IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

We all wanted to free Jinger, but maybe this is as free as she wants/can be. Not my idea of free, no college, no job, no pursuit of her photography interests, but a man, a headship, a new life in a city might be all she needs to be happy.

It's pretty deep when you think about different interpretations of "free" for Jinger. What if our ideas of "free" are the exact opposite of what she truly wants (as opposed to being conditioned to want)? What if we're her hypothetical captors?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

We all wanted to free Jinger, but maybe this is as free as she wants/can be. Not my idea of free, no college, no job, no pursuit of her photography interests, but a man, a headship, a new life in a city might be all she needs to be happy.

here is a serious question - all you people who actually liked Jinge at one point in your life 

are you shocked at what an airhead and smary teenager she has become ? 

or did you all like the repent is me soul one better ?

23 minutes ago, nst said:

here is a serious question - all you people who actually liked Jinge at one point in your life 

I liked Jinger back when she was taking her drivers test. I think it was 16 kids and counting. 

24 minutes ago, nst said:

There are some Duggars who do not rub me the wrong way as much as others, but I never, ever, ever have thought that ANY of the Duggars was particularly bright or inquisitive. Some have said that Jessa is intelligent, but I have never seen anything to indicate such.  Jinger presented as a goofy adolescent and nothing more. Jill, poor Jill is just so limited. JD and Jana have some useful skills and the rest are just dull and lazy.

I never liked any of the Duggars. I hate everything they represent.

Do we think Jinger will be allowed to process her transition, role change, and probable move or will she be expected to keep sweet and put on a happy face? Marriage is a transition, and not always an easy one, even for couples who have know each other longer than Jinger and Jeremy. I wonder how honest Jessa and Jill have been with themselves, each other, and their newly engaged sister about the realities of the first year of marriage. 

I have never liked any of the Duggers!! I don't (obviously) know them personally so everything I do know about them is from TV.  What I see....I dislike!   

I take that back, I do like one thing!!

I like snarking on them!  

1 hour ago, nst said:

I still like Jinger. I'm sure it helps that I don't watch the show.

I think the only way any of the Duggar kidults will ever be compelled to rethink their lives is when the TLC gravy train derails for good, and JB is no longer able to subsidize all of their families. As Josh shows, the fear of being without money or support is enough to force compliance. If Josh actually had some marketable skills and the ability to live independently, I think he would have left Anna to go work as a bartender and attend wet T-shirt contests every night or something like that. Since Josh is incapable of living alone due to the learned helplessness Gothardism encourages, he has no choice but to live under daddy's roof and daddy's rules. Similarly, there's no reason for any of the other Duggars to question their lifestyle because they seem to get paid for showing their "shining countenances" on TV, which is nice work if you can get it.

Take JD for example, whom many FJers assumed was living in the house he owned before he said on GMA that he still lived at home. The question we have to ask is why would JD even want to live by himself? Like Josh, JD has been raised to think of housework as "women's work" and wouldn't know how to take care of himself if he lived alone. When the J'slaves checked on him and Joe when the family was in Little Rock, the fridge was full of mold and the Christmas decorations were still up, because it probably never occurred to either young man to stoop to doing "women's work." Right now, all JD has to do is some handy work, while the J'slaves and grandma do his laundry, cook, and clean for him, which leaves him free to play around with his cars and planes. Those who assumed that JD was living alone used a non-Gothardite twenty-something man as a measuring stick, who probably would be annoyed at sharing a dorm room with nine brothers aged twelve to twenty and not being able to engage in basic life skills, but JD is a Gothardite and probably thinks he is living in the best of all possible worlds, with his sisters cleaning up for him and he tooling around on an airplane.

This brings me to Jinger. I'm not surprised that Jinger is coming across as so immature, because her parents have purposely limited her social and intellectual experiences. We've seen that the Duggars "train" any spunk and curiosity out of their kids, so it is not surprising that her emotional range is so limited. Given how marriage is the only time a Gothardite woman can have the spotlight, I am also not surprised that she is coming off as shallow and self-absorbed. After decades of JOY, Jinger can finally have a whole TV arc about herself. Given how JB keeps all the kidults on a short leash, I doubt that marriage will make Jinger totally free of her family. I suspect that Jeremy will announce that "god laid it on his heart" to plant a new church in Tonitown, and abandon the one in Texas. The only thing that will convince any of the Duggars that their current way of life is wrong is to have unfiltered access to the real world and non-Gothardites and I think after Josh gate 2.0, many of the kidults may be convinced that too much exposure to the outside world is unsafe.

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

There are some Duggars who do not rub me the wrong way as much as others, but I never, ever, ever have thought that ANY of the Duggars was particularly bright or inquisitive. Some have said that Jessa is intelligent, but I have never seen anything to indicate such.  Jinger presented as a goofy adolescent and nothing more. Jill, poor Jill is just so limited. JD and Jana have some useful skills and the rest are just dull and lazy.

see Jinge presented herself as a meek sad puppet of Jessa's who cried endlessly - imo - always following jessa's lead 

now it seems she has become Michelle 

Jill is just jill - limited and sad 

Jessa has become the matriarch and that dinner it was painfully obvious she rules the family even when she doesn't live there. 

I meant to tell about our wedding..we had lived together about a year. Blackberryboy was a police officer in a Chicago suburb, and we had actually told his bosses we were already married. Sooo when the big day came we headed to the county office building. His buddy showed up with a little bouquet for  me, and my girlfriend was late. We watched as a rent a preacher marred of waiting couples at a rate of one couple every 5 minutes, and decided, "nope, not him." 

Right then BBB and his buddy took off upstairs to see the state's attorney about some pending case. I was left standing alone, holding my sad litle bouquet, as various people walked past giving me pittying looks. I think one old lady actually said, "awwwwwww." 

Anyhow, the guys came back and we got hustled into the chambers of a judge they frequently testified before. Unfortunately he had a severe, and I mean SEVERE speech impediment and what we heard sounded like an angry, speed talking Elmer Fudd. 

We stayed married for 28 years, but separated,divorced, then remarried each other within 2 years. 2nd wedding was at village hall and our son and granchild were the witnesses. We refer to those 2 years as "the late unpleasantness." Like Southerners referred to the Civil War.

I don't watch the show and apparently  had the wrong impression of Jinger. I thought she had a little more personality. I feel like Jeremy is stronger and less likely to roll over to the lure of the television cameras like Derick. (Who seemed to have had direction and spirit but sold his soul.) Ben is a toddler version of white bread who thinks it's  much more. Since I was wrong about Jinger...

I hope they've already kissed and fondled a little.  I hope they continue to like each other after the hormones  wear down.  I think of how I thought some of my boyfriends were perfect those first few months and how wrong I discovered I was.  Those kids never had that opportunity. 

Jim Boob never seems to let the boys become the leaders of their own families.  He appears to keep them as part of his growing group of subjects.  I hope Jeremy takes Jinger away and teaches her to play cards and swim wearing a real bathing suit and hiking in shorts and hiking boots. Maybe even learn to do something fun.  

1 hour ago, Berta McGee said:

I don't watch the show and apparently  had the wrong impression of Jinger. I thought she had a little more personality. I feel like Jeremy is stronger and less likely to roll over to the lure of the television cameras like Derick. (Who seemed to have had direction and spirit but sold his soul.) Ben is a toddler version of white bread who thinks it's  much more. Since I was wrong about Jinger...

I hope they've already kissed and fondled a little.  I hope they continue to like each other after the hormones  wear down.  I think of how I thought some of my boyfriends were perfect those first few months and how wrong I discovered I was.  Those kids never had that opportunity. 

Jim Boob never seems to let the boys become the leaders of their own families.  He appears to keep them as part of his growing group of subjects.  I hope Jeremy takes Jinger away and teaches her to play cards and swim wearing a real bathing suit and hiking in shorts and hiking boots. Maybe even learn to do something fun.  

Speaking of swimsuits......you know how the first time you put on a swimsuit in the summer, you feel awkward and exposed.  It takes me a few times wearing my swimsuit to get used to it. Its not long until it starts to feel normal.  Maybe a few days or so.   Now imagine having never so much as shown a knee in public?  And then putting on a two piece?      Wow!!!!!

I really hope Jeremy takes Jinger back to Texas so they can have some distance from her family and a chance to make their own lives, but I also would not be surprised if Jim Boob finds a way to convince Jeremy to plant a church in NW AR.

Wait. There is one Duggar I like, Bubba the dog. You reckon he's still there? If not, maybe he ran off with a bitch across the street and started his own quiver.

TBH, until The JinJer™  was on the front porch, I never remember seeing pets around.  OK, there was a cat assaulted by a sled a few years back.

No doggies snuggling on beds, no barking (or blankets) that I can recall.

Does someone have a roster of pets still among the D fam?

Hopefully Jenny still has that Guinea pig, it seemed to make her happy.  They took the dog for a bath recently, didn't they? (I didn't see, but it was mentioned in the recap.)  But compared to our dog, who is a complete and integral part of the family, the Duggar dog is barely there.  

7 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Wait. There is one Duggar I like, Bubba the dog. You reckon he's still there? If not, maybe he ran off with a bitch across the street and started his own quiver.

Or joined up with the horses from the Bates' house to plot revenge....

17 hours ago, Emme said:

I wonder how honest Jessa and Jill have been with themselves, each other, and their newly engaged sister about the realities of the first year of marriage. 

This is the extent of both Jill's and Jessa's knowledge of the "realities" of the first year of marriage:

"You have a big gift registry because people will want to buy you things. You have a big wedding and a cheap ass reception because everyone wants to be seen with you. You get pregnant within seconds, and you spend your entire time contemplating every single thing to do with what you experience during the pregnancy. Don't bother reading up on what to expect, Jesus will handle all the rough stuff. Call the ambulance when it's all over and you need someone in the house to clean up the mess. That guy in the house? Call him "babe" a lot. Ignore him the rest of the time, when you're not wrapping yourself over him."

21 hours ago, Emme said:

Do we think Jinger will be allowed to process her transition, role change, and probable move or will she be expected to keep sweet and put on a happy face? Marriage is a transition, and not always an easy one, even for couples who have know each other longer than Jinger and Jeremy. I wonder how honest Jessa and Jill have been with themselves, each other, and their newly engaged sister about the realities of the first year of marriage. 

I think being brainwashed to "keep sweet" or be damned to hell likely prevents any of them from being too honest with themselves about any unhappiness and difficulties, much less be honest with each other, or, most likely, even their spouses. That may be the most isolating thing of all about being raised in this fucked lifestyle - these kids/adults really cannot trust anyone with how they really ever feel for fear of being "outted" for the good of their own soul. 

7 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

(Note: gentle guy who is more worldy than Duggars endorses "curing" gay people through Jesus, so IMO Jinger's taste in dudes suuuuuuucks)

[source: Jeremy's church]

From that website....

Michael was challenged with the true Truth while on a college campus and he soon came to realize that his philosophy, atheism, logical and humanistic arguments could not stand against the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That can fuck all the way off.

3 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

Michael was challenged with the true Truth while on a college campus and he soon came to realize that his philosophy, atheism, logical and humanistic arguments could not stand against the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That can fuck all the way off.

Spoiler

VeO3V.gif

That is just super creepy sounding to me. Also if philosophical, logical, and humanistic arguments can't hold up to the power of the Gospel... I'm not sure I want to know the Gospel?

"Just believe, don't think"

19 hours ago, Karma said:

Hopefully Jenny still has that Guinea pig, it seemed to make her happy.  They took the dog for a bath recently, didn't they? (I didn't see, but it was mentioned in the recap.)  But compared to our dog, who is a complete and integral part of the family, the Duggar dog is barely there.  

They posted a pic on FB that seems to be the same guinea pig from last year: 

I'm honestly impressed. The Duggars are generally shitty pet owners. Hoohoo, comments on this picture suggest they're not caring for this pet appropriately, either. :Bazinga:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived