IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 10: Having my baby

samurai_sarah

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a thought. A friend of mine had twins, unknown. She had regular pre-natal care, but no ultrasound because there was no medical reason. Funny thing is, her dad, who was a GP did both the pre-natal care and the home birth. In that particular rural area GPs do a lot of home births, and though I would not opt for my dad, her choice was either him or a strange man. So I understood.

Then I thought of the Duggar girlwomen. They are not so unlucky after all. Even though they have to put up with M at their bedside, at least they are not delivered by JB.

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

They don't need to. Jill already owns one.

My sister offered to let me borrow the one she bought during her pregnancy. I said no. I'd be too tempted to use it a lot and it would send me into a panic attack if I wasn't able to find it. Luckily, Velocibaby has been consistently cooperative during ultrasounds and when they've used the Doppler (my Doctors use it at each appointment to ensure she is doing ok - that's just how they do things for every patient at their practice.)

I'm hoping it's something relatively "normal", but unintentionally hysterical for us. Like Marcus Anthony Duggar was. It's a lovely name, but the historical and cultural references are hysterical.

Love the initials too--MAD.  Poor little guy!

3 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Love the initials too--MAD.  Poor little guy!

He following in his PGM's footsteps.

Michelle Annette Duggar

isn't jessa nice making her soon to be married sister take pictures ahead of her own wedding so she doesn't have to do after her wedding so she can concentrate on her wifely duties. and blech to Jessa thinking she is being overwhelmed to god's kindness due to all the milestones in her life this week - what did she do that was so great

2 hours ago, MyMilkshake said:

Spurgeon is such a cute little guy.

It's such a pity that he has such obnoxious parents!  

44 minutes ago, nst said:

and Ben's new glasses do him no justice 

he looks possibly bad as can be 

Well he is married now. He doesn't need to look good. 

Isn't Ben into name of prostestant theologists or theorists?

Then I have the perfect name:

Martin Luther (not the civil rights guy, I mean the founder of the prostestant church!)

or Calvin (last name of another early figure in the protestant reformation)

And I think if you consider Spurgeon, Luther or Calvin don't sound soo bad in comparison, Martin would be a cute regular name.

If it's a girl: Martina or Calvina, or just Luther also.

two brothers named spurgeon and luther or calvin, hm,... not so bad.

funny thing: luther is a german last name, as is seewald.

45 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Martin Luther (not the civil rights guy, I mean the founder of the prostestant church!)

or Calvin (last name of another early figure in the protestant reformation)

And I think if you consider Spurgeon, Luther or Calvin don't sound soo bad in comparison, Martin would be a cute regular name.

If it's a girl: Martina or Calvina, or just Luther also.

two brothers named spurgeon and luther or calvin, hm,... not so bad.

funny thing: luther is a german last name, as is seewald.

Well, both Martin Seewald and Calvin Seewald are perfectly nice, relatively normal names. If Spurge is anything to go by, I'm guessing they'll be middle names and we'll get a totally bonkers first name.

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

[snip]

My brother made that mistake when he had to write an essay for religion class in (catholic) high school. He wrote the whole essay on martin luther king jr and thd teacher was like "uh wrong guy" and gave him more time to fix it.

I looked up surnames of famous Calvinist / Baptist theologians looking for a hint at what Seewald Spawn #2 will be named. Shortlisted names (after removing the normal ones) included:
  1. Whitefield
  2. Knox
  3. Wycliffe
  4. Leland
  5. Roloff
I didn't bother looking up girls names because there are no famous historical female preachers (obviously). I assume that if it's a girl they'll just name it "Syndy" (Cindy with an S) or something Jinger-esque along those lines.

I think Leland is the full first name of Lee Adama from BSG, which means a) Leland Seewald would have a perfectly normal nickname to fall back on, and B) every time I heard the name I'd think of evil sci-fi.

18 hours ago, momofsquid said:

True story: my MIL wanted us to name our kid Leland if she'd been a boy. Her reasoning: "You have to think of how it sounds on the phone! And his little friends could call him Lee!" Of course I wouldn't do that to any kid, but yes, it is better than Spurgeon.

Lelend (spelled this way) is my nephews name.

23 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Lelend (spelled this way) is my nephews name.

Oh, maybe it isn't as out there as I thought! I have a mental image of "Leland" that is inconsistent with a small child. I chalked it up to MIL's habit of saying strange things to try to get a rise out of me. Sorry if I offended.

I'm enough of a nerd that  I'd like to see a child inadvertently named after Leland Stanford, a major player in the Central Pacific Railroad (the railroad that started in California and came east, meeting the Union Pacific at Promontory Point, Utah to form the Transcontinental Railroad.) He was also president of the Southern Pacific. He and his wife founded Stanford Junior University, which became Stanford University. Sadly, I don't ever see a Duggar going there. 

(My Dad was a model railroader, and I live Stephen Ambrose's Nothing Else Like It In the World.)

41 minutes ago, momofsquid said:

Oh, maybe it isn't as out there as I thought! I have a mental image of "Leland" that is inconsistent with a small child. I chalked it up to MIL's habit of saying strange things to try to get a rise out of me. Sorry if I offended.

Doesn't offend me! not my favorite, you should see how they spelled their daughters name...it makes me batty!

I'm not sure anything could be worst than Spurgeon but maybe you know they will find something truly horrible. We are saying nothing could be worse than Spurgeon and then they will name their new child. Then it will be WTF or it will be totally normal and we will say "Poor Spurgeon." 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm not sure anything could be worst than Spurgeon but maybe you know they will find something truly horrible. We are saying nothing could be worse than Spurgeon and then they will name their new child. Then it will be WTF or it will be totally normal and we will say "Poor Spurgeon." 

Albus Severus Seewald? :cracking-up:

Hahahaha then his initials would be ASS

Just now, HarryPotterFan said:

And their parents could call them Spurgie and Stinky!

2 minutes ago, nst said:

Jessa is making Spud watch her wedding ceremony.  She is filming herself watching it and then turns to Spud and says are you watching it? 

Really? I would down vote this, not down voting you, you understand, but Jessa. Anyway, I decided when I first joined never to down vote anyone. So here is my reaction, again not at you, nst. :puke-huge:

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Really? I would down vote this, not down voting you, you understand, but Jessa. Anyway, I decided when I first joined never to down vote anyone. So here is my reaction, again not at you, nst. :puke-huge:

tell me why :) is iti because he wouldn't understand or because again it's all about her? 

and now people.com has online

Hhaha Peregrin Meriadoc Seewald? PMS anyone?

BTW: I don't actually think that Ben and Jessa will name their child after LotR characters but it would be funny! :D 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived