IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

I hadn't seen that, @halcionne.  Glad it's still alive!

I'm not surprised the photo got negative comments.  Everyone I know who has had Guinea pigs had them in much bigger pens than this.  Hopefully it has a nice big one outside and is only in this little one at nighttime.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, halcionne said:

They posted a pic on FB that seems to be the same guinea pig from last year: <snip> 

I'm honestly impressed. The Duggars are generally shitty pet owners. Hoohoo, comments on this picture suggest they're not caring for this pet appropriately, either:Bazinga:

I've been a very big guinea pig person for years now, and just... to the bolded: Nope, they're not! 

Just from a glance I can already say that this guinea pig is being majorly short-handed by Michelle and Jim Bob for no reason other than they're lazy and probably didn't want the guinea pig to take up room in the first place. Considering their wealth of space and money and resources... there's no damn excuse for them to not have a C&C cage or open-area floor set up for the guinea pig to live in, or even a Midwest Habitat cage, which is absolutely more cost-effective for the size than the shit they decided to house this poor, lonely guinea pig in.

There's barely enough turning space for that poor baby, and judging by the state of that bedding... they probably sleep in a lot of heavily soiled shit and piss most of the time because of how little room there is to space the mess out, which puts them at risk for all sorts of health problems/infection. Guinea pigs are fragile, high-stress babies -- you have to actually take care of them and be vigilant about it if you want them to live a long, happy, healthy life. It's rewarding, definitely, but you need to actually put the work in and be willing to make space. It could definitely be worse, but I'm just amazed at the arrogance of the parents; like I'm sure all the notes about what they're doing wrong with this pig are chalked up as "fads" and not like, actual updated information to prevent early death (as is rampant with guinea pigs under domestic care). Just like the fucking attitude the Duggars have displayed re: delayed baby proofing.

That cage is not even meeting a third of the minimum space requirements for a single guinea pig, and I'm gonna hazard a guess and say there's not much left to the cage length-wise than what's pictured. That pig needs room to stretch and run and, like, hide from the fucking gaggle of children in that house when it's overwhelming. Also? THEY NEED A GUINEA PIG FRIEND, SOMEONE TO TALK TO. Just... really?  They couldn't even do basic fucking pig research before adopting buying one? I'm so mad.

Also? THAT PIG HAS TOO MUCH BANANA, AND VERY LITTLE HAY. WHAT THE HELL DUGGARS?! That's a guarantee for digestive problems, for sure. Hay is supposed to be an even bigger staple in a pig's diet than that tiny ass serving of what looks like not-very-nutritious pellets, and I'm just hoping the igloo that's probably taking up the rest of the cage space is just loaded with hay inside or something, because if those strands in the heavily-soiled, unkempt looking bedding are all the pig has... uh uh. No. That's unacceptable.

I just hope they actually do floor time with the guinea pig every day; like this is actually not as bad as it could be, for sure, and I'm glad there's two bottles ... wel wait, unless that means there's a SECOND pig in there? Oh there better fucking not be. Sure hope they don't get into a bloody fight over the lack of room and oversharing of items. Either way... THEY NEED ROOM. THE SMUGGARS HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH OF IT.

UGGGGGGGGGGH!!
Sorry. I'm just...
man this makes me mad. It's why I've been biting my tongue all this time on it. I just hate the way people treat guinea pigs as "starter pets" and then just assume this means you don't need to read about the animal being housed or actually make sure you're maintaining shit correctly. There's so much more to guinea pig care than just holding a giant potato. fuckin... UGHHHHHHH okay I'm stopping myself now otherwise I'll just go on forever

(P.S. To be clear, I'm not judging Jenni at all for any of this, and my anger is 100% directed at Boobchelle. She is a child. I don't doubt she loves her pig, and she's probably the only thing that's good in this baby's life anyways. It just upsets me because these so-called parents could be teaching her so many great skills and providing her with better tools to implement proper care by doing actual research on how to house and portion out their dietary needs)

P.S.S. (or whatever) Just while we're on the subject, here's an old picture of my Freedom Fries in their habitat. They were asking for more greens because it was Night Lettuce Time. c: But uh... yes: OBSERVE THE SPACE. A TUNNEL. ROOM TO RUN. WOAH. 

photo 3 edit.jpg

On 8/30/2016 at 0:36 PM, Buzzard said:

I have a sinking suspicion that if its at Jeremy's church and his daddy is the pastor King JB will have a role as well.

Could be Pa Vuolo's church. I agree that he will likely officiate, and KJB will be onstage to pontificate over the joys of hey!hey!hey! and allow them to kiss. 

Jessa was smart to keep that buffoon offstage, but I don't think Jinger has the cajones to do so. The only way he stays seated with PossumHead is if Jeremy puts his foot down. I guess we shall see. 

@mizandry YES YES YES! I was going to write something, but you beat me to it, and did a much better job than I would have.

I grew up with guinea pigs, and I've been thinking about getting two again. But I haven't, because I know I don't have the time and space for them right now. 

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

Could be Pa Vuolo's church. I agree that he will likely officiate, and KJB will be onstage to pontificate over the joys of hey!hey!hey! and allow them to kiss. 

Jessa was smart to keep that buffoon offstage, but I don't think Jinger has the cajones to do so. The only way he stays seated with PossumHead is if Jeremy puts his foot down. I guess we shall see. 

Jinge has no cajones - she will do what Ma and Pa Duggar, Jeremy and even Jessa want

I see it already 

Jeremy will be last on her list because she needs to please her FAMILY 

what I don't get is - if she was courting way back in March of this with this guy during the SCA trip when she was on camera - she acted normal - NOW all of a sudden this act has appeared - she was tolerable during SCA interviews 

so for the camera she acts up - like a lunatic  - but before the WORLD knew she acted normally 

these people are higher than the Bachelor people in acting world 

seriously 

6 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

@mizandry YES YES YES! I was going to write something, but you beat me to it, and did a much better job than I would have.

I grew up with guinea pigs, and I've been thinking about getting two again. But I haven't, because I know I don't have the time and space for them right now. 

Aw, thanks! I'm sure you would have conveyed this well yourself had I not posted first - and either way, it's good to know you would've said something. :)  I hope you're able to adopt some guinea pigs in the future! 

I always find it a bit exciting to come across others who've grown up with and care about guinea pigs, to be honest; it can get a little lonely when people are constantly asking you at the park if your guinea pig is a rabbit or a hamster ("... THAT IS A BIG HAMSTER!"), or bringing their dogs up to greet the "puppy" ... :pb_lol: Not that I'm judging anyone harshly for it -- I just find it amusing.

11 hours ago, mizandry said:

I've been a very big guinea pig person for years now, and just... to the bolded: Nope, they're not! 

Just from a glance I can already say that this guinea pig is being majorly short-handed by Michelle and Jim Bob for no reason other than they're lazy and probably didn't want the guinea pig to take up room in the first place. Considering their wealth of space and money and resources... there's no damn excuse for them to not have a C&C cage or open-area floor set up for the guinea pig to live in, or even a Midwest Habitat cage, which is absolutely more cost-effective for the size than the shit they decided to house this poor, lonely guinea pig in.

There's barely enough turning space for that poor baby, and judging by the state of that bedding... they probably sleep in a lot of heavily soiled shit and piss most of the time because of how little room there is to space the mess out, which puts them at risk for all sorts of health problems/infection. Guinea pigs are fragile, high-stress babies -- you have to actually take care of them and be vigilant about it if you want them to live a long, happy, healthy life. It's rewarding, definitely, but you need to actually put the work in and be willing to make space. It could definitely be worse, but I'm just amazed at the arrogance of the parents; like I'm sure all the notes about what they're doing wrong with this pig are chalked up as "fads" and not like, actual updated information to prevent early death (as is rampant with guinea pigs under domestic care). Just like the fucking attitude the Duggars have displayed re: delayed baby proofing.

That cage is not even meeting a third of the minimum space requirements for a single guinea pig, and I'm gonna hazard a guess and say there's not much left to the cage length-wise than what's pictured. That pig needs room to stretch and run and, like, hide from the fucking gaggle of children in that house when it's overwhelming. Also? THEY NEED A GUINEA PIG FRIEND, SOMEONE TO TALK TO. Just... really?  They couldn't even do basic fucking pig research before adopting buying one? I'm so mad.

Also? THAT PIG HAS TOO MUCH BANANA, AND VERY LITTLE HAY. WHAT THE HELL DUGGARS?! That's a guarantee for digestive problems, for sure. Hay is supposed to be an even bigger staple in a pig's diet than that tiny ass serving of what looks like not-very-nutritious pellets, and I'm just hoping the igloo that's probably taking up the rest of the cage space is just loaded with hay inside or something, because if those strands in the heavily-soiled, unkempt looking bedding are all the pig has... uh uh. No. That's unacceptable.

I just hope they actually do floor time with the guinea pig every day; like this is actually not as bad as it could be, for sure, and I'm glad there's two bottles ... wel wait, unless that means there's a SECOND pig in there? Oh there better fucking not be. Sure hope they don't get into a bloody fight over the lack of room and oversharing of items. Either way... THEY NEED ROOM. THE SMUGGARS HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH OF IT.

UGGGGGGGGGGH!!
Sorry. I'm just...
man this makes me mad. It's why I've been biting my tongue all this time on it. I just hate the way people treat guinea pigs as "starter pets" and then just assume this means you don't need to read about the animal being housed or actually make sure you're maintaining shit correctly. There's so much more to guinea pig care than just holding a giant potato. fuckin... UGHHHHHHH okay I'm stopping myself now otherwise I'll just go on forever

(P.S. To be clear, I'm not judging Jenni at all for any of this, and my anger is 100% directed at Boobchelle. She is a child. I don't doubt she loves her pig, and she's probably the only thing that's good in this baby's life anyways. It just upsets me because these so-called parents could be teaching her so many great skills and providing her with better tools to implement proper care by doing actual research on how to house and portion out their dietary needs)

P.S.S. (or whatever) Just while we're on the subject, here's an old picture of my Freedom Fries in their habitat. They were asking for more greens because it was Night Lettuce Time. c: But uh... yes: OBSERVE THE SPACE. A TUNNEL. ROOM TO RUN. WOAH. 

photo 3 edit.jpg

Thank you for everything you said. As a fellow guinea pig lover, I'm horrified at the conditions poor Nibbles has to endure. Guinea pigs are shy creatures and I doubt they would enjoy being subjected to the nonstop chaos in the TTH, much less being confined in a cage with barely enough room to turn around. I don't blame Jenny for this, but her parents, who probably think animals only exist to be used and abused by humans. Consequently, I fully expect Nibbles to join the long list of Duggar pets who have mysteriously "disappeared" over the years. Some well cared for guinea pigs can live anywhere from six to nine years, and I just don't see the Duggars having the patience or interest in giving any animal the care they deserve, especially since they don't even give their own "blessings" enough attention.

On 9/2/2016 at 3:16 AM, miffy said:

Jeremy is hot, Jinger has done well. She might not be 'free', but like Jill she's found a gentle guy who is a lot more worldly than the Duggars. 

I don't think that Jeremy comes off as "gentle" to me. I mean he creeps me out, personally. Certainly I hope he is a gentle, loving husband for her but I don't think we have enough information to make a judgment yet.

Plus I think he *was* worldly but he has obviously retreated from the world and has become pretty fundie, just looking at his church site and listening to his youtube videos and all. So I'm not sure if that will be a positive for Jinger. It could even be a negative for her, because he could use his relative experience and "worldliness" to isolate or demean her, like make her feel inept or unworthy (which judging by her previous statements is the last thing she needs) and it could make her feel insecure. I am not saying I think he would or wouldn't do that, I just think it is interesting that people assume his worldly experiences will be good for Jinger when I could see them just as easily being bad for her, if someone was looking to control or manipulate.

With Jinger acting like a tween who is so totally in luuurrrve, what does Jeremy possibly see in her?!? It seems like she's embarrassing him with her middle-school antics.

Is she acting for the camera or (more likely in my opinion) did her bottled-up feelings for the opposite gender burst like a dam now that she finally has an outlet for them?

Also, this is completely my opinion but I think I've hit on why JinJer bother me as a couple - they don't look right together. This is not a dig on either of their looks, but Jeremy looks like he could pass for a guy in his thirties wile Jinger looks like she could pass for a teenager. Together, they just seem mismatched.

20 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

With Jinger acting like a tween who is so totally in luuurrrve, what does Jeremy possibly see in her?!? It seems like she's embarrassing him with her middle-school antics.

Is she acting for the camera or (more likely in my opinion) did her bottled-up feelings for the opposite gender burst like a dam now that she finally has an outlet for them?

Also, this is completely my opinion but I think I've hit on why JinJer bother me as a couple - they don't look right together. This is not a dig on either of their looks, but Jeremy looks like he could pass for a guy in his thirties wile Jinger looks like she could pass for a teenager. Together, they just seem mismatched.

I am now in the camp she is acting for the camera.  Because when she was in SCA and was in a courtship with him in March - she was normal. 

So it's pure show 

There is something wrong with Jeremy imo - he is a manchild - he is worse than Ben 

Honestly I like Jeremy and Jinger. I haven't seen anything about him that is suspicious or strange, they genuinely seem really in love with each other. Hopefully him being more worldly and them moving away from the Cult of Jim Bob will help them break free of their fundieness (but i'm not holding my breath).

Plus their a refreshing break from the awfulness of Benessa.

I think the whole Over The Top love and infatuation that Jinger is exhibiting is completely encouraged and put on for the show.  As I have said before,  they have done this in varying degrees with Jill and Jessa.  I think Jill was pretty into it as well but Jessa just always seemed awkward.  Jessa always seems awkward to me.  I think in Jinger they found a more malleable subject and they have convinced her to really pile it on.  Don't get me wrong,  I think Jinger probably is infatuated to a degree, but I could really see JB and the producers sitting her down and telling her the future of the franchise rests on making her courtship/engagement/wedding seem as interesting as possible.  So I think poor little Jinger is acting her heart out.  The Dugs are really a family of diminishing returns.  The interest in each subsequent child lessens up until you get to Josie.  So while Jill didn't have to play it up as much to get to be the center of attention,  and Jessa is emotionally stunted and can't really play it up, but as she was widely regarded as the glamorous Dugger girl she got her share, Jinger  is going to h ave to work hard to maintain interest.  So they pulled out the big guns.  They got her a big, handsome ( not in my eyes but others think so), outsider with a worldly edge, and they are playing up the whole drunk in love idea.  They might get some mileage if they finally auction off Jana and JD just because they are twins and because Jana, in particular has become a sympathetic character.    

I don't have a good feeling about Jeremy.  I think he likes the fame, I think he will either fully align himself with JB and M OR he will be rebel and either way Jinger will lose. If he rebels or resists it will be because he sees an opportunity to stand out and garner attention for being "his own man".  I find him opportunistic.  Of course this doesn't mean that he doesn't really care for Jinger.  I think they do have some real physical chemistry between them.  But I think that his ambitions are a part of this as well. 

Based on his age, I wonder why he wasn't pushed towards Jana.    I would think any man they encounter age 24 on up would be viable for Jana. 

Oh and one random observation:  At Jessa's house, I felt like Jessa was really watching Jeremy quite closely.  She kind of had an odd smile on her face, at one point looking over at Jer and Jinger.  I can't help but wonder if little miss Jessa has some jealously that on the surface, Jinger seems to be getting herself a mature man, with life skills, Looks, and experience.  Seeing him next to Ben just really underscores how young and immature Ben is. 

On 18/08/2016 at 10:55 AM, Kyoo said:

No engagement ring here - Mr. Kyoo and I got married and told everyone else about it later. :)

The picture really doesn't do it justice - the inlay is blue/green opal and the colors shift a bit depending on how the light strikes it.  

ring.jpg

Re the bolded: I'm attempting to plan a wedding when all my Fiancée and I really want is something super small and cheap, but we're having something to make our mothers happy. I'd rather just get married and tell everyone later to save the headache lol. The honeymoon is the most important part to us lol.

Love your ring by the way! It's gorgeous!!

I originally wanted something like Jingers ring. I always saw that type as classy and elegant as well as small enough to not get in my way at work, but I'm really happy with mine surpringly. 

20160901_164833.jpg

12 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I don't think that Jeremy comes off as "gentle" to me. I mean he creeps me out, personally.

What bothers me about him is his "call" to preach. Not necessarily because of the religious aspect (although there are obvious beliefs of his that I find abhorrent) but because it takes a special type of person to believe (especially at a relatively young age) that they know better than everybody else to the point that they have to "spread the word".

Not only is he better than us, but he went out and found a super fundie wife who will also be better than us. I suppose it's the male equivalent of having to adjust the modest wedding dresses because they're not modest enough and they know best.

Special snowflakes that they are.

As with Derrick and Ben, time will only tell what he is really like. Once they're married and the preaching begins in earnest.

9 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Jeremy has already been put to good use carrying Josie around. That child is six. She has legs that work. 

You want that precious little Josie get tired? She is full of Sister that can carry her away, she dosen't need to walk 

she is the Golden Child. On next weeks episode Jana is going back to the lumber yard to build her a litter worthy of her station. She will then be dutifully carried round by the husbands of her sisters.

1 hour ago, CoveredInBees said:

she is the Golden Child. On next weeks episode Jana is going back to the lumber yard to build her a litter worthy of her station. She will then be dutifully carried round by the husbands of her sisters.

A glittering gold Sedan chair. With brother-in-laws in matching golden base ball caps worn backwards !!

I'm interested to see how involved Papa Vuolo will be. Obviously Derrick's dad has passed, Pa Seewald had his blog and let Bin move into the garage.... What do we anticipate seeing from PV? 

So 19 Kids and Counting is trending on FB. I clicked on it and there is a post from some random girl (leghumper?) claiming she met Jessa at a hotel in Laredo and that she was there with Joy getting ready for Jinger's wedding.

16 minutes ago, CharityBear said:

So 19 Kids and Counting is trending on FB. I clicked on it and there is a post from some random girl (leghumper?) claiming she met Jessa at a hotel in Laredo and that she was there with Joy getting ready for Jinger's wedding.

and so it begins - well this whole thing is really skeevy this time around imo 

I think it has to do with the public's reaction of jinge and jeremy - and josh 

these people are disgusting 

On 8/29/2016 at 8:45 PM, justodd said:

I can only wish one of the Duggar girls could be that cool. Tammy Faye was really big on respecting people with different lifestyles (she became friends with Ron Jeremy!) and loving people in the LGBT community. I think PTL actually did some stuff on those suffering with AIDS when it was still quite taboo to talk about, because she wanted to encourage other Christians to respond with compassion instead of judgement and fear. Tammy Faye gets a bad rap (thanks to her jerk ex-husband), but she was a lot more an just some bad mascara. 

(Also, your username wouldn't be a Sparks reference, would it?)

I said Tammy Faye because of her overdone appearance, so it would actually be a huge deal if Jinger took after Tammy and legitimately offered love, acceptance, and support to a group of people marginalized by her own religion. Of course as a Duggar daughter, that will likely never happen unless Jeremy leads the charge (and on the assumption he is super conservative on those topics, as I have not fact checked). How about Jan Crouch? Big hair, big spender.

I think you are the first person to get the Sparks reference for my username, so congrats! I only ever get "that's cute/clever" type comments whenever I've used it in the past. 

5 hours ago, nst said:

and so it begins - well this whole thing is really skeevy this time around imo 

I think it has to do with the public's reaction of jinge and jeremy - and josh 

these people are disgusting 

What's skeevy about Jinger's sisters getting ready for her wedding? Is it because they didn't announce the date in advance? I don't think there's necessarily anything suspicious about that; Jinger stated she wanted a "small" wedding, IIRC, so perhaps Jeremy put his foot down and insisted on keeping the date secret until after the fact to keep it private.

I'll be really impressed if they have a small wedding with no public gift registry. REALLY impressed.

It doesn't bother me if they don't announce the date, less chance of randoms hanging round, less chance of press (Of course they'll probably sell the pictures - but that's celebs for you).

In the end, it's how they conduct themselves after the wedding that really matters.

22 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Jeremy has already been put to good use carrying Josie around. That child is six. She has legs that work. 

22 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

You want that precious little Josie get tired? She is full of Sister that can carry her away, she dosen't need to walk 

22 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

20 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

A glittering gold Sedan chair. With brother-in-laws in matching golden base ball caps worn backwards !!

As was mentioned, she's six.  Six.  I hope this wasn't intended to sound as nasty as it reads to me, but looks like you're making fun of a six year old. 

So she was carried - maybe she was tired.  So what?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived