IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

Aww, I haven't been on FJ much lately but I was hoping I'd come back to a bona-fide Raquel novel... I'm super behind on my word count, but here I am anyway... (ssssh. I made my goal for today. :kitty-wink:)

Also, just.... how in the HELL does she already have so many tattoos?! I know she isn't attending classes, but when does she find time to do all this? Or the money? Has she got some credit cards or something?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aww, I haven't been on FJ much lately but I was hoping I'd come back to a bona-fide Raquel novel... I'm super behind on my word count, but here I am anyway... (ssssh. I made my goal for today. :kitty-wink:)
Also, just.... how in the HELL does she already have so many tattoos?! I know she isn't attending classes, but when does she find time to do all this? Or the money? Has she got some credit cards or something?

Bank of Mom and Dad?

12 hours ago, Shoobydoo said:

I'm super behind on my word count, but here I am anyway...

Me too! I don't know what's more disappointing, that I know I have a lot to catch up on or that Raquel isn't writing more about Xaquerie... though if she was I don't think I'd ever get anything done!

According to her twitter, she has, in fact, started classes. In total honesty, I wish her the best of luck. 

She answered a boatload of ask.fm stuff last night.

Instagram has a photo of her hugging a display of cranberry sauce (in cans).  

I am waiting for her to get busted for plagiarism. (Maybe I am a bit of a hater)

On 11/14/2016 at 5:58 AM, clueliss said:

She answered a boatload of ask.fm stuff last night.

Instagram has a photo of her hugging a display of cranberry sauce (in cans).  

Canned cranberry sauce is so gag-worthy. Y'all do yourselves a favor this thanksgiving, the secret to bomb cranberry sauce is to add pears. 

I  hate her. I do. She's the worst parts of my generation rolled up into one. She causes suffering beyond her understanding to those orphan boys and probably to many others. I am also seriously amused by her sense of entitlement, and reading her stupid blogs and tweets and looking at her instagram posts of her fucking awful tattoos has become a hobby of mine. I have no shame about it.

How long ago did she get her first tattoo?  She seems to of gotten a lot of tattoos in a short ammount of time.The way she flits from one thing to the next..........

I also wonder how well those small simple black tattoos will age. Especially on the wrists. She needs to think these through a bit better. 

My personal feeling about tattoos.  One or two well placed small ones are cute, otherwise go big or go home.

21 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

How long ago did she get her first tattoo?  She seems to of gotten a lot of tattoos in a short ammount of time.The way she flits from one thing to the next..........

I also wonder how well those small simple black tattoos will age. Especially on the wrists. She needs to think these through a bit better. 

My personal feeling about tattoos.  One or two well placed small ones are cute, otherwise go big or go home.

I have a tattoo on my forearm with some fine lines and i worry a bit about that. But its gorgeous. So. We will figure it out. 

I have to admit that I LOVE canned cranberry sauce (not enough to hug the display of it in the grocery store, though). A turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce the day after Thanksgiving is almost better than Thanksgiving itself. 

Raquel wants to specialize in music therapy. I'm guessing she thinks she will be sitting around with teen boys who adore her strumming a guitar. The therapist office my youngest daughter goes to actually had two music therapists. One of them does specialize in teens/young adults and from what I can tell, it is not an easy job. 

I don't want Raquel to fail, but I sure hope this isn't a walk in the park. The last thing she needs is to get a degree handed to her without having to work hard for it. She needs to struggle and learn to push through when things get challenging. 

13 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I've had artists tell me they won't do some of the small ones I've wanted because they're scared they'll bleed out or over time fade into globs. Some artists will do it anyway because it's your body, your choice. But I've seen some small ones like she's had go wrong, but if you take care of them they can hold up fairly well. I would just hope that she had a good artist that explained long term care...

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Raquel wants to specialize in music therapy. I'm guessing she thinks she will be sitting around with teen boys who adore her strumming a guitar. The therapist office my youngest daughter goes to actually had two music therapists. One of them does specialize in teens/young adults and from what I can tell, it is not an easy job. 

I have a couple of friends that do this as well... sometimes it's the magic key, and sometime you end up walking a seemingly calm teenage boy who's much larger than you home who ends up getting triggered by something you don't even see coming and it gets scary fast. Some of these kids come from extremely difficult backgrounds and they need a whole lot of specialized care. Hopefully she realizes this and gets the proper training she needs. I worry that she'll think it's a bit easier than all that, but hopefully her school makes her do a crap ton of hands on training and learning with a very wide range of kids with different issues.

13 hours ago, xRoo said:

I have a tattoo on my forearm with some fine lines and i worry a bit about that. But its gorgeous. So. We will figure it out.

I feel the exact same way about my back piece! A lot of fine, free-handed filigree. But oh well. 

On 11/17/2016 at 6:16 AM, clueliss said:

She posted a selfie after she got a 97 on said paper. 

Because nothing says academic accomplishment like a picture of yourself staring at your phone.

17 hours ago, xRoo said:

Is it on your inner or outer forearm? (Just curious about placements) 20 years later and the tattoo on my ankle still looks good, and the color is still bright. My husband has a few wtf tattoos on his arms that just look like blobs. I imagine yours could be touched up. My husband will need to get some really creative artist to figure his out. 

We like to watch Ink Master a lot and the artists will often explain their choices to the judges and how the tattoo will look over time often come up.

I really don't think she thought hers through. It seems like she is trying to come up with 'clever and unique' ideas instead of being inspired by something. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

My oldest daughter has that same music note star on her Pintrest. 

5 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Is it on your inner or outer forearm? (Just curious about placements) 20 years later and the tattoo on my ankle still looks good, and the color is still bright. My husband has a few wtf tattoos on his arms that just look like blobs. I imagine yours could be touched up. My husband will need to get some really creative artist to figure his out. 

We like to watch Ink Master a lot and the artists will often explain their choices to the judges and how the tattoo will look over time often come up.

I really don't think she thought hers through. It seems like she is trying to come up with 'clever and unique' ideas instead of being inspired by something. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

My oldest daughter has that same music note star on her Pintrest. 

I'll message you mine!

On 11/16/2016 at 11:34 PM, xRoo said:

I am waiting for her to get busted for plagiarism. (Maybe I am a bit of a hater)

Canned cranberry sauce is so gag-worthy. Y'all do yourselves a favor this thanksgiving, the secret to bomb cranberry sauce is to add pears. 

Pears? How much and in what form? I :heart: homemade cranberry sauce and I am looking for another way to jazz mine up this year  

I sometimes will buy a can for old times sake, but always make it too. It's so easy to do. I have messed with it and tried to make it fancy, but I like simple the best. However, I made a cranberry salsa last year that I liked, particularly with the leftovers. There were no tomatoes, it was chopped cranberrys, sugar, lime juice, jalapeños......don't recall if there were onions or cilantro......

On 11/18/2016 at 4:32 AM, formergothardite said:

I don't want Raquel to fail, but I sure hope this isn't a walk in the park. The last thing she needs is to get a degree handed to her without having to work hard for it. She needs to struggle and learn to push through when things get challenging. 

I don't think she will end up in any kind of therapy related career. I can't see her going through grad school and all the requirements needed. Like you said, being a therapist isn't any easy job. I also don't want Raquel to fail either. She needs to find a career field that suits her.

2 hours ago, xRoo said:

Yum!

I tried a recipe for a "paleo" style cranberry sauce this week that was delicious. It was actually a little sweeter than I like, but others in my family said it was perfect.

http://www.bakerita.com/paleo-cranberry-sauce/

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

someone - a male - brought her flowers (yellow roses) at work.  

Her brother, maybe? Uncle? Dad?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

She reminds me of something... oh, I know what it is! It's that part in The Importance of Being Earnest where Cecily and Gwendolen are talking about their diaries.

I hope school goes well for her. And that she doesn't get fed up and quit as soon as she gets a grade that isn't pretty and shiny. Did she say she was taking online classes? Online classes never worked well for me. She should never be a therapist, though, no matter how much education she gets. Therapy is intrinsically about focusing on other people, something Raquel will never be able to do.

As an aside, I absolutely hate cranberry sauce. Heck, I just hate cranberries. They just taste like nothing but sour to me, and I have no tolerance for sourness or bitterness. And why is figuring out how to divide chapters so hard? #wielder of words

Sorry folks my sleep schedule is totally screwed and I ramble when I'm tired :8U: 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived