes us just as guilty for thinking people aren't born gay or it's evil as the Duggars. It's not a bad thing so why can't it be mentioned? Not trying to start a fight (sincerely) I just really don't understand the logic behind that rule when courting, first kiss, and wedding/honeymoon/babies are talked endlessly here. Happy to hear your thoughts.

If you want to talk rules, it goes in Community Discussion.  I'll move this part of the thread if that is the direction you want to take this.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived