IGNORED

BOOK REVIEW: "The Power of a Transformed Wife"

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She was on as recently as an hour ago leaving her "suffering for Jesus" response to the most recent one star reviewer.  

Here's something interesting- Emily's review is gone.  Lori had 4 verified reviews.  Now she has 3, and Emily's isn't one of them.

I won't leave a review, and I certainly don't plan to read the book, but her come apart in the reviews is priceless.  She has silenced others for so long.  Even in her chat room (where she was preaching to the choir) people said she would suddenly announce that that was enough discussion.  :pb_rollseyes:  Now she can't delete their comments.  

I think the pat response it to prevent her from having to address people linking and quoting her.  She was originally shrieking about everyone being giant, meanie liars, but that turned on her when they offered to cite blog posts verifying their assertions.  She knew she was about to make herself look even worse AND reveal that she was lying. 

She's deleted several (if not all) of her original comments, and now she just has to copy and paste.  

I'll tell you what's super revealing.  They have totally ignored the comments regarding Ken.  That is something that an innocent person would denounce loudly and often, but the Alexanders aren't saying a word.  Most people would be beside themselves.

In other news, Lori had to have seen this coming.  Here she is in 2013 on a campaign to save the poor, child abusing Pearls from Amazon Tactics. 

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/11/defending-pearls.html

Now the Pearls are being attacked on Amazon by those who want to destroy their ministry.  They are writing horrible things about them and trying to have Amazon remove their book.  The Pearls have asked those who support them to give a good review of their book to fight evil with good.  If you feel led, please go HERE and give them five stars.

***I am not sure writing a positive review on Amazon is going to help much.  Since their email went out, their attacks have gotten much more numerous and vicious.  It is a spiritual warfare and our God is much stronger than them.  He will fight this battle for them.  Keep them in your prayers.

She is a strong believer that Amazon reviews are the devil's playground.  Spiritual warfare my ass...

I have always allowed civil and kind disagreements on my blog, but never any that try to destroy the reputation of others which is strictly forbidden in Scripture. It is called slander and it should not even be named among us. 

Right- she doesn't allow people to destroy the reputations of others.  She reserves that for herself.  

So most of Lori's comments now say:

Lori Alexander 2 hours ago (Edited)

Nothing else.  She has been on a cleaning spree.  

Better stop by and grab some deli meat and ice-cream Ken.  No Big Nutritious Salad for you tonight.  

Oh, and grab some cheez whiz too.  Lori's godly now, so she won't mind.

There is also lots of:

Comment deleted by author

Gets stranger and stranger...

I think she deleted her angry outbursts since they make her look bad. Especially since there's a review that points she makes negative comments but doesn't appreciate the positive ones.

My copy arrived today - I plan to tackle it tomorrow.

She may have deleted the comments but I think enough people saw her nastiness - and to be honest, anytime there's a bunch of "comment deleted" in reviews, I suspect it is the author.  So deletion may not be enough.

I wonder if Lori decided her nasty comments would make people who might normally be interested in her book think twice about buying?

She kind of proved all the naysayers right with her comments.

@wikinggirl  if we hang on for awhile maybe her book will be a freebie for Prime members at some point.  I was able to read a couple of the Maxwell's books that way.

I am giddy at the thought that her book might be available at the Dollar Tree next year. 

I have not forgotten about my promise to review chapters this week. It turned into a hectic week; now more family is in town so we have a little reunion dinner tonight.

A few teasers: Chapter six (Easy Conflict Resolution) has a big -HUGE- wall-o-text from Ken from the time he rode his horse of truth to Sheila's blog to set her straight. Chapter seven - the one about all the sex, is mainly comments from her blog. Lori does seem to devote a lot of words to admonishing her readers to give their husbands vacation sex.  It is so bizarre, to me, to think that vacation sex is a topic she found book-worthy; but she did devote a whole blog post to burping so....

I promise to get back soon to review in more detail but I think it is safe to say that Lori put very little effort into this book. She just copied and pasted lots of comments from her most beloved worshippers. 

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Lori does seem to devote a lot of words to admonishing her readers to give their husbands vacation sex.  It is so bizarre, to me, to think that vacation sex is a topic she found book-worthy; but she did devote a whole blog post to burping so....

For those of you just joining us, behold, the Vacation Sex post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/08/are-most-men-pigs-when-it-comes-to-sex.html

If you make it through the post, you'll probably want to check out the comments as well.

@Koala, I haven't read all the comments, but isn't Lori off base here because there were no vacations mentioned in the Bible? :my_angel:

Vacations used to turn Ex-Mr.-Hane-#2 into a galloping horndog--especially those when we visited his family and stayed in hotel rooms. Once we had my young daughter with us and the three of us shared a room. I wound up giving it up to him on the bathroom floor with the fan on while she slept. I wish I'd had the guts to have told him to go into the goddamn bathroom alone and use the hand lotion the hotel so conveniently provided.

Hubs and I have NEVER "done it" while staying with relatives or in a hotel room w/kids. It's kind of a respect thing...I mean, you're staying with friends/relatives and it's just not cool to be doing the horizontal bop...When I was staying with hub's aunt and uncle (long story), he'd flown out and we ended up getting a hotel room to do our thing. Now...once we moved into an apartment (no kids around) it was a totally different story...

BUT...around the kids...HELL NO!!!

Is the Robert in that post Cabinet Man? It sounds like him.

We never have sweet fellowship in relatives' homes, either. We're moving in with my parents for a couple months next year, though, so we might have to modify that a bit :pb_lol:

Yeah, sex in some one else's house just seems...icky. In fact I knew exactly when one child wasn't conceived, despite the ultrasound because we had stayed with some friends during that time. Said friend did the math, I said I promise the ultrasound was wrong! 

21 hours ago, kpmom said:

I wonder if Lori decided her nasty comments would make people who might normally be interested in her book think twice about buying?

She kind of proved all the naysayers right with her comments.

@wikinggirl  if we hang on for awhile maybe her book will be a freebie for Prime members at some point.  I was able to read a couple of the Maxwell's books that way.

bbm -- oooo -- that would be awesome!

5 hours ago, alba said:

Is the Robert in that post Cabinet Man? It sounds like him.

We never have sweet fellowship in relatives' homes, either. We're moving in with my parents for a couple months next year, though, so we might have to modify that a bit :pb_lol:

I'm pretty sure that Robert is Cabinet Man; because who better to give sex advice than a man who advises men to "only get your wife off 80% of the time."  Funny how Lori is shrieking "THE BIBLE DOES NOT LIST VACATION AS AN EXCEPTION," but when Robert wrote that advice, Ken rode over to defend him. Most other commenters were telling Robert that he was blatantly sinning by denying his wife sexual gratification but Ken said "Nuh-uh, he's not sinning because...." fill in the blank with a whole bunch of blasphemous crap!  I Corinthians does NOT give an exception, Ken and Lori!!  

Someone called Lori on her deleted notebook doodles about women voting.  You know, in her post where she was begging the net not to vote for Hillary Clinton:

Reader:

I am curious about something, you said:
“Please, don’t vote for Hillary who is pro-death. Vote for a candidate that values life, especially the life of the helpless and innocent. ”

Is that a statement directed at your male readers? I ask because previously you have said women shouldn’t vote.

Lori:

I have never said that women shouldn’t vote, Meg.

Right, she just said she wouldn't care if they lost the right to vote.

Lori:

I completely agree although I don't think I would have the nerve to ever write about it. Clinton and Obama would not have won if women voted. Men vote more pro-life than women. Clinton and Obama were not raised by fathers, thus seem to think more with their emotions and act based upon what is right for the moment. Bush and Romney had strong fathers and think more with their reason and see the whole picture. I would not mind at all if women weren't allowed to vote anymore..

Reader:

I see you have since removed it from facebook, but I saw there the other day one of your hand written post talking about women voting. Maybe I read it wrong. Are you saying women should vote for whoever their husbands decides even though it was given to us by feminists?
If so, I agree with that.
Thank you.

Now here's where it gets interesting.

Lori:

I would post it here if I was able. I removed it since one of my posts was going viral at the time and there were so many nasty comments on it.

What I was saying is that the woman’s right to vote was gained by feminists to gain independence from men (their husbands if they were married) and choose what they believed was right without any discussion of what their husband’s thought.

We shouldn’t idolize our right to vote since it isn’t a right given to us by God but we should submit to and follow our husband’s lead since this was given to us by the Lord.

Was one of Lori's posts going viral on Oct.13th?  She first blogged about having a post go viral in June:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/06/my-post-went-viral.html

Now, in October, she's claiming she had to delete her notebook ramblings because she had a post going viral "at the time".  That doesn't make sense at all.  If she'd had yet another post go viral, we'd have surely heard about it...approx.  a million times.  And what does having a post going viral have to do with deleting her post?  She's never had trouble deleting nasty comments in the past.

Of course maybe the truth is:

I don't think I would have the nerve to ever write about it.

But instead of telling the truth, she used it as another golden opportunity to mention the fact that:

HER POST WENT VIRAL!  

***I think I put this in the wrong Lori thread.  So sorry about that!***

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Hubs and I have NEVER "done it" while staying with relatives or in a hotel room w/kids. It's kind of a respect thing...I mean, you're staying with friends/relatives and it's just not cool to be doing the horizontal bop...When I was staying with hub's aunt and uncle (long story), he'd flown out and we ended up getting a hotel room to do our thing. Now...once we moved into an apartment (no kids around) it was a totally different story...

BUT...around the kids...HELL NO!!!

In the comments of that post, Ken made some absolutely disturbing comments.  Like, scary disturbing.

Ken Alexander:

for some who are so opposed to sex when kids are sleeping in the room, much of this depends on the kids ages, and no one is saying they are making noises or not under the covers. Under the covers quiet sex with kids up to 8 years old in the room is probably a non issue, but teenagers in the room it is probably not wise. 

Unfuckingbelievable, but he said it.

He continues in another comment:

Having sex on vacation is prescribed by God precisely to insure against fleshly lusts, and yes, it should be done in an honorable way, place and time.

Yes, this was written by the husband of a woman who spends a good majority of her time bitching about women not being "discreet" enough.

If having sex on vacation was "prescribed by God," the Bible would have a verse that VERY SPECIFICALLY stated this. How he can say anything is prescribed by God when it's not even mentioned in scripture is beyond me. It's asinine. Once again Ken's advice is straight from the pits of Hell. 

53 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

If having sex on vacation was "prescribed by God," the Bible would have a verse that VERY SPECIFICALLY stated this. How he can say anything is prescribed by God when it's not even mentioned in scripture is beyond me. It's asinine. Once again Ken's advice is straight from the pits of Hell. 

Lori uses "___________ is found nowhere in the Bible" when it suits her.  Ken, on the other hand, has no issue making up scripture.  Want to have sex on vacation (at the expense of the comfort of your spouse/traveling companions)?  It's prescribed by God!  Of course, he also has no problem saying that Jesus was wrong, so, there's that.  Whatever makes Ken's life easier.  

16 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Where does it say in the bible anything about vacations?  One "day of rest" does not a vacation make.

This. I totally missed the section on vacations and rules for them. 

In fact, way back when I worked at Christian school, we had a superintendent for a short time who liked to lecture us about how there was no retirement, no vacations, only one day off a week, and no paid leave in the Bible. Of course, this lecture helped to justify policies like no retirement plan, no personal leave, and no extra-duty pay for extracurricular activities or supervision (mostly on Saturdays). 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived