IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

On September 2, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Anonymousguest said:

Oregon state schools and community colleges are on a quarter system and don't start back until the end of September.  Maybe shes going to community college?  Probably not,  but she does actually have time to register if that's the case. 

My daughter signed up for classes the day it started. She dropped them an hour later though. I'm sure if space is available they would happily sign you up. They won't refuse paying customers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_2157.JPGRaquel's list of 10 000 things that a man should be or do before she can date him has evolved a bit. He still has to be considerate and romantic but he also has to be Jesus.

I find these fundie girls who have yet to marry offering courtship/what to look for in a man advice perplexing.  

On your first love:

Because before your first love, your heart existed without being hurt.  You were like a child, young and innocent, enjoying life for all it was worth.  You didn’t know the meaning of the word “pain”.  Everything was perfect in your eyes.  Until the day you were hurt.  And then, it was like a child seeing death for the first time.  

You’ll never view life the same way because you have seen the bad things that can happen, and how people can hurt others.  And after your first love, nothing will be the same because you know what love is, and you know that to love means to allow yourself to be hurt.

I just.... Does she realize there is an entire universe of experience outside of romance? That even outside of kids being victims or crim,e or poverty, or abuse, kids may be faced with divorcing parents, or lose a parent or sibiling to death, or face a life threatening illness in themselves or a family member. Hell, by the time they hit their first relationship, most young people have probably experienced the death of a beloved pet.

But none of that pain and struggle and growth mean anything to Raquel, because they are not dewy-eyed Pinterest fantasies. Instead, they are real, and Raquel is not yet ready to deal with the real world. I'm starting to wonder if she ever will be.

And as if every first love always ends in a heartbreak... some just fade away once it gets boring. . And sometimes you might be the one who hurt the other.

There it is, in my twitter feed.  She went to 2 weddings and ended up in her man's arms. 

Raquel has a man? 

and use of 'my man' in general makes me cringe. 

Quote from Joseph Gordan-Levitt on his character in the movie (500) Days of Summer. Maybe Raquel should tatoo THIS somewhere on her "body journal."

“He develops a mildly delusional obsession over a girl onto whom he projects all these fantasies. He thinks she’ll give his life meaning because he doesn’t care about much else going on in his life. A lot of boys and girls think their lives will have meaning if they find a partner who wants nothing else in life but them. That’s not healthy. That’s falling in love with the idea of a person, not the actual person.”

Raquel puts her guy on such a pedestal of high expectations it seems unlikely that any living, breathing, nice guy would think he qualifies.. She expects such a godly, awesome creature that anyone who thinks, hey that's me , i am Raquel's ideal guy, has got to be a smug narcissistic bastard. Jmo

10 hours ago, clueliss said:

There it is, in my twitter feed.  She went to 2 weddings and ended up in her man's arms. 

Raquel has a man? 

and use of 'my man' in general makes me cringe. 

Yes....barf.

Minus when Billie Holiday says it tho

Her latest blog entry is about how forgiving and loving and giving she is, and how people take advantage of that and she is learning to protect herself, but that doesn't mean she will stop loving them, only she will do it from a distance.... I swear we've heard this same nonsense from her before. Second verse, same as the first.

5 hours ago, Terrie said:

I swear we've heard this same nonsense from her before. Second verse, same as the first.

Maybe that's why I catch myself singing "Henry The VIII, I am" after reading her blog.

I don't think the new BF will last long (nothing much does in Raquel Land), but love-struck Twitter posts will add entertainment value until the angst kicks in.

11 hours ago, Terrie said:

Quote from Joseph Gordan-Levitt on his character in the movie (500) Days of Summer. Maybe Raquel should tatoo THIS somewhere on her "body journal."

OT but (500) Days of Summer messed me up, man. I was dating a guy who was so much like JGL's character, and the movie just made everything click in my head about what was wrong with our relationship (I already had started to see the red flags, and then the movie just solidified everything). I realized that this dude just wanted a Girlfriend, not Me as an individual.

And Raquel is a total female example of the Tom character/person: she wants a Boyfriend. Or as someone I know put it: she wants a wedding, but not a marriage.

43 minutes ago, xRoo said:

Raquel has once again left me too dumbfounded to snark with her blog explaining why if she is asleep she doesn't return texts. 

I remember people posting things like these years ago on Facebook/Myspace in high school. Pretty sure they were all just ploys to prove someone was so popular they were swatting away the hoards of admirers. Also, fairly certain no one past high school cares about whether or not someone return their texts immediately, unless it's really urgent (in which case, they're probably calling you anyways). Well, almost no one.

On 9/14/2016 at 0:41 PM, Terrie said:

But none of that pain and struggle and growth mean anything to Raquel, because they are not dewy-eyed Pinterest fantasies.

Beautifully put. She appears to have mistaken how people only put the "best" moments on social media to mean that these couples are blissfully happy 24/7, and that it's an achievable goal. Which would surely make any guy she got to know seem subpar as soon as they didn't see perfectly eye-to-eye on something, no matter how minor. 

She posted in one of her things last week about not letting a lost love define you...  and yet her 3 posts since then have all been about getting over a lost love -- and I'm assuming the texts one is probably connected, too. Time to let this pursuit of fantasy romance/love stop defining her or anyone else (I know a few other people in her age range with similarly unrealistic ideas about finding someone perfect). The real thing is far more satisfying, anyways, because you realize you've worked hard to build something together!

I lied. I can snark.

2)  My phone is on silent and/or died.
I honestly prefer keeping my phone on silent so I don't have to be hearing it going off every few minutes.  Instead, I can just have it on silent and go look at all my notifications when I have the time to.  My phone very rarely dies, but there's also that reason.

"I'm really popular. Like so popular my phone dings so much I have to silence it lol. *Tweets more celebs hoping they will tweet her back*

3)  I'm sleeping.
And you should be too........ Unless it's one of those rare midday naps I rarely get to partake of.

I work so hard at my part time barista job I can never nap even though I REALLY WANT TO. MY LIFE IS SO HARD.

4)  I don't have time.

If your text is something that I know will trigger a long conversation but I don't have the time to give you the full attention it deserves, then I won't respond at all.

You ain't important enough for my time

5)  You're annoying

And I honestly have no idea why I gave you my number.

I am better than everyone else

6)  I never gave you my number

And there are clear reasons for that, so why would I encourage you to text me by texting you back?

I'm so popular people be begging for my number.

I just rolled my eyes so hard, I may have strained them. She really is full of herself and totally tone deaf isn't she...

*faceplam* Even for Raquel, her latest pome is bad.

Sentence, linebreak.

Sentence, linebreak.

Sentence, linebreak.

Sentence, linebreak.

Big rambling paragraph. Full of heavy-handed metaphors. Intended to make Raquel look profound. But in the end, just making her look shallow. Once again, she is obsessing over lost "love." Love that is really infatuation. And she even manages to shove in a reference to her hair.

2 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Big rambling paragraph. Full of heavy-handed metaphors. Intended to make Raquel look profound. But in the end, just making her look shallow. Once again, she is obsessing over lost "love." Love that is really infatuation. And she even manages to shove in a reference to her hair.

I can just hear all of my college professors barfing at this "poetry." 

Also I find it fascinating that she knows so much about love, finding new love, etc. I gotta say, I played the on again, off again thing with the wrong guy for damn near ten years, and it's when I realized that I needed to stop saying "you'll find someone else" that I could let him go. I loved the fuck out of myself for a couple of years, and then yes, I did find someone else - but it made it way better because I was at the point that I was cool with me. 

You're exactly right - it's not love, it's infatuation. It's the "idea of love" that she wants, not the reality, which is that a lot of nights the boyfriend and I sit around in sweatpants trying to potty train the new puppy, and hopefully having enough time to clear out some of the DVR before we go to bed. 

He's not always going to send you your favorite flowers, but sometimes he's sweet and remembers that you prefer Miller Lite over Coors and brings that home instead. Other times you remember that you love him even when he doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Terrie said:

*faceplam* Even for Raquel, her latest pome is bad.

You know, I didn't even realize it was a pome until I looked at the title again... oops. 

She'd benefit from taking time to actually get over this infatuation before trying to tell others how to get over someone. I don't even mean that in a snarky way -- hopefully something gives her a reality check, cause living like that just means you'll be disappointed again and again. 

6 minutes ago, December said:

You know, I didn't even realize it was a pome until I looked at the title again... oops. 

My screen resolution means I see the title and then have to scroll down for the entry. So I see "A poem." Scroll down.... Scroll back up because I must have been mistaken, right? Nope. 

I wonder if she's started classes yet....

I LOVE THE POMES.

LETS WRITE IN HER ASK.FM ABOUT HOW MUCH WE LOVE HER AND HER HAIR AND HER POMES SO SHE'LL WRITE MORE. For real, this made a really, really bad day infinitely better.

Sidenote: does anyone remember where "pome" came from anymore?

4 hours ago, xRoo said:

I LOVE THE POMES.

LETS WRITE IN HER ASK.FM ABOUT HOW MUCH WE LOVE HER AND HER HAIR AND HER POMES SO SHE'LL WRITE MORE. For real, this made a really, really bad day infinitely better.

Sidenote: does anyone remember where "pome" came from anymore?

I might have been responsible for that. I honestly don't remember where I picked that up, but I've always used it to refer to, well, pomes.  It just fits, doesn't it? :pb_lol: I kind of want to say that where I grew up, the local accent would have pronounced it as pome. Along with turning crayon into crown and wolf into woof. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived