IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/199720/new_details_about_jinger_duggars

When it comes to Duggar weddings, this family definitely doesn't waste any time. Although they just announced their engagement last month, details about Jinger Duggar's wedding are already surfacing, and it sounds like it's going to be a pretty unforgettable event.

According to The Hollywood Gossip, there's a chance Jeremy and Jinger could end up getting married in New York City, since it's close to where Jeremy's family is in New Jersey. And apparently, they're also stressing out about uninvited guests showing up, so we may never get any real details straight from the couple themselves. 

The site adds that a lot of the wedding prep will be featured on Counting On this season, so at least there's that to look forward to? But seriously, we're dying to find out what this wedding is going to be like, especially if it's going to be somewhere like NYC! 

We never entertained the idea Jinger could go with a less traditional wedding, since both of her sisters have tied the knot in low-key church weddings with modest receptions afterward. Maybe she really will break the mold! 

Either way, we're looking forward to seeing everything that leads up to her big day. Next, we just need a date. Fingers crossed it's happening sometime this year. Or not -- there's no law against Jinger and Jeremy taking their time in getting to know each other better! 

I dont know about the reality of this NY thing.  It would be impossible to have a "parking lot" wedding in Manhattan, and while they could pull off something more low key/mega in the suburbs, the chance of trucking in all those fundies is unlikely.  Hotel costs would be out of reach for most families, and there really arent many places to park your megabusses of children anywhere in the area.  

On the other hand, filming would be easy, they'd have quick access to the morning shows, and a greater chance of more mainstream media coverage.  So, the question is whether Boob thinks its more important to invite the kingdom or gain publicity.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm finishing up this new episode but do they have chaperones when they are texting during their courtship? Cause all those selfies she's sending...

I'm going for the gaining publicity idea. J-B is dense in many area of life but not about making money out of his children. If having a small wedding in NewYork brings in the $sss then that is  what will happen.

Jinger may have sensibly decided that a Sierra run car-park wedding just isn't fun! I can't really see Jeremy wanting that at all. I can well imagine his family watching the two earlier weddings and thinking No,No,NO.

The Howlers led by J-D can't wreck any car interiors this way either.

21 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I'm finishing up this new episode but do they have chaperones when they are texting during their courtship? Cause all those selfies she's sending...

I was wondering about that when Jinger went out of the tent "to let them sleep" as she was talking to Jeremy.  Isnt there supposed to be someone else on the call to keep them from having phone sex or discussing something Gothard doesnt approve of?

19 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I'm going for the gaining publicity idea. J-B is dense in many area of life but not about making money out of his children. If having a small wedding in NewYork brings in the $sss then that is  what will happen.

Jinger may have sensibly decided that a Sierra run car-park wedding just isn't fun! I can't really see Jeremy wanting that at all. I can well imagine his family watching the two earlier weddings and thinking No,No,NO.

The Howlers led by J-D can't wreck any car interiors this way either.

I'm wondering if it wont be a full special.  The whole Josh thing... how do you get married and not include your brother? The only way to do that is to not have a HUGE wedding and include only one or two siblings (Jessa and Joy?)  It would be very hard to edit out the Smuggar fam... so better to just not have them at all. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/199720/new_details_about_jinger_duggars

I dont know about the reality of this NY thing.  It would be impossible to have a "parking lot" wedding in Manhattan, and while they could pull off something more low key/mega in the suburbs, the chance of trucking in all those fundies is unlikely.  Hotel costs would be out of reach for most families, and there really arent many places to park your megabusses of children anywhere in the area.  

On the other hand, filming would be easy, they'd have quick access to the morning shows, and a greater chance of more mainstream media coverage.  So, the question is whether Boob thinks its more important to invite the kingdom or gain publicity.

aren't there studios in Manhattan - or Queen's I could be wrong - wherever Live with kelly is filmed. 

Maybe they will use a sound stage from a tv show - then hop skip jump to morning shows

I am thinking that Jeremy and jinge are not doing anything by the book based on last nights ep and next week's ep 

I can't imagine not inviting my brother to my wedding, though I didn't have one like Josh of course. Wonder how that will work with the forgiveness and Jesus thing. If he's not invited it will show they haven't forgiven him and what would Jesus and the adoring fans think of that?

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I can't imagine not inviting my brother to my wedding, though I didn't have one like Josh of course. Wonder how that will work with the forgiveness and Jesus thing. If he's not invited it will show they haven't forgiven him and what would Jesus and the adoring fans think of that?

I have no doubt he'll be invited. The only real questions are whether he will appear on the show or in the photos released from the wedding. Specifically, if he'll pop up in the eventual giant Duggar family picture or a picture with all the married couples.

Someone discussed at one point that the couple also CC's someone in all of their text messages. Like instead of a two way text, it's a group text with someone else like the mom or dad. I can't remember if that was for the Bateses or not, but I could see them doing the same, especially if everyone had the same type of phone. It makes things easier.

The text chaperoning is all for the cause. What if Jeremy sent a kissing emoji? That would be almost as bad as a full-frontal hug. :pb_rollseyes:

1 hour ago, sophie10130 said:

Someone discussed at one point that the couple also CC's someone in all of their text messages. Like instead of a two way text, it's a group text with someone else like the mom or dad. I can't remember if that was for the Bateses or not, but I could see them doing the same, especially if everyone had the same type of phone. It makes things easier.

The Bates allow their kids to have private conversations once they are engaged. 

14 hours ago, missegeno said:

I know a man named Basil too. I don't suppose you know if yours ended up going to Oberlin College?

I had to go Facebook research him to find out if he went to Oberlin. I think he went to college here in Indiana. But he lives in some smallish town in Ohio now. I thought for a second we were going to have a case of 6 degrees of separation here. Lol

38 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

All the stupid selfies the phone chaperones have to look at... gag me.

I can just hear Boob & DQ now...

JingerMuffin... Watch out with these selfies. You're showing too much collarbone. You will cause Jeremy to get all filled with desires and lose pieces of his heart. Now... Here's some hairspray & self tanner. Get your hair in that crunchy curl style Daddy likes so much & use the tanner to bring out your countenance. Now, scoot. Daddy and I need to have some time for sweet fellowship. 

I think Jessa revealed that she and Ben spoke privately every evening after they began their courtship so apparently they can speak privately but texts get monitored, at least at first. 

37 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I think Jessa revealed that she and Ben spoke privately every evening after they began their courtship so apparently they can speak privately but texts get monitored, at least at first. 

What the hell do fundie texts look like?  A constant discussion of what youre wearing and thinking about eating for lunch?  What bible scripture you read today?

- I read John 3:16 this morning

- oh yeah, I like that one

- yeah

- I kind of want a turkey burger

- with fries?

- no, maybe a salad

- that sounds good.  I had frozen peas

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I was wondering about that when Jinger went out of the tent "to let them sleep" as she was talking to Jeremy.  Isnt there supposed to be someone else on the call to keep them from having phone sex or discussing something Gothard doesnt approve of?

I'm wondering if it wont be a full special.  The whole Josh thing... how do you get married and not include your brother? The only way to do that is to not have a HUGE wedding and include only one or two siblings (Jessa and Joy?)  It would be very hard to edit out the Smuggar fam... so better to just not have them at all. 

They can avoid Josh on camera. I don't see Jing having her entire family in the wedding party like Jessa and Jill did I can see her having 3 or 4 sisters, Jessa, Jana and Joy maybe Jill, Jer's brother 2 or 3 of jer's friends or Joe since Jing is so close to him. This way it would be easy to avoid Josh on film between having him out of the way and editing him out, no problems. Now how to keep Boob and MEchelle out of it. 

Discovery Channel does own TLC and there is a Discovery office in NYC, so I would not be surprise if they took control of the wedding.  People could get a hotel in New Jersey and take the subway into the city. I wonder will the Bates be invited to the wedding or maybe Nathan and he will have an excuse to check out Ashley.

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I've always wondered how private private was though, since I believe someone said once that there should always be a sibling within earshot, but doing something else. Like, not really listening to the convo but enough to keep a person on their toes I guess. Unless that was the Bates.

9 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They can avoid Josh on camera. I don't see Jing having her entire family in the wedding party like Jessa and Jill did I can see her having 3 or 4 sisters, Jessa, Jana and Joy maybe Jill, Jer's brother 2 or 3 of jer's friends or Joe since Jing is so close to him. This way it would be easy to avoid Josh on film between having him out of the way and editing him out, no problems. Now how to keep Boob and MEchelle out of it. 

Neither Jessa nor Jill had their entire families in their wedding parties though.

Jill had Anna, Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Joy, and Hannie as Bridesmaids. I believe that Derick included John-David and Joseph as Groomsmen. They also had some of the M kids and the younger J girls included too.

If I remember right, Jessa and Ben included some of her siblings, but not Josh or Anna. I think the ones included were Joseph, Josiah, Jana, Jinger, Jill, Joy, and Jordyn. Don't quote me on that though. I can't remember if the M kids were involved - I want to say they weren't for some reason.

So it's not that big a deal if Jinger included a lot of her family, but skips including Josh or his family. It wouldn't be the first time and I think a lot of people would likely understand why he isn't included in that way.

It would be nice if they didn't invite him at all - wishful thinking, I know. 

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Do we really think any Duggar would have a wedding ceremony outside a church sanctuary?

depends the kind of bird sanctuary 

All references (that I saw) of Josh being referenced having committed a crime that as far as we know he has never committed plus all posts quoting or referencing that post have been hidden.  Please report any such posts that come up in the future.  This falls under unwarranted speculation. 

23 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I'm guessing they could show Josh and his family in background shots at a wedding, without outright naming them. I think it'd be more problematic for their brand to not invite Josh at this point. They made such a big, public deal about how their way of dealing with the situation was appropriate and adequate. Not inviting Josh would prove that their strategy didn't fix everything and make them all one big happy family again. 

That said, it's her and her fiance's wedding... hopefully they only have to invite people they want, and aren't forced to invite Josh if they don't want him there.

20 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Someone discussed at one point that the couple also CC's someone in all of their text messages. Like instead of a two way text, it's a group text with someone else like the mom or dad.

It must be very boring and tedious for whoever's being CC'd. Also, if people think their kid is mature enough to be considering marriage (and immediately starting a family) but not mature enough to text without supervision, something's horribly messed up! 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived