IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

I am so wanting her to get one of those Chinese character tats that dumb non-Asian people think say "strength/peace/their name" but actually say "fried rice."

I could totally see her getting exactly that, except it would be in Hebrew instead of Chinese!

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, look, another pome.

Your character
Both so strong
Yet so fragile
I love you for being so unbreakable

That makes no fricking sense! :doh:

@Terrie It's like Raquel has figured out that there is such a concept as contrast as a literary device and contradiction as a form of character depth, but she hasn't actually figured out what the fuck that concept is.

Oh, look, more relationship advice from the girl's whose most serious relationship has been with her twitter feed. This time on how to get her to go away. Most of it is pretty standard common-sense stuff. But a couple of the items...

The second a guy says or does something to make YOU feel bad, it's manipulation for something that he wants you to do. 

Reality is that sometimes those we care about hurt us. Sometimes, they even do it on purpose, out of anger or hurt. Sometimes, we feel bad because, frankly, we ought to, because we are hurting them. Remember the aches in your feet and legs when you were little. "Growing pains." Growing hurts. Watch out for manipulation, yes, but don't confuse it with being human.

If you ever stop pursuing me
This may sound like an attention-seeking, childish reason...

Because it is. 

She doesnt really know what she wants. Now he has to constantly pursue her... A while back she posted that she'd dump a guy who didn't give her space.

She gets brownie points for not encouraging girls to stay with abusive partners.

Yeah, snark aside I'm sorry to hear that she's experienced both physical and emotional abuse, but glad she's adopted a zero tolerance policy going forward and encouraging others to do the same.

I'm all for encouraging people to stay away from abusive or manipulative partners, but the way she phrased it makes it sound like any guy who calls Raquel on her BS will be labeled manipulative and abusive. Most people, I would assume they meant the moment someone purposely does something just to make you feel bad, but with Raquel, I can't shake the feeling she meant just what she said.

Per Instagram she is in Texas.  And there's a photo of her with an AR47 (or similar).  By the way - no safety glasses and no visible hearing protection (she may have ear plugs in). 

14 hours ago, clueliss said:

Per Instagram she is in Texas.  And there's a photo of her with an AR47 (or similar).  By the way - no safety glasses and no visible hearing protection (she may have ear plugs in). 

Goodness I hope she does. Someone even commented that she was holding it properly with her cheek pressed against the side. I don't know much about guns, but my friend who was a sniper for the Marines took one look at the picture and shuddered when he saw her lack of safety gear.

16 hours ago, clueliss said:

I will never understand this posting of pics with guns.  Are you trying to pretend you're a badass?  Safety training so you don't injure yourself or others is badass.  Posing with a weapon is not.  

By the way - there are ear muffs on the table - so for her to not have safety gear on  - even if she's pretending and not really firing - is just stupid.

Still nothing from her about classes. Early Sept, she said she was starting "that month." Both the Sept. and Oct. cohort for the adult program started, so if she meant month of Sept. or next 30 days month, she should have started. But not a word. 

On 10/5/2016 at 10:06 PM, Kate11 said:

I could totally see her getting exactly that, except it would be in Hebrew instead of Chinese!

Sort of unrelated, but I remember seeing an internet spat where some girl (presumably Jewish) got the Hebrew word "chai" (pronounced "KH-EYE" and means "life" as in l'chaim) as a tattoo, and captioned it explaining that she got "chai" as a tattoo. Then someone commented that she was such a basic bitch getting "chai" tattooed on herself, the only chai she's probably ever had was from Starbucks because she's a basic bitch, and that's not even how you write "chai" in Hindi. It took like ten more comments for everyone to figure out that Hindi and Hebrew are not the same language nor do they have remotely similar writing systems.

If Raquel pulled the trigger immediately after that first picture, I imagine she has quite a bruise on her shoulder. She also doesn't have a stable base being up on her toes like that. She's likely to knock herself on her ass.

6 hours ago, ari_belle said:

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/2016/10/i-support-right-to-bear-firearms.html

"With all these stupid gun control debates, I thought I'd show my support of firearms by posting this picture."

lol.

Hopefully, her professors will teach her that "It's stupid" is not legitimate argument and you actually have to support your position with facts.

1 hour ago, Terrie said:

Hopefully, her professors will teach her that "It's stupid" is not legitimate argument and you actually have to support your position with facts.

At which point she will find some reasons why college is a bad idea and move on to the next activity of the week? (Though I hope not, college could really help if she can learn to accept and work with constructive criticism)

Did she really just end a blog post with "i wont hesitate to shoot someone"

dat Jesus tho

also shr tweeted a few hours ago that life changed drastically overnight. Hoping we get more ob that soon. Any guesses?

5 hours ago, xRoo said:

Did she really just end a blog post with "i wont hesitate to shoot someone"

dat Jesus tho

also shr tweeted a few hours ago that life changed drastically overnight. Hoping we get more ob that soon. Any guesses?

Well before she posted that, she said "You really don't know who has your back until you're in desperate need."

Were her parents helping her out? Maybe they cut her off for real.

And if she was treating her new barista job anything like her old one, maybe they fired her..

Also here are our daily lulz

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 4.27.09 PM.png

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived