IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

Mr. Taco and I were high school sweethearts. We got promise rings about a year after we started dating. He offically proposed the same day we went to tour our venue. We went to the movies afterward (always our thing) and got down on one knee in the doorway leading into the theater. I don't remember what he said, I was shocked for some reason. 
I picked out my ring, but constantly say "He did a good job!" to anyone that completments it. I didn't want a band to cover up the scroll work.

14212831_10210141024872440_3447728860429432107_n.jpg

14225378_10210141024592433_5641045195947309142_n.jpg

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

As was mentioned, she's six.  Six.  I hope this wasn't intended to sound as nasty as it reads to me, but looks like you're making fun of a six year old. 

So she was carried - maybe she was tired.  So what?

No we are not making fun of a six year old. 

We are wondering why her family aren't looking after her. Encouraging her in life. We all would look after a younger sibling who had a bad start in life and tend to spoil them a bit. (I hope).

Even children who have health problems need to be encouraged to do age related things.

Helicopter parenting by parents , siblings and in-laws does not help a child in the long run. 

I am speaking from 20 years of experience of my own child and his genetic problems.

The piss take was towards the Duggar husbands who lose all autonomy once sucked in to the family, or at least appear to.

Yeah. The snark was towards the family who insists on infantilizing Josie. They are so used to carrying "the baby", whoever "the baby" was at the moment, that they will probably automatically pick Josie up. However, now that there are Four M kids, Spurge and Izzy, perhaps they'll just pick up one of them instead. Plenty of babies to go around again. Josie could be protesting the change, however, and insisting that she be picked up.... kids will do that, too.. but someone should be setting her on her feet and having her walk "like the big ones.".ETA: I will be the first to admit that when we went to Disney World, I took a stroller for the 6 and 3 year olds. The 6 year old stood on the back, but I knew there was a lot of walking . That one time, he didn't walk everywhere we went. I see Josie in arms a LOT.

Something strikes me the wrong way in some of the Josie comments. I understand snarking on her parents mismanagement of a micro preemie (ugh, JBoob and Mechelle are contemptable), but several of the remarks are directly about the child, and not in a nice way. 

47 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

As was mentioned, she's six.  Six.  I hope this wasn't intended to sound as nasty as it reads to me, but looks like you're making fun of a six year old. 

So she was carried - maybe she was tired.  So what?

I think it just seems like they favor and spoil her because we haven't seen them treating Jenni or Jordyn the same way when they were 5/6. Obviously, we don't know why they treat Josie like this and there could be a legitimate reason. 

15 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Something strikes me the wrong way in some of the Josie comments. I understand snarking on her parents mismanagement of a micro preemie (ugh, JBoob and Mechelle are contemptable), but several of the remarks are directly about the child, and not in a nice way. 

That was my point.  If the snark was about the parents that's legit, but it's certainly not how it comes off to me.  There are ways of expressing that (as has been posted since) without appearing to pick on a little girl.

Its been mentioned over and over that Jenny doesn't smile often, seems sad.  I've ever seen anyone mock her as a way to snark on her parents.  I don't see the difference.

6 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I think it just seems like they favor and spoil her because we haven't seen them treating Jenni or Jordyn the same way when they were 5/6. Obviously, we don't know why they treat Josie like this and there could be a legitimate reason. 

Even if there isn't a legitimate reason, it's not her fault. Kids that age are responding to the family dynamic, not creating it.  No 6 year old is going to stop and wonder why her sisters weren't treated the same at her age and demand they hold her to the same standards of behavior.

JB and Michelle suck at parenting.  You'll never get an objection from me on that front.  

I'm snarking on the disparity between the treatment of her at age 6 and the treatment of the older children at 6. Which is vast.

I agree, Jordyn and Jenny received much less attention, at least publicly than Josie did.  Some was probably legit in that Josie really did have huge special needs for years.  But remember poor Jordyn at that house in Little Rock?  She was so ignored.  I get that Michelle was with Josie in the NICU but Jordyn had 2 parents, an active Grandmother and her family was well off enough they could have hired a certified nanny to look after Jordyn and Jenny while the older girls looked after the howlers.  Jordyn seems very sweet, so perhaps she got more attention that we saw, but I am surprised she doesn't have an attachment disorder.  No way could she have been very bonded to her mom, given that Michelle had a rough pregnancy nearly the whole time of Jordyn's life.  And I think the girls were overwhelmed with trying to keep things running while they were in Little Rock.    That was a rough time for all of them. 

The DuggerFamilyOfficial Facebook page has a new message from Jinger wishing Jeremy a happy b'day. She says she can't wait to see what God has in store for them in a couple of days. What's in a couple of days?  Is that their wedding date? 

11 hours ago, barbecutie said:

I said Tammy Faye because of her overdone appearance, so it would actually be a huge deal if Jinger took after Tammy and legitimately offered love, acceptance, and support to a group of people marginalized by her own religion. Of course as a Duggar daughter, that will likely never happen unless Jeremy leads the charge (and on the assumption he is super conservative on those topics, as I have not fact checked). How about Jan Crouch? Big hair, big spender.

I think you are the first person to get the Sparks reference for my username, so congrats! I only ever get "that's cute/clever" type comments whenever I've used it in the past. 

Sparks are one of my favorite bands! I made my first trip to New York largely because I wanted to see them in concert. :D

Jan Crouch is a MUCH better comparison. Tammy may have had the awful makeup, but she was a lovely woman at heart. 

5 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Not from me they weren't

1 hour ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

The DuggerFamilyOfficial Facebook page has a new message from Jinger wishing Jeremy a happy b'day. She says she can't wait to see what God has in store for them in a couple of days. What's in a couple of days?  Is that their wedding date? 

Good grief. She literally has nothing to say about him except he loves Jesus. Don't they all.

2 hours ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Maybe I heard it wrong but didn't she say "in the coming days". Anyway, it may very well mean that their wedding date is coming closer. September 10th?

Just now, prayawaythefundie said:

Maybe I heard it wrong but didn't she say "in the coming days". Anyway, it may very well mean that their wedding date is coming closer. September 10th?

It could well be that's what she said.  I listened twice to be sure, but "in the coming days" makes a lot more sense, so maybe we should go with that!  :my_smile:

I'm a bit disappointed Jinger is getting married, I had high hopes of some new age rocker complete with tats and piercings riding into town on a Harley and sweeping her off her feet and becoming the new Sonny and Cher

*sighs*

6 hours ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

it is the most depressing act i have seen - this is jinge in a nutshell - she has no personality -she does her repentance act a bit too 

I bet their wedding is this weekend when I will be out of the country - someone pm me if this actually happens !!!
i am so serious 

If Jinger is getting married this week or something in the future, it will the biggest controlling information for Duggar's in history. Because someone will be posting something. A cousin of Vuolo delete a pic but the hashtag exist.

3 minutes ago, sunshine said:

If Jinger is getting married this week or something in the future, it will the biggest controlling information for Duggar's in history. Because someone will be posting something. A cousin of Vuolo delete a pic but the hashtag exist.

something to the extent of Ben's sister posting about being an aunt

maybe everybody will have to sign something re TLC 

it is not the royal wedding :D

6 year olds being carried...

My youngest at 6 was the size of a 4 year old. There's some screwy genetic stuff in his sperm donor's family that is called (for lack of a better term) "slow growth syndrome. His physical stature and bone age was consistently 2 years behind his chronological age. Even now at 26, he's only 5'7" and still looks like he's in his mid-teens. 

Anyway...at 6, he got carried quite a bit at times. He didn't have the stamina or ability to keep up for long. And, if I remember right, he only weighed 40 lbs at the time. 

On 9/4/2016 at 11:42 PM, CharityBear said:

So 19 Kids and Counting is trending on FB. I clicked on it and there is a post from some random girl (leghumper?) claiming she met Jessa at a hotel in Laredo and that she was there with Joy getting ready for Jinger's wedding.

I highly doubt that the wedding will be held in Laredo.

On 8/30/2016 at 6:29 PM, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

September is a beautiful month for a wedding. Mr. Museum and I will have our one-year anniversary Sept. 26. As Billy Idol once sang, it was a nice day for a white wedding.

Congrats!! And it sure is!  Hubs and I will celebrate 20 years on the 21st. 

7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

6 year olds being carried...

My youngest at 6 was the size of a 4 year old. There's some screwy genetic stuff in his sperm donor's family that is called (for lack of a better term) "slow growth syndrome. His physical stature and bone age was consistently 2 years behind his chronological age. Even now at 26, he's only 5'7" and still looks like he's in his mid-teens. 

Anyway...at 6, he got carried quite a bit at times. He didn't have the stamina or ability to keep up for long. And, if I remember right, he only weighed 40 lbs at the time. 

Wow, I remember my son was 40 pounds at 2 he was 3 feet tall as well, he was the size of a 4 year old, he was and still is a big boy 6'2" 250 lbs, it became pretty much impossible for me to carry him much past the age of 3.  Now my daughter was much smaller and we carried her until she was 5, but only because she "wasn't a baby stop picking me up" 

It'd be cool if Jinger called her children after herbs and spices I think.

"Garlic,Sage, Parsley, Rosemary, Tarragon, Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Cumin, Coriander, Garam Masala, Cayenne, Tumeric,  Bay Leaf get ready for dinner!" 

Yeah that will never happen.

2 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

It'd be cool if Jinger called her children after herbs and spices I think.

"Garlic,Sage, Parsley, Rosemary, Tarragon, Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Cumin, Coriander, Garam Masala, Cayenne, Tumeric,  Bay Leaf get ready for dinner!" 

Yeah that will never happen.

If Jinger has any idea whatsoever what Garam Masala or (my preference) Baharat is, I will be very, very surprised and impressed.

15 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Fair point. So it'd probably be more like,

"Salt, Pepper,Salt2, Pepper2, Salt3,Pepper3...."

Or more along the lines of Espresso, Latte, Mocha, Cappuccino, Decaf, Chai,

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived