IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

On 9/5/2016 at 8:59 AM, Gillyweed said:

I think it just seems like they favor and spoil her because we haven't seen them treating Jenni or Jordyn the same way when they were 5/6. Obviously, we don't know why they treat Josie like this and there could be a legitimate reason. 

The siblings seem to treat her differently, and her seizures and possible other health problems are most likely the reason. The 2 times we saw Josie have a seizure on camera mom and dad were no where to be found. Jana had to deal with them and she was the one to stay at the hospital. Those 2 ignore her just like they do the rest of the kids. 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't find it wrong that they carry Josie at times. She is only six. Small children can benefit from the warm feelings when being carried or hugged.  But what gets me is the family didn't carry or publicly pay as much attention to Jennie or Jordyn when those little girls were only 1,2,or 3 years old that they pay to Josie at 6.  What does that say to them as they are growing up? 

3 hours ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

It'd be cool if Jinger called her children after herbs and spices I think.

"Garlic,Sage, Parsley, Rosemary, Tarragon, Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Cumin, Coriander, Garam Masala, Cayenne, Tumeric,  Bay Leaf get ready for dinner!" 

Yeah that will never happen.

Yes, but as her name is Jinger, the names would be spelled, Gar-lick, Sayj,Parslee, Rosemareey, Tairagone, Oreagano,Bayzihl, Time ( bonus points for a middle name of Whime), Koo-min, Coreyander,Graham Marshmallow, Kye-Anne, Tumorick, and Baighleefe.  Or as 3kids suggested, Salt, Pepper, Sahlte, Pepar, Sult, Peper . . .

On Monday, September 05, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Tiny Bubbles said:

The DuggerFamilyOfficial Facebook page has a new message from Jinger wishing Jeremy a happy b'day. She says she can't wait to see what God has in store for them in a couple of days. What's in a couple of days?  Is that their wedding date? 

Fundie hand sex?

3 hours ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

It'd be cool if Jinger called her children after herbs and spices I think.

"Garlic,Sage, Parsley, Rosemary, Tarragon, Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Cumin, Coriander, Garam Masala, Cayenne, Tumeric,  Bay Leaf get ready for dinner!" 

Yeah that will never happen.

Parsley and Rosemary sound good. The others ick

14 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I highly doubt that the wedding will be held in Laredo.

I don't think so either. Fundies seem to favor the wedding being held near the bride's hometown (I assume at least in part because the bride's family pays).

9 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Or more along the lines of Espresso, Latte, Mocha, Cappuccino, Decaf, Chai,

Or CreamOfChicken, CreamOfMushroom, Tater Tot, Casserole (Cassie, for short), Chickenetta,

6 hours ago, Pandora Spocks said:

Yes, but as her name is Jinger, the names would be spelled, Gar-lick, Sayj,Parslee, Rosemareey, Tairagone, Oreagano,Bayzihl, Time ( bonus points for a middle name of Whime), Koo-min, Coreyander,Graham Marshmallow, Kye-Anne, Tumorick, and Baighleefe.  Or as 3kids suggested, Salt, Pepper, Sahlte, Pepar, Sult, Peper . . .

Please don't put this thought into the universe!!:56247956409be_32(13):

Re: weddings being held near the bride's hometown, it doesn't surprise me that fundies do this as it is traditional for couples to marry in the bride's parish church. Some older relatives actually expected Mr Alba and me to fly all the way back to Canada for our wedding (we married in the local registry office) because that's where my hometown is.

I went to school with a boy named Basil. I know a lady who named her daughter Saffron.  The little girl's nickname was "Saffy." 

Sounds like you know far too many sit com characters ...

(Basil Fawlty of Fawlty Towers and Saffron "Saffy" Monsoon from Ab Fab)

43 minutes ago, alba said:

Sounds like you know far too many sit com characters ...

(Basil Fawlty of Fawlty Towers and Saffron "Saffy" Monsoon from Ab Fab)

There was also a British gardening/murder mystery show called "Rosemary and Thyme", the characters names were "Rosemary Boxer and Laura Thyme"....

There was also a British gardening/murder mystery show called "Rosemary and Thyme", the characters names were "Rosemary Boxer and Laura Thyme"....

Oh, yes, I'd forgotten about Rosemary and Thyme!

I think botanical names is a solid theme. You've got Myra, Lily, Rose, Violet, Lavender, Bryony, or Linden, Rowan, Asher... it was somewhat popular in the Victorian/Edwardian era to name your daughters as such. I doubt Jinger will go with it, though- not only was she pulled from the spice rack herself, but when you're named with any kind of theme, I'd imagine you'd get really, really sick of it.

I was prepared to have a flower theme if my second had been a girl. The first one has a flower name starting with I. Now my second was a boy and we ended up with a new I-name for him (not planned but the name we liked the most) so if I do have another daughter I might still have two flower girls or if I have another son it could be politicians as his is actually the same as a prime minister.

@MargaretElliott,  the Dowager Countess on Downton Abbey was Violet Crawley, one of her daughters was Lady Rosamund Painswick and her grandniece, Lady Rose McClare.  I don't think I'd noticed the theme before.

I had a roommate in college whose dad's name was Basil.  I thought that was rather unusual for a guy from West Virginia.

I just saw a clip where they are out building a debris hut. As if watching the men folk build a hut out of sticks isn't boring enough, they actually spent the entire clip talking about Jinger being on the phone to Jeremy.

are the Duggars secretly a Nielson family? Who is actually watching this shit to provide ratings? If anyone is interested in watching someone be on their phone and othe people bitching about it, go find the one person under 40 in a diner and sit by the 60+ year olds. Their commentary will be better anyway. 

I've been wondering about this. Except for Josiah they've all quickly married the first person they've courted. Marriage with never having been alone together, never having found out if they're physically compatible. (It doesn't have to include sex, just some hugs and kisses.) They have no basis to know if this is real or just an infatuation, except for daddy and Jesus.

I can see some bad situations coming down. What are the chances that JB will find the perfect mate for all 19?

Now I'm singing Scarborough Fair in my head. "Are you going to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Remember me to one who lived there, she once was a true love of mine." It also got me thinking of a book where the main character's friend's family were all named after herbs/flowers: Jasmine, Sorrel, Senna (yeah, I know, the whole constipation thing is mentioned in this book), Orris and Basil. Then again the mum was some crazed eco health nut.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived