IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Back in the dark ages, you hung your wedding band on a string and held it over your belly. Depending on which way it swung told you whether it was a boy or girl. That was Wolf 1. With Wolf 2 I had an ultrasound and learned it was a girl. I  couldn't even tell it was a baby. Wolf 2 turned out to be a boy, current!y on a submarine. I did have an OBGYN for both, but technology was limited.

Hahah they still do that here. Just before the ultasound to see if it's right. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Hahah they still do that here. Just before the ultasound to see if it's right. 

Jessa can't do that because she hasn't had the damn ultrasound 

now that  I know how she treats her self and her unborn baby - I am tiny disturbed by her attitude and don't care about photos 

OMG what is wrong :D 

carry on 

the mood will come back 

2 hours ago, nst said:

Jessa can't do that because she hasn't had the damn ultrasound 

now that  I know how she treats her self and her unborn baby - I am tiny disturbed by her attitude and don't care about photos 

OMG what is wrong  

carry on 

the mood will come back 

She did have one ultrasound at least with Spurgeon. Right around the halfway mark of 20 weeks because you can learn the sex at that point. She's currently around 25 weeks now, so it's possible she's had one recently or is planning to have one soon and she simply hasn't shared that with the public.

And now that Jill is back I think it's possible that she has heard the baby's heart as well. Jill has a Doppler and could probably find the heartbeat easily enough. Maybe Jessa specifically wanted to wait for Jill to come home to do that because she trusts her sister or she wanted to share that experience with her.

45 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

She did have one ultrasound at least with Spurgeon. Right around the halfway mark of 20 weeks because you can learn the sex at that point. She's currently around 25 weeks now, so it's possible she's had one recently or is planning to have one soon and she simply hasn't shared that with the public.

And now that Jill is back I think it's possible that she has heard the baby's heart as well. Jill has a Doppler and could probably find the heartbeat easily enough. Maybe Jessa specifically wanted to wait for Jill to come home to do that because she trusts her sister or she wanted to share that experience with her.

That could very well be possible but I think Jessa's attitude about it all rubs people the wrong way. She's quite smug about it all and that's not surprising. She's always smug but it can be rather irritating. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

That could very well be possible but I think Jessa's attitude about it all rubs people the wrong way. She's quite smug about it all and that's not surprising. She's always smug but it can be rather irritating. 

Oh I completely agree. She rubs me the wrong way at times too. Just pointing out that the show is behind real time, so it's possible she may have gotten something done by now. We won't know unless she mentions it or it's covered on the show.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Oh I completely agree. She rubs me the wrong way at times too. Just pointing out that the show is behind real time, so it's possible she may have gotten something done by now. We won't know unless she mentions it or it's covered on the show.

I agree that it's likely she has at least heard the heart. They didn't mention that last night at all so good chance it did happen. 

I will say this about Jessa and Ben's cavalier attitudes about this pregnancy...in some ways it's refreshing for a Duggar to be seemingly more invested and interested in their already born child vs the next child. Good for them for seemingly putting Spurge, first.  I do think the SWHTF when the baby comes- they WILL have to deal with 2 and divide their time. Ludicrous as it might be to be concerned about 2 youngsters, who have no real jobs beyond a rarely being filmed, shitty RTVS, or concerns about making ends meet (providing anything for themselves or their children) or having time constraints.

On 10/23/2016 at 11:42 PM, justmy2cents said:

I believe that embryos have to be 'adopted' from the bio parent/s. I know someone who did that and keeps in touch so her child will know his or her siblings.

It isn't a legal adoption because legally embryos are not human; embryos are property. It is a property transfer, but the genetic parents can ask for whatever they want before the property is transferred into the new owner's possession. If the genetic parents have not retained the ownership of the embryos, usually in a case where they donated the unused embryos to the facility that helped to create them, some facilities have certain conditions before they will transfer the embryos, including things like a home study. Snowflake is just one of several organizations that serve as a go-between for donors and hopeful parents.

And I agree with poster who mentioned that Jessa should have prenatal testing for possible Zika exposure as she was in CA in the Spring right before she apparently conceived- 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

And I agree with poster who mentioned that Jessa should have prenatal testing for possible Zika exposure as she was in CA in the Spring right before she apparently conceived- 

Wow! She really should go to a doctor and get some testing done then. It's just frustrating that she would be so don't care about it. 

14 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Wow! She really should go to a doctor and get some testing done then. It's just frustrating that she would be so don't care about it. 

she is in a Duggar Bubble that will never ever be popped 

6 minutes ago, nst said:

she is in a Duggar Bubble that will never ever be popped 

I'm pretty sure that you're talking about her own ego...

On 10/25/2016 at 6:47 AM, Jinder Roles said:

I don't see it mentioned anywhere yet but Ben made this post on instagram yesterday... 

On the one hand I'm glad Ben is becoming woke, probably from association with Flame. Of the Duggar in-laws looks like he's the one that's maturing in his ideas the most (I don't have a take on Jeremy yet) 

On the other hand I'm so tired of white people being praised for acknowledging structural inequalities. Like thanks for finally saying it, we've been telling y'all about this shit for centuries. Actually, I'm not sure Ben is acknowledging systemic racism, just the blatant racist and harsh comments that come from a lot of white conservative Christians regarding BLM and race relations in America. 

If Ben's gonna talk about empathy but then campaign for Trump, vilify women who get abortions (this affects so many WOCs), try to "save" the inner-city with his terrible rapping and generally go on with the white saviour bullshit then honestly his newfound "empathy" is still extremely problematic and he can go shove it up his ass. 

Not meaning to sound harsh. There's a lot of unlearning, re-learning and humbling we all have to do when becoming aware of our privileges and learning to be useful allies. I'm just skeptical... it's like when Ben tried to talk about racism in an earlier video and made it a "let's be more godly" thing instead of a "let's take a serious look at structural systems of oppression" thing. Or the time he told girls to respect themselves instead of talking about misogyny. 

I hope Benye continues to become more socially conscious and mindful. And that he's really putting in the mental work to understand instead of writing a 'sympathetic' post and then doing the same old ignorant shit. 

Ok, rant over. 

p.s: I've never thought Ben was dim, just a little awkward on camera and inarticulate. 

I'm very surprised by Ben Seewald's actions of late to be honest. Coming from a hardcore ATI perspective, with its very white-centric worldview and where Christian contemporary music is constantly, repeatedly vilified as being the source of moral corruption... I am honestly surprised. I did not expect him to entertain a Christian rap star, of all things, or even go near "black lives matter". It seems so alien to the world of ATI (but of course he's not ATI, I think),  If the Duggars are still really into Gothardism, or if their beliefs and dogmas are undergoing changes (don't expect them to stop being conservative, though, lol, just maybe move from one "type" of  fundism to another...), I wonder if Jessa would have been allowed to court him at all. Having a different opinion is considered really dangerous in a fundie context. Adhering to the patriarch's dogma to the letter is the ideal.  

What makes me sad though is that the Duggar girls have so little in life. In their worldview, of course, and from their experiences, they are probably happy even with a little freedom (like what Jeremy can offer Jinger in terms of a "modern city life", like "good coffee" or rides on the subway). Imagine moving from worse-than-Amish jumpers to wearing make-up and modern modest... that must be ultimate freedom.

My life has changed a lot since my ATI, but the Duggar girls have had so little change. They basically went from tending babies and keeping house for their mother to doing the same... no education, no skill development, no chance to do crazy, new and unexpected things, to explore the world, to be their own person outside of a system.

@BrettaIf I remember right, the Seewalds were a Vision Forum family at some point. I think you're right that they were never ATI

14 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I got tested for it out of an abundance of caution early in my pregnancy because we Honeymooned in Barbados about three months before we conceived. The test is really simple. They just draw your blood for it. After that they send it to a special lab that's state approved and they let you know your results. They also inform the state so they can keep track of how many people are infected, where they are, and how they became infected.

But yeah, she would likely need to see a Doctor or a licensed Midwife for that. And I don't know if she would be willing to do that. Plus, she has the whole "God's will" mentality going on. No diagnosis is going to cause her to consider abortion, but it could give them valuable time to absorb the news and form a solid plan for dealing with it. 

I came to kinda defend Jessa's choice of not having prenatal care, and comparing it to the norwegian way - one or two consultations before week 18 (to confirm pregnancy, do some blood tests), one ultrasound at 18-20 weeks for anatomy check and so forth, and then 4-6 consultations leading up to the birth. Checking fundus measurements, repeat blood tests if needed, blood pressure tests, glucose tests, etc.

So, just one ultrasound is not that uncommon world wide (no prenatal care is not that uncommon world wide...). 

But then I thought a little. It is free here. Not so in her case. So that might be one explanation - but TLC would probably have paid for it. And then I got really frothing mad. If she's not had any prenatal care AT ALL, that is so irresponsible. Zika. A large hemorrage last time. Preeclampsia. Everything that has been mentioned here. It is sooo easy! Jill can probably do some of it - the checks for proteinuria, blood pressure, fundus measurements, weight checks, etc. As the pregnancy progresses, the more important prenatal care is going to be. Is the baby big? Is the baby alright? Does she have placenta previa and will hemorraghe and die during birth? 

Do the bare minimum at least! You have one child, soon to have another, Spurge needs his mother and the growing baby has to be taken responsibility for!

Reminds me of the saying, God answers all prayers, but the answer might be No - and might answer you with "I made doctors! What did you bloody expect, a miracle?"

FFS.

Your quote, "God answers all prayers, but the answer might be no" is one of my favorites.  Good for all religions (even us ebil Catholics )

1 hour ago, NewOrleansLady said:

Your quote, "God answers all prayers, but the answer might be no" is one of my favorites.  Good for all religions (even us ebil Catholics )

Yes! I knew a woman who would say, "God answers all prayers, but we don't notice, because it is often the answer we don't want to hear." I think this is something that the Duggars kind of fail at. They believe that if you don't follow a certain lifestyle, you're not Godly. But everyone follows a different path. Kindness and understanding is more important than eschewing modern medicine to prove how much faith you have.

8 hours ago, Bretta said:

I'm very surprised by Ben Seewald's actions of late to be honest. Coming from a hardcore ATI perspective, with its very white-centric worldview and where Christian contemporary music is constantly, repeatedly vilified as being the source of moral corruption... I am honestly surprised. I did not expect him to entertain a Christian rap star, of all things, 

-snip-

I keep wondering what Jessa and the rest of the Duggars think of Ben rapping. Do they disapprove? Are they unmarrieds not allowed to listen because it might stir up desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled? I guess Jessa can listen because she can righteously fulfill her desires, though I doubt his rapping stirs up much desire...

10 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I keep wondering what Jessa and the rest of the Duggars think of Ben rapping. Do they disapprove? Are they unmarrieds not allowed to listen because it might stir up desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled? I guess Jessa can listen because she can righteously fulfill her desires, though I doubt his rapping stirs up much desire...

based on she acted - I don't think she is too into 

I think she just deals with it passively aggressively 

18 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I don't think that they approve. I would say it's more of a dealing with it in the way you would deal with a child "This too shall pass." They're going to deal with it but I doubt that we will have to worry about Ben rapping in the future. 

Just seen this on the Seewald Family Blog  

It's good that they watch more secular movies, but this write up is just crap. It's basically Thor=Jesus because metaphors. That's not deep thinking, that just shows Ben could pass GCSE Media Studies. 

Not once does he acknowledge that a real culture once believed in the gods of Thor and Loki. But that's probably more to do with its being a slightly terrible movie and less Ben's prejudice!

http://theseewaldfamily.com/blog?ID=e0f2cc45-ca67-4f87-9355-ccd380ccaa08

On the topic of ultrasound, a teacher I know had a new baby last month. They had multiple ultrasounds and a big "gender reveal" party (don't come after me about the terms, that is what they called it) and the whole thing. They planned for their third girl. 

She had a boy. 

1 hour ago, Bushes of Love said:

Just seen this on the Seewald Family Blog  

It's good that they watch more secular movies, but this write up is just crap. It's basically Thor=Jesus because metaphors. That's not deep thinking, that just shows Ben could pass GCSE Media Studies. 

Not once does he acknowledge that a real culture once believed in the gods of Thor and Loki. But that's probably more to do with its being a slightly terrible movie and less Ben's prejudice!

http://theseewaldfamily.com/blog?ID=e0f2cc45-ca67-4f87-9355-ccd380ccaa08

everything Ben writes about is crap and he acts like he is the first one to discover anything 

don't you know he discovered the internet.....

On 10/25/2016 at 1:47 AM, Jinder Roles said:

I don't see it mentioned anywhere yet but Ben made this post on instagram yesterday... 

On the one hand I'm glad Ben is becoming woke, probably from association with Flame. Of the Duggar in-laws looks like he's the one that's maturing in his ideas the most (I don't have a take on Jeremy yet) 

On the other hand I'm so tired of white people being praised for acknowledging structural inequalities. Like thanks for finally saying it, we've been telling y'all about this shit for centuries. Actually, I'm not sure Ben is acknowledging systemic racism, just the blatant racist and harsh comments that come from a lot of white conservative Christians regarding BLM and race relations in America. 

If Ben's gonna talk about empathy but then campaign for Trump, vilify women who get abortions (this affects so many WOCs), try to "save" the inner-city with his terrible rapping and generally go on with the white saviour bullshit then honestly his newfound "empathy" is still extremely problematic and he can go shove it up his ass. 

Not meaning to sound harsh. There's a lot of unlearning, re-learning and humbling we all have to do when becoming aware of our privileges and learning to be useful allies. I'm just skeptical... it's like when Ben tried to talk about racism in an earlier video and made it a "let's be more godly" thing instead of a "let's take a serious look at structural systems of oppression" thing. Or the time he told girls to respect themselves instead of talking about misogyny. 

I hope Benye continues to become more socially conscious and mindful. And that he's really putting in the mental work to understand instead of writing a 'sympathetic' post and then doing the same old ignorant shit. 

Ok, rant over. 

p.s: I've never thought Ben was dim, just a little awkward on camera and inarticulate. 

Lots of great points here. But I would add that he's also 20-years-old, and grew up in a pretty sheltered environment. The fact that he's even considering more empathetic points of view surprises many of us here, but that's just because the bar is so darn low!

Ben dreamed of being a star football player? Like in American Football or in European Football? If it is the first it explains the "Football Camp". If it is the latter it would explain his love for Jeremy. Or, if I think again, it rises the question if this text is actually written by Jeremy.  

The text structure and synopsis is not bad though- for a 10th grader (age 16).

(Talking about his newest "masterpiece" on his website)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived