IGNORED

BOOK REVIEW: "The Power of a Transformed Wife"

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Koala said:

My thought process is the Word of God. Period. 

Oh, Lori my dear, if you think that your process is that of the Word of God, I have news for you -- that's schizophrenia.  Antipsychotics are the new black salve...

Remembering her connection to the Pearls makes the seriousness go up a level. Messing with Lori...I can sleep well at night. She is equally as nasty to other people including her fellow Christians. 

But when you think about how To Train Up a Child just happened to end up on the bookshelves of at least three children who were murdered by their parents(Sean Paddock, Lydia Schatz, and Hana Williams)...Makes you feel like Lori should be preemptively stopped before someone elses beats a two year with a leather strap for four hours and the child doesn't live to one day defend mom on Amazon.com. 

Koala, 

That has got to be the best catch yet. How do you find these things so quickly? My first thought upon seeing that on FB was wait, her book talks about how her first 23 years of marriage were miserable, but I guess not those first few years in a trailer. Maybe that is where it all went wrong. She left the trailer.  She mentions again today about her brain tumor. Should those with brain tumors really be giving advice of any sort to anyone? 

Also even if she was happy there how easy it is to live in trailer in sunny socal! Try a northern state.

My thought process is the Word of God. Period. 

Finally she admitted it clearly people! The word of god she always spouts comes directly from her own thought processes. Period.

Not that we hadn't already noticed of course, she is stating the obvious.  

Next step is claiming that the god of the universe speaks in her head (iirc she already said something about her being a prophet). Then she will realise that she is god, at that point the narcissistic heresy will be complete and so blatant that maybe even Ken will notice it. Maybe. 

On another note I really pity poor Cassi. She can't miss what she has never had, two loving and emotionally mature parents that can be obeyed because they are always reliable and trustworthy and not  just because they are scary. 

There've been over 6000 views to this post, but only a handful of negative reviews on Amazon. This woman recommends the Pearl's childrearing techniques. Her husband said incest is normal. She advises abused women to stay married, and guilts women into being submissive automons. We all should write comments to blast this book out of the water. I haven't done it yet, myself, but I plan to.  Maybe we can prevent one kid from being "hit harder."

I think the best type of review would include a screen cap from one of her posts. I was considering the post entitled "A Sensible Guild to Spanking, Flicking or Twigging Your Child."

And here's a screen cap from a random post on "wifely discipline": Feel free to use it if you want to. There are probably better ones out there.

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 2.00.38 PM.png

33 minutes ago, Hisey said:

There've been over 6000 views to this post, but only a handful of negative reviews on Amazon. This woman recommends the Pearl's childrearing techniques. Her husband said incest is normal. She advises abused women to stay married, and guilts women into being submissive automons. We all should write comments to blast this book out of the water. I haven't done it yet, myself, but I plan to.  Maybe we can prevent one kid from being "hit harder."

I think the best type of review would include a screen cap from one of her posts. I was considering the post entitled "A Sensible Guild to Spanking, Flicking or Twigging Your Child."

And here's a screen cap from a random post on "wifely discipline": Feel free to use it if you want to. There are probably better ones out there.

Hold up. Does this mean she advocates beating your wife?

If my husband were to raise a switch to my ass he'd be kicked out before you could say "wifely discipline". 

A field trip?

A FIELD TRIP???? :GRONDE:

Actually, I don't know why that enrages me so much. This is Ken Alexander, after all, who once said that Jesus was wrong about something (I can't for the life of me remember what, but I'm sure Koala has it near the top of her One Thousand Stupid Things Ken Has Said list).

43 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Quick question. Does anyone know if reviews come up with any personal details? 

No personal information that I know of (you can change your display name to whatever). I believe public wish lists are visible if a user has them set to public. 

32 minutes ago, Loveday said:

A field trip?

A FIELD TRIP???? :GRONDE:

Actually, I don't know why that enrages me so much. This is Ken Alexander, after all, who once said that Jesus was wrong about something (I can't for the life of me remember what, but I'm sure Koala has it near the top of her One Thousand Stupid Things Ken Has Said list).

I'm an atheist...like pretty hardcore atheist. Yet the Alexander's cause me to rage. I can't imagine how Christians feel. 

She's on a roll today.  

Reader:

I would like to know what you would do when your young daughter comes up to you and says, "Mommy, I want to be a doctor when I grow up!" Or a ballerina. Or a nuclear scientist, or an architect, or a gymnast, or a school teacher. Do you tell her no, you are not allowed to do those things because you have to be a mommy?

Lori replies:

My oldest was a ballerina, a professional one in fact, who dance with a company who traveled around the world dancing for the glory of the Lord until she got married, then she gave it up without any debt or regrets with what she did with her life since it was for God's glory.

She's just flat out lying.  Her daughter may not travel the world "dancing for Jesus" anymore, but she's is still very much a professional ballerina.  She did not give it up to be a stay at home wife.  Good god, it's like the woman can't talk without misleading people.

Her advice to mothers whose daughters want to be doctors:

This is the question mothers must ask their daughters. "Mommy, I want to be a doctor when I grow up?" I would have answered her this way, "Honey, there are many men who can be doctors. It is a ton of schooling, a ton of debt, and all the female doctors I know have regretted all the time they wasted in schooling and all of their debt once they had children because they were unable to stay home with them. Maybe you should do something that you can easily give up until you have children and have no debt to get it. 

There isn't enough sighing in the world...

This is the question mothers must ask their daughters. "Mommy, I want to be a doctor when I grow up?" I would have answered her this way, "Honey, there are many men who can be doctors. It is a ton of schooling, a ton of debt, and all the female doctors I know have regretted all the time they wasted in schooling and all of their debt once they had children because they were unable to stay home with them. Maybe you should do something that you can easily give up until you have children and have no debt to get it. 

What in the ever loving pile of horseshit is this ......well horse shit! Are you kidding me? My daughter's pulmonary and sleep doctor is the reason we have a sleep lab at our local children's hospital. She's been my daughters doctor since birth and she was my friend's doctor 29 years ago. She raised 6 children, 3 of whom she adopted from Russia and has always always enjoyed her work. We are going to be scrambling to find a doctor as fantastic as her when she retires. I'm friends with two of her children online and they had a wonderful childhood and were not beaten for raisins and their mother did not give up her passion. Actually when I sit here and think about it all my daughter's doctors are women and have been in their fields a long time. Orthopedic dr is a woman with children, practicing 16 years, Genetics dr is a grandmother in her 23rd year, pediatrician is in her 25th year, most of our respiratory nurses have been doing this 15+ years. So what kind of doctors is Lori talking to?

17 minutes ago, I love Pringles said:

What in the ever loving pile of horseshit is this ......well horse shit! Are you kidding me? My daughter's pulmonary and sleep doctor is the reason we have a sleep lab at our local children's hospital. She's been my daughters doctor since birth and she was my friend's doctor 29 years ago. She raised 6 children, 3 of whom she adopted from Russia and has always always enjoyed her work. We are going to be scrambling to find a doctor as fantastic as her when she retires. I'm friends with two of her children online and they had a wonderful childhood and were not beaten for raisins and their mother did not give up her passion. Actually when I sit here and think about it all my daughter's doctors are women and have been in their fields a long time. Orthopedic dr is a woman with children, practicing 16 years, Genetics dr is a grandmother in her 23rd year, pediatrician is in her 25th year, most of our respiratory nurses have been doing this 15+ years. So what kind of doctors is Lori talking to?

In Lori land, being a ballerina = "dancing for the glory of the Lord", and being a doctor who improves the quality of lives/saves lives= women being selfish / stealing men's work /sin. 

Cassie's response reminds me of Sarah Maxwell's response when confronted by some FJers at the highly contaversial attendance of a Maxwell conference.

5 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

It's more of a Ken issue, but I've been holding onto this:

Screenshot_2016-06-27-11-47-04.png

Why do fundies, or anyone hold onto the thought that Mary Magdalene had a sinful past? She had demons cast out in the story, probably seizures....hardly something to disparage a person over!

8 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

She mentions again today about her brain tumor. Should those with brain tumors really be giving advice of any sort to anyone? 

I want to say not marriage advice! Brain tumours are known for changing and/or impacting on personalities. Then again, I am not a horrid person like she is. Speaking from personal experience here.

Lori:

We did reported it yesterday but nothing has happened. Amazon must not care much about this issue. It would be so easy to fix; one must buy the book before being able to review it but they don’t require this, unfortunately.

Well, thank heavens they "did reported it".  I wonder if they also reported that Lori made a pitiful attempt at begging the sheeple to leave her positive reviews...because zomg, a spiritual battle is happening RIGHT NOW in the Amazon reviews :my_shy:

What was it she said?  Oh, yeah:

Lori Alexander
Yesterday at 2:15pm
The concern Ken and I had about selling my book on Amazon was because of those who hate me and my message and they have begun posting nasty reviews about me and my blog on Amazon without even reading my book. Can any of you who feel led publish a review what you know about what I write even if you haven't bought my book or read it? I know who the enemy is that we are fighting but if a bunch of you would say something positive about it, we can at least make a dent. Thank you"

In any case, Lori should be glad Amazon is so lackadaisical about their review criteria, because as of now, she only has 4 verified reviews.  One of those is from her DIL (which Amazon actually doesn't allow). That's right- If Lori's family actually followed the rules, and Amazon adopted Lori's no review until you've bought the book policy, then she would have exactly 3 reviews.  The other 14 positive reviews?  Yeah, those people haven't read the book.  

So once again, Lori has no idea how the internet works?

It's not "cyber-stalking" or harassment to quote someone or notice their comments.  It's how the internet is actually designed to work.  The whole idea is that people can link pages and quote text and search things.

27 minutes ago, 2xx1xy1JD said:

So once again, Lori has no idea how the internet works?

It's not "cyber-stalking" or harassment to quote someone or notice their comments.  It's how the internet is actually designed to work.  The whole idea is that people can link pages and quote text and search things.

So would the time Ken spent here be considerd cyber stalking under Lori's definition?

Lori, it seems, has published a book but is utterly unaware of ARCs. I think they're a big part of the reason that Amazon doesn't require you to be a verified purchaser to post a review, because ARCs are sent out, free, before the book is released, in exchange for an honest review. Not allowing people who haven't purchased the book through Amazon would not only rule out people who borrowed from the library or a friend or who had purchased it elsewhere, but it would also mean Amazon could no longer display ratings or reviews until after release date which, when it comes to pre-orders, is not in Amazon's best interests.

9 hours ago, Hisey said:

Okay, I admit I get irritable at Mr Alba from time to time. But I'm not "punishing" him. I'm irritable, and he may or may not even be partly to blame, but my emotions do not exist in order to punish my husband.

And, no, this shit does not happen "many times a day". If it does, beating your wife is not the answer. Divorce is.

3 hours ago, 1CrazyMama said:

Why do fundies, or anyone hold onto the thought that Mary Magdalene had a sinful past? She had demons cast out in the story, probably seizures....hardly something to disparage a person over!

Didn't the early church put out the rumour that she was a prostitute or something? I can't remember the details, but I'm sure I believed she was for ages until someone (probably at FJ!) corrected me on that score.

3 hours ago, alba said:

Didn't the early church put out the rumour that she was a prostitute or something? I can't remember the details, but I'm sure I believed she was for ages until someone (probably at FJ!) corrected me on that score.

The story right before the introduction of Mary M is the story of the unnamed prostitute that washes Jesus' feet with her hair. So many people have combined them to be the same lady. The Catholic Church has said they are 2 different people (not that Lori will listen to any Catholic scholar). 

13 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Hold up. Does this mean she advocates beating your wife?

If my husband were to raise a switch to my ass he'd be kicked out before you could say "wifely discipline". 

"In the average marriage ... such punishments are given often and many times a day ..." 

I really want to know what kinds of couples she knows. The few I've known who've constantly been at each other's throats (verbally) are those on the path to divorce. Precious few marriages involve all that nastiness "often and many times a day." If it did, the whole institution would be unbearable! Who wants to live with someone who is constantly giving out hatefully sarcastic comments, the silent treatment or worse? Not I! 

And Ken, I am utterly disgusted at you calling Mary Magdalene's and the other women's trip to see Jesus a "field trip." It was a tremendous honor -- and the men, if you recall, treated their experience disparagingly, too: 

"When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene,out of whom he had driven seven demons. 10She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it. Afterward Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking in the country. These returned and reported it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.

"Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen."

WTF is wrong with you? You two are disgusting and hateful -- how dare you call yourselves Christians when you sit and mock God and Jesus every time you open your ignorant mouths?

The story right before the introduction of Mary M is the story of the unnamed prostitute that washes Jesus' feet with her hair. So many people have combined them to be the same lady. The Catholic Church has said they are 2 different people (not that Lori will listen to any Catholic scholar). 

Thanks for the clarification. Out of curiosity, has the Catholic church always taken that stance, right from the start? I'm just wondering because it's clearly a relatively widespread misunderstanding, considering I believed it and my family aren't religious, so I'm curious if it *was* official doctrine (either in Catholicism or another mainstream denomination) at one point or not.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived