IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Purrl said:

If his church is just a store front, I wouldn't want to be married there. How ugly and plain. I bet they get married in a nice church. Either Jeremy's Dad's church or one near the Duggar compound.

They said in the US article that they will marry in Arkansas,

September is a beautiful month for a wedding. Mr. Museum and I will have our one-year anniversary Sept. 26. As Billy Idol once sang, it was a nice day for a white wedding.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

We were married November 7 last year. Almost exactly two years after my husband proposed. :)

And I wouldn't be surprised if a ton has changed over the years. Last year my grandparents found the receipts from their wedding reception and the reception for her sister's wedding as well. They both cost under $400.00 total and had a good number of guests (don't remember exact numbers.) I mean, the weddings were in 1957 and 1958... But damn son... :pb_lol:

I know right? We invited close to 125 people. We knew some wouldn't be able to attend for various reasons (like travel for his Great-Aunts), but we figured we'd hit at least the 100. That didn't happen though. Because of his grandparents and some members of his mom's family. Really long story, but we wound up closer to 80 guests and had to pay for 100 to attend (the venue did cut the price a tiny bit for us, which they didn't need to do.) It was better they didn't come though - we all had a great time and we didn't have to worry that someone was going to cause a scene. 

Mine is on October 15th, and our oldests birthday is November 8th!

We had like, 56 people and an amazing food spread. We had six horderves, three different meat selections, a full viennese table, full bar, and the package even came with an ice sculpture! It was about $6,000 for all that food for everyone, and the chair covers. I can only imagine how much it will be when the boys get married! *weeps*

Almost forgot to say that my room minimum was 50 people, and we JUST made it. We were ok as long as everyone came, and only two people didn't. Thank God, lol.

On 8/21/2016 at 7:30 PM, Sparky said:

Loving all of the proposal stories! My fiancé and I are from different provinces and have been together for 4 years, he proposed just before last Christmas on December 23. 

We alternate between my parent's house and his parents farm each year for Christmas. This year was his parents turn for us, so we were making the 10 hour drive to the farm. He pulled over at the rest stop exactly between our provinces and made an excuse about needing to let the dog out and give her water... This annoyed the shit out of me as we had just done exactly that 20 minutes earlier.

My fiancé spent about 5 minutes convincing me to get out of the car in the -20 degree weather and I finally obliged and started playing with our dog. I didn't notice my poor fiancé down on one knee for a solid 5 minutes before he was said "Sparky!! Will you  bloody turn around and look at me?". When I saw him on one knee, I was so surprised that I replied with "Are you f*cking kidding me?". We are getting hitched on September 17 of this year.

image.jpeg

That ring is STUNNING.

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

September is a beautiful month for a wedding. Mr. Museum and I will have our one-year anniversary Sept. 26. As Billy Idol once sang, it was a nice day for a white wedding.

That's the day before my birthday! :D And the baby was Baptized that day last year too!

Our wedding, nearly 30 years ago, was typical of the small, rural Scandinavian community where we live. Both our families are from there, too. At the time, it was still common for the reception to be open to all. You sent invitations but also posted one on the community bulletin board. Our decorations were wild flowers, both at the church and at the venue, and we had a buffet dinner, beef, chicken, poached salmon, fresh veggies and new potato salad, with cake and traditional cookies for dessert, with seating inside and under a tent outside. We had picked out several recipes from the first Martha Stewart wedding book, and it was DELISH. We served 400. But...it was a different time. The chicken breasts were the only things not from local farmers or fisherfolk. So the cost was actually much less than a friend's wedding for 100 guests that same year, in suburban Chicago. (Hers was a sit down dinner, though.)

We decided at thanksgiving to do a proper church wedding instead of the justice of the peace on New Year's Eve. There were no halls available and the only restaurant with anything had the center of the room for us. It may have been a bit awkward for the other diners, but it worked for us. Mr. D and our mothers planned just about everything as I was in another state taking night classes at the time. I honestly don't know how many of the hundred people we invited showed up, but I think it was most and the reception ran about 1,000 to 1,500. My parents payed for it, so I'm not quite sure. The church was free, the pastor did the ceremony as a gift, and the cake was a wedding present too. I was not one of those girls that planned my dream wedding growing up so my $100 dollar dress and low key reception were perfect.

Have to say I was a bit surprised by their (Jinger+Jeremy) wording about courtship rules. I am just relying on the TLC First Look video posted on Lily and Ellie's website. He talks about wanting to wait with physical whatever but non of them made a clear statement about what is off limits. Or did I miss something?

Sadly (or actualy Luckily) I can not watch their show here in Germany, so I have to rely on this forum and the (fan)blog.

I would love them to explore some physical contact before marriage and just keeping it secret (sad enough) but I fear they are just more careful in how to talk about their crazy beliefs.

It's hard for me to reconcile the fact that a grown ass 28-year-old Jeremy has to have a chaperone to have a date with his girlfriend. It really just looks ridiculous. But, so is this family. Ridiculous on top, dangerous below the surface.

On 8/30/2016 at 2:44 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Since I don't watch the show and only read here, I completely missed this gem.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ocg57mp3YJ1uh0b88o3_250.gif tumblr_ocg57mp3YJ1uh0b88o4_250.gif

Her eye make up is just hideous IMO. First time he sees her without that will be a bigger shock than first time seeing her naked. lol

12 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

He talks about wanting to wait with physical whatever but non of them made a clear statement about what is off limits. Or did I miss something?

Imagining them sitting down with a list to discuss what is ok and what is not.

1) looking at each other?

2) holding hands?

3) side hug? front hug?

4) kiss on cheek?

5) kiss on mouth? tongue?

6) making out?

7) just oral? (lol)

8) DOING IT!

I think they are less believable than two cats.

He either has something wrong with him or it's something else. 

Jinge she is just bat shit crazy 

13 minutes ago, nst said:

I think they are less believable than two cats.

He either has something wrong with him or it's something else. 

Jinge she is just bat shit crazy 

Jinger reminds me of Michelle. Like, a lot. *shudder*

7 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

It's hard for me to reconcile the fact that a grown ass 28-year-old Jeremy has to have a chaperone to have a date with his girlfriend. It really just looks ridiculous. But, so is this family. Ridiculous on top, dangerous below the surface.

I felt the same way with Jill and Derick. Plus, the Duggar's 5 minutes to married plan is bound to eventually backfire when one of their kids ends up marrying a real creep. 

37 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

Jinger reminds me of Michelle. Like, a lot. *shudder*

Tbh, out of all the kids Jinger looks the most like Michelle. I could definitely see her having Michelle's personality when she's 40-50

Actually, Josie kind of looks like her too. 

Spoiler

My proposal, after a  few months  of living together was, "you wanna ring? Or should we get furniture?" (We were in a furnished efficiency) anyway, I said, "you can't sleep on a ring." So we went to Big Gurnee Discount Furniture and for $599 got a kitchen table and 4 chairs, a sofa, easy chair, 2 end tables, a coffee table, 2 living room lamps, a bed frame, box spring and mattress, 2  dressers and 2 bedroom lamps. About a year later we got married after my so romantic guy said, "wanna go get blood tests?" 

It's been 43 years.. At about 25 years I bought myself a combination anniversary/mother's  ring. All 3 of the little berries were July babies, so I designed a ring of teny stones, ruby, diamond, ruby, diamond, ruby. Set in gold. I love it, and it feels like me. The oldest berry baby died about then so the ring has extra meaning.

We all wanted to free Jinger, but maybe this is as free as she wants/can be. Not my idea of free, no college, no job, no pursuit of her photography interests, but a man, a headship, a new life in a city might be all she needs to be happy.

32 minutes ago, BlackberryGirl said:
  Hide contents

My proposal, after a  few months  of living together was, "you wanna ring? Or should we get furniture?" (We were in a furnished efficiency) anyway, I said, "you can't sleep on a ring." So we went to Big Gurnee Discount Furniture and for $599 got a kitchen table and 4 chairs, a sofa, easy chair, 2 end tables, a coffee table, 2 living room lamps, a bed frame, box spring and mattress, 2  dressers and 2 bedroom lamps. About a year later we got married after my so romantic guy said, "wanna go get blood tests?" 

It's been 43 years.. At about 25 years I bought myself a combination anniversary/mother's  ring. All 3 of the little berries were July babies, so I designed a ring of teny stones, ruby, diamond, ruby, diamond, ruby. Set in gold. I love it, and it feels like me. The oldest berry baby died about then so the ring has extra meaning.

I'm very sorry. That ring sounds beautiful and extremely meaningful, especially considering your loss. :hug:

1 hour ago, jacduggar said:

I felt the same way with Jill and Derick. Plus, the Duggar's 5 minutes to married plan is bound to eventually backfire when one of their kids ends up marrying a real creep. 

Anna did- But the creep WAS A Duggar!

1 hour ago, BlackberryGirl said:
  Reveal hidden contents

<3

I cannot see Jinger as a pastors wife... especially after viewing last night's episode. She reminded me of a middle school girl, not a grown woman.  I totally see Jana as a pastors wife... Being in a receiving line, organizing events and food, teaching Sunday school, etc.  It makes me mad that these girls don't have a chance to go to school or work and learn things and grow into functioning adults that can make their own choices! 

12 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

I cannot see Jinger as a pastors wife... especially after viewing last night's episode. She reminded me of a middle school girl, not a grown woman.  I totally see Jana as a pastors wife... Being in a receiving line, organizing events and food, teaching Sunday school, etc.  It makes me mad that these girls don't have a chance to go to school or work and learn things and grow into functioning adults that can make their own choices! 

But in these extreme fundy churches... aren't many to all of the women kept stupid and childish? Isn't that the fallback position? I mean, arent' they supposed to act like that? Somehow, there's an ugly drudge, as in not a fundy trophy, who gets the work done, gets the lists made, gets the buses organized, and gives all the credit to God   to the pastor's wife ("isn't she a blessing?") and the circle continues...

So I broke and watched her parts of the episode (had to fast forward through Kim Jong Boob every time, I just cringe when I see/hear him) 

Anyways, I think I have second hand embarrassment for Jinger. I don't think I even acted like that in my days when I had pictures of N'SYNC all over my walls. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived