IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also she stole this idea from the Andy Stanley dating sermon. My bible study in high school made us watch it. "Are you the person he person you're looking for is looking for?" 

Oh but that is a step in the right direction. The other day she was looking to date God, now a guy who was forgiven by God. 

1 hour ago, alba said:

THERE'S A VIDEO?! :D

The webseries is a thing of beauty, starting off from the fanfic, and making it somehow great.  It's genius!  They had a black Hermione waaaaay before JKR, and I adore their Vampire (he's how I picture Harry now)

ETA:  For anyone who doesn't know, My Immortal is the world's worst fanfic, and spawned a huge "it's so bad, can it be true?" debate.  Goth Harry Potter, written terribly - the wiki, and an article about it.  It has to be read to be believed!

We're still calling this thread "Miss Raquel's Second Novel" but have we heard anything of her novel since the one casual mention? I bet it's almost as glorious as the Harry Potter Fanfic. I want to know when her novels go public.

1 hour ago, xRoo said:

We're still calling this thread "Miss Raquel's Second Novel" but have we heard anything of her novel since the one casual mention? I bet it's almost as glorious as the Harry Potter Fanfic. I want to know when her novels go public.

Yeah it really needs to be changed at this point, since she never follows through on anything. What should be the next thread title, I wonder? Miss Raquel: Still Hunting for a Husband Who Hunts (remember that time she said she wouldn't date someone unless they could kill an animal?)

I vote for keeping the novel. In case she's ever reading here she'll get a reminder that we miss hearing about Xaquerie.

One more month to nanowrimo.  I might be wishing that someone ask her about that via ask.fm.

On 9/27/2016 at 3:30 PM, Terrie said:

1) The arrow does not strech. The string of the bow does.

2) It's "taut" Ms. Wielder of Words

3) What the heck is with the random heartbeat (?) scribble in the middle of the arrow?

I can't read the tattoo in that photo. Please tell me she did not get "pulled taught" tattooed on her body. :pb_eek:

1 hour ago, Shoobydoo said:

I can't read the tattoo in that photo. Please tell me she did not get "pulled taught" tattooed on her body. :pb_eek:

No. It's her description of the arrow and why it's meaningful. 

Her tattoos are very reflective of her. She wants them to be profound, but really, they look cheap and impulsive. 

3 hours ago, Shoobydoo said:

She explains what it says on Instagram: 

itsjustraquel Tu voluntad
Para Tu gloria
En Tu tiempo.
--->
Your will
For Your glory
In Your timing.

The text looks like nonsense in the photo  because it's mirrored. 

nimetön.png

From her ask.fm

what are you wanting to do with your degree?

A teen counselor, specializing in music therapy

So much no. There are not enough words for the amount of no involved.

First off, Raquel should not be working with vulnerable teens. Reall,y Raquel should not be working with vulnerbale anyone, given her poor boundaries. But combine that with her tendancy to treat older teens as peers and she will not only not help, but will probably cause harm.

Second, a Bachelor's in Psychology (is she even getting a BA or BS, or just an Associates right now?) is not sufficent for music therapy. It's a specilized field that requires education in Music, Psychology and specific education in music therapy, combining the two. Her chosen school does not offer this. 

Something tells me that she wouldn't last a day in music theory class. Would she need music theory for that degree? 

4 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

Something tells me that she wouldn't last a day in music theory class. Would she need music theory for that degree? 

Yep. Here's the American Music Therapy Association's description of what education is needed:

http://www.musictherapy.org/careers/employment/

They note they don't require specific courses, but with a recommendeation of 45% of your course work being on musical foundations, how the heck would she avoid at least a basic theory course? It's a field for people who are serious about music, not dabblers. 

Pscht, she's only there to get her M.Rs anyway, it doesn't matter that her course doesn't prepare her for the field she says she wants to work in

6 hours ago, Terrie said:

Second, a Bachelor's in Psychology (is she even getting a BA or BS, or just an Associates right now?) is not sufficent for music therapy. It's a specilized field that requires education in Music, Psychology and specific education in music therapy, combining the two. Her chosen school does not offer this. 

Should be easy for her, Raquel is already a BS artist...:laughing-rollingyellow:

On 10/2/2016 at 11:23 AM, xRoo said:

Maybe she will do nanowrimo again?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed... the timing might even coincide with a new thread. 

On 9/29/2016 at 8:11 PM, AmazonGrace said:

The other day she was looking to date God, now a guy who was forgiven by God. 

Tomato, tomahto... her emphasis is still always dating in some form. :my_dodgy: There's more to the world!

She still hasnt actually mentioned college though. I think since she said she quit and started again we have seen 4 pomes, 1 new boyfriend, and 0 mentions of college. 

I am so wanting her to get one of those Chinese character tats that dumb non-Asian people think say "strength/peace/their name" but actually say "fried rice."

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived